Register
Sign in
26 Jun 2022, 02:25
DO NOT POST HERE: Application for Magical Races/Talents and Special Abilities
Link to your encyclopedia thread: https://hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?p=434703#p434703
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Charmer
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it): Bubba was always a fairly average-looking boy, certainly not bad looking but also not pretty enough to stop traffic, but his father had the gift of gab that makes for a successful politician and he certainly passed that on to Bubba. From the first days that he could talk in semi-complete sentences, Bubba had a certain quality about him that made him the center of attention. From his first days in his muggle primary school, his teachers would always be eager to tell his parents how he was a wonderful child. He was always extremely polite and courteous to his teachers and classmates.

One of his father's favorite stories was taking him and his mother to Dublin on a day trip. They made a stop and took a tour of the Guinness brewery. All through the tour, Bubba was talking to anyone who would listen about how they had just moved over from America, how different Ireland was from their home in Boston, and what he liked more about Ireland than he did about America. Bubba's parents were worried that he would annoy the tour guides and other tourists, but they all loved him and how polite and funny he was (although of course, part of that may have been the fact that he was seven and they were just being nice).

Once they had been living in Ireland for a bit longer and had started to establish themselves, Bubba's father tried to get a job doing what he knew best: politics. Bubba's father went for a job interview with their local Dáil constituency. Bubba had to go with his father because his mother was taking her father to Saint Mungo's and her father was enough for her to handle on her own without having to take Bubba along with her. Bubba's father apologized and had him wait outside with one of the assistants while he did his interview. When he left he thanked him for his patience and asked if Bubba had been okay, the assistant told him Bubba was polite and endearing, calling him the perfect little gentleman.

Bubba is always easy to get on with for everyone, his courtesy and ability to crack a joke puts people at ease. He's disarming and always draws attention to himself with his quick wit and outgoing personality. While other children try to keep to themselves and stay far from the center of attention, Bubba's mother would always remark how everyone loved him and Mrs. Myers, his 5th grade teacher, said with his silver tongue, he could charm the handle off a cook pot.

Stamina: 5
Evasion: 6
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 8
Arcane Power: 7
Accuracy: 4

Edited because I forgot to include my stats.

Last edited by Bubba McGarry on 27 Jun 2022, 21:31, edited 1 time in total.

STA 6 | EVA 6| STR 5 | WIS 13 | ARC 9 | ACC 7
Charmer, Foul Play
26 Jun 2022, 06:53
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Finn Taylor
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Half-Veela
Describe why this fits your character: 621
Reducio
Veela are described as beautiful fae or nymph-like creatures who appear human-like with white-gold hair, lustrous white skin, and eyes of blue. David had always been interested in the beautiful animals, though he believed they were a myth. David accepted that no mythological creature would ever be confirmed, so the interest was dropped as he grew older.

Kimlin was similar to David, interested in muggles. Muggles and their odd technologies. Kim met David one day as she studied the muggles. David fell deeply for her, writing poems about her and painting portraits. Kim's interest in muggles grew, and she soon put to the test her control over muggles. David would do anything for her; muggles didn't know or follow the wizarding world's rules. This was a loophole she gladly took advantage of. David proposed shortly after their meeting. Kim accepted the proposal and became pregnant with their daughter Diana.

David passed away shortly after Diana's second birthday. Kim had fallen in love with the muggle by now, and the death of her husband affected her greatly. Kim had taught Diana of her veela heritage but omitted to mention wizards. She knew the risks of sharing information about the wizarding world and decided it'd be best to ignore it. This was until Kim met her second husband, Richard. Richard was the sweetest person she'd ever met, and she fell in love with him almost as quickly as he did.

