Register
Sign in

20 Jan 2023, 15:45
Rhys Read|| Second Year||Gryffindor  under construction 
────────────────────
Reducio
──────────────────────────
quotes that apply to/could describe Rhys
"get a load of this monster! he doesn't know how to communicate. his mind is in a different place, will everybody please give him a little bit of space?"
"get a load of this trainwreck! his hair's a mess and he doesn't know who he is yet"
"i need to be alone, or i'm gonna lose my shit"
R
H
Y
S
Full Name: Rhys Rae Read
House: Gryffindor
Hair Color: auburn
Eye Color: hazel (blue-green)
Height: 5'0"
Wand: 29, 8 cm chestnut wood and dragon heartstring
School Year: First
Patronus:
Species: Human
Face Claim(s): Sophia Lillis, Addison Grace
Orientation: Panromantic Asexual
R
E
A
D
<.3
Reducio
Rhys grew up in a half-blood family, with magic coming from their dad's side. They have two older twin brothers (Rhain and Rhun) and a younger sister(Rhylee), so they're used to being on the sidelines as the middle child. Their parents met in London, while they were both students at their respective universities. Their dad majored in Wizarding Law, while their mom majored in Business Administration. Their dad is a magical lawyer, and their mom works as a real estate agent, so they've never really struggled financially. Despite this, though, they don't really put their "wealth" on display, especially since Rhys abjectly hates dressing up much, and their mother was raised alone by her mom, having to move frequently and not really living in an actual house until after she was married to Rhys's father.

Prior to Hogwarts, Rhys was raised in Ely in Wales, usually keeping an eye on their younger sister while both of their parents worked. While both of their parents' jobs allowed them to have some flexibility to work from home, they weren't always around, which contributed to Rhys developing a sort of independent nature, especially since they weren't ever really the center of attention.

Rhys's first instance of magic happened rather late in the game. They were about 8, when their brothers were home for the holidays during their first year, they decided to start picking on Rhys, poking and prodding until finally they snapped and caused the family portrait to fall off the wall from above the mantel, almost falling into the fireplace. Their parents had been shocked that Rhys had done much at all, considering they hadn't shown any inclinations of being magical prior, and both their brothers and younger sister had already had magical instances before they even started primary school. It was a sort of relief for their mother, since she'd feared that it might have been her doing if they never did get that "spark" of magic.

Upon arriving at Hogwarts, Rhys was promptly sorted into Gryffindor, much like their father and both of their older brothers, and also much to their own disdain. Of course, both their parents and older brothers were thrilled by this information, and their brothers took it upon themselves to report back to their parents on how well they adapted to Hogwarts life, including the fact that they roomed in the Gender-Neutral dormitory. When confronted by this, Rhys reluctantly said that they’d rather not be in the girls dormitory and preferred the atmosphere of the Gender-Neutral one. Their brothers left them alone after that, but they knew then that their brothers were still suspicious, and so they decided just to be grateful that the two boys had more important things to worry about than their little "sister"'s dorm situation.

Personality wise, Rhys has kind of a quiet, solemn existence. They tend to keep to themselves and don't really go out, save for the exception of hanging out with a few friends. They're actually quite funny with a bit of dry humor and sarcasm once they essentially let themself come out of their shell, but it takes some time for them to open up and actually let their personality show.

As shown above, Rhys is non-binary, along with being panromantic asexual. They're not really "out" to their parents yet, but they've always been sort of a 'tomboy' growing up. But that's not really something that they discuss with their family, since they can't really gauge how they would react.
Academia
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR THREADS
------------------------
"look at that high-waisted man! he got feminine hips!"
------------------------

---Face: Pudgy, yet to have sharp or defined features. Lightly freckled.
---Eyes: Blue-green version of hazel. Eye color shifts from various shades of blue or green dependent on lighting.
---Nose: Upturned, sort of button-like
---Mouth: prone to tight-lipped smiles, scowls, smirks, and (rarely) the occasional smile
---Hair: Pixie-cut, perpetually messy, impulsively chopped off
---Frame: Short and stocky,
------------------------
"we're so calm, but we're fuckin' scared!"
------------------------

