18 Jun 2023, 09:52
The First Meeting

German | English | Mother | Father | Grandad | Brother
I felt all tingly and a little nauseous as I got off the train at platform 9 3/4. My face was at a neutral look and my hands shoved deep in my pocket. "Master Mornstern," I heard the voice of Darla and I turned around to face her. “Is master ready to go?" she asked. I took a breath in and nodded, taking her hand as she apparated.
We landed near the front door and I took a moment to collect myself, I don’t think I will ever get used to that. Once centred, Darla showed me to the living room and that’s when I saw mother, father and… him. They were talking and didn’t notice me. I licked my dry lips and walked further into the room. "Hi," I greeted, my mother shot up and wrapped her arms around me. "Hi mum,"
"I am so glad to see you’re back here in one piece!" she claimed, I hugged her back and we parted. Dad smiled at me and patted my shoulder. "Lucian Michael Bauer Mornstern. What IS wrong with you?!" I was taken aback by her voice anf her light hits on my arm. She sounded scared and so I frowned. What’s wrong?
"What?" and the young boy looked awkward just sat there. "Can we save this for later? I think we have a… guest that is feeling rather uncomfortable," I was so happy for the reason of being able to palm all attention to the boy on the sofa. He had brown hair that was spiked up a little and his blue eyes shone with uncertainty.
"Oh I’m sorry Angel," it was like Ava had really stabbed me. The pain that shot through my heart at that nickname being uttered to another boy. A boy that isn’t hers, nonetheless. She never calls Baxter her angel! Because that’s MY job. Wow, the irony. My name, Lucian, similar to that of Lucifer the fallen angel. Now look at me. I watched as she kissed his head and guided him to his feet. "Luci, this is Malakai. We are fostering him at the moment but we…" she looked at Dad with a smile. "We plan to adopt him,"
I’m not sure what big song and dance they were expecting of me however my reaction must of confused them as the smile mum had vanished.
"Cool. Hi, Malakai. Welcome to the family, I suppose. Erm, I’m a little tired and I want to relax in my own bed. I will see you all at dinner," and that’s when I took my leave. I wasn’t sure how I felt on getting a new brother. It was stressful enough having the one I do now but when mother is calling him her angel? The audacity! I am her angel.
Well I can be the devil too. The fallen angel.
But I do need to rest and contemplate and despite my feelings toward my mother I am curious about the boy. I’m fact, he looked around my age!
I trudged into my bedroom and collapsed onto my bed, letting out a shout into my pillow as I felt my body about melt into bed.
What. A. Year.
✫
Sadie let out an angry breath, "I apologise for him dear. He has had a stressful year," Malakai nodded.
"It’s fine, Mrs Mornstern," he answered in a quiet voice, smile at the woman who took him in. "Please don’t give him a hard time over it. Getting used to new people is hard," plus it gave him time to get acclimated to Mrs and Mr Mornstern.
"Of course love," she answered, pulling him in for a hug. It was then Malakai clicked that she was a very touchy person. Stacey was a very huggy person but they were quick and brief— a sad look came about his face when he thought of her and how she reacted when he…
"What’s the matter, angel?" she asked, reaching for him. Malakai flinched away and crossed his arms over his chest, backing away to the fireplace. "Oh. I’m sorry dear," she had forgotten, at that moment, his issues. The social worker told her that she should always ask before engaging physically with him but she had lost herself.
"Stacey," was what he said. "Can I… leave?" she nodded and Malakai moved swiftly out of the— "Ah-" room and to his room. The ‘ah’ was because he had almost walked into Baxter.
"Mum, where’s LuLu?" he asked, basically bouncing with excitement. Sadie, still feeling dazed from all that had transpired, rubbed her face.
"What?" she asked tiredly.
"Luci. Where is he? He should be home by now?" he had come from tutor and was sad to have missed his brothers arrival.
"He’s in his bedroom, son. Resting," Georg replied, rubbing his wife’s back. Baxter nodded and sprinted away. "Come here," she sat down and rested her head on his chest.
They would be okay.