Register
Sign in

28 Sep 2023, 03:45
Rebecca "Bex" Lark ⸙ Ravenclaw ⸙ First Year
coded by june selwyn
c h a r a c t e r ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎‎ ‎ t r u n k ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ p e o p l e ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ t h r e a d s
Reducio
Name: Rebecca Elise Lark
Birthday: February 14th, 2012
Herbology
Cool Colors
Football
Sweaters
Quidditch
Dorm: Booted Eagle
Amortentia: -
Patronus: -
Boggart: -
Dislikes
Sweets
Studying
Board Games
Idleness
Rain
x
xxxxx
Reducio

Bex is rather small for her age, and with her long brown hair and soft, delicate facial features she looks remarkably like her mother did at that age. When she's staying with her mother, her hair is often done up in elaborate styles or braids, but when left to her own devices she doesn't spare it much of a thought.

Though looks-wise she mostly takes after her mum, her family often remarks that she makes the exact same facial expressions as her dad, especially when she's annoyed or thinking through a problem in her head. She has a small, brown birthmark on her shoulder that her dad always joked looks like "an especially wilted flower," but to Bex it mostly just looks like a blob.

At 11, Bex doesn't put much thought into how she dresses or wears her hair, and has a fondness for t-shirts, hoodies and big, chunky sweaters. She likes to wear clothes that she can easily move around and do activities in, and as such took an immediate dislike to her new school robes.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reducio

Bex is the only child of a Muggle mum and a Muggle-born dad. Her parents divorced when she was 6, which led to her spending the school year with her mum in the Muggle world, and the summers with her dad in the Magical one. Bex has always secretly preferred her Muggle school year to her Wizarding summers, which has made her a little apprehensive about starting her first year at Hogwarts.

While Bex's parents both love her dearly, and spoil her perhaps more than is really good for her, their relationship with each other could be charitably described as tense. They made a commitment to co-parenting, but not to enjoying each others company, and Bex has had a long string of increasingly uncomfortable Christmases.

Bex was born on Valentine's day, which was fun was she was little but just gets both more embarrassing and more annoying the older she gets. Valentine's themed gifts are cute the first time, but far less cute the eleventh time.
xxxxx
Reducio

Bex is stubborn and independent, but also rather self-conscious and anxious. She wants to lead and take charge of her life and the events that take place in it, but her fear of getting in trouble often leads to her being cautious and risk-avoidant. She absolutely hates to argue, and if she can't make you see things her way then she's more liable to drop the topic altogether than keep talking about it. However, she can hold a grudge for months if she doesn't get her way, and is prone to giving people the silent treatment. She once refused to speak to her mum for a record sixteen and a half days.

She is smart and (begrudgingly) studious, but is much happier playing games outdoors than reading or doing schoolwork inside. While she can be very competitive with people she considers to be at or above her skill level, both in school and in sports, she doesn't like it when anyone feels left out and is a patient (if bossy) teacher to anyone she sees struggling.

While she's headstrong and prone to getting into small tiffs with her friends, she's endlessly loyal to those in her inner circle. She has a bad habit of taking on her friends enemies as her own enemies, and remembers slights made against her friends long after they themselves have forgotten. Her love language is acts of service, and is more than willing to pull an all-nighter to help a friend study for an exam or care for them when they're sick. She's not particularly verbally affectionate though, and prefers to show her love through actions and physical affection.

Bex is very chatty and sociable, and in general a born extrovert. She's happiest when she's able to develop a large social circle, and isn't shy about going out of her way to befriend new people. She loves parties and big group events, and is generally happy to tag along and participate in whatever the group is doing, so long as it isn't likely to get her in trouble. She's eager to please and to prove herself, but only if you're someone she considers worthy of that effort, such as her family or a well-liked authority figure. She has an almost distressing lack of guile.

Bex is a huge muggle and magical sports fanatic, and while her father was meticulous about making her follow the underage magic laws, he was more than happy to get her kid's brooms and play pick-up Quidditch with her in the backyard. She currently plays second-string beater on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team.