Casual Standing: a bit slouched, usually with weight shifted to one leg, while the other is slightly bent
Casual Sitting: often slouched against whatever surface is behind them (headboard, wall, etc.,) or lean forward over work
Happy: relaxed, small smiles. playful demeaner, (this is rare)
Sad: sullen, closed off and reserved. shoulders will hunch, avoids looking anyone in the eye
Stressed: fidgety, tugging on sleeves, quick-tempered, high alert (posture is probably best when stressed)
Annoyed: crossed arms, hands in pockets, frequent eye-rolls
Angry: fists and jaw will clench, grit teeth, nostrils flare. face will also get red as they get more angrier
------------------------
"i'll keep all of my emotions right here, and then one day i'll die"
------------------------

---Determined Once Rhys sets their mind on something, it is hard to deter them away from their goal
---ProtectiveIt will take a while to get into Rhys's close inner circle, but once you do they'll do anything to protect you
---Artistic Rhys has a fondness for sketching, and will often spend hours working in their sketchbook
---Impulsive Rhys has poor impulse control, especially if they're experiencing strong emotions
---Temperamental Rhys has anger-management issues, so they're quick-tempered and prone to, ah, episodes
---Isolated Rhys often pushes people away, as a defense mechanism. this isolates them, and results in them being quite lonely with trust issues
------------------------
"hiding insecurities under layers of clothing"
------------------------

School Robes: Haphazardly worn, not exactly sharp and refined
School Casual: Baggy clothing, long-sleeved shirts and a jacket
Athletic: Wrinkled, as they're hardly ever worn and get discarded
Fancy: pantsuits, occasional dresses, rompers
Other: tries to look as androgynous as possible. the less you can assume about them, the better
------------------------
"what goes around, comes around"
------------------------

---Grades: "I heard they're a straight-O student!" "Smart, committed to their work."
---Opinions: "What kind of name is Rhys?" "They don't talk much" "I heard they get into a lot of fights." "Can't seem to tell what's going on inside their head."
---Behavior: "Polite, but to a certain extent." "Sarcastic, touchy." "Not exactly a people person"
---Appearance: "Are they a boy, a girl, or neither?" "They clean up nice"
Coding Credits @Katrina Walker
Last edited by Rhys Read on 30 Jul 2023, 16:20, edited 23 times in total.

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

20 Jan 2023, 16:02
T R U N K
━━━━━━━━━━
STATS, ITEMS, & ABILITIES ╳

█ ABILITIES | I The Muggle Condition wc 603| II | III | IIII | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII

█ ITEMS |
| 8 | STA █
| 7 | EVA █
| 7 | STR █
| 6 | WIS █
| 6 | ARC █
| 6 | ACC █
SPELLS KNOWN ╳
Reducio
Dancing-Feet Spell • Tarantallegra - Charms 1
Mending Charm • Reparo - Charms 1
Levitation Charm • Wingardium Leviosa - Charms 2
Wand-Lighting Charm • Lumos - Charms 3
Wand-Extinguishing Charm • Nox - Charms 3
Locking Charm • Colloportus - Charms 4
Unlocking Charm • Alohomora - Charms 4
Umbrella Spell • Pluvia Velo - Charms 5
Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibilus - Transfiguration 1
Snail to Teapot • Choclea Bibe - Transfiguration 2
Glass to Sand • Quarzicum - Transfiguration 2
Sauce-Making Spell • Condimentum - Transfiguration 3
Matchbox Transformation Spell • Flintifors - Transfiguration 4
Matchstick to Needle • Conmutocus - Transfiguration 4
Untransfiguration • Reparifarge - Transfiguration 5
Green Sparks Charm • Verdimillious - DADA 1
Red Spark Charm • Periculum - DADA 1
Curse of the Bogies • Mucus ad Nauseam - DADA 2
Knockback Jinx • Flipendo - DADA 3
Smokescreen Spell • Fumos - DADA 4
Eyeglass Repair Charm • Oculus Reparo - HoM 1
Sneezing Hex • Steleus - HoM 2
Bubble-Producing Charm • Bullarum Immortalem - HoM 3
Scouring Charm • Scourgify - HoM 3
Passage Opening Charm • Dissendium - HoM 4
Mice to Snuffboxes • Muspyxis - HoM 5
Opening Charm • Aberto - Astronomy 1
Take Root • Anathema Daphnis - Astronomy 2
Shooting Spell • Jaculor - Astronomy 3
Snowflake-Creating Spell • Nix Facitur - Astronomy 4
Bewitched Snowballs • Nive Percutio - Astronomy 5
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio - Herbology 2
Extinguishing Charm • Extinguo - Herbology 3
Four-Point Spell • Point Me - Flying 3
Knife to Paper Airplane • Cultrofors - DADA 5
Severing Charm • Diffindo
Softening Charm • Spongify
Packing Charm • Pack
Tickling Charm • Rictusempra
POTIONS KNOWN ╳
Reducio
Cure for Boils (First Lesson)
Herbicide Potion (First Lesson)
Forgetfulness Potion (First Lesson)
Antidote to Common Poisons (Second Lesson)
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons (Second Lesson)
Bruise Removal Paste (Third Lesson)
Burn Healing Paste (Third Lesson)
Babbling Beverage (Fourth Lesson)
Confusing Concoction (Fourth Lesson)
Dizziness Draught (Fourth Lesson)
Muffling Draught (Fifth Lesson)
Dogbreath Potion (Fifth Lesson)
Pompion Potion (Herbology Second Lesson)
Last edited by Rhys Read on 25 Jan 2023, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

