Register
Sign in
14 Aug 2022, 12:41
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: click
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: The Muggle Condition
Describe why this fits your character: WC 608
Reducio
If we talk about Miss Paisley as a child of the tenth years of the XXI century, then it is difficult to call her technologically advanced. But it is not very far from modern technologies either. The girl was born in a Muggle family, so from birth she is surrounded by the benefits of modern humanity.

She used to wake up with an alarm clock in her electronic watch, check the messenger on the way to the bathroom, flip the light switch, heat milk in the microwave, listen to the noise of the coffee maker at breakfast, take the bus to school, watch educational films on the wall with a projector and play on her smartphone during lessons when no one is watching. And after school, she walked home past flickering advertisements and traffic lights and watched TV in the evenings. This is her usual day. However, there is something that does not allow her to go beyond that. The fact is that technology, let's say, "dislikes" she. Perhaps it's her magic gift, or maybe it's just bad luck, but most of the electrical appliances fail if they come into contact with the girl too often and too closely. Even though she knows how to handle them properly. She even read all the instructions for her new mobile phone, but still tries to pull it out of her pocket less often and open the protective case. Sometimes the wires simply deteriorate or the screen crumbles into pixels, but sometimes there is spontaneous combustion of equipment, and knocking out traffic jams throughout the building. An indicative phenomenon can be considered the fact that Mr. Paisley, Peggy's father, plays the electric guitar and would like to share his hobby with his offspring, but nevertheless never gives his precious instrument into his daughter's hands, considering it a bad idea.

Therefore, the girl spends much less time on gadgets than her peers, even if she really wants to. Everyone just knows what it can be fraught with.

But there is something that no one will take away from Peggy Paisley.

On the very first day at Hogwarts, an incident occurred. In the morning, several freshmen, including Peggy, crowded into the hallway. They exclaimed in surprise and annoyance. Almost every one of them was holding a smartphone or a portable game console. They have already tried several button combinations and even started looking for a paper clip or a needle to reset the firmware. "What's wrong with these?!" one of the students exclaimed. Peggy also took out her phone and pressed the unlock button. It showed no signs of life. "These are all right," the girl said gloomily. She had already guessed what had happened.

"Fools!!!" one boy shouted, several other students hooted. "Your toys are just pieces of shit here. You didn't even know about it! Lie down and die without your muggle trinkets." In the souls of disappointed teenagers, this attack was equivalent to the effect of a burst firecracker. They really forgot to warn them about this nuance. Paisley pushed those who stood in her way and came forward. "Oh, and this is a pure-blooded magician himself, unable to wipe his nose with a handkerchief without resorting to magic. To magic on the part of his mom, because he himself is just a useless TROLL!". The insulter's face turned purple. "You..." he hissed, and his hand jerked towards the wand. But Peggy was quicker. With a precise movement of her foot, she kicked him under the knee. "Well done! I praise you for your courage!" she said quickly and immediately dived into the crowd to escape before he came to his senses.

This user is in the process of learning English. If you find a spelling mistakes or absurd wording, please let me know. Thanks.
15 Aug 2022, 09:21
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Marisa Fraser | First Year | Slytherin
Name of the Ability that you are applying for: Keen Eye
Describe why this fits your character: 491 words
Reducio
Marisa has always been a clever and observant child. Her father always jokes that she got his looks and temperament, but her mother’s brains - which is a rather accurate statement. Although her OCD isn’t nearly as severe as her mother’s, Marisa did start to display some of those same obsessive, compulsive tendencies from a very young age. The need for routine, cleanliness and order, the compulsive urge to double-check everything, and the love of symmetry and patterns allows her to notice immediately when something is a little off or out of place.

For instance, when Marisa was eight years old, she noticed that one particular book in the old Fraser Manor library didn’t quite seem to fit with those around it. It didn’t really stand out in any obvious way, but the single golden F on the deep purple spine - the official family colours - just struck her as odd among the old Herbology texts. It was too high up for her to reach, so she let it be, at first, but with each passing day, the oddity bothered her more and more until finally, she couldn’t stand it anymore.

