The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
As soon as Juan Sat down he did not know what to do next, he was happy but quite scared, he knew that this was going to probably be the hardest part of of his year, starting in a new school where he didnt know anyone literally. He started to look around hoping people would notice him and they would try to start a conversation, but as soon as he looked up he saw the immense amount of food that was sitting on the table *his stomach growls* the next thought comes into Juan's mind "well I havent had anything to eat for a while now since I decided to fall asleep on the train, maybe I can eat something real quick and then I'll make friends" then he picked up his fork and started to look around, having a huge dilemma on what to eat first. Juan decides to grab a few pieces of fried chicken or what he hopes is chicken, then he serves himself a bit of what it looks to be like mashed potato, and before he can say a word he starts devouring the food that he had served himself, then he felt thirsty and decided to serve himself a bit of water proceeding to gulping the whole glass of water in one sip. After that he looked around and smiled from ear to ear hoping no one got to see his animal side.
♧J. Rivera♧
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Kieryn looked at the boy muttering to herself about how many people kept saying hi to her but she wanst angry about it. "hi im kieryn, nice to meet you pierre" sh studied him he was not such an open book but she could snatch a look at a few pages, he seemed confident and welcoming but also seemed to be holding something back..or not and she was just reading to much sci-fi books. Taking his hand she shook it smiling as she did, she watched him sip something out of his goblet she looked at her own plate which was completely empty, her goblet had water but she hadn't taken a sip. She fidgeted as everyone around her ate....looking down shyly she started to pull her hood up again, what if they thought she was weird? or mean or or...Her mind continued with these nervous thoughts as her eyes flicked around, was she weird everywhere she went? would people hate her for it? What if she made a fool off herself. "so pierre whats like here? what are the people like? is it bad to be weird? " she started talking a mile a minute her fears falling out of her mouth before she could stop them so she slapped her hand over her mouth.
@Piérre Marchonné
@Piérre Marchonné
Kieryn rodriguez~
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Ashwaria nervously started eating thinking about she could survive without friends. She was extremely nervous and anxious to make friends but something was stopping her. “She muttered under her breath” come on Ashwaria you can do it!” She slowly started to talk with a few when them when a boy who seemed slightly older said “Hello! My name is piérre Marchonné, I’m a kind of veteran and so is she!”He gestured to a girl nearby and then continued” Welcome to the house of chivalry and loyalty! What are your Names and where are you from?” She answered, “Hello my name is Ashwaria Nair I am from London .”
A blonde-haired girl who Ashwaria had noticed seemed to have extremely long hair responded "hi I'm Kieran, nice to meet you, Pierre"
. Ashwaria noticed that she was quite nervous/shy. She approached the blonde-haired girl and said: "Hi.
you must be new here too my name is Ashwaria Nair.""If you are nervous I can give you a pep talk if you want and I can help you too"
.Ashwaria continued to eat her food slowly started to talk to a few other students nearby when she saw her empty goblet refilled. She said amazed"Woah! that's so cool how do they do it . . . ., this. is. so. cool!
"How do they do that? where does the wasted food go? Who prepares so much fooD?This doesn't make any sense?
I muttered under my breath "Woah I am going for a real ride for the rest of my life"
A blonde-haired girl who Ashwaria had noticed seemed to have extremely long hair responded "hi I'm Kieran, nice to meet you, Pierre"
. Ashwaria noticed that she was quite nervous/shy. She approached the blonde-haired girl and said: "Hi.
you must be new here too my name is Ashwaria Nair.""If you are nervous I can give you a pep talk if you want and I can help you too"
.Ashwaria continued to eat her food slowly started to talk to a few other students nearby when she saw her empty goblet refilled. She said amazed"Woah! that's so cool how do they do it . . . ., this. is. so. cool!
"How do they do that? where does the wasted food go? Who prepares so much fooD?This doesn't make any sense?
I muttered under my breath "Woah I am going for a real ride for the rest of my life"
Last edited by Ashwaria Nair on 13 Aug 2020, 11:08, edited 2 times in total.
I am a future mars trainee.