25 Jan 2023, 17:58
☽ " F R I E N D S " ☾
QROW BEITHIR
SLYTHERIN | 1 | FAVORITE PERSON
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
Met in the corridors, was almost an enemy, but they were such a dishy little tosser...
JACK BURNETT
SLYTHERIN | 4TH
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
Mentor of sorts for Rhys
"More than an acquaintance, but I refuse to call anyone a 'friend.' Finally, someone in this school with some sense."
NAME NAME
HOUSE | YEAR
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
☽ A C Q U A I N T A N C E S ☾
ANNA BLACKROSE
RAVENCLAW | 1ST
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
Pretty nice girl, Rhys helped her out once during a flying lesson. Not completely dislikeable
───Threads:
flying or trying
NAME NAME
HOUSE | YEAR
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
NAME NAME
HOUSE | YEAR
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
☽ E N E M I E S ☾
DUVESSA EMBER
SLYTHERIN | 1ST
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
LUCIAN MORNSTERN
SLYTHERIN | 1ST
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
NAME NAME
HOUSE | YEAR
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
Code by: Winnie Harper

☽ . . . I T ' S C O M P L I C A T E D ☾
AZRAEL FAIRE
GRYFFINDOR | 1
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
Dorm-mate turned crush turned potential partner turned... ex-partner?
───Threads:
NAME NAME
SLYTHERIN | 4TH
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
summ
───Threads:
NAME NAME
HOUSE | YEAR
────────────────
SUMMARY:
Reducio
───Threads:
Last edited by Rhys Read on 7 Sep 2023, 18:29, edited 23 times in total.

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

1 Feb 2023, 17:38
THE READ FAMILY
------------------------
"We started chanting, McDonald's, McDonald's, McDonald's! And my dad pulled into the drive-thru, and we started cheering and then he ordered one black coffee for himself and kept driving."
------------------------

---Name: Sebastian Read
---House: Was in Ravenclaw, almost Slytherin
---Blood Status: Pureblood
---Hair Color: Dark brown
---Eye Color: Green
---Relationship to Rhys: emotionally absent Father
---Favorite Past Time with Rhys:
---Faceclaim: John Mulaney
------------------------
“My mom would blame me for things that happened on the news. That is true.”
------------------------

Name: Amélie Read
Blood Status: Muggle
Age/Year: 36
Hair Color: light brown
Eye Color: gray-blue
Relationship to Rhys: Mother <3
Favorite past time with Rhys: Baking
Faceclaim:Jennifer Garner
Image]
------------------------
"It's been very funny to try to act like an adult. Even getting dressed. Every day, I'm like, 'Should I wear a blazer and walk around with an umbrella? Do I carry a briefcase?' Because I'm trying to be some image of the adults I saw on TV growing up."
------------------------