She retrieved the old armchair from its spot by the window and pushed it up to the shelf, climbing onto it so that she could reach the book, but when she tried to pull it out, it didn’t budge. After a short, fruitless struggle, Marisa was ready to call Ziggy in for assistance, but as her fingers trailed down the spine of the book, the F suddenly dissolved into a series of smaller, golden letters. “If sanc-tu-a-ry ye seek, come Fraser blood and speak,” she read, and as soon as the words were spoken, Marisa suddenly passed through the shelf like it was an illusion, and fell right through to the other side.

She would later learn that this forgotten little secret room and passage way had been built for members of the family to retreat to if the manor was ever under attack, and that the book had been enchanted so that only someone with Fraser blood could read the golden text. It was one of many hidden secrets she would discover around the manor in the years to come, much to the delight of Malcolm, the ghost of the ancestor who had built the house some five centuries ago.

Marisa also had a talent for finding missing objects, which quickly turned into a game between her and her father. Before he set off for work in the morning, Andrew would hide a little golden dragon figurine somewhere in the manor, and if Marisa managed to find it before he returned home that evening, she won that round - which was the result, more often than not. Even as Andrew’s tactics became more elaborate over the years, involving multiple clues and riddles and even magic, which Ziggy would perform for Marisa only once she’d provided the required password.

Do not underestimate me, for someday, I shall rattle the stars…
Sta 5 | Eva 4 | Str 2 | Wis 10 | AP 7 | Acc 7
16 Aug 2022, 15:42
Regina Miller wrote: 6 Jul 2022, 16:06 Link to ency: here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Terrible Presence
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
During Regina's entire childhood, she had not once knew a normal, loving family. Every fault was met with severe punishments that gradually hardened her into a cold, hostile and inhospitable person she was today. She grew up in a household where fear was discipline and the more pure, passionate emotions were conditioned out of her in favour of becoming a calculated and 'perfect' Pureblood Heiress. It was a grueling environment where Regina had to suffer countless harsh penances for every time she'd tried to step out of line and go against her strict parents' ideals. The absurd expectations they unforgivingly imposed upon her weighed the witch down greatly, and she was still much too young to deal with the psychological repercussions.

Until one day, Regina finally snapped.

For thirteen years of her life, she had to endure the abuse and kept silent at the expanse of her emotional stability. Even the constant torment coming from a jealous older sister and the spells thrown between them were enough to open a floodgate of resentment and anger. What had transcribed during the first week of July was the very last straw. Regina was done listening and obeying her abusive parents. She would not allow herself to fall into the same toxic cycle again - she was going to fight back.

She spoke less, and seethed more. She learned to quiet her steps whenever she approached and let her magical aura conveyed her dark emotions. More often than not, she would succeed in frightening her parents with how she always crept up to them with such an intimidating silence and a somber, almost poisonous glare in her eyes. Regina would stare at them eerily until whatever lecturing they were giving her ceased abruptly because of the discomfort hanging in the air. Even her own siblings had taken to be wary of their youngest's presence, never daring to come near because of how sharply her words cut. It was as though Regina had become an entirely different person, her heavy silence and intense glares pushing away any attempt at conversation. If they did not have anything nice to say to her, than they shall not speak to her at all.

It was only after Regina had run away from the Miller Manor days later that she realised she had changed fundamentally. Her pent up suffering and hatred had broken free at last - manifesting into an intimidating aura that scared off every single person who crossed her path with its omni-presence. Good, Regina thought. If it was a way for her to keep every other people who could potentially hurt her at a distance, then she'd learn to use whatever this was to her advantage. She didn't have to be afraid of her parents anymore. She'd finally be the one they'd fear instead.
WC: 467

Terrible Presence is not a super power. You wouldn't have a push force. Or flying hair that makes you look like a banshee. You have a terrible presence because you act a certain way and make clear due to standard social behavior that you don't want to be around people.
Update: appropriate changes have been made in my application.

sta • 9 | eva • 11 | str • 4
VICIOUS⠀PREDATOR
wis • 12 | arc • 11 | acc • 12
⠀⠀⠀Regina Miller
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀Henri de Bourbon
Prodigal DADA | Perfectionist | TP
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
LC | Nonverbal | ability
17 Aug 2022, 06:38
Link to Ency
Applying for Y2 Ability: Lovely Creature