Having grown-up mostly in the Muggle world, Bex's greatest disappointment in life is that she finally got to have a cell phone when she turned 11, and now she's not even allowed to bring it to school with her so she can text her friends back in Leeds. What's the point of magic if you can't even have a phone?
Reducio

Bex's first instance of magic came when she was four, and was playing games with the girls who lived next door while Bex's mum kept an eye on them. When the older of the two girls accused Bex of cheating, her bucket of toys flew up and upended over the older girls head, before coming down to smack her in the face, giving her a black eye. The girls' parents, assuming she had just personally, physically done this, stopped speaking with Bex's parents and wouldn't allow the girls to play together anymore. This caused one of the first of many fights between her then still-married parents. While her parents relationship truthfully first began to break down when her dad told her mom that he was a wizard, Bex only started to notice the rift after this event, which has led her to quietly blame their divorce on herself.
xxxxx
Reducio
Milo Lark, Father
Reducio
A muggle-born himself, Milo has always had one foot in the Magical world and one in the Muggle world. A Ravenclaw alumni, he had been out of school for about two years when he met Meredith at a Muggle pub he was at with his brothers. They hit it off and began dating, and six months later Meredith was pregnant, at which point Milo asked Meredith to marry him. Their relationship took a serious hit when he explained to Meredith that he was a Wizard on their wedding day, and never really recovered. By the time Bex was six, they had filed for divorce.

Milo works in administration at St. Mungo's, specifically as a liaison between the hospital and the companies it sources things like supplies and potions from. Though he never played in his youth, he's a huge quiditch fan and would take Bex to as many matches as possible when she'd stay with him for the summer (which was one of the few parts of the visits she enjoyed). As Bex has grown older, the easy relationship they shared when she was little has become harder and harder to maintain, and he finds himself desperately struggling to connect with her.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx Image
Meredith Ishida née Phipps, Mother
Reducio
Meredith works as a Muggle hairdresser in Leeds. She met Rebecca's father, Milo, when she was 19, and began a whirlwind romance with him that had already begun to fizzle out by the time she had Rebecca at age 20. She's a firm believer in relationships being built on mutual trust and respect, and she's never forgiven Milo from waiting until they were married to tell her that he was a wizard, especially since it was something that would set the course for Bex's life as well. She did her best to hold her marriage together for her daughter, but she and Milo ended up finally divorcing when Bex was 6.

Meredith and Bex share a love of outdoor activities and sports and they take a hiking trip every year. She plays center back in her local women's football league, and is a huge movie buff. Meredith's friends set her up on a date with her new husband, Leo, about a year after her divorce from Milo, and the two were married in July of 2023.
xxx Image
Leo Ishida, Stepfather
Reducio
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
xxx Image

Last edited by Rebecca Lark on 15 Feb 2024, 15:56, edited 37 times in total.

tatsu is my boyfriend
sta: 8, eva: 3; str: 7; wis: 4; ap: 6; acc: 7 perfectionist xxxxxx
Dialogue: #003060

28 Sep 2023, 04:00
c h a r a c t e r ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎‎ ‎ t r u n k ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ p e o p l e ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ t h r e a d s
s t a t s
| stamina: 8 | evasion: 3 | strength: 7 |
| wisdom: 4 | arcane power: 6 | accuracy: 7 |
a b i l i t i e s
‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎perfectionist ‎ ‎ |‎ ‎ ‎ ‎
s p e l l s
Reducio

f i r s t
Tarantallegra • Dancing Feet Spell
Reparo • Mending Charm
Aberto • Opening Charm
Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibilus
Eyeglass Repair Charm • Oculus Reparo
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio
Extinguishing Charm • Extinguo
Four-Point Spell • Point Me
Green Sparks Charm • Verdimillious
Red Spark Charm • Periculum
Clothing Ignition Spell • Lacarnum Inflamari
Shooting Spell • Jaculor
Bubble-Producing Charm • Bullarum Immortalem
Scouring Charm • Scourgify
Curse of the Bogies • Mucus ad Nauseam
Matchbox Transformation Spell • Flintifors
Matchstick to Needle • Conmutocus
p o t i o n s
Reducio
f i r s t
Cure for Boils
Herbicide Potion
Forgetfulness Potion
Pompion Potion
Antidote to Common Poisons
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons
Bruise Removal Paste
Burn Healing Paste
Muffling Draught
Dogbreath Potion