---Name: Rhain Read
---House: Gryffindor
---Blood Status: Half-Blood
---Age/Year: 15/Fifth
---Hair Color: Black (dyed), usually a darkish brown
---Relationship to Rhys: One of two older brothers, twin to Rhun
---Favorite past time with Rhys: pulling 'harmless' (mostly) pranks on/with them
---Faceclaim:Cole Sprouse
------------------------
"You’re like the kid at the sleepover who, after midnight, is like, ‘It’s tomorrow now.’ Get out of here with your technicalities. Just because you’re accurate doesn’t mean you’re interesting."
------------------------

Name: Rhun Read
House: Gryffindor
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Age/Year: 15/Fifth (like 5 minutes older than Rhain >:))
Hair Color: light brown/dirty blonde
Eye Color: Green
Relationship to Rhys: other older brother: Rhain's twin
Favorite past time with Rhys: Teasing them and generally giving them a hard time
Faceclaim: Dylan Sprouse

------------------------
"spoiled, but she is the youngest, so I guess it checks out."
------------------------

Name: Rhylee Read
House: n/a will probably be Hufflepuff
Blood Status: Half-Blood
Hair Color: light brown
Eye Color: Green
Relationship to Rhys: Younger sister
Favorite past time with Rhys: Crocheting
Faceclaim: Ava Kolker
Coding Credits @Katrina Walker

──────────────
───
Daphne Read
-
Status Royalty~
Birthday July 7th 2022
Breed Egyptian Mau
Residence
Rhys's bed, sometimes their bag, or shoulder
Function
Emotional support
Wand None, I am a cat.
────────────────────────────────────
Favourites
Inventory
Person
Rhys Read
Snack
Mice
Day
yes
Place
Rhys's shoulder[/color]
Color
what is color?
Sport
Fetch
──
Total Wealth
everything Rhys owns is mine >:)
Objects
Everything
Chocolate frogs
all of them
Every Flavour Beans
all of them
Pet
Rhys
Human─────────────────
-
Credit : Aurora Ranvier
Last edited by Rhys Read on 7 Sep 2023, 18:53, edited 10 times in total.

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

2 Feb 2023, 14:49
Life At Hogwarts
Thread History
○=ongoing ●=finished ◍=abandoned :( ◐=part one ◑=part two
First Year
Reducio
September 2022

October 2022

November 2022

December 2022
Reducio

January 2023

February 2023

Second Year
Reducio

Third Year
Reducio

Fourth Year
Reducio

Fifth Year
Reducio

Sixth Year
Reducio

Seventh Year
Reducio
Last edited by Rhys Read on 13 Feb 2023, 17:24, edited 4 times in total.

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

3 Feb 2023, 18:33
FACECLAIM DUMP?
Future FC ideas!!
Reducio

Sophia Lillis (longer hair) (2nd yr/late semester 2 of 1st year)Image
Addison Grace (3rd year)
Chloe Moriondo (3rd, possibly 4th year)

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

23 Feb 2023, 16:00
Outfits (ignore this, just putting these here so I don't forget to include them in posts I've yet to do)
Valentine's Ball
Reducio

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |

3 Apr 2023, 15:32

Name: Achille Lévesque-Auclair
School: Beauxbatons
Year: 1st born 10/11/2010
Appearance: Achille, much like the Greek hero for which he was named, has striking blue eyes with blonde hair, accompanied with a smattering of freckles. At 11, he is tall for his age, coming in at around 4'11" and expected to get even taller. He can often be seen in rather formal wear, with his school robes always perfectly refined and in proper order. He has a birthmark vaguely in the shape of a peace symbol on one of his wrists, along with a few very faint scars- one along his eyebrow, and some on his back that are mostly hidden by his clothing. These are from the accident referenced in his history. Do not ask about these scars, he will not tell you how he got them. It is a bit of a sore subject.
Reducio
sick banner done by @Guinevere Russetwood <3

Personality: Achille is a polite, soft spoken boy. Due to his upbringing, he has been raised with the belief that he can accomplish anything, should he only try. He is incredibly ambitious, and though he can be rather shy when it comes to people, has an air of confidence about him. He is rather hesitant to flaunt these qualities, however, along with his seemingly natural-born good looks. Achille is also determined to hold on to his youth as long as he's able, although his height seems to be actively battling against him as he grows taller with each year.