PLEASE Owl/ping me when reviewed
Reducio
One of the problem with being Hui Ming, unfortunately, was the the boy simply did not perceive things the way others did. Ming would describe himself as proper, dutiful and diligent; rather than how people would describe those same traits – stuck up, snobby, and obsessive. Similarly, Ming would describe himself as meticulous and well-groomed; not distractingly beautiful.
And to some extent it was true. Ming did spend more time than he would like to admit on his appearance, ensuring not only that the clothes were without crease marks and that his hair was perfectly set, but that the fitting and material of his clothes spoke for itself. Nothing ostentatious, of course, but one must always present their best selves to the world, no?
It worked fine for his first year, and made the quiet formal boy come across as a more serious, rational, and grown-up version of himself to those that did not know him well. The problem, of course was that he had now reached puberty.
There was something to be said for the power of hormones and human bodies to change with age.
Sure, Ming had been blessed with the good genes of his family. Many people – from his friends Avery Chen to the perpetual bane of his existence (rival?) Hildegard Schneider – had noted outright that he had exceptional genes and good bone structure; that he was handsome in some sense.
Aging over the summer had only exacerbated those traits. He had gained some height and cut a leaner, more attractive figure. He had also discovered the subtle but powerful impact of makeup. Nothing blatant and crass, like so many were wont to do. But just a little concealer here to hide the tiredness in his face, just a little bit of blush to accentuate his cheekbones. Perhaps some lip balm?
Nothing too fancy in his opinion, and definitely nothing over-the-top. But the combination of good genes, good hygiene, proper care and effort, and a subtle hand in makeup tended to have a synergistic effect – the sum was greater than the combination of its parts.
Unbeknowst to Ming, who still thought of himself as a child playing the adult, each of the aforementioned factors added on to his inherent tilt towards prettiness. And the final result?
Well, even someone as scrutinizing and exacting as his mother had admitted that Ming presented himself well. And if that is the case, mere students at Hogwarts stood no chance.

[Word count: 408]

The curtains fell. And the silence was deafening
21 Aug 2022, 00:58
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Dhampir
Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
Phil doesn't remember much of the night his life was changed completely. He does remember what was caused after it, the panic and muddled emotions from that night. Becoming an outcast no longer normal. No longer human. No longer 'Phil'. Somebody else had taken his place, continuously having nightmares. Eyes becoming duller every time he looked in the mirror. The slight changes to his appearance as the days went by. Phillip doesn't remember the night he became a dhampir. His mind snuffing out the flickering candlelight. Plunging his memories of that night into darkness never to be recalled when the boy was concious. The one thing the boy does remember, the one thing this newly invented Phil could recall; where the dreams, more specifically the feelings of that dream. The pain, the curiosity, the fear.

---

Cold water dripped from my face as a waterfall of water made contact with the sinks floor. In fear of looking up I splashed more onto my skin, in a futile hope that it would all go away. Looking up into the silver mirror I saw him. A boy around my own age, with the same unknotted brown hair parted to the side. Water droplets dripping off the ends of the brown strands sticking to his unnerving white skin. A slight yellow undertone giving the boy a permeant sickly parlor, deep green eyes looking into my own. Eyelids drooping down low, the ends of his mouth slightly tugging downwards. A deep sadness lay behind those dark emerald green eyes his disheveled appearance only adding onto it. A dark yellow jumper slightly too big for him paired with light gray pants. I couldn't help but wonder why this boy looked back at me and not my own reflection as the boy forced a smile for me. Where where my jade green eyes, my skin and its healthy undertone, where where my canines? I still couldn't accept the reflection staring back at me. It just wasn't possible. How could I have come to look like.. like this?

Grabbing a white cloth I hurredly scrubbed my face. Only to look up and see him once more. At some point I would be forced to come to rems with my new appearance, but I wasn't ready to accept it quite yet. With a sigh I shoved the train of thought away, I could dwell on it tomorrow. For now I desperately needed sleep. Crashing onto the forest green covers I subsumed to the weight of my eyelids. Letting them close as I drifted into slumber.

---

Turning the page of my book I looked at the alarm clock that sat on my nightstand. Watching as another minute had passed, it was getting late. I should call it a night, yet I didn't feel tired. I felt restless, jitters that refused to go away. Something felt off though I had no idea what. If I could just place my tongue on it then maybe I wouldn't feel so strange? With a sigh I rubbed my hand across my face. My glasses lifting above it with a creak as they moved in ways they where never intended. Leaning over to my nightstand I opened the top drawer and placed the book I was reading into it. Shutting the drawer closed I carefully removed my glasses as I placed them next to the lamp. Tugging on the metal string attached to it my room was casted in shadows. In the corner of my eye I watched as the curtains swayed fear bubbling up before I redbird that the fan was running. Falling back down into the mattress as my head was caught by pillows. Laying there my nerves started to lessen and I began to nod off into peaceful slumber.

