Register
Sign in
19 Sep 2022, 21:46
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to Encyclopedia: Zoe Pearthel
Name of Talent: Parselmouth
Stats: Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 4 | Arcane Power: 5 |Accuracy: 6
(I've changed my stats as requested and the other mod note was also corrected)
Reason:
Zoe always had a special connection to animals in general. Before finding out she was a witch, her mind was made up on being a veterinarian. From a very young age, she played with all sorts of animals, from rabbits, to dogs, to rodents, and to birds. Once, she found a bunny outside her house, who had severely damaged its leg and Zoe carefully brought it inside, but even with her and her family's best efforts, it didn't make it, and she cried for weeks. At five years old, a snake had slithered it's way into her bedroom, and she heard it whisper to her. She was extremely confused, and stared at it's green body till her aunt (her legal guardian) came into her room to call her for dinner, and shrieked. The snake slithered away, muttering something unintelligible. Zoe confessed to her aunt about what she heard, and her aunt, unsurprisingly, didn't believe her. But, Zoe soon forgot about the incident, and wasn't reminded of it, for several years.

She was in school, when it happened again. It was recess, when she was talking to her friend, Marci. An adder snake had made its way into her friends shoe. Marci screamed, and the annoyed snake slithered away from her, towards Zoe. Zoe, giggled, the snake climbing up her leg was very ticklish. Marci, on the other hand continued to scream her lungs out, as teachers ran to try and help. Zoe, on the other hand, didn't see the big deal, especially with the adder telling her how ridiculous everyone else was being. The snake eventually decided that these humans were too loud, and was giving it a headache, and slithered off her leg and escaped outside. Before it left though, it told Zoe it was nice meeting her, and Zoe replied that it was mutual.

The latest incident was undoubtedly the strangest. It was a sunny late morning, at Clifford's Zoo. Her school had taken her class out for a field trip, and Zoe was beyond excited. Most of the enclosures went completely normal, the bears, the jelly fish, the deer and even the intimidating lion. It was when they got to the snake enclosure, was when things went wrong. The enclosure had 6 snakes, three eastern diamondback rattlesnakes and three anacondas. Zoe pushed into the crowd of rowdy 5th graders and made her way in front of the enclosures. Immediately, all 6 snakes lunged forward towards her, as the children around her flinched. Zoe, on the other hand was having a wholesome conversation with a green anaconda. The other snakes started to fight for her attention, by slamming their upper bodies onto the glass. It's important to note that most of these snakes are about 5 - 6 feet in size. It is also important to note that Clifford's Zoo isn't the most expensive establishment. As the glass shatters, chaos breaks out. The snakes slither out onto the floor, and thank Zoe which she responds with a no problem.

She finds out later that her father, who she had never met, is also a Parselmouth, and the rare talent is probably from him.
Word Count: 596

Mod edit:
Stats are too high
A ball python is not native to England, thankfully.
Last edited by Zoe Pearthel on 12 Oct 2022, 19:40, edited 6 times in total.

Don't dream your life, live your dream
20 Sep 2022, 10:52
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Evangeline Chrysler - First Year, Hufflepuff
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Fearless
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Perhaps it was because fear had never been introduced to her that she was this way. Whether this characteristic would grow to become something useful or be a thorn in her side, Evangeline had never really felt afraid.

An incident involving this character of hers happened when she was but a child, only 5 years of age. The little girl had clambered up upon her father's desk and from there, clung onto the bookshelf ladder with clenched fists. Somehow, the monkey of a girl had found her way up onto the highest rung of the ladder, which was dangerously well above the ground. The housekeeper, Marta, nearly fainted at the sight of such a precarious situation but stood below the child, crying for her to come down. Evangeline simply stared at the familiar face for a brief moment, then burst into a bubbly laugh. With the help of Mr. Chrysler himself, Marta was able to get her back into the safety of her arms, cradling her with trembling hands.

