Let's Chat!
@Denise Yarbrough yes - it's not really a team captain like there is in Quidditch, necessarily, but essentially the four of you on a team will strategize together and come up with a strategy, and then one of you needs to owl it to me before the deadline. If you lot want to "elect" a team captain amongst yourselves to send it to me, that's fine, but it doesn't have to be the same person every round sending it to me! So long as I get the strategy you all came up with before the deadline, all is well.Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 19:32I assume it's like normal sports, so yes? That might be more of an Aulis question for confirmationDenise Yarbrough wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 19:21 Hey everyone, I don't know if I'm allowed to ask questions here, but I'm currently participating in the Ice Hockey event and am just so confused on all the moves. So in the thread, we write on how we feel, and then our captain (my team already choose) will send actions?
Like, so each side sends in actions per position or what? I'm just so confused in general.![]()
@Aulis Vorozheykin
--
I dont use pinterest :pensive;
Let's Chat!
I think I understand that part. I'm new to the entire Qudditch/Ice Hockey hybrid system so I'm still grasping everything.Aulis Vorozheykin wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 19:56@Denise Yarbrough yes - it's not really a team captain like there is in Quidditch, necessarily, but essentially the four of you on a team will strategize together and come up with a strategy, and then one of you needs to owl it to me before the deadline. If you lot want to "elect" a team captain amongst yourselves to send it to me, that's fine, but it doesn't have to be the same person every round sending it to me! So long as I get the strategy you all came up with before the deadline, all is well.Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 19:32I assume it's like normal sports, so yes? That might be more of an Aulis question for confirmationDenise Yarbrough wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 19:21 Hey everyone, I don't know if I'm allowed to ask questions here, but I'm currently participating in the Ice Hockey event and am just so confused on all the moves. So in the thread, we write on how we feel, and then our captain (my team already choose) will send actions?
Like, so each side sends in actions per position or what? I'm just so confused in general.![]()
@Aulis Vorozheykin
--
I dont use pinterest :pensive;
1. When we post, do we post our individual move as well?
2. So Round 1 is when everyone sends in their moves per player, and that just continues. In the Qudditch System, this continues till the Snitch is caught or the Seekers are unable to play so how will the game end (it was mentioned that the Ice Hockey event resembled the Qudditch System)? Are there just a certain number of rounds?
Let's Chat!
Let me answer these for you. (Folks, you're also welcome to owl me directly with questions about the IMOG in case I don't see them here!)Denise Yarbrough wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 20:21I think I understand that part. I'm new to the entire Qudditch/Ice Hockey hybrid system so I'm still grasping everything.
1. When we post, do we post our individual move as well?
2. So Round 1 is when everyone sends in their moves per player, and that just continues. In the Qudditch System, this continues till the Snitch is caught or the Seekers are unable to play so how will the game end (it was mentioned that the Ice Hockey event resembled the Qudditch System)? Are there just a certain number of rounds?
1. In Quidditch/ice hockey, if you post your individual action when you post your writing, this gives the other team the opportunity to strategize against you because now they know what you're going to do. That's why we suggest that moves be owled as a team to the moderator, so that there isn't any spoiling to the other team what you plan on doing! So I would recommend saying "Action: as strategised" in your actual post, and then sending me the action before the deadline. This is also how the Quidditch and other sports systems usually work on site.
2. There are just three rounds in the Hockey system (to avoid this going on forever and ever)! That means that each team sends in an action list a total of three times, I mod those actions, I post the mod post, and then the teams have another 5 days to post again and send in new actions. The team with the highest number of goals at the end wins, or in case of a tie, the team with the highest sportsmanship points win. (That sportsmanship thing is new, made specifically for Hockey, and doesn't exist in normal Quidditch.)
Let's Chat!
Ok, thank you. I think I'm getting the overall system.Aulis Vorozheykin wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 20:25Let me answer these for you. (Folks, you're also welcome to owl me directly with questions about the IMOG in case I don't see them here!)Denise Yarbrough wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 20:21I think I understand that part. I'm new to the entire Qudditch/Ice Hockey hybrid system so I'm still grasping everything.
1. When we post, do we post our individual move as well?
2. So Round 1 is when everyone sends in their moves per player, and that just continues. In the Qudditch System, this continues till the Snitch is caught or the Seekers are unable to play so how will the game end (it was mentioned that the Ice Hockey event resembled the Qudditch System)? Are there just a certain number of rounds?
1. In Quidditch/ice hockey, if you post your individual action when you post your writing, this gives the other team the opportunity to strategize against you because now they know what you're going to do. That's why we suggest that moves be owled as a team to the moderator, so that there isn't any spoiling to the other team what you plan on doing! So I would recommend saying "Action: as strategised" in your actual post, and then sending me the action before the deadline. This is also how the Quidditch and other sports systems usually work on site.
2. There are just three rounds in the Hockey system (to avoid this going on forever and ever)! That means that each team sends in an action list a total of three times, I mod those actions, I post the mod post, and then the teams have another 5 days to post again and send in new actions. The team with the highest number of goals at the end wins, or in case of a tie, the team with the highest sportsmanship points win. (That sportsmanship thing is new, made specifically for Hockey, and doesn't exist in normal Quidditch.)
Let's Chat!
WAAAA T.T
THE ENDING OF THE JUDGE FROM HELL IS NOT WHAT I WANTEDDD
WHAT DID SHE DECIDE TO DOOO T.T
THE ENDING OF THE JUDGE FROM HELL IS NOT WHAT I WANTEDDD
WHAT DID SHE DECIDE TO DOOO T.T
-Some people feel the rain while others just get wet..
Let's Chat!
Hi! I don't think we've met! Nice to meet you!
Be the change you wish to see |
||
in the world. |
Let's Chat!
What happened? You ok?!!Yexian Wei wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 20:38 WAAAA T.T
THE ENDING OF THE JUDGE FROM HELL IS NOT WHAT I WANTEDDD
WHAT DID SHE DECIDE TO DOOO T.T
Hiiii
Let's Chat!
Nice to meet you too Avery!!!
INPC: Chelsea Mitzchel
"That cloud, what's it called again?"
"That cloud, what's it called again?"
Let's Chat!
Hellooo
"That's crap-puccino" Sta 5 | Eva 6 | Str 2 | Wis 7 | Arc 9 | Acc 6 |
ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴅ ʜᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ’ꜱ