12 Jul 2023, 19:58
Intruder

German | English | Sadie | Georg | Bax | Malakai
Lucian finished eating his cereal and got up from the table, an itch appearing on his chest that called for his attention. "Morning Angel," greeted Sadie, ruffling his hair as she walked by.
"Morning, mum. You’re up early for a Saturday," he commented, leaning against the wall as he took in her dressed stance. It smelt like she even had a shower! It was only 8:36am. She doesn’t usually get up until around 10. "Dad up too?"
Sadie shook her head, "No, hun. I’m only up because I want to be here for your- for Malakai," shouts of ‘He’s not brother!’ ran through Lucian’s mind and he swallowed. She really was walking on egg shells with him.
Luci hummed and looked at his feet. "I urm. I could speak with him," he offered quietly and had uncertainty clouding his words.
Sadie stopped what she was doing and looked at her son before continuing what she was doing. "It’s okay Lu. You go spend time with Bax or go out and see if any of your friends live near here," and then she was gone. Lucian sighed and turned around, when he got out of the kitchen he saw a glimpse of Malakai before being pulled away by a shout of: "LUCI!" and weight colliding into his legs. Lucian let out an umf and staggered back a little.
"Hey little man," Lucian greeted, he knew that Bax wasn’t actually little anymore. Two years and he arrives at Hogwarts! Malakai would be returning with him this year. He didn’t want the other boy to join him where he sat; Lucian would be sat with his friends. With Ash. And he didn’t want his… stupid little brother there too! "Morning. You had breakfast?"
Baxter shook his head, "No. I’ve just come downstairs," Lucian nodded and shooed him off to eat. He went up the stairs and saw Malakai again. He stopped walking and a hesitant smile came about him.
"Hi," Lucian said quietly. Malakai looked at him, playing with his hands. "Sorry we didn’t talk much yesterday. I uh, was very tired," he added with a nervous chuckle.
Malakai nodded, "Hello," he greeted. All Lucian could think of was how awkward this was and he wanted to leave.
"Okay… Well I am going to go and get changed," he told Malakai, wishing he never stopped walking. Just as he took a few steps, he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around quickly. "Yeah?"
"I- question," he mumbled, reaching into his jeans pocket. Lucian watched as he pulled out a small rectangle. It was red and had a black cover. "Not working?" Lucian watched as he clicked a button but nothing happened.
"What on earth is that?" he asked, taking the fragile thing from Malakai. It was cold and felt weird in his hand. He turned it over to find it had two small disk things in the top left corner with a black covering.
"My phone," Malakai responded with a frown.
"Phone?" Lucian was confused, what’s a phone? "What’s it meant to do?"
"Turn on," Malakai explained like it was the obvious thing ever. "It could be dead," he added thoughtfully, Lucian didn’t even recognise that this was the first actual sentence he had heard the other boy speak.
That’s when it dawned on him.
"Malakai… was your mum and dad magic too?" he asked hesitantly. Had mother and father really placed a… you know under their roof?
Malakai shrugged, "Stacey was confused," who was Stacey? However, it was becoming clearer and clearer that this boy was no Pureblood and Lucian felt his blood boiling. How DARE they. "I lived with Stacey before here. Stacey said she is a squib. When I showed magic that is. That’s why she sent me here," Lucian scoffed.
"Of course the squib cannot handle their wizard charge," he looked down at Malakai, "No matter how weak they are," Malakai frowned again but didn’t say anything as he rocked on the balls of his feet. "Well I haven’t a clue at what muggle contraption that is and I certainly don’t know how to fix it," Lucian told him.
Malakai looked a little sad at this but nodded, "I will ask Mrs Mor— Sadie," he said instead. "Seeing as you were helpless," his voice never changed as he spoke and that riled Lucian.
"My mum won’t have a clue either! See, we are pureblood. Unlike you," Lucian held back a snap. He groaned aloud. "You do you, Malakai. I’m going to get changed," and he turned on his heels and marched to his bedroom, hearing Malakai as he traversed down the stairs.
When Lucian was inside the safety of his bedroom, he slid down his door. Had mother really let in a Mudblood? Even a half blood would know that muggle technology didn’t work around magic, right? Although Lucian only knows this because of Hogwarts and how many students complain they can’t use headphones or iPods.
Lucian got up and waltzed to his wardrobe, oh well. Nothing he could do about it! Malakai better pray his grandfather doesn’t hear about this.