Another time, an 8 year old Evangeline had been spending a breezy afternoon in the garden with Lottie, her governess and dear friend. They had been reviewing some of her sciences and due to the young girl's stubborn desire, they were conducting the lesson outside. While Evangeline was being tutored, the gardener was pruning the foliage; a delicate process. He had a noticeably sluggish movement, and as they soon found out, the elderly man was suffering from heart problems. Lottie shrieked in alarm when the old man collapsed on the grass near them, and she rushed to his side with Evangeline trailing behind. The governess was visibly panicking and the man was convulsing with pain. Instead of fear or anxiety distilled in her heart, the young girl remained calm and briskly ran for help.

I believe this quality is very fitting for Evangeline, as her parents are both very strict. They would never show expressions of fear, nor condone it. Her parents are intimidating people, and living with them, she has learned that things that cause fear always have a loophole. It has trained her to shut her fear off with pure willpower, and she cannot succumb to fear. At the very least, I think she was born with the determination to be fearless. When faced with a situation that would typically trigger someone to either freeze, flee, or fight, Evangeline would definitely be completely focused on how to overcome the situation rather than be paralyzed with fear.

Word count: 417/400
Student not yet in Index. Trunk was locked

stamina • 5 // evasion • 7 // strength • 4 // wisdom • 7 // arcpower • 5 // accuracy • 7 // ency // #4d8581
21 Sep 2022, 05:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: bla

Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Cat's Grace

Describe why this fits your character (word count 428):

Isadora is the type to blend into the background. Her childhood was very lonely, on an isolated few acres of land outside of London. The only people she interacted with were her Grandmother, Grandfather, Uncle Harris and cousin Bradley. Because of this, she made do with the situation and found ways to entertain herself on her own. And as she grew older, she became less and less comfortable in social situations.

For example, the elite social gatherings of family friends she had to attend were rather hellish for her. She never knew what to say to anyone, and most kids who were her age were friends with Bradley and joined him in teasing her. They made fun of her old-fashioned clothes as well as her stiffness and awkwardness. She'd tried to strike up conversation once on the mortuary business her Uncle runs, a topic she finds very interesting, and ended up being branded as creepy and gross by the other children. On top of all of that, she has the secret of her half-blood status weighing down on her. She was afraid of acting out of place at one of these parties and being found out, so she perfected her ability to slip away unnoticed.

Not only did this come in handy at parties, but at home. If Dora could remain invisible, her grandmother wouldn't scold her so often. Most days, after finishing up her lessons, she snuck outside to the mortuary [Mod edit: you won't just get into one of those] or graveyard, evading her grandmother's watchful eye. And when she met Epitaph, the graveyard stray cat, she found someone to emulate. Epi always had a curious habit of disappearing and reappearing in the strangest places. Dora took this as inspiration for her own stealth, moving Epi did until she could also slink away silently. She became so good at it, in fact, that she's no longer scared of getting caught when she sneaks food out to her feline friend everyday.

Of course, Dora could never remain invisible forever. Eventually her grandmother would summon her and she would have to come. But for the times when no one needs her, this ability has been invaluable in avoiding conflict. But at a place as crowded as Hogwarts, will she be able to stay hidden? Dora, ever the socially anxious girl, feels she would have the best experience if she could get through these seven years without incident. Yes, a part of her is very lonely. The part that wishes for a friend. But she's learned that she's safer if she's unknown, so that's what she plans to be.

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT:

Stamina: 7
Evasion: 7
Strength: 3
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 4
Accuracy: 6

