28 Nov 2022, 21:10
Debate Club
Name: Billy Parker
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I believe I need to gain some confidence, from what my family says. There are always a lot of things going through my mind and perhaps this can be some good experience.
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Really any position is fine...Any position that is needed at least. Though, a speaker or a judge may get me out of my comfort zone.
OOC debating experience (needed!): I have been in many debates, even outside of the debate club. I haven't participated in a debate club, but I do have experience with being a speaker and presenting the evidence we have. I usually make a small script before hand so I know what to say. I also usually take the role in researching anything we need to know.
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I believe I need to gain some confidence, from what my family says. There are always a lot of things going through my mind and perhaps this can be some good experience.
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Really any position is fine...Any position that is needed at least. Though, a speaker or a judge may get me out of my comfort zone.
OOC debating experience (needed!): I have been in many debates, even outside of the debate club. I haven't participated in a debate club, but I do have experience with being a speaker and presenting the evidence we have. I usually make a small script before hand so I know what to say. I also usually take the role in researching anything we need to know.
Stamina - 8 || Evasion - 8 || Strength - 3 || Wisdom - 2 || Arcane power - 8 || Accuracy - 6
29 Nov 2022, 00:28
Debate Club
Welcome! I suggest you be a speaker, since we desperately need one, if you agree, I’ll owl you some details.Billy Parker wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 21:10 Name: Billy Parker
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I believe I need to gain some confidence, from what my family says. There are always a lot of things going through my mind and perhaps this can be some good experience.
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Really any position is fine...Any position that is needed at least. Though, a speaker or a judge may get me out of my comfort zone.
OOC debating experience (needed!): I have been in many debates, even outside of the debate club. I haven't participated in a debate club, but I do have experience with being a speaker and presenting the evidence we have. I usually make a small script before hand so I know what to say. I also usually take the role in researching anything we need to know.
A heart as cold as ice; a mind as hard as stone.
29 Nov 2022, 00:31
Debate Club
A speaker will be alright. When you have the time you can go ahead and owl me all of the details!Cynthia Beaufort wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 00:28Welcome! I suggest you be a speaker, since we desperately need one, if you agree, I’ll owl you some details.Billy Parker wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 21:10 Name: Billy Parker
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I believe I need to gain some confidence, from what my family says. There are always a lot of things going through my mind and perhaps this can be some good experience.
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Really any position is fine...Any position that is needed at least. Though, a speaker or a judge may get me out of my comfort zone.
OOC debating experience (needed!): I have been in many debates, even outside of the debate club. I haven't participated in a debate club, but I do have experience with being a speaker and presenting the evidence we have. I usually make a small script before hand so I know what to say. I also usually take the role in researching anything we need to know.
Stamina - 8 || Evasion - 8 || Strength - 3 || Wisdom - 2 || Arcane power - 8 || Accuracy - 6
29 Nov 2022, 16:43
Debate Club
Name: Katherine Ortiz
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I really like debating with my friends and also want to have an experience in it here.
What position do you want?: Researcher (I can be a Spectator for now, if needed)
OOC debating experience: I only have 2 years of experience with it. Attended 5 debates and won 3 of them.
Trust your own instincts and follow your heart
30 Nov 2022, 00:16
Debate Club
Ok, you’ll have to spectate this one though.Katherine Ortiz wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 16:43Name: Katherine Ortiz
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I really like debating with my friends and also want to have an experience in it here.
What position do you want?: Researcher (I can be a Spectator for now, if needed)
OOC debating experience: I only have 2 years of experience with it. Attended 5 debates and won 3 of them.
A heart as cold as ice; a mind as hard as stone.
30 Nov 2022, 03:34
Debate Club
Cynthia Beaufort wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 00:16Ok, you’ll have to spectate this one though.Katherine Ortiz wrote: 29 Nov 2022, 16:43Name: Katherine Ortiz
Year: First
House: Slytherin
Why do you want to sign up?: I really like debating with my friends and also want to have an experience in it here.
What position do you want?: Researcher (I can be a Spectator for now, if needed)
OOC debating experience: I only have 2 years of experience with it. Attended 5 debates and won 3 of them.![]()
It's still great. Thanks for accepting me.
Trust your own instincts and follow your heart
30 Nov 2022, 22:19
Debate Club
Hey Cynthia if you’re looking for members I used to run a debate club. A couple of them might be interested!
insert something cool
1 Dec 2022, 00:15
Debate Club
Those who join now would only be able to spectate but sure!Taisia Elidine Stroudefielde wrote: 30 Nov 2022, 22:19 Hey Cynthia if you’re looking for members I used to run a debate club. A couple of them might be interested!
A heart as cold as ice; a mind as hard as stone.
4 Aug 2023, 09:32
Debate Club
Sign up form:
Name: Estelle Nyx
Year: Second
House: Gryffindor
Why do you want to sign up?: Sounds like fun
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Speaker
OOC debating experience (needed!) Second nationally in the UK Debate Mate Cup 2023 (4+ years of experience and debating and have done debate in both primary and secondary school)
Have won 8/10 debates in secondary school
Additional info (if any): none
Name: Estelle Nyx
Year: Second
House: Gryffindor
Why do you want to sign up?: Sounds like fun
What position do you want? (Speaker, researcher or judge): Speaker
OOC debating experience (needed!) Second nationally in the UK Debate Mate Cup 2023 (4+ years of experience and debating and have done debate in both primary and secondary school)
Have won 8/10 debates in secondary school
Additional info (if any): none
Ernest and Estelle's You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough |
4 Aug 2023, 09:38
Debate Club
This is closed for sign ups!!
It passed you up and slipped you by. But we're all bound to end up back to where we started
. Thanks for accepting me.