Hearing a creak in my half-awake state my eyes shot open, as I heard shuffling footsteps coming towards me. That creak wasn't the for, my door made a sound that stood up above others. Quickly shooting up I saw a figure in my room that came to a still when I noticed them. We looked at each other in silence for what felt like an eternity as my mind went into full blown panic mode. I went to reach out for the book nestled in my nightstand, anything that could fend the intruder off as the dark figure lunged at me. My head slammed agasint the wall dazing me, giving the intruder enough time to grab me. Trying my hardest to get them off me as my body fought me. No longer on my side, as I relented to the throbbing pain in the back of my head and the dull ringing in my ears. A soothing voice lulled me into sleeping. Unable to discern them as my own thoughts trying to escape this pain with unconsciousness or if it was the voice of the intruder; I slept.

---

Awaking in a cold sweat I clutched my yellow jumper as my heart pounded in my chest. It was so loud I could have sworn anybody near me could hear it. I tried to recall the dream that sent me into such a frenzied state, only greeted with a dark figure coming from a window and pain. Scowling at how muddled my memory of the dream was after just awaking from it. Turning on my lamp I walked into the bathroom just near my own bedroom walking in to the sight of the brand new Phil. Going through my daily morning routine only returning for my glasses. Quickly eating breakfast and slinging on my heavy pack as I headed to the bus stop for school. I would be a bit early today and have to wait longer for the bus; but at least the walk there would put me at ease. Lately I kept having the dreams of which I could only assume where the night I was turned. Taking off my backpack to place it on the sidewalk I winced as I agitated a sunburn I had gotten previously.

Why did that thing have to come into my room that night? Why was it my life was ruined, why is it now I look like a walking corpse and burn so easily? Why do I have to keep myself from talking as much as possible in case anybody notices my missing canines? Why couldn't it be anyone else? Why me?
Word Count: 1,063
Stat Change If Approved:
| Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 4 | Strength: 2 | Wisdom: 7 | ArcPower: 6 | Accuracy: 6 |
22 Aug 2022, 16:41
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Here (applying for Index Registration concurrently to this)
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Metamorphmagus
Reducio
By the time Liliana Cruz García got married, she had not used her special talents in years. Two years, to be exact; which was when she had met her husband, fallen for him head over heels and then found out that his family viewed what she could do as a flaw, an impurity of her blood. Not that they cared much about blood otherwise; Liliana was far from pureblooded and had told her husband as much on their very first date. That her mother was a Metamorphmagus and that she, in turn, had inherited that trait, was something she'd been less open about, which had turned out to be the correct choice if she wanted to marry into the Torres family. It hadn't felt like a big sacrifice to get what she wanted, why would you need the power to change your face when there was someone who loved you as you were?

Their marriage was happy, they were young and in love, and while her husband wanted childen, when Liliana asked to wait, he agreed. It seemed the easy way out, not having to risk revealing herself. Her mother didn't approve, of course, but wasn't it Liliana's choice to make?

As it turned out, it was not always a choice. Sometimes things simply didn't go as you had planned, and when Liliana realised that her period was two weeks late, all that was left for her was to hope that her child wouldn't inherit her abilities, or that her husband loved her enough to see beyond her secrets. He did love her as she was, after all.

Nine months later, when a baby boy was born whose hair changed colour three times within the first hour of his life, saw both of these hopes dashed. It pained him, he said, but he could not stay with someone who had lied at him for so long.

It didn't make for a very happy childhood, growing up without a father and with a mother who was doing her best to not blame him for something that she knew wasn't his fault but never quite succeeded, so going to school was a relief, and when he had graduated and had the opportunity to leave for good, Gabriel Torres Cruz made use of the chance without looking back.

He also vowed to not repeat his mother's mistakes. Instead of hiding them, Gabriel made frequent and obvious use of his abilities as a Metamorphmagus, and when he met Sorcha, she could guess what he was within five minutes, and she didn't mind... that part. The drunk passes he made at her from across the pub were a different story, but they were nothing that couldn't be fixed when he returned to town two weeks later with a sincere apology and a charming smile.