21 Sep 2022, 05:34
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: 13. Calming Presence
Describe why this fits your character: (Word Count: 430)
Aspen Chestnut is a kind, carefree, and loyal boy. He is already known for being the source of comfort to those he calls friends, and his encouragement often lifts others up and helps them strive to do their best. He places trust into those he believes in.
Aspen has always been the type of person who could put others at ease, whether it was cheering them up with a joke or a smile, or whether he gave them a few simple words of advice that gave them just the right push. He cares deeply about people and tends to look at things in a "glass half full" kind of way, rather than a glass half empty way. Aspen would certainly be the "embodiment" of Calming Presence.
He was not always sure this was an ability that he'd possessed; he assumed it came with having a personality like his. Growing up the way he did, he was taught on one basic principle " treat others the way you'd want to be treated.
Aspen's first instance of a calming presence was during an animal giving birth to a calf, the animal was stressed about having the baby, but Aspen went over to her and pet her neck in a gentle, soothing manner, and the animal ceased her outbursts. (This is the cow he as a stuffed animal of, Poppy. She's kind of his best friend.)
Another instance is when one of his friends had been having a rough day at school, not Hogwarts, and no one could console them, not even the teachers who had given up at that point. Aspen had simply walked up to them, sat next to them, and gave them a consoling hug that seemed to calm their emotions.
He appears to be a rather relaxed, generally calm-looking person, always with a soft smile on his face. His hugs are tight and comforting and his touches soothing and gentle. He is good at making people feel at ease.
Also, when his parents first received word from someone in the magical world, that their son was a wizard, he managed to calm both of them down after they'd learnt that their only son would be sent away to attend a school where they wouldn't be able to drop in and visit. He had simply assured them in that ever-soft tone of his, that he would be fine, and that this was a (probably) rare opportunity that he wanted to take. They seemed fine with it after that, and one of his fathers even went with him to Diagon Alley.

Stamina: 6
Evasion: 5
Strength: 7
Wisdom: 4
Arcane Power: 9
Accuracy: 4

Student not yet in Index. Trunk was locked
22 Sep 2022, 16:05
Here’s the link to my encyclopedia thread.
Name of Ability: Fearless
Why this ability fits my character:
Reducio
Fear is an emotion experienced by many people, but there are a few exceptions, and one of them is me. You see, I never felt fear. Alright, that last statement was a lie, I did feel fear every once in a while, but most of the time, I didn’t. You see, while some people had nightmares, I had never experienced one. I had a bad dream once or twice, but it was just that. Bad, not scary. While some people were scared of the dark, I wasn’t and I actually liked to talk to myself in the dark. Whilst some people were scared when they watched an horror movie, to me it was just a normal movie. I mean, sure, I got the occasional jump scare if I wasn’t expecting it but that didn’t happen very often. Whilst some people were scared of insects, I wasn’t. Not until I got bitten by an ant anyways from which point I tried to stay away from most of them. In fact, if someone asked me what my biggest fear was, I’d only be able to come up doing something for the first time. And even then, such instances of me being very nervous slash scared during the first time of me doing something only happened three times in my life so it was pretty rare.

The first instance of this happening was the first time I went to school. I was so nervous during the day that I couldn’t find the courage to ask the teacher where the bathroom was or whether or not I could use it (the teacher hadn’t given us a tour of the school yet), so I just peed right onto the carpet. That incident only made bumpy day worse, but by the next week, I had already adjusted to the school like nothing ever happened. The second instance of this was about a year later when my parents and I were out boating on a lake. We stopped to jump out of the boat and swim a few times and the first time I did it (with a life jacket on of course) I got a bit scared. Now I wasn’t scared of jumping into the water itself, I was only became scared when I started struggling to breathe once I resurfaced, gulping water every few seconds. Thankfully, my dad swam over and helped me so that I wasn’t struggling any more, and then he did his best to teach me how to swim with the life jacket one and while it was still a bit hard to swim after he left, at least I wasn’t letting water into my mouth every few seconds.

And finally, the third instance of this happening. It is actually this instance because of which I consider doing something for the first time you greatest fear. You see, going up on that stage, I was pretty nervous, scared even. Nervous because of all of the people watching the duel, snd scared because I was facing two opponents who were way above by year. Of course, I tried to play it off by acting as my usual cheery self, and while that might’ve worked before the duel started, it didn’t take away the fear that I had on the stage. And too bad for me because the first spell I cast, Flipendo, failed. Well, really I just suppressed it since it was about to backfire on me, something I had never managed to do before during practice, but the spell still failed. Why? Because despite the many hours that I put into practicing this spell, I got distracted when I saw Aurelia’s spell change directions and head for me instead of my partner Logan, and in my attempt to dodge the spell, I failed to cast my own. I still got hit by the Incendio that Regina cast by the way and sometimes, I look back on this day and ask myself why I hadn’t just completed casting my spell, gotten hit by Aurelia’s, and tried to dodge Regina’s? It would definitely have saved me from the pain that came later, but since that was in the past, I couldn’t change it.

