Back 3849 / 18141

OOC Let's Chat!

Hey everyone just wonderin if anyone knows how to make your posts longer, or any tips?
OOC Let's Chat!
Being descriptive. In your form, your environment, your thoughts, intentions and movements.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
OOC Let's Chat!
Solomon Lear wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 22:52 Being descriptive. In your form, your environment, your thoughts, intentions and movements.
This is always great advice, thank you! <3
OOC Let's Chat!
Overtime, writing longer posts will be easier. For now, expanding on any descriptions around and surrounding you character can help to add backstory. The biggest thing for me is making sure that the plot of the thread is exciting so it’s not as grueling to write. Writing a thread of conversations between two characters is a lot harder for me to write longer posts in than something like a fight scene.

Hope this helped some!

Anddd, Lear beat me ;) ^^

PC: Ava Winchect / iNPC: Akihiko Takahashi
OOC Let's Chat!
Maddie Gittings wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 22:51 Hey everyone just wonderin if anyone knows how to make your posts longer, or any tips?
I would recommend adding fluff- use two words instead of one, like saying 'full of hope' instead of 'hopeful,' etc. Things like that add up your word count! You can also add in more descriptive words and adjectives, and put how your character feels into more detail. :)

I've lived a thousand lives and I've loved a thousand loves. I've walked on distant worlds and seen the end of time- because I read.
OOC Let's Chat!
I am Lead for a reason.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
OOC Let's Chat!
Solomon Lear wrote: 22 Jan 2024, 22:55 I am Lead for a reason.
I edited the post okay :sob:

Blame my autocorrect.

PC: Ava Winchect / iNPC: Akihiko Takahashi
OOC Let's Chat!
You can also put in your character's thoughts and feelings. Describe how your character responses to actions of why they do what they do. I sometimes go on wild tangents that have nothing to do with the topic, but provide more background to my character.
OOC Let's Chat!
Character memories and backstories are fun to add in when there's an important character-building scene.

☽ Ophelia Lynn Northwell | i have a whole universe in my mind | Aurélie Nathalie Duval ☾
OOC Let's Chat!
A quick exercise.

Solomon opened a gift.

becomes--

Solomon received a large, bright gift from Caradoc. He was not entirely sure what the occasion was but he loved surprises. The sunny packaging and the thick ribbon offered no hint of occasion. He read the tag and the corners of his mouth dropped -- Happy Retirement Lear. He gave the Head of Hufflepuff a sour look, over Nora's dead body he was retiring in the next decade!

He would tug at the end of the ribbon and pull the bow loose. The length of ribbon would fall away and the tips of his fingers would pick at the edges of the wrapping paper. Peeling away the giftwrap, he would rip the paper away to reveal a box. The box was rather non-descript, a simple white box with no adornments, accoutrements or markings. He would lift the lid and be puzzled by what he saw inside.

Another, yet smaller box.

This can be moved even further.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
Back 3849 / 18141