History: | wc 656
Reducio
Raised by two loving mothers, Lisette and Genevieve Lévesque-Auclair, Achille was brought up in a very supportive home. The two women had met at University and eventually married in 2015. After a few years and discussion, Lis and Gen decided they'd like to raise a child together, and agreed to adopt. After fostering Achille for only a few months, the two immediately fell in love with the child and took him in as their own. Achille's previous/biological parents suffered in a severe car accident when Achille was only five, and he was the only survivor. For a while, Achille refused to warm up to his new guardians, and was prone to throwing a temper, as he was incredibly confused and frustrated as to where his "real" parents had gone, and why they had been replaced with Lisette and Genevieve. The car accident had also left him with major auditory loss in his right ear, and this was also frustrating to navigate as he had to get used to relying more on his left. His hearing aid also took some time to get used to, and Achille initially hated the feeling of it in his ear, refusing to wear it and going so far as to hide from Lis or Gen whenever they tried putting it on his ear in the mornings.

But, gradually, and with time, Achille's memories of his biological parents became less and less vivid in his mind, and he eventually came to accept that, while Lis and Gen would love nothing more for him to be able to see his real parents again, he couldn't. He also eventually got used to wearing his hearing aid, although it later became a bit of an insecurity, as his peers often made fun of the device and his partial deafness. When he got older and was better able to understand and process the heaviness of his situation- the accident, his parents' deaths-- Achille was grateful that Lisette and Genevieve had had the generosity and the patience to take him in and raise them as their own. It couldn't have been easy, those first few months of frustrated tantrums where Achille would yell in French that he wanted his real mother, and that the two women had stolen him from his parents, or had hidden his parents somewhere in some twisted game of hide-and-seek. No, it definitely was not easy. Especially when Achille was full of surprises along the way. Just when things had sort of calmed down, and Lis and Gen had the nerve to believe that they now finally understood their son after several long and hard months, he surprised them by being a wizard.

Achille was 7 years old when it happened, playing a game of Operation with Genevieve in between lessons for homeschooling, and he was having difficulty getting the tiny game pieces out of the equally tiny holes in the game board without the buzzer sounding obnoxiously. Frustrated, Achille threw down the tweezers and let out a groan, beating his fists down onto the carpeted floor beside him. When he did so, each remaining game piece in the board shot up and out of the holes and straight up towards the ceiling. They hovered just above Gen and Achille's heads for a few moments-- both mother and son gaping in awe at what had happened-- before falling promptly down to the carpet. Genevieve immediately called Lisette into the room, unsure of what she had just witnessed. When she recounted what had just happened, Lisette stared back at her wife in disbelief.

"C'est impossible, vous décrivez la magie... La magie n'est pas réelle." (That's impossible, you're describing magic... magic isn't real.) The two women looked over to their son, who, unperturbed, had resorted to collecting the game pieces off of the floor. Completely unaffected and too young to disbelieve what he'd just done, Achille looked up at Lis with a cheeky smile. The woman, slightly frazzled, only ruffled the child's hair before leaving the room. Genevieve watched her wife go before sitting back down with Achille, still processing everything herself.

Some time later, Lisette reached out to her sister, Amélie, with whom she had not really spoken to in the better part of a few years. According to their brother, Claude (Lis's source of all information regarding her immediate family, as she'd been more-or-less disowned as a result of eloping with Genevieve), Amélie's husband, Sebastian, was an attorney for some mystery organization, and most of their children attended a boarding school in Scotland. Not much else was really known about the way Amélie's family lived, no specifics, just handfuls of vague information. This was enough for Genevieve to suggest to Lis that, perhaps, magic was indeed real, and that Amélie could, on the off-chance, know a thing or two about it. It was a long shot, but the two women (especially Genevieve) wanted to form an understanding about their son. After some e-mails back and forth, Amélie disclosed to Lis that, yes, her husband and children were wizards -- not 'magicians' as Lis had deemed them when asking about them -- and that the boarding school they attended was specifically for magic. She said how Sebastian had initially described how Hogwarts isn't the only school of its kind, and how there were several others around the world, with Beauxbatons being the closest to Lis and Gen's household in Lille. It was a lot to take in, but by the time Achille received his acceptance letter in the mail a few years later, they had come to terms with their son's apparent wizarding status.

QROW BEITHIR >>>>>>>
|𝓡𝓱𝔂𝓼 | ᴀᴄʜɪʟʟᴇ |