Well after that first round, I wasn’t as scared or nervous as I was during the first round of the duel. Alright, I was a little nervous, seeing as I was getting prepared to be knocked out during this round, but with everything that was going on around me, including the pain in my chest, I had somehow decided to cast the Curse of Boogies on Regina. Why? I had only cast that spell in class before, and even thoughI was good enough at it, I was nowhere near as good at casting it as I was with the Knockback Jinx. Perhaps I had thought that I would fail to cast Flipendo again, or perhaps I just wasn’t thinking straight due to the pain, but either way, I cast the Curse of Boogies which for some reason redirected from Regina to Logan who had managed to dodge it. Why did the spell redirect itself? I don’t know, but my best guess would be because I couldn’t concentrate properly due to the pain I was feeling, and therefore, somehow messed up the spell. But at least I had managed to land my second curse during the third round of the duel before being knocked out and sent to the hospital wing, so at least I could concentrate enough to cast that spell properly. So as you can see here, I wasn’t exactly scared of anything, aside from doing something for the first time, something which only happened three time in total.

23 Sep 2022, 04:57
Link to Encyclopedia: Raelynn Lakes
Name of Abilities/Skills:
Prodigal Potions Master
Reason
(Her biggest skill)
Stats: Total:35 Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 7 | Strength: 1 | Wisdom: 6 | ArcPower: 8 | Accuracy: 7
Describe why it Fits my Character: Potions Master
Reducio
This is the one thing she has been reading about along with mythical creatures since she was able to read at age 6. This however although not her favorite talent/skill it is her favorite. Where her older brothers focused on sports, her sisters on beauty and other things. And her other brother focused on teaching others what he read about. She kept to herself. Although close to her brother Ryan, whose dream it is to become a teacher. This was one of the things that was all her own. Her special talent. She has always been interested in potions and read all she could about them. Not only reading them but often found some books actually say how to do it but they don't really tell you how to do it.

She was also very excited when her family would take her on trips to places around the world. She would always make sure to get samples of things for potions that she couldn't get back at home. She was always very careful about this and stuck to mostly plants in her youth. She could always seem to sense where an ingredient was and loved to see if it would work out. Of course, she didn't start trying more difficult potions till she was about age 9. This was when she discovered her other talent which made things easier when it came to collecting things from mythical creatures. And magical creatures. She would spend hours reading about potions even started trying to make some that she discased as homemade remedies for friends when it came to colds and things like that. Although they were not wizarding potions, they still involved gathering ingredients which is one of her favorite things to do. Then mixing them which although a bit harder was also fun for her.

She finds it relaxing to go out somewhere in the forest or along a river or swamp just collecting things that could be used for potions for people and for the wizarding world. She hopes to someday make her best potion, yet which is meant to bring out a person's hidden talent. Although this potion she wants to invent does not instantly teach them their talent it will make studdle hints more noticeable to the person and if they get stuck remind them what their talent is. It isn't meant to do all the hard work for them.

Word count: 403
Student not yet in Index. Trunk was locked.
Last edited by Raelynn Ivy Lakes on 7 Oct 2022, 01:48, edited 3 times in total.
23 Sep 2022, 10:58
Alora J. Graves wrote: 26 Aug 2022, 21:13
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Alora J. Graves' Encyclopedia
Name of Ability Applying for: Cat's Grace
Cat's Grace: If It Fits It Sits
Describe why this fits your character :
Reducio
Alora is a short individual, and heights have been the bane of her existence for all of her life really. As such, she’s had to find other means to achieve her ends. From climbing to jumping, she’s learned to get where she needs to be by any means necessary. As the youngest of six siblings, she's learned rather quickly that there are times when being quiet is in her best interest. Especially if she's got something worth their attention, like a snack or chocolates. It doesn't help that her mother seems to have eyes on the back of her head when it comes to crisps and their whereabouts, she’s learned to be quiet as a mouse when reaching for those, which seem to be placed higher and higher out of her reach.