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
─────────❖─────────
INTERACTIONS│@Scarlett Aden, @Piérre Marchonné, @Kieryn Rodriguez, @Ashwaria Nair
MENTIONS│Juan Rivera, Zykeal Lane
Ivy had watched the Sorting Ceremony with her chin propped up by one hand and grey eyes fixed on the new students, her expression somewhat resembling amusement. She couldn't help but recall her own sorting last year - she had been a little disappointed for not getting into her mother's house, which was Slytherin, but the reminder that her uncle had been a Gryffindor had softened the blow. The Silversteins, all of whom had attended Hogwarts, had let go of the whole obsession with Slytherin House, although they were still the stupid pureblood elitists they had always been. By the looks on some of the first years' faces, they, like her, hadn't gotten their preferred house. Ivy wondered how many of them would seek out the Headmaster and ask for to switch houses... Stupid, thought the girl with a roll of her eyes. They would soon find out that switching houses wasn't allowed - and the Sorting Hat was never wrong. Ivy was at home amongst the throng of lions, and she said a silent thank you to the tattered old hat from where she sat.
As the newly sorted Gryffindors joined them at the table, Ivy sent them a wry smile, the right side of her lip tugging upwards slightly, taking in their expressions. Gee... they really were a nervous lot of students, weren't they? She didn't remember the Sorting being as scary as they were making it out to be. Turning her head at the sound of a familiar voice among the symphony of unfamiliar ones, Ivy couldn't help but smile - a genuine one, this time - at the sight of two of her fellow second-years greeting the first years. She recognised Piérre, despite his Hufflepuff ensemble. The other, not so much... hadn't she been the girl talking to Zyk at the slumber party last June? Ivy winced slightly at the thought of Zyk, recalling their disastrous encounter at summer camp. She had put everything on the line, and he had walked away. Where was he, anyway? Ivy scanned the table for the boy, but was unsuccessful in finding him. Whatever. It's not like I care.
The second year turned her attention back onto the conversation Scarlett and Piérre were having with the first years, waiting for them to be done with the introductions before inserting herself into the conversation. "Hi Piérre, hi Scarlett." Ivy greeted her classmates first, glancing sideways at the first years. She wrinkled her nose in disgust as a boy nearby [Juan] literally pounced on his food like a wild animal. Gosh, some people didn't have any manners, did they? "Welcome to Gryffindor," she told the new students, as an afterthought. Scarlett and Piérre had welcomed them, so she supposed it was only right that she did as well. "I'm Ivy. Second year."
She took a sip from her goblet and glanced around the table again. Kieryn was pulling her hood up and asking Piérre a question - something about being weird. Ivy rolled her eyes and turned her attention on the girl who had introduced herself as Ashwaria, who had said something equally as stupid. Honestly, she should have never tried to talk to these people. Piérre and Scarlett, she was fine with, but not these first years. Patience, she reminded herself, biting back a snarky comment. They're new. Don't go snapping at them, you'll regret it later... Ivy turned to face Scarlett. "How was your summer? Were you at summer camp?"
─────────❖─────────
october 2007 - august 2023.
i know the end
i know the end
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Ashwaria started to eat her pie and pudding but lost her appetite seeing a boy literally shoving food in his mouth as he was eating food for the first time but she admitted she also never saw so much food in her life at once. While she was examining the students sitting near her she saw a girl with grey eyes and amber and brunette sort ish hair colour who seriously didn't like being here she examined her (Yes Ashwaria can read body language ) and said" Hi I see you are not very happy today, I am Ashwaria Nair and you are, I actually didn't catch your name because, it's so loud here" she said with a nervous expression while mentally face palming herself for some reason she said with a nervous expression while mentally face palming herself for some reason. Nice to meet you! I said with a wide grin
Hi! Ashwaria said to the boy who was literally devouring any food he sees.
"My name is Ashwaria Nair and you must be?" she said "Pleasure to meet you, and you should slow down too or you might get a stomach ache after eating or worse sick" She clasped her hands on her mouth and muttered to herelf "I really need to learn to shut up seriously.
@Juan Rivera @Ivy Bellamy
Hi! Ashwaria said to the boy who was literally devouring any food he sees.
"My name is Ashwaria Nair and you must be?" she said "Pleasure to meet you, and you should slow down too or you might get a stomach ache after eating or worse sick" She clasped her hands on her mouth and muttered to herelf "I really need to learn to shut up seriously.
@Juan Rivera @Ivy Bellamy
Last edited by Ashwaria Nair on 17 Aug 2020, 07:29, edited 3 times in total.
I am a future mars trainee.
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
@Ivy Bellamy @Piérre Marchonné @Kieryn Rodriguez @Ashwaria Nair
[font=Book Antiqua]
"Good to meet you too, Ashwaria," said Scarlett, turning to the other first-year girl, the blonde one. It seemed like juggling conversations was going to be the regular manner of speaking here.