Their older daughter was blessed with the same gift, and it was a happy discovery rather than an unwelcome one. Méabh's happiest memories of her father were later of him playing around to entertain her, changing his nose, his mouth, making his eyes cartoonishly big and his nose pointy to match. Teasing her about her hair changing colour when she was sulking, despite her insisting she wasn't. She was encouraged to be open and proud about her abilities - as long as she was not around Muggles, of course - and that was what she grew up to be, changing her hair on a whim when didn't yet have the control to do more. When she did... the potential for pranks was near limitless.

587 words
Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system:
STA 8 ▪ EVA 12 ▪ STR 5
WIS 14 ▪ ARC 10 ▪ ACC 16
26 Aug 2022, 21:13
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Alora J. Graves' Encyclopedia
Name of Ability Applying for: Cat's Grace
Cat's Grace: If It Fits It Sits
Describe why this fits your character :
Reducio
Alora is a short individual, and heights have been the bane of her existence for all of her life really. As such, she’s had to find other means to achieve her ends. From climbing to jumping, she’s learned to get where she needs to be by any means necessary. As the youngest of six siblings, she's learned rather quickly that there are times when being quiet is in her best interest. Especially if she's got something worth their attention, like a snack or chocolates. It doesn't help that her mother seems to have eyes on the back of her head when it comes to crisps and their whereabouts, she’s learned to be quiet as a mouse when reaching for those, which seem to be placed higher and higher out of her reach.

From climbing counters to reach illicit food items hidden in the higher parts of cabinets to eavesdropping on her older siblings, Alora has a great deal of experience when it comes to living in the shadows. In fact, she's learned early on that being quiet and subtracting herself from gazes allows her to gain information and apply it at a later date. If she hadn't heard about Nadia's plans to sneak out one night, she wouldn't have gotten to play on the switch for a few hours, and she wouldn't have known if she hadn't learned to be extremely quiet in her motions. It helps that she's extremely light. Though she can easily eat her weight in fatty foods, Alora doesn't seem to gain a single pound. Some of her siblings have threatened to put a bell around her neck if she doesn't make her presence known - especially when she uses it to get something out of them. It's the least she can do when they ruthlessly leave nothing behind or leave her with hand-me-downs. A girl has to do what a girl has to do.

Though she's never been physically struck, she has rough housed with her siblings. Fear has always been a great motivator for certain responses, and this is certainly one of those. Being quiet and graceful wasn't always the case for Alora, it's something she practiced. She was merely lucky her physical disposition made it easier for her to achieve it as quickly as she did. By four she was a master of walking in the shadows be it for a glass of water in the moonlight to not offend her mother by not sleeping through the night, or to not be accused by a sibling of bothering them in their tight quarters. Growing up she shared her bedroom with two of her siblings as long as she could remember and waking either of them lead to drama.
455 words
Mod note: your character plays the switch but lives in a magical household, from what I understand. This wouldn't be possible. Please edit your application accordingly or leave a note if I misunderstood.
My character has a magical brother in a muggle household. Mother is a squib and thus excluded from the magical world.

Last edited by Alora J. Graves on 22 Sep 2022, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

STA 8 • EVA 8 • STR 4 • WIS 6 • ARC 6 • ACC 8
#219a82 | C A T 'S G R A C E + Muggle Condition
27 Aug 2022, 03:04
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Lilith Wolfram
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Lycanthropy

Reducio
How did I become a werewolf? Good question. Well the short answer is that I did a stupid thing and got bitten. That's not the answer you want though is it? Okay, I will tell you what happened in full.

It was during one of my camping trips with father. We always spend a week or two of summer out in a forest near our home town. I had just turned nine. Well just is a little bit of an exaggeration since my birthday had been almost a month prior to this, but anyway. I was nine at the time. We had just had a really good day. It started off like most days; wake up, go through a quick morning routine, collect water from the stream for father's coffee, make breakfast, eat down by the river...okay I get it you're not interested in the day, you're interested in the night. You have to understand though, this memory isn't a pleasant one for me. I'm just trying to delay actually talking about it. But fine.