Kim and Richard met when Diana was six. A year later, Kim gave birth to her second daughter, Kory. Richard was unusually tense at times when Kory was younger, and he'd spend more time alone with Kory than Diana. Kim thought it was just Richard favoring his biological daughter. As Kory grew older, she quickly learned that the girl was a wizard. When this was revealed, Richard revealed his pureblood roots, and Kim told Richard that she, and their two daughters, were veela. It was a relief to openly talk of the two worlds with their daughters. However, Diana never seemed to take an interest in either topic. Diana didn't fit the description of veela. She took on her father's genes of dark hair, brown eyes, clever dimples, and sunkissed freckles. Diana couldn't care less about the wizarding world. All the girl cared about was her social life. As she and Kory grew up more, they grew more separate. Kory attended Hogwarts, eventually moving to a wizard-only town with Richard's family closer to her school. Diana, not of magical descent, went to a muggle school where she met James. James and Diana became best friends in the years they'd known each other. James proposed when they were 26 and 23, and three years later, they had their daughter. Faelin was named after Kimlin, and she took on her mother's maiden name. Faelin's name was a recommendation from Kimlin, a play on the veela race and Kim's name. Kim recommended the name to spite her daughter ignoring her heritage, and she blindly took the suggestion.

Faelin was the most beautiful baby they had ever seen, with her mother's dimples, freckles, and eyes. Her hair was lighter than her mother's, similar to her father's. Fae grew up to express that she was a boy. By age six, the child had her first instance of accidental wandless magic; by age seven, she was finally acknowledged as a son. Fae's name was changed to Finn at the child's request. Finn was found out to be a muggle-born wizard at nine. The boy had made a cookie float to himself, and Diana sent her son to live with his aunt, Kory. Kory was informed that the boy was a wizard, so Kory explained his half-veela and wizard heritage.

Stamina: 5
Evasion: 4
Strength: 5
Wisdom: 6
ArcPower: 6
Accuracy: 4

Student is not yet indexed. Trunk was locked

"one of bravery and ambition, one who is lost in his own mind"
28 Jun 2022, 05:11
Link to your encyclopedia thread: viewtopic.php?f=169&t=21843
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Parseltongue
Describe why this fits your character (not why you the player want it):
Reducio
People once said that being a parselmouth is a curse. At first I was raised to believe the same thing but then I learned that both of my father and his parents speak parseltongue, but my mother tried to keep it hidden from my brothers and I. I overheard my mother and paternal grandparents talking in a strange language when I was 8 and asked them what it was. At first they were reluctant to tell me but they then told me that it is “snake language” My mother told me that my father and his parents could speak the language and that they didn’t want me to learn it until I was older. But I slowly began to understand what they are saying. And one day I started to actually understand what my mother was talking about. Ever since I was young my friends and relatives would look at me and tell me that I have hypnotic blue eyes and that I was more mature than boys my age. I would dress more mature and try to talk more mature. One night I asked my mother why she can speak the language and she told me that she studied it with my father so she would be able to communicate with him. But she told me that my father was a very distant relative to Salazar Slytherin himself. It passed on to my fathers parents and then to my father then to my brothers and I. My dads parents were both cousins twice removed. And they fell in love by talking in parseltongue. Ever since I started to be able to speak parseltongue I’ve been able to talk to my family and have them understand me. I’ve had my ups and downs being a parselmouth. I’ve been able to communicate with my family without having to worry about other people knowing what I’m talking about. But I’ve also been singled out for being one. One day I asked my mother why she was able to speak and understand the language if she doesn’t have anyone in her family that speaks parseltongue. Then she explained that my father had taught her how to speak and understand the language so that if anything happened to him she would be able to guide my brothers and I on how to fully understand and speak the language. Once when I was younger my mother brought my brothers and I to a reptile exhibit and I kept hearing a hissing conversation coming from the snake exhibit. And I ran up to the exhibit to find out that they were talking to eachother about what they thought their lunch was going to be. I exclaimed “Mum, The snakes are guessing what they are going to have for lunch!” She grabbed my hand and pulled me to a empty corner and told me I can’t say that out loud because people don’t understand that we can communicate with snakes. As soon as we got home my mother called my grandparents and I was sent to live with them for a while to learn how to communicate with snakes and other parselmouths quietly.