The girl stuttered for a bit - she really needed to learn some confidence - and finally managed to introduce herself as Kieryn.
"Oh, no, nothing's wrong," said Scarlett absently. Why would there be anything wrong? Anyway, however, there were more people joining in on the conversation, turning a simple hello to more of a chatting group. "And I'm a second-year now."
Scarlett smiled at those words.
Just at that moment, a boy shuffled over with a plate of food. His eyes twinkled mischievously and he seemed so inexplicably cheerful as he sat down next to Kieryn and welcomed the first-years to Hogwarts. Not that Scarlett minded - happiness was a goal everyone should have in life.
The boy was dressed in Hufflepuff clothing, but Scarlett wasn't really fooled. She had seen quite a few Hogwarts students in her first year - and definitely would recognise a fellow Gryffindor like her. What his name was, though, was still a mystery. Peter?
The boy - Patrick? Phillip? - shook hands with Kieryn. The house of chivalry and loyalty? Certainly a way to describe Gryffindor, but Hufflepuffs were more of the loyal type. Then again, the boy was wearing Hufflepuff clothing. He might have an infatuation with the badgers for all Scarlett knew.
Scarlett ate some more food and fidgeted with her fingers - a habit. Snippets of conversation drifted over to her as -
Wait, a veteran?
The matter called for some intervening as Scarlett interrupted said, "Veteran? We're not veterans - we're twelve!"
She paused. Oops. Going against her whole 'I'm in second-year and I'm older than these students and I feel quite proud' mindset.
"Anyway," said Scarlett, hoping they hadn't gotten off the wrong foot. "Again, I'm Scarlett. How about you? Are you - er - Peter? Or something?..."
She trailed off and flashed an apologetic smile in case the name was wrong. Which it probably was.
Scarlett watched as Ashwaria and Kieryn chatted with Pierre some more - he seemed to be the student magnet. Scarlett took a sip of her pumpkin juice as she waited for something to happen.
That something came in the form of Ivy Bellamy. It wasn't much, just a quick hello, but it gave Scarlett someone to talk to. After all, talking was as essential as breathing to her. Quiet never really existed in her world.
"Hi Pierre, hi Scarlett," said Ivy. Ivy had indeed grown through the year - like her - and was more slender than scrawny. Scarlett had briefly met her at the club meeting for that ABC thing and saw her at the Gryffindor slumber party.
"Hi Ivy!" smiled Scarlett. Maybe she would make a friend today.
Ivy introduced herself to the first-years and gave them what looked like a distasteful glance as she rolled her eyes. It looked like she was restraining herself from snapping a snarky comment. Scarlett didn't mind this too much - she was quite used to people like this and knew they always had some form of good somewhere.
"I was actually," said Scarlett, turning to Ivy. "And summer was alright. I met people and ate food, and watched Quidditch and roasted s'mores...typical stuff. Was your summer any more exciting?"
[/font]
chill, it's only chaos
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Open for interactions
I dropped the hat back down on the go seat and walked over the Gryffindor table. Seriously, Gryffindor, the only brave thing I can remember doing is pranking the hell out of everyone back at my old school. I thought I was going to be in Ravenclaw because of my intellect or Slytherin because of my ambition. I can't say I'm daring, heck, I can't even make friends the right way. I almost passed out when my adrenaline junkie of a brother tricked me into riding the most dangerous rollercoaster known to man. Unfortunately for him, I puked on his sneakers when I got off.
I looked at everyone at the Gryffindor table and sat down. I exhaled and sank back into my seat, watching others go and get sorted into the houses.
I wanted to put my head on the table and let all my feelings and thoughts faded away... but something caught my eye. The table was lined with all sorts of food. "How did I not notice all of this" I thought.
I sat up straight and grabbed a piece of what I thought I thought was meat. You can never be sure in a magical school. Back at my old school, you think that your lunch is alive and looking right at you.
I took a bite and I fell back in my seat. This was way better to what I was used to. It was like ambrosia cuz taste like the best thing I've ever eaten, but only a little bit better.