After a normal day, father warned me to stay inside the tent that night. I asked why, of course, but the only answer he had for me was that something didn't feel right. Neither of us had realised that it was to be a full moon. Even if we had realised I doubt that we would have ever guessed that there was a werewolf in the area. Well I tried to do as father had told me to do and stay inside the tent all night, but sometimes no amount of willpower will stop you needing the bathroom. Yes, yes, I know. The tent was magic and thus had more space than an ordinary one. It allowed us to have bookshelves and separate bedrooms. Even a sitting area. So why didn't we have a toilet inside like some magic tents do? Simple. We were camping in a muggle area. The last thing we needed was for some nosy muggle to come into our tent and see a mansion. Slightly bigger is one thing, decked out with all you could ever desire is another.

Anyway, I went outside to relieve myself. That went all fine. It was the noise as I began to return to the tent that wasn't. See, upon hearing twigs snapping and the sound of something in pain, a normal person...a sane person, would return to the tent and the comfort of their parent. Right? Well obviously I'm not sane. Or at least not in that moment. My curiosity got the better of me and I just had to check up on the poor thing that was hurt. Big mistake. Like, huge mistake. The creature in pain? That was a now dead deer. The cause? A moon crazed werewolf who didn't like to have his dinner interrupted. I tried backing away, but too late, I was already noticed. The werewolf leaped at me with the most hideous snarl. It wasn't natural. I don't think even real wolves can sound like that. I remember gasping and trying to run. Then there was pain in my leg. I can't even begin to describe. It was something like getting a paper cut. But instead of one tiny area, it's in the form of three deep, long scratches.

I'm not ashamed to admit, I began to cry from that pain. Instinct for survival had kicked in though. So even though I was now laying face-down on the ground and crying I tried to get away. I think I ended up on the ground like that because the werewolf had pulled me down by my leg. I can't really remember that much in clear details. I don't want to. That night was terrifying. Especially when it howled. I...I don't like remembering that howl. It was horrifying. I rolled over, turning to face the werewolf. I remember thinking that I didn't want to die with my back turned to my murderer. I suppose that saved me somewhat, because when the werewolf leaped at me again I put my arms up. It bit deep into my arm. The pain...it was worse than that in my leg which felt like it was on fire. This...it was as if my arm was being compressed with knives stabbing into several areas. I wanted to scream in pain. I don't know why I couldn't. I only sobbed.

For a brief moment, my eyes met that of the werewolf's. There was no kindness. No sympathy. Just...blood lust. And...glee. It was enjoying seeing me in pain. I knew I was going to die. I was going to die purely because I had had to pee. It was so pathetic. Then the werewolf released my arm and reared back, ready to bite my face or neck. It didn't get the chance, however. Father hit it with a spell. I've never seen him look so angry...so scared. The werewolf growled at father and he hit it with another spell before telling it to leave. His voice...it was so cold. I don't ever want to hear father like that again. Another spell and the werewolf finally decided to back off, but only a little ways. Still, it was enough for father to take the chance to pick me up. I was sobbing and crying in his arms while he aimed his wand at the werewolf. Slowly he got me back into our tent. I don't know what happened after father had set me down on his bed because I think I passed out.

When I awoke, it was day. My arm and leg were aching but bound. Father had a grim look on his face and our camping trip was ended then and there. He took me to Saint Mungos so that my injuries could be treated properly. I was lucky to survive...

How has lycanthropy changed me? You mean aside from the fact that I now turn into a wolf every full moon right? Father says I became shyer. I prefer to think of it as more cautious. Just because I didn't die that time doesn't mean I won't next time. So I have to ensure a next time doesn't come. I also have to be careful. If the wrong people find out what I am...well werewolves might be accepted here at Hogwarts but that doesn't remain true everywhere.

Physically I'm not much different to how I would have been if I had stayed in the tent the entire night. Of course I have scars on my left leg from the scratch and scars on my right arm from the bite. I keep them covered up though. Don't need anyone asking about those.

Other changes? My sense of smell is a lot stronger. It's awful back home. Do you know how much exhaust fumes stink? Crowds are also awful...so many people don't clean themselves properly. I guess that's also part of why I avoid people now. They smell gross. I also noticed my hearing is a little better than it used to be. Other than that, I have definitely gained a preference for meat over other foods.