From climbing counters to reach illicit food items hidden in the higher parts of cabinets to eavesdropping on her older siblings, Alora has a great deal of experience when it comes to living in the shadows. In fact, she's learned early on that being quiet and subtracting herself from gazes allows her to gain information and apply it at a later date. If she hadn't heard about Nadia's plans to sneak out one night, she wouldn't have gotten to play on the switch for a few hours, and she wouldn't have known if she hadn't learned to be extremely quiet in her motions. It helps that she's extremely light. Though she can easily eat her weight in fatty foods, Alora doesn't seem to gain a single pound. Some of her siblings have threatened to put a bell around her neck if she doesn't make her presence known - especially when she uses it to get something out of them. It's the least she can do when they ruthlessly leave nothing behind or leave her with hand-me-downs. A girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Though she's never been physically struck, she has rough housed with her siblings. Fear has always been a great motivator for certain responses, and this is certainly one of those. Being quiet and graceful wasn't always the case for Alora, it's something she practiced. She was merely lucky her physical disposition made it easier for her to achieve it as quickly as she did. By four she was a master of walking in the shadows be it for a glass of water in the moonlight to not offend her mother by not sleeping through the night, or to not be accused by a sibling of bothering them in their tight quarters. Growing up she shared her bedroom with two of her siblings as long as she could remember and waking either of them lead to drama.
455 words
Mod note: your character plays the switch but lives in a magical household, from what I understand. This wouldn't be possible. Please edit your application accordingly or leave a note if I misunderstood.
I apologize if I was unclear, my character has a magical brother in a mainly muggle household. Their mother is a squib and thus excluded from the magical world. She is a half-blood but her household is about as magical as Vernon Dursley.
Mod edit: Ability was approved in original post.

STA 8 • EVA 8 • STR 4 • WIS 6 • ARC 6 • ACC 8
#219a82 | C A T 'S G R A C E + Muggle Condition
26 Sep 2022, 02:20
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Ency
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Fearless
One might say the wish to be confident in everything, unafraid of consequences of their actions or other measly things in life that elicit the adrenaline rush of despair and fright. To say Tyranni was without fear would be a lie. Everyone fears something. The real truth of being fearless is deeper than the superficial emotions and expressions that play upon a face like a bad poker player. Her true fears were imprisoned deeply within her, festering like an insidious virus waiting for their time to shine. One would not know this looking at the young girl. Only 14 years old, she had already been subjected to so much. A fledgling at Hogwarts, she was part of the Slytherin dorm attack where she was bitten by spider of darkness, leaving her with a toxin that festered in her vessels, unknowing if there was a cure. When the ball inevitably fell apart, she did not flee in fear but instead faced the monsters tormenting the school, both monster and human. No, one would not look at the fourth year Slytherin and thing she was meek, timid, or fearful. The truth was no one knew the reason for her fearlessness, and she would not just let anyone access the dark truth.

Having been raised by a strong woman, witness to her mothers acts as a healer and seer, Tyr was not naïve to the trances that befell her mother during a vision, nor was she ignorant of the diseases that can afflict the mind and body. Despite her many exposures as an assistant to her mother during many visits to the sick, the young girl never expected to witness evil befall her own mother. Over summer break after Year 1 at Hogwarts, Tyranni was in her room curled up in bed with her niffler and a book. The shattering of glass startled her from the vision of a mundane muggle life that the book fabricated. Racing from her room to the kitchen, she found her mother slumped over the sink, glass surrounding her feet. "Ma!" She raced to her side. Glancing into her mothers eyes, she could tell that this was no vision afflicting her. Despite having witnessed many medical events by her mothers side, her ability to harness any basic knowledge had fled her mind. The rest of the events were a blur. Her mother was admitted to a local wizarding hospital. In the quiet of the house, her father held her close and told her the truth of her mothers medical anomaly and how they had almost lost her, but despite shutting out the memory of that nights event, Tyranni's actions in summoning medical help so quickly helped to save Avela. Having faced the near death of her mother, the young girl truly realized just how fragile life was. To go through that life with constant fear would be the path of many, but how could she fear mundane things such as what wandered the halls of Hogwarts hiding around every corner when she had faced one of her worst fears, the near loss of a parent.