Word Count: 565

Old Stats: Stamina: 6 ~ Evasion: 5 ~ Strength: 6 ~ Wisdom: 5 ~ Arcane Power: 8 ~ Accuracy: 5
New Stats: Stamina: 4 ~ Evasion: 4 ~Strength: 6 ~ Wisdom: 5 ~ Arcane Power: 6 ~ Accuracy: 5

You have to register for a race/talent within 30 days after your validation. You were registered 12 Aug 2021

Herbert A. Lyons
1 Jul 2022, 12:25
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Heree
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Components
Describe why this fits your character: 448
Reducio
If one could describe the condition of Aurora’s room both back home and her bed section in the Ravenclaw dorm, it was chaos. Some might think there must be a burglary going on or someone must have been trying to tamper with her personal belongings whether it was another student or perhaps an unknown entity. Truth to be told, it was just the everyday look of her room which was nothing out of the ordinary. How could someone live in such a disarray, you might ask? It was an ability in itself that not a lot of people possess.

The disorganised look was not only a companion of her room. In fact, her trunk was a depiction of a shipwreck and so was her school bag. A house after an earthquake would be much neater than it. A systematic storage with alphabetical labels could be found inside, with the hope that she would use it for aesthetic purposes. Though, the reality was far from what was planned. She just put thingamabobs without a single care. What made things worse was her tendency to collect things from places she visited whether in nature or indoors. Most of the time, as she accompanied Lucifur for his morning walk, she’d take one or two, sometimes tons of plants and even rocks and put it in her bag, and if she did not forget about it, she’d store them in a safer place, her trunk. Her action was driven by the urge to create something out of it, could be something art and craft for her personal gain or possible presents for those who gained her adoration. But in one hundred cases out of ninety five, those things were left in the darkness of her trunk along with school equipment, some clothes, and snacks.

During family trips, when she got the chance to stay in a hotel with those sugar, salt, pepper, creamer, instant coffee, and whatnot sachets provided, Aurora would take all of them every single day until her final stay because she knew whoever cleaned up the room will fill them up, meaning, she’d get plenty at the end of the vacation. This would come in handy at Hogwarts if the pancakes are not tickling her tastebuds enough, one sugar sachet sprinkled on top. If Lucifur would do his business on the dorm carpet, one sachet of instant coffee for natural odour neutraliser.

That is to say, if anyone needs anything from food to rocks to throw at the imaginary monster that might or might not exist, or if one is just curious to see how messy a person could be, Aurora might be the perfect person to come to.

𝙸 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚕𝚘𝚗𝚐 𝚛𝚘𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚠𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚐𝚎
Terrible Presence • Evasive Maneuvers • Components • Sta 7 | Eva 15 | Str 5 | Wis 8 | Arc 4 | Acc 15 • AR
Charmer • Perfectionist • Spell Spread • Sta 10 | Eva 8 | Str 7 | Wis 9 | Arc 6 | Acc 8 • RM
1 Jul 2022, 12:45
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Trunk
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: The Muggle Condition
Describe why this fits your character:
Reducio
Flash had always been a child of two worlds, his family having relations in both the muggle world and the wizarding world. More often than not, his time at home was spent as any other muggle child, access to a smartphone being one of the most obvious differences. Besides that though, his father and his business existed purely in the muggle realm. When Flash would visit his father over summer, it was usually by means of volunteer work at the stables he owned.

He enjoyed visiting them when he was a small child, finding fascination in the large majestic horses. He needed to be reminded then of the strict boundary between him and those who were employed or otherwise patrons of the stable-- he could not mention magic. During the last summer when he volunteered to work there again, he would be given an additional warning-- no magic of any kind. Unlike at the Holmwood mansion where a single spell during a ball would go undetected, any spellcasting at the Lake District Stables would not only be grounds for expulsion, but a smear on the entire Holmwood name as a mixed family with the intension of continuing business in the Muggle world.

It had been Flash's mother who introduced magic to the Holmwood family. His father's legacy stretched into generations of muggle bloodstock agents far into the past, from America to France. With his mother's arrival, three of their children would find their way to Hogwarts to learn the art. One of them, Flash's older sister and teacher of etiquette, would turn out to be a squib, no more equipped to use magic than her father.

His sister Mari would be instrumental in raising Flash, imparting the manners and hygiene expected of a proper youth, and none of it in the slightest related to the magical world. At his father's stables as well, he would need to do every job the way a muggle would do it. No shortcuts, no magical solutions to problems. Lifting, stacking, cleaning, and fixing was all done by hand.

This would form a natural bias that he would struggle to resolve in his early years, as no amount of practice seemed to bridge the gap. Spells