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

1 Oct 2023, 22:25

t h e ‎ ‎ f r i e n d s
Reducio
Helena Rose
Reducio

My first friend at Hogwarts. She's got some opinions that are a little troubling (and should probably be revisited later) but she has a good heart.
Alyssea Brown
Reducio

She's super cool and runs basically everything. She moderated my first duel and she's the leader of the Racing Academy. I heard a rumor that she's dating a goblin but I'm not sure if this is real???
Raizel Voltrouz
Reducio

She's so cool and knows so many spells! I had my first (and hopefully only) ever duel with her, and I knocked her unconscious with Tarantallegra. We're friends now :)
xxxxx
t h e ‎ ‎ e n e m i e s
Reducio
Gyda Delaney
Reducio

She was literally a jerk to me for no reason. At 8 A.M.! In Potions! I didn't need her help to have a bad time!
Elsian Cox
Reducio

Criminal. Saboteur. War profiteer. Also he stuck his tongue out at me, which is unforgivable. Down with the bourgeoisie.
t he ‎ ‎ a c q u a i n t e n c e s
Reducio

Rory Hara
Reducio

We shared an umbrella once when it was raining. He seems nice enough.
Estelle Nyx
Reducio

Briefly met her once at the Study and Tutoring Club, not much to say here.
Zach Zaphiere
Reducio

He's the club leader of Dittany's Leaves, where I got to plant my little aloe vera clipping. Never really talked to him though.
Juliana Allen
Reducio

We're both in the Racing Academy. She's on Team Ride or Die with me!
Pyxis Hellebore
Reducio

We picked weeds together once. He seems nice enough, though he's kind of got noodle arms.
Astra Norrick
Reducio

She's mostly just an accomplice, but I've got my eye on her.
Reducio
Pearla Vexx
Reducio

We're both in the Racing Academy. She's on Team Ride or Die with me!
Reducio
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxt h e ‎ ‎ l o s txxxxxxxxx
Reducio
Fang Yun-Xin
Reducio
aquaintance

We picked weeds together once. She seems nice enough, though I am afraid she'll challenge me to a duel one day.
Last edited by Rebecca Lark on 29 Jan 2024, 00:39, edited 7 times in total.

tatsu is my boyfriend

1 Oct 2023, 22:26
xxxxxxxxxx
Key: ✓ = Completed | 〤 = Abandoned | ➶ = Ongoing
xxxxxxxxxx
x
t l ; d r
Reducio
t h r e a d s
Reducio

SEPTEMBER
Reducio

✓ - The Tale Begins | September 1st, 2023, Morning to Evening | Bex meets Helena Rose on the Hogwarts Express, and learns a lot about the magical world in the process.
✓ - Sorting Ceremony | September 1st, 2023, Evening | Bex arrives at Hogwarts, and is sorted into Ravenclaw.
✓ - Heal the Burns with Aloe Vera | September 2nd, 2023 | Bex attends the first meeting of Dittany's Leaves and bonds with her Aloe Vera plant - who is named after her grandmother, or her grandmother is named after it - in the process.
➶ - Heal the Burns with Aloe Vera (Stage 2) | September 30th, 2023 | Bex checks back in on her aloe vera plant, taking great pains to meet all of it's physical and emotional needs.

OCTOBER
Reducio

➶ - When It Rains | October 4th, 2023 | An unexpected bout of rain leads to Bex meeting fellow first year Rory Hara.
➶ - Right or Wrong? | October 6th, 2023, Afternoon | Bex runs into Helena in the Courtyard, and meets a "friend" of hers, Remedy Norden, as well.
➶ - Annoyance in the Cauldron | October 16th, 2023, Morning | Bex is partnered with Gyda Delaney in Potions class.
➶ - Teaching and Learning | October 25th, 2023 | Bex attends the first meeting of The Study Tutoring Club.
✓- Slytherin v Ravenclaw - Fall 2023 | October 28th, 2023, Noon | Bex's first ever Quidditch match, Slytherin vs. Ravenclaw. Originally planning to spend the match on the bench, Bex also has her first ever time of being knocked unconscious. She's honored to fall in the line of duty.
➶ - Stuck in the Earth | October 29th, 2023 | Bex runs into some other first years while out digging up the weeds that are infesting Hogwarts.
〤 - Halloween Party | October 31st, 2023 | Bex attends a Halloween Party in the Great Hall dressed like a moth, and enjoys some maybe poisoned punch.