WC: 518

27 Sep 2022, 20:46
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Voilà!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Evasive Maneuvers
Describe why this fits your character:

Ever since his first day at Hogwarts, Colin has loved to play games in the corridors, back then they were mostly with his brother, Liam, but now he plays alone most times. Nothing fancy, really, just simple games like running fast and avoiding collisions by darting out of people's ways at the last second! This was fun when he was still a pip squeak first year and could easily dodge under the much taller six and seventh years as they held hand or walked with satchels slung at their sides. Now that he's getting tall, the game largely involves scooting in close, making a silly face while avoiding running into his target and then dashing off again!

He discovered around Christmas time last year that the soles of shoes often slid somewhat on the flagstones and smooth wood floors of the castle whereas his bare feet had a much better grip. At home he rarely wore shoes, and that was because he and his siblings were outside much of the time. Even here at Hogwarts, once he got out into the courtyard, one shoe after the other would more often than not be kicked aside, only to be collected an hour or two later after he'd run around and played out on the grounds.

And it was around that time that he rediscovered how much easier evasion was if he simply ditched the slightly slippery shoes! And so it was Colin began to go barefoot on a regular basis. He was aware of a couple other students who did the same, but never really connected with anyone about it until second year. Now Colin considers his games of evasion are much more fun! He's able to get in much closer and with surer footing can dance away from danger more easily! Especially when that danger comprises a group of seventh years chatting in the corridor and Colin decides to squeeze through the middle of their group, his excited voice calling out: "Wotcha lads! Comin through now!"

Far more often than not, Colin is able to squeeze through without mishap and earning himself the surprised (and sometimes humourous) curses of the older students! His evasive skills are not just matters of fancy foot work. He is also adept at climbing trees and generally avoiding the disaster of falling out of said trees! He hasn't broken anything worse than his pride. This summer, although not at summer camp itself, Colin was able to demonstrate his skills at evasion during the great Slytherin vs Ravenclaw broom race. He was extremely excited to join the team and profoundly grateful when Captain Winters presented him with a broom to fly, a Silver Arrow at that!

The course was far more difficult than the corridors of Hogwarts, which is to be expected of a broom race. Even so, Colin managed to evade any major mishap on the course. He so enjoyed being hit with bundimun acid and getting tangled momentarily in vines and being hit by rocks; but he didn't smack into any trees, impale himself, become hopelessly ensnared, get knocked off his broom, fall unconscious or die!

W/C = 522

STATS if needed: Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 6

NOTE: There is a concurrent encyclopedia update for new spells acquired. The following code update is identical.

Updated Trunk Code (complies with Prof Iwasaki's Clarification):

Reducio
Colin's Trunk

Race: Werewolf 🐺

Abilities:
Werewolf Skills 🐺 | Evasive Maneuvers | ---3--- | ---4--- | ---5--- | ---6--- | ---7---
Stats:
Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 6
Spells known:
Curses:
Mucus ad Nauseam • Curse of the Bogeys
Slugulus Erecto Slug • Vomiting Curse
Hexes:
Lubricus • Slippery Jinx
Steleus • Sneezing Hex
Charms:
Alohomora • Unlocking Charm
Bullarum Immortalem • Bubble Making Charm
Colloportus • Locking Charm
Condimentum • Sauce Making Spell
Diffindo • Severing Charm
Extinguo • Extinguishing Charm
Finite Incantatem • Spell Stopping Charm
Flipendo • Knockback Jinx
Fumos • Smokescreen Spell
Imobulus • Freezing Charm
Incendio • Fire Making Spell
Incendio Duo • Green Fire Charm
Lumos • Wand Lighting Charm
Nix Facitur • Snowflake Creating Spell
Nox • Wand Extinguishing Charm
Oculus Reparo • Eyeglass Mending Charm
Pack • Packing Charm
Periculum • Red Sparks Charm
Pluvia Velo • Umbrella Spell
Point Me • Four-point Spell
Reparifarge • Untransfiguration
Reparo • Mending Charm
Rictusempra • Tickling Charm
Scourgify • Cleaning Charm
Spongify • Softening Charm
Tarantallegra • Dancing Feet Spell
Verdimillious • Green Sparks Charm
Wingardium Leviosa • Levitation Charm