Last edited by Aemadall Zarcovich on 13 Aug 2020, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
The less you reveal, the more others wonder
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
─────────❖─────────
INTERACTIONS│@Scarlett Aden, @Ashwaria Nair
MENTIONS│Piérre Marchonné
Oh, for fuck's sake. Ivy hadn't said a single word to Ashwaria and already the first year was claiming to know how she felt. She was partly correct, though. Now that Ashwaria had spoken those words to her, Ivy certainly was not happy, evident in the way her eyes flickered upwards to the ceiling and the look she exchanged with Scarlett, can you believe this? The second-year's lips pursed together with displeasure and she turned back to face the younger girl. "Oh?" she said coolly, quirking an eyebrow. "And why wouldn't I be happy?" Ivy was holding back, trying her best not to snap at the chatty first year. She didn't want to get detention on her first day back at Hogwarts, after all.
The Gryffindor cast her gaze around the table, calmly observing the new students and taking mental notes about them. Her eyes lingered just a smidge longer on Kieryn - the small blonde who acted as though the entire world was going to collapse in two seconds. Ivy couldn't help but find this amusing; this batch of first years sure was strange. Ashwaria was audacious and far too bold for her own good, while Kieryn looked so nervous, Ivy thought she was going to burst tears any second. Ha! One of them needed to learn humility and sensitivity, the other needed to learn some confidence.
Ivy slipped into conversation with Scarlett now, easing a smile onto her face. "The match was insane, wasn't it?" She could recall the excited buzz of the crowd and the way the players had soared through the air - it had been an amazing experience, the whole summer camp. Now as for the rest of her summer... it had been strange. There was the whole thing with Ana going rogue, of course. Then her grandmother had died, and she had gone to France for a week to say goodbye. It had been a rather sad ordeal... and upon returning to Sussex, Ivy and Alison had broken out of the house to tell Lillian. Yes, August had been rollercoaster. Ivy wasn't quite sure how to respond without revealing too much information in public. "Eh, not really," she decided on. "I went to France for a week in August and that was it. Are you excited to get back into the classroom? I can't wait for Transfiguration."
─────────❖─────────
october 2007 - august 2023.
i know the end
i know the end
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Being in a new school without a main group to hang out without sucked.
Big time. The only real interactions was on the train to come to Hogwarts where he talked to Rohan and Elisabeth, but he assumed he didn't like him much for asking about Muggles. Darn his ignorance.
The trip onto the boat was also another time where he gotten the chance to talk to fellow students but nothing notable and tangible as friendship, other than Syl.
But Remi hasn't seen him with the large student body of Hogwarts students. For now, all he could really do was study and try to make friends, even with the professors and get on their good side was on his mind.
As he sat at the Gryffindor's Table, alone from the bigger groups farther from the table, he really didn't want to plop himself with the older years as he didn't want to be a laughing stock like that kid who fall into the Lake.
On his plate was a simple breakfast: French Toast, Waffles with Syrup, And chocolate milk on the side in a goblet. His parents would definitely would not have him eat like that.
Ivorian Breakfast was usually Milk rice (rice with a little bit of milk and lots of sugar) but it was great to break the mold and eat something with substance.
Taking a large bite out of his French toast, he sighed. Maybe he'll meet someone new, someone who can accept him like Syl did.
- - OPEN TO INTERACTIONS - -
Speaking Font: Futura | Stamina: 6 - Evasion: 9 - Strength: 1 - Wisdom: 10 - Arcane: 3 - Accuracy: 6 | "First Year Pride."
The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Ashlyn sighed and watched as more and more first years had their names called. It was particularly strange, seeing as she would be joining the first years. Again. The truth was, she didn't have to repeat her first year, but, because of the fact that she had joined late last year, she chose to stay behind. Besides, she was still eleven, and she would be for the next few months, not to mention that she didn't really make any friends last year. She wondered if any of her old acquaintances would recognize her this year, though her hair had gotten a few inches longer, and her face was more refined, she was still the same person, just with less chubby cheeks. "Acquaintances", she thought. "Hopefully I'll make some friends this year, not just acquaintances." Apparently, she had said that last part a bit too loudly, as she saw the boy in front of her looked up slightly. She hadn't seen him last year, so she assumed that he had to be a first year. He was seemingly African, with his dark skin and black or dark brown-ish hair, and he was wearing some rather interesting clothing. From what Ashlyn could tell, he was her age, maybe a few months younger. Embarrassed by her amplified voice when speaking earlier, she covered her face and looked away quickly, hoping that the boy would just refocus on his food.
"This is exactly why you don't have friends, Ashlyn." , she thought to herself interacting with Remi Yao
"This is exactly why you don't have friends, Ashlyn." , she thought to herself interacting with Remi Yao
"The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. "
- Johnny Depp