Word Count: 1189

IN CASE YOU ARE APPLYING FOR A SPECIAL RACE OR RARE TALENT: Please list out your stats using the 6-point stat system: This will serve as your change/update to your stats as well.
| Stamina: 6 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 3 |
| Wisdom: 7 | Arcane Power: 4 | Accuracy: 5 |

Student is not yet in index. Trunk was locked.
27 Aug 2022, 10:59
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Efelion Berrendow
Name of Ability Applying for: Charmer

Reducio
Efelion had always been quite witty for his age and not bad of a good looker as well, his parents always re-affirmed his amusing behavior and banter. family friends and acquaintances would always compliment Efelion or his ability to take center stage as a young child. Always being able to get someone's attention with a joke or trying to look like the perfect boy when people were around. It was no surprise that he was this way for his parents were (although dull) quite good-looking themselves and his father had a great sense of humor which Efelion took on at a certain age.

His banter came from the children of family friends with who he would often spend time at dinner parties, usually, they would sling light-hearted insults as jokes at one another when playing a game of tag or would try and make fun of one another whilst hiding away for hide and seek. By the end of the night, Efelion had normally coaxed the entire group of children into balls of energy which would later have to be dealt with by their parents as they took riled-up children home late at night.

Efelion's parents would often let him get away with things quite often as he would simply put on an act of innocence even when he really did intentionally try to use the mailing owl to send a letter to a friend without permission from his family. Or would accidently break one of his father's pot plants out the back but was able to convince him it was the fault of a stray cat that had jumped over the fence. He was always able to make people forget what they were doing or why they were mad.

Once growing up a little more however Efelion no longer intentionally tries to charm people with his looks or his wit, but instead, it became more natural. It became a part of his personality. Rather than using it to get out of trouble he just finds himself in odd situations due to his natural charm, "easily likable but not un-hatable" was the way someone once describe him

Word Count:375
Character Stats Below
Reducio
Stamina:5
Evasion:5
Strength:5
Wisdom:7
Arcane Power:7
Accuracy: 6
Total:35
Items were removed
WC has to be 400

Explorative book worm
28 Aug 2022, 20:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Avery
Name of the Ability that you are applying for: Obnoxiously Strong
Describe why this fits your character: 472 words
Reducio
When your family are the proprietors of a fair few acres of farmland, hard work and physical exertion are generally a given for one's childhood. Though the youngest of the McCall siblings, Avery was not exempt from the multitude of daily chores that farmland necessitated. The girl grew to find enjoyment in the monotony of the daily tasks, however. It provided a constant. When on her own it was always a quiet time to think, while still keeping physically busy. While she worked alongside her siblings, the three were quick to find ways to make busy mornings and afternoons more enjoyable through an assortment of races and challenges.

Some daily tasks were more enjoyable than others. Avery particularly enjoyed feeding time, despite the fact that it often involved shifting around heavy (for her young age) bags of feed or dragging along small bales of hay. The small flock of sheep were a particular favorite. The girl would often take a little extra time on the task to simply spend some time amongst the relatively passive animals. Milking the small collection of dairy cows wasn't a task she hated, but wasn't among her favorite. This was likely due to the numerous times she'd accidentally knocked over or tripped while carrying the pails of milk away. She'd only tried to lie once about the low quantity the day provided, her botched effort at a lie quickly giving her away.

While working on tasks together, it was common for Avery and her brother to devolve into playful wrestling matches. It wasn't rare for him to tease her about her height or age, and with the six year age gap, the difference was readily apparent. While she initially hated the teasing, it quickly became a common joke among the two. Avery took up a personal challenge to keep working to best him, and would often try and sneak up on him while he did his own chores to try and take advantage of the element of surprise. While she's not yet been fully successful, she's remained determined to best him one day. She only hopes the coming years will be on her side as she grows.

When she's not helping with the animals, Avery often helps her mother in the garden. Primarily vegetables and herbs, it takes consistent maintenance to clear out any surprise weeds. As she grew older, the girl became more insistent that she could handle some of the more difficult tasks. From toiling away at tilling the soil when it came time, to dragging and spreading fertilizer down each row, she was never afraid of getting a little dirty while working. In fact, she's grown to enjoy the slight ache that accompanies physical exertion, as it allows her to relax more after all is said and done at the end of the day.

AveryNikolai
sta • 9 | eva • 10 | str • 8 | wis • 5 | arc • 4 | acc • 8