Transfigurations:
Avifors • Small Object to Bird
Cochlea Bibe • Snail to Teapot
Conmutocus • Matchstick to Needle
Flintifors • Matchbox Transformation Spell
Glass to Sand
Tunc Sibilus • Whistle to Watch
Potions known:
Antidote to Common Poisons
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons
Babbling Beverage
Bruise Removal Paste
Burn Healing Paste
Confusing Concoction
Cure for Boils
Dizziness Draught
Dogbreath Potion
Drowsiness Draught
Forgetfulness Potion
Herbicide Potion
Muffling Draught
Pompion Potion
Sleeping Draught

Last edited by Colin McCoire on 10 Oct 2022, 23:02, edited 4 times in total.

Wolf and Raven dance together, by the river in the heather;
under Moon and under star, Wolf and Raven wander far!
28 Sep 2022, 20:44
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Click here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Parselmouth
Reducio
Sirin had always been different. She was the quiet kid, the kid who many thought would be whispering or chanting strange ritualistic things at the back of the class. Of course, none of that was true. However, Sirin was definitely "different" from her muggle classmates to some extent. Not just because she was a witch, but for many other reasons. Her eyes gave off a piercing gaze that could make others question whether they were seeing a young girl or a cold, aloof person. Many people would describe their first impression of her as a sly, cunning, clever looking person. Sirin, however, was a completely different person. She was warm and bubbly, and had a huge soft spot for animals. She loved cats, dogs, rodents, any living creature earned her love and respect. Many comment that when Sirin comes over, if there is a pet around, Sirin will spend the entire duration of the visit cooing and admiring the creature. However, Sirin's favorites were, and always will be, snakes and cats. She would see many people express disgust when faced with snakes or any reptile for that matter, Sirin, however, embraced and accepted these creatures. When others maintained their distance from living animals, Sirin was perfectly comfortable with up-close encounters. She would often be viewed as an eccentric for loving to cuddle and even talk to snakes. After her mother's death, Sirin would visit the zoo more often than before. She'd walk straight to the reptile house. Many visitors who happened to be there would witness a rather strange sight: a little girl sitting in front of the glass separating her and the snake, and whispering something under her breath. What exactly was she doing? She was spilling her woes and pains out, right in front of the snake. She would "speak" to it, even though the snake couldn't understand her and nor could she. All she wanted at that time was someone to talk to, and she turned to a snake to support her through the rough times. Even the zoo keeper would often remark that this strange little girl would be found everywhere in the zoo, talking to animals. Perhaps her classmate's theories of her being eccentric were not completely wrong. Sirin never cared about those kids, she didn't care about their opinions. All she wanted was to enjoy herself and be with her reptile friends. Sirin's dream was to have a snake or cat friend of her own: someone to accompany her throughout her Hogwarts journey. She wanted someone, or something, to comfort her, to keep her company, to be with her so she wouldn't have to feel weak again. Ever since her mother's death, Sirin was never the same, and felt constant pain and anguish. The pain of loss is what caused her to be so eccentric in the first place, and she wanted to alleviate that pain. She didn't want to feel that pain again. Her soul lived with the animals, and spoke an unknown language with them, she resonated with these critters. This is who Sirin is-the eccentric, the animal lover.
WC: 508
IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT: Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
Reducio
STAMINA: 5
EVASION: 5
STRENGTH: 7
WISDOM: 8
ARCANE POWER: 1
ACCURACY: 4

Mod Edit: You have to adjust your stats now. It is written as such in the rules. The stats will be approved with the ability.

Approved, Opeila

Adjusted
Last edited by Sirin Liu on 15 Oct 2022, 18:21, edited 5 times in total.

"from dust we are born and from dust I will return the both of us, Sirin"
-Welt Yang, Honkai Impact second eruption