NOVEMBER
Reducio

➶ - A Cruising Start to November | November 4th, 2023, 14:00 | Bex braves the November chill to come out and cheer for Helena at her first (unofficial) broom race.
✓ - It Takes Courage to Try | November 18th, 2023, Afternoon | Bex faces her fears and asks known fight-freak Raizel Voltrouz to duel her.
➶ - Torn Pride | November 18th, 2023, Post ITCtT | Bex, Raizel, and Alyssea reconvene in the hospital wing after Bex's first duel.
➶ - Clear Skies & Stifled Highs | November 23rd, 2023, 14:00 | Bex meets future professional Quidditch player, Alasdair von Tschirnhaus-Comyn (what a mouthful!).
➶ - Vestiges of Daylight | November 24th, 2023, 16:00 | Bex meets Avery Leveret for the first and second time.
✓ - Baby Birds (And A Snake) | November 25th, 2023, 10:00 | Team Ride or Die, composed of Bex, Juliana Allen, and their captain Pearla Vexx, take on the first ever Racers Academy Broom Race.
➶ - Corner of the Sky | November 26th, 2023 | Bex follows Alyssea into the school's ballroom. So does everybody else at Hogwarts.
➶ - Testing Limits | November 27th, 2023 | Bex watches a seventh year murder four underclassman. It was awesome.

DECEMBER
Reducio

➶ - Let There Be Dragon! | December 2nd, 2023, 10:00 | A brave apple is lost to the jaws of war. Also, there's a dragon.
➶ - Artistic Renditions | December 4th, 2023 | Bex and Raizel meet up and doodle little cartoons of their Astronomy professor. RIP to Bex's hoodie and Professor Baird, in that order.
➶ - Of Plants and Men | December 5th, 2023 | Bex runs into another first year, Dean Saunders, while faffing about in the greenhouse.
✓ - Sink or Swim? | December 10th, 2023 | Little Lifeguards, reporting for duty! Bex assists the unofficial lifeguard team, headed by Finnegan Conner, in keeping an eye on some of her less buoyant classmates during the swimming errand.
➶ - Stay grounded | December 15th, 2023 | Like some sort of Unseelie prince, Finnegan Conner lures Bex out of the library and into one of Hogwarts' many secret passages. Trespassing, theft, and bad broom etiquette ensues.
✓ - A Slight Deviation | December 27th, 2023 |Bex has three parents and only one of them has any control over her. Thankfully her mother didn't accompany Bex to the Menagerie, so welcome to the family Crumb!

JANUARY
Reducio

➶ - Boxed Undertones | January 6th, 2024, Lunchtime | Bex helps Helena conquer divorce through the power of at-home hair dye.
➶ - The Ballet of Blades | January 6th, 2024 | Bex learns to ice skate, and is really, really good at it. She sees a squid :3
➶ - Biscuits, Cravings, Decorations | January 7th, 2024, 19:00 | THE COOKIES ARE ANGRY, BEWARE.
➶ - Got My Eye On You | January 13th, 2024, Breakfast | Bex and Pericles Dralt have eyeball show-and-tell. Hope this doesn't cause any lifelong trauma!
➶ - Ravenclaw vs Hufflepuff - Winter 2024 | January 27th, 2024, 9:30 | Jorah is once again knocked unconscious, and Bex takes to the skies.

FEBRUARY
Reducio

➶ - Snitches and Stitches | February 10th, 2024, 14:00 | Bex finally cons Alyssea and Raizel into playing quidditch with her, and meets Ulysses Drake when the two of them work together to annihilate a child.

MARCH
Reducio

APRIL
Reducio

➶ - Magical Masquerade: The entrance | April 13th, 2024, 16:00 | Bex has lovely time at the ball, presumably. We just can't know.

x

tatsu is my boyfriend