Register
Sign in
10 Nov 2021, 13:55
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to Your Encyclopedia Thread: Pea Elena Fowl
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Part-Veela
Describe Why This Fits Your Character :
What is beauty? ..is it elegance? charm? gracefulness? or is it kindness? patience? sweetness? She never truly understand it, but somehow that title seemed to have always been given to her. Even after the 10th years of her life, she has never been able to explain how she got that title in the first place. ..Beauty, It was always like she was born with it. Skin that glowed in the sunlight, hair so smooth and white, perfectly placed against her shoulders and back. Every part of her face looked like it was measured into perfection. She was grateful of course, well more like proud of it. Although sometimes, she wonders whether it was a curse or was it a blessing.

Until, one late afternoon, just several hours before her 11th birthday, her aunt came into her room with something in her hand. "I have something for you.." she said with a slight quiver in her voice. "It's a little early for my present isn't it?" Pea answered, but of course, she would not refuse a gift. Pea started walking towards her aunt,

"this- this is not a present darling," her aunt said, "its.. answers." then she gave her an envelope, it was just a regular envelope but there's one thing that caught Pea's eyes, written in black ink in front of the envelope that says 'Corbin Fowl'. "...Father" Pea whispered, like it was hard for her to say that word. Then Pea took the letter, and opened it.
To my dearest sweet Pea,

Happy 11th birthday my love. I know I haven't been present for most of your birthdays, and from the bottom of my heart, I am truly sorry. I know you might loathe me, and it was for the right reason. But I'm writing this letter not to ask for your forgiveness. I'm here to tell you something I should have told you from the beginning.

You know that your mother was a witch, and so am I, but I'm not just a mere wizard. You see my mother, your grandmother, was a Veela. She was beautiful and charming just like you, but she hates that part of her because her family uses their ability for.. awful things. So then she married a wizard, a pureblood wizard just like your mother, and she has 2 baby boys, 1 born as a normal wizard, 1 inherited some of her power. And I was the one who inherited it, and that makes me a half Veela.

I know this is a lot to process for your 11th birthday, and you might not even know what a Veela is, but it is the truth, and this is the truth that separates your mother and me, and it was all because I kept this truth secret for a really long time and I have come to realize that I didn't want to keep this secret from you too. You deserve to know what you truly are, my sweet Pea. I'm sure you know what this letter meant, you, my darling are part Veela.
"I'm... part Veela?" Pea looked up before even she finished her letter. But her aunt just stays silents. "I'm part Veela!?" Pea says it again with anger in her voice. Of course, she knows what a Veela is, she read it in her uncle's books, or even in wizard children's books. They were beautiful ladies, that can turn into bird-like creatures when they're angry. Angry, just like she is right now, is she going to turn into one of those bird monsters? but just like her aunt could read her mind, she said "You're still you, a beautiful and talented witch, and you certainly are not-" But Pea get up and crush that letter in her hand before her aunt finished her sentence. Pea didn't look angry, on contrary, she looked calm. But her eyes looked so fierce that they could probably shred anybody into pieces from direct contact with it. "So that is why they abandoned me, because I'm part Veela?" Her aunt opened her mouth but close it again. "Then, I'm going to be twice the wizard they never were."

WC : 693

Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
Wisdom 5 ✮ Accuracy 5 ✮ Evasion 6 ✮ Strength 4 ✮ Stamina 5 ✮ Arcane Power 5
STATUS: Approved but do note that Veela genes would not skip someone. Both children will inherit the typical Veela beauty, not just one.

I'm glad you stopped talking to me. It's like the trash took itself out. - Black Dahlia (2006)
13 Nov 2021, 08:55
Link to your encyclopedia thread: [link]
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Sixth Sense
Describe why this fits your character:

Reducio

✴ Overview:
Eliphas has always been a rather astute individual. Ever since being a child in nursery he's seemingly had a knack for picking up on changes in his environment, and in the mannerisms of others. It has led him to becoming a rather empathetic individual, or as some might call it "sensitive".

He can sense when something around him has changed, though he isn't always aware of the how or why of it which can lead him to feeling rather overwhelmed or overstimulated as a result. He has also been known for sensing when someone is upset, or has a change in emotions, even when they have done their best to not let it show, and is the first to pick up on when he's done or said something wrong. This has led to him being quick to correct his mistakes, and even go out of his way to avoid or cover them up as much as possible.

Initially all of this could readily be explained away as Eli simply being more aware of his surroundings than others, and paying attention to the needs and moods of his peers. However, since coming to Hogwarts this has definitely begun to intensify especially since the start of his more magic-oriented classes. No longer what could be brushed aside as mere muggle-level observations, lately it's begun to feel more like an innate sense - a deep rooted feeling that something is off, or that something has changed, almost like static in the air. It's enough to get him looking around, and he's often quick to find the cause soon after.

Though this ability to sense changes and out of place things can be a little distracting at times, with Eliphas often unable to stop himself from seeking the cause and/or answers, he does enjoy the sense of adventure it can bring, the mystery of figuring out what it is that's been moved, and why. Or who is watching him, and from where. He is also more considerate of the feelings of others.

✴ Spies From The Shadows:
The library had been surprisingly quiet since he'd first stepped foot inside some thirty minutes prior. With countless bookshelves filled to the brim with all manner of material ripe for reading, it had taken Eliphas a while to settle on any one in particular. Hefty old tomes, leather bound and pages yellowed, they were quite a change from the paperbacks he was more used to handling back home.

All the same, he'd finally made his choice and now he sat in a quiet nook between two towering shelves carefully flipping through the pages of some old astronomy book. Eli didn't have much experience with the stars, and yet since coming to Hogwarts he'd begun to develop a deep appreciation for them.

Perhaps it was an effect of the night sky which was projected onto the ceiling of his dormitory each evening. As one of the boys who had chosen the top bunk, he often fell asleep admiring them and seeking out what limited constellations he'd started to learn so far. Not many, truthfully only the Big Dipper was something he could really point out. That hadn't stopped him from trying, though.

Lost within a particular page about Arcturus, of the Boötes Constellation, Eliphas did not immediately pick up on the sensation of static in the air, nor the hairs standing to attention on the back of his neck. It took him rereading the same sentence four times over to realize something was amiss. He closed the dusty old tome over his thumb, and looked up and around the nook curiously. His feet, hanging a few inches from the ground, swung back and forth languidly as he sought to soothe the light feeling of unease which had begun to form in his stomach.

It was then that he spied her, a girl peeking through the shelves at him. In her hand a book she'd removed from its perch, upon her face a look of embarrassment at being caught snooping. Almost immediately the tension in his core began to release, leading him to sigh in relief. A smile formed upon his lips, and he slid out of his chair and approached her on his side of the bookcase.

"What are you reading?" he asked, still sensing her alarm and shame and hoping to lessen it some with shift in conversation. Not that there'd been any verbal communication between them before now. It took a few moments for her expression to soften in relief also. She turned the book toward him, though he could only barely make out the cover with so much clutter between them.

"You can sit with me... if you like. As she rounded the bookcase he noted her as being a fellow First Year. Hufflepuff, like his dad. That made his smile broaden, and he made his way back to his seat. She didn't seem like she wanted to talk, so he reopened the book to the page on Arcturus and continued on where he'd left off. The quiet girl, too, seemed content to simply sit and read.

Word Count: 850

STATUS: ApprovedStudent is not yet in Index. Trunk was locked.

The Dust of Stars
Stamina: 5 Evasion: 8 Strength: 2 Wisdom: 9 Arcane Power: 6 Accuracy: 5
I am actively seeking RP partners. Want to write? PM me!
14 Nov 2021, 15:39
encyclopedia link. can be found here

name of ability being applied for. paragon of health

stats.
Reducio
stamina. 8
evasion. 7
strength. 4
wisdom. 10
arcane power. 7
accuracy. 9

describe why this fits your character.
Aly peeled the sticky surface off of the small scrape on her knee, then pressed it back on again, and much to her delight, it stuck. It was like a Permanent Sticking Charm, only a lot less permanent, but still just as useful as when her father used them to hang family photos around the Salinger family home.

Band-aid. That was what she'd heard it called, this small piece of sticky material with some sort of cotton pad in the centre like a normal bandage. The things fascinated her, really- they were far more Muggle than wizard, and Aly's Muggle-born friends seemed to recognize the patch on her knee, asking "What happened?" in concerned voices. Whereas Aly herself... well, if she'd have seen one of these stuck onto the skin of a friend, she'd likely have assumed it was some kind of odd magical bug they'd picked up from the greenhouses during Herbology class and have tried to yank it off.

Lucky, then, that she'd never seen one on a friend.

Enthralled by this sticky substance that so quickly was already helping her Quidditch-practice-broom-mishap scrape heal so quickly, Aly had journeyed to the Hospital Wing and patiently waited by the nurse's desk until he was done with his current patient... and then she had, as politely as possible whilst still practically bouncing up and down from excitement, asked if Nurse Brumby would be so kind as to give her a box of these wonderfully magical sticky bandages.

Much to her delight, and making her day, he had done so, and now the curly-haired Ravenclaw third-year had a box of the things.

She carried them with her everywhere- to her classes, on her long walks around campus picking flowers during her free time (one could never know what kind of danger or injury they would encounter on the Hogwarts grounds nowadays!), to meals in the Great Hall, and, of course, to Quidditch practice, which was probably where they were most needed. After all, the Ravenclaw Quidditch team seemed to have a special talent for injuring themselves even during the most benign of practices.

And the best part? Well, the box of band-aids was about the size of Aly's palm, which meant it could fit in the pocket of her robes while she was on her brand-new Silver Arrow protecting goal-posts high above the pitch.

So, when one day during a particularly grueling practice Quidditch co-captain Sylvain Wyllt took a nasty accidental Bludger hit and tumbled to the ground clutching his ankle, Aly naturally was at his side in moments to help; eyeing her groaning fellow third-year, who had likely sprained the ankle, she pulled the box of band-aids from her robes and carefully peeled the non-sticky backing off of one, then- as gently as possible- pressed the sticky side, with the cotton pad, against the bare skin of Sylvain's injured ankle.

There was no cut, but she didn't know that that was truly what band-aids were meant for; in Aly's mind, these were some crazy Muggle concoction that were as close to magic as Muggles could get. These bandages could heal anything, whether there was a scrape or not.

She gave Syl a bright, cheerful smile. "That ought to help until we can get you to the Hospital Wing, right? That's what I hear, anyway! Did you know, these are called band-aids, and they're quite useful for Muggle Healers... whatever those are called... and..."

Aly helped Sylvain off the field, chattering all the way about these strange inventions as she helped him half-hop, half-stumble off to the Hospital Wing...

Word Count: 598 words
Please note that I had Nurse Brumby's and Sylvain's permissions to use them as I have done in this ability application!
Preferred Coding: Under the final Reducio in the Trunk post in my Ency, under my Keeper's Catch ability! Like so (with the "paragon of health." at font size 110, and the "here" leading in a link to this post):

paragon of health.
found here
Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading this!

I was tame, I was gentle -
ency ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎ 'til the circus life made me mean ‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‎‎‎‎ iNPC
who's afraid of little old me?
14 Nov 2021, 21:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Broken Broomshaft
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): Enrico is not the strongest by any means necessary, nor is he in any way athletic. However, there is a certain oddity around him as stated by the many that he dares to cross. That wherever he goes, whatever he does, chaos seems to erupt. Even in the simplest of things, the boy ends up causing trouble and leaving a trail of mayhem behind him. The majority of people around him cannot help it but find it absurdly frustrating to deal with, but Enrico enjoys the sense of adrenaline it sends through his body. He doesn’t find pleasure in bringing pain to other people - he’s far too sensitive for that - but he does find the idea of laughing at someone looking all silly absolutely alluring.

There have been plenty of occasions in which Enrico, be it intentional or not, showcased his ability to break things when participating in activities that involved rowdiness; most activities he partook in required him to do all things possible to create a perfect recipe for disaster, and even if he was doing something that was much calmer than anything else, then he felt obliged to find a way around it. He had lost count of how many things he had broken back home. Be it from windows to wooden pieces of objects. There had been occasions where he was simply playing a game or two that required the usage of balls, and seeing as he both had a naturally bad aim and an even worse eye-sight, his throws went towards anywhere but where they were supposed to. There was never a solution to it, and if anything, his childish behaviour and nature to cause disruption only drove him to enjoy watching things break, to anger a person or two… or three.

Now that his stay at Hogwarts has made him comfortable enough to further explore the boundaries of the school, Enrico was more than excited to learn about Quidditch and the chaos that it brought with it. He couldn’t begin to imagine what it felt like to be up in the air, on a broom, if anything, flying by numerous other players zooming by like a hurricane. Things got even more interesting when he heard of a rather unique role: He was sold the second he heard something about hitting others off their broom and throwing a rather aggressive ball at them. His talent for breaking things seemed to have finally led him somewhere and he was far more than willing to utilize it.

Thing is, Enrico doesn’t need to aim at anything, if he sees something flying towards him, rest assured that he’ll hit it back with all his might - and the best part is that he’ll find pleasure in it.
Word Count: 457
Stats: Stamina: 10 / Evasion: 9 / Strength: 4 / Wisdom: 2 / Arcane Power: 8 / Accuracy: 2
16 Nov 2021, 07:27
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?t=18710
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Werewolf (Lycanthropy)
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):

Edme Achillean had lived their entire life feeling like some little bit of them was simply wrong.

It wasn't just because of the dark night at the Wilson's Thanksgiving. This was the second foster home after Edme's brother had given in to not being able to take care of her. She couldn't say she wasn't enjoying it, they just didn't really feel a connection to the people she had to call their parents.

The rain had been relentless, and the full moon made it no less frightening, what with the recent attacks around the area from an unidentified pack of werewolves. The Wilson's being a family of wizards had been insistent on making this a night to remember, not only just to distract the kids from the moon. They had been using as much as they could bring to make it feel like a true feast. Edme wasn't impressed.

The happy cheer was only interrupted by the blood curdling howl that shook the house that night. It had shaken up most of the family, and Mr. Wilson insisted on taking a peak outside. Unfortunately, Edme was little and stupid, and hadn't the littlest idea of the actual danger that Werewolves posed on the night of the full moon. So she followed after him like a duck behind its mother.

She had snuck onto the porch, the rain pouring down in buckets. In front of the house was a single werewolves frothing at the mouth and staring wide eyed at Mr. Wilson. From where Edme stood they had a bad view of the werewolf from behind Mr. Wilson, and wanted to see what the entire house had been talking about for the month since the last full moon. She had stepped to the side a bit, closer to the rail, her footsteps masked by the rain. She had gripped onto it and watched as the werewolves attention directed itself to her direction, now staring directly at her. That was when Mr. Wilson looked down and jumped back in a panicked surprise at seeing Edme. This left the steps down from the porch open, and Edme slipped on the wet wood and tumbled down to the ground. Mr. Wilson attempted to get to her, but the werewolf was faster and scared him just in time to bite Edme on the arm. She let out a scream of pain and held her arm close to her chest, it stinging so incredibly bad. The werewolf left without much a second thought, probably thinking it had succeeded in its mission.

Edme was sent to St. Mungo's immediately, but of course it was an irreversible fault, and Edme was left to a new foster home, as the Wilson's couldn't take care of a werewolf correctly.

The first full moon was at the Lewis's. Mrs. Lewis was incredibly caring, feeding Edme as frequently as possible and constantly showing enough sympathy for the new bite. Mr. Lewis tried at the very least. When the sun was beginning to set they had shown Edme to the basement, where a metal door was messed with a bit so as to have multiple locks and a definite difficulty to leave from. It was dark, but Mrs. Lewis had turned on a flickering light and explained that it was the best they could do. They both left about ten minutes later.

There were no windows, so Edme wasn't sure when the change would occur. When it did, Edme was shocked by the strange pain in her back that left her on her hands and knees. It felt like her bones were grinding against each other, growing and shrinking and changing. She had screamed, a bloody, terrified cry. Her spine contorted itself and her entire figure hunched, feet growing and changing. It was only moments later that she couldn't tell which way was which or where she was.

At the end of the full moon, Edme stayed in the basement, barely able to move while she recovered from the pain. Mrs. Lewis had nervously come down, going and picking up Edme, taking her straight to St. Mungo's. Edme was in a cast for the next few weeks. The Lewis's eventually sat her down and told her they didn't have the ability to take care of her, and she was sent off to another house.

This was when foster care became a struggle. Bouncing in and out of homes, searching for one that treated Edme with an ounce of decency. They either locked her in the basement for the full moon, or nearly killed themselves with their carelessness. It was all the same, either way.

It still took her months to recover from the unbearable dread that the night at the Wilson's made her feel. It forced memories of her brother explaining to her that they had a long line of amazing, strong wizards of great ability and power. She had believed that she could be just like that. But after the bite, she felt like she had put a stain on the family name. Would she even make it to Hogwarts? Would anyone ever want to be with her after finding out she was a werewolf? Would she simply just have to end the bloodline here?

One of the foster houses managed to get them in touch with a therapist, and this therapist always said "It's not you that's different, it's just all of them. Like a foreigner on a planet of aliens."

Sure, Tracy. Edme's main problems all lead back to her being the only normal one among these people. No matter what others said to reassure them, what reassurance they gave, Edme fell into the thoughts. The beliefs, the lies. And sooner or later, they caved in. She went into her shell and didn't emerge. Her opinions became agreements, statements became facts. All that made them original made them just another follower. But no matter how hard they tried, that one small feature that always stood the tallest made her step out of line.

Lycanthropy's physical attributes never helped any of this. It felt like she was growing taller, their scents were becoming heightened, like they could smell a person when they entered a room. Everything felt like it was getting bigger, just to make her stand out in a crowd. Soon they had to lean down to get into cars, and could touch a door frame with ease. All these traits made her feel big, but their opinions still held their ground as small little beings floating in the back of her brain.

When the letter for Hogwarts came, they were excited to say the least. Maybe Hogwarts had magic to heal her lycanthropy! Maybe they could stop the moon from changing her so, or shrink them down to perfect size. Their hopes were far too high, but they were lead by their own adrenaline, and there was nothing stopping them now.

Stamina: 4
Evasion: 5
Strength: 6
Wisdom: 7
ArcPower: 2
Accuracy: 7

STATUS: Pending until encyclopedia is finished. Please owl Béatrice Lydursdattir once its done. Second App got approved
Last edited by Edme Achillian on 23 Nov 2021, 18:33, edited 4 times in total.

Fear grew in places unlit by knowledge
|Edme Achillean|
17 Nov 2021, 11:57
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?t=18726#p300770
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus

It was a cold winter night. There was no wind, strangely enough, but the howling of a pack of wild dogs could be heard way off in the distance. And of course, there were the screams.
They came from a cabin. A cabin on the plains. Even the dhol, or the wild dogs, were scared off by them, because they were so full of pain and anguish.
The cabin was a medic's room. He was treating Anjali Baid, the only witch in the room. My father stood beside her, supporting her in her time of pain. The medic was too busy by far to notice, for there were complications. For one, the baby kept shifting in the womb, somehow. It almost felt as it it was transforming again and again.
Finally, after an hour and a half, the baby was out. The medic cleaned me up and handed me to my father, who swaddled me in wool blankets to keep me warm. My mother smiled weakly and passed out. My father, a strong man, handed some money to the poor medic and drove off with me and my mother in the backseat. I was, my mother tells me, black haired. But by the time we got home, when my father could take care of us, I had already displayed my first traces of magic. My hair was a deep brown, like the colour of aged oak.

The next day, we reached New Delhi, where my father sent my mother and I for a checkup. My mother told me that she had never had to cast so many Memory Spells in a lifetime. Why, you ask? Why? Because the baby's hair kept changing colour. And the baby's eyes were startlingly blue, then a deep greenish yellow and then the next moment, they were black as the deepest pit in the ocean.
I was not, as a rule, a troublesome child. And as I grew older, I learnt to control my shapeshifting. That, of course, is the main reason why I was not a troublesome child. Because I could always shift the blame to someone else's shoulders. For example, once we were out playing football in a small alley near Bangla Sahib, and the football flew and broke someone's window. Everyone else ran, but I stood still just long enough to let the owner see the face of my greatest enemy at that time, a kid called Aryan Kalle. Oh, that bully got the beating of his life then,
But as I grew older, I learnt not to misuse my given gift. That sort of thing was apparently punishable by wizarding law in many countries. However, I was still able to sneak into classes late and copy homework and such petty things pretty easily, until, of course, I learnt from my mother that I was to be sent to Hogwarts. My sisters were going to Ilvermorny the year after me and my brother wasn't magical. But they still supported me and taught me how to control my powers, and for that I am grateful to them forever.

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT:
Stamina: 5
Evasion: 4
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 8
ArcPower: 1
Accuracy: 3

STAUS: Pending
Mod edit: Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): [500 words for a race and talent 25.11.21
Mod edit: Waiting on registration
Last edited by Youssuf Baid on 28 Nov 2021, 07:18, edited 1 time in total.

Kup-fun-tor ha'kiv na'ish du stau? Dom nam-tor vohris nem-tor ha'kiv.
Can you return life to what you kill? Then be slow to take life.

Stam: 8 | Eva: 4 | Str: 5 | Wis: 8 | ArcP: 2 | Acc: 3 |
22 Nov 2021, 22:31
Link to your encyclopedia thread: X
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
YEAR ONE: Calming Presence
YEAR TWO: Perfectionist
YEAR ONE: CALMING PRESENCE
Reducio
Since his childhood, Orion has tried to nurture his loved ones. Being the eldest of three younger siblings growing up, they quickly began to rely on him after their father tragically passed in 1995, when he was only ten years old. At this point in time, his younger siblings had only been eight, three, and one year of age. Phillipe Lécuyer left behind his wife and his children, and Delphine, Orion’s mother, suddenly found herself a single mother tasked with raising four children on her own. With a highly demanding job at the ministry, which meant she often had to work long hours, she struggled to keep up. This was when a young Orion stepped up to the plate to help take over as a caregiver of sorts to his siblings.

His Grandmother taught him how to cook and bake, often saying that a good homemade treat had a way of calming the soul. He would try to lull his siblings whenever they grew restless or became upset, reading them stories and singing them until they calmed down or fell asleep. Eventually, whenever one of the Lécuyer children woke from a nightmare, they would make their way to Rion’s room and crawl into the comfort of his bed instead of trying to wake their mother. This was especially prevalent after losing their father, as the children would often wake during the middle of the night with tear-stained cheeks.

Slowly, Rion developed his nurturing nature, and his presence was missed once he left home to attend Beauxbatons. He felt a bit lost without his siblings, especially with no one at school to care for. Luckily his natural ability to help calm people would attract several of his peers. Eventually his new friends started to seek him out whenever they needed an open ear or comfort. This was a big transition for most of them, after all, considering it was the first time many of them were away from home. As their bond grew strong, his friends would often comment on how just being around him could help settle any strong negative emotions.

During the winter and summer break, Orion's new friends would often write him letters. Some of his friends continued to vent to him through the help of their owls, while others stated that they missed his presence and looked forward to seeing the boy again. No matter what his friends were going through, Orion would always make certain he sent some sort of baked good back to them, often remembering the words his grandmother had told him.

Word Count: 428
YEAR TWO: PERFECTIONIST
Reducio
Born to two traditional French purebloods, his parents sought out the guidance of a naming seer to select the perfect name for their firstborn son. The seer that Orion's parents had visited during the first week of his life had claimed that he would follow in his Auror father's footsteps. She had claimed that the Frenchman would become a great 'hunter', which is why she had suggested the name 'Orion'. With this knowledge Orion felt a lot of pressure growing up, knowing that his parents expected great things from him. This was made worse whenever his family would comment on what an amazing wizard he would become, and how he would carry on the Lécuyer legacy. This notion wormed its way into the young boy's brain considering he was still an insecure child, unaware of his place in the world. He only knew that he could not let his family down; he had to be a great wizard. His drive only grew after the death of his father, desiring to make him proud beyond the grave.

During his first year Rion had not been as focused on his grades, opting instead to focus on creating personal relationships with those around him. After receiving a few Es and As, he realized he could not afford to allow his grades to slip any further, as he knew he would need to receive excellent grades if he planned on applying to become an Auror after he graduated. So, during the start of his second year at Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, Orion buckled down and pushed himself to learn as much as he could. He spent much of his spare time reading books on magical theory and spells, and studying and practicing whatever spells he found. He would often secretly stay up late, hiding from his dorm mates beneath his bed's blankets so he could read by the light of his wand. It was his fear that he would end up falling behind or that he would end up messing up casting a spell in front of his peers. That word he was a failure would somehow make it back to his mother. He did all that he could to stay ahead of the whatever subject his class was studying at the time because of this, desperately attempting to ensure he would never make a fool of himself or taint his family name.

This quickly spiraled into an obsession of sorts, driving the boy to not accept anything but the best. He began to spend countless hours every day honing his magical skills. If he could not get a spell right the first time, he would cast it until he had perfected the wand movement and the incantation. After all, he could not afford to disappoint his family...

Word Count: 464

Stats: • STA: 7 • EVA: 15 • STR: 5 • WIS: 20 • ARC: 5 • ACC: 18 •
“Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them.” - Edgar Allan Poe
24 Nov 2021, 13:55
Application for Metamorphmagus
Link: Encyclopedia

Stats: Total:30 | Sta:4 | Ev:6 | Str: 1 | Wis: 7 | ArcP: 6 | Acc: 6

Reason:
Reducio

Ivan, not knowing his true family and being a child of non magicals never knew why he looked like a spitting image of his current parents, it was odd... Looking like his adopted father in youth with his mothers hair. But in the end it is not his adopted family that is the one that matters,it's his biological one that does the Meyricks...

The Meyricks as a family while not bigots were very careful with whom they married and produced offsprings with. Often they amrreid into the continent not staying withing the British Isles to make sure the magic in the family stays strong and their talent preservers. Unkown to most Every 2nd or third generation sported a Metamorphmagus, and those were the families main driving force and weapons.

In the war against the Grindelwald one of Ivan's great grandfathers at the age of 87 often went behind enemy lines collecting information and killing when was necessary. The information was then written down in family journals stored inside Gringotts and used as both a weapon to threaten their enemies and a commodity to be sold to their side who fighting, for why would they risk one of their own for nothing? Businesses is businesses after all, and blood is blood.

The family while having a lord and being patriarchal had a family secret, when proven worthy and aligned with families motives it was the Metamorphmagus that lead it the Lord of the family being only a facade...

Ivan being a small babe and child didn't seem to show any signs of this talent, the mother doting and caring was always sure he had all his needs fulfilled and thus at the age of 3 the family told her to get rid of him, for it was obvious to them he didn't have the talent that was so precious to them. Oh how wrong they were...

Ending up in an adoption home Ivan was distraught not fully comprehending the changes to him he started to finally show his talents, magic seems didn't come to him, but his hair color changed in small details displaying his emotions, at first it was only a minor thing his hair curling into thick curls when he was angry or growing long enough to cover his eyes when scared.

When he got adopted his talents subsided in a way he was once again loved and wanted, so to emulate that he slowly over time and as he was growing started to look more like his now parents and growing to be the spitting image of them. He himself not aware of his own magic and talent. Once he started going to school he used his talent manifested itself in a different way if Ivan wanted the attention of others his magic would make him stand out a bit more, be it by changing his hair style a bit for the day or something similarly small yet significant, however if he wanted to be unnoticed both his magic and talent made him appear more common and nothing special changing his hair to a bland color and hairstyle and making him smaller a bit so he doesn't stick out as much.

It was only at the age of 10 when he started to realize his talent and slowly experiment by lengthening his hair and changing the nail length on his fingers. While this did firstly end up with him having too short or long hair and nails he didn't think too much of it until he got his Hogwarts letter and in a way understood that his abilities were because of his magic and the whole other world he needs to explore.

26 Nov 2021, 07:05
Link to your encyclopedia thread:
Meenauh Silmataurea
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for:
Perfectionist II
Reducio
It has been quite a while since her private sessions with Ress. Oh, of course, it has been — Ress was not there anymore to have private sessions with. And she didn't even dare to request the same from Professor Wade. And did she even need them anymore? By Year Four of her education in The School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she gained enough experience to practice on her own, and enough Gryffindorish hot-headedness to dare trying more things than she could have ever allowed herself to try.

She never stopped practising. Disregarding whatever had happened to her during those years. She practised Transfiguration, while no one saw, as a routine. She wanted to be able to do it without much focus, just to have it going on auto-pilot. She believed that would be step one of her preparation for wordless and wandless magic. The two special crafts she believed to be quite dangerous, but fruitful in the long-term. Day and night, or probably, minutes and hours would be more precise, she was forging her state of mind to be able to perform and, what was more important, sustain the transfigurations, until it was perfection. And then she would try to do the same while focusing on something else — something equally engaging that would take a good portion of her attention. Of course, it would be reading. It seemed to be almost impossible in the very beginning, because, despite her existing perfectionism, she couldn't even cast the spells properly as the booking were engaging enough to forget what she was planning to do. And then she managed to cast the spells and even did it very well on her first try. But she completely missed the points she was reading at the same time. It seemed to be a hard challenge overall. Impossible, maybe?

Challenge accepted. It was efficient that she started to practice it in her third year, while at Hogwarts, but she spent her whole summer travelling the muggle way, staying in places, meditating where no living soul (except her parents, of course) was around. During those travels, she had enough time for herself, especially when they were visiting certain places of power. Enough time for practice. Until one day her teapot rested on the flat stone in the slow wiggling form of a tortoise. And with a wide grinning smile, she put away her poem book and stood up to recite the poem she was trying to learn. The triumphant surge of joyful electricity has travelled all the way from her feet to the tip of her head. And that was the first-ever moment she became impossibly confident her spells would never fail her ever again.
WC:
Code:
Please, place it in the Abilities section under the previous Perfectionist ability.

Code: Select all

‣ [url=https://hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?p=303443#p303443]Perfectionist II[/url] • [i]I never critically fail a spell.[/i]

Meenauh Silmataurea | STA: 7 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | ARC: 10 | ACC: 11 |
28 Nov 2021, 00:21
Link to your encyclopedia thread: link
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: perfectionist
Reducio
The Gallow family has always valued education, learning, and insight. The doctors raised their daughter in the hallowed town of Oxford, a town known to many as a pinnacle of knowledge. Avery herself has always been a curious girl, one who loves exploring and pouring over books. The child spent much of her life bouncing around, reading, questioning and finding. While she would not consider herself a perfectionist, many, including her parents, would disagree.

Avery, generally, is a kind, happy-go-lucky girl. She will strike up conversations with anyone and everyone and making friends comes easily. That being said, Avery generally carries herself in an air of superiority to her peers. In spite of the fact that she was not raised rich or spoiled, Avery believes that her upbringing was simply, better than others.

In the setting of group projects or studying, Avery will often ignore input from others, believing that she is correct and that there is simply no other way to do said task.

In addition to this stubbornness, Avery can become, well, a bully, when she feels threatened. If she encounters someone who seems smarter or better than her, Avery will do everything, both good and bad, in her power to make sure this other person does not succeed.

When Avery first arrived at Hogwarts, it was hard for her. She no longer knew the most or even had the tools to go learn, simply said, Avery Rose Gallows, was lost. Her skills in research no longer mattered when half of the texts she read were written with jargon nit even the smartest muggle could understand. Avery took this as a challenge. She challenged herself to be better, smarter, kinder than any of her peers and would do anything to accomplish that goal.

It was not until the end of November of her first year that Avery realized all she was missing out on. She had no one she considered a friend, she barely knew her roommate's names for merlin's sake. Avery came to realize, as the weather turned, that she never had a chance to explore the grounds, find companions and that simply hurt.

Avery will not lose her perfectionistic traits, but she works to ignore them, works to do better. This work does not matter though, as one of the many things she will never be perfect at, is trying not to be perfect at everything.

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT: Wisdom: 8 Stamina: 8 Arcana: 6 Accuracy: 5 Strength: 2 Evasion: 6

avery gallows
she/her (ic +ooc)
perfectionist | nimbus 1001
Wis: 10{+2} Stam: 8 Arc: 6 Acc: 5 Str: 4{+2} Eva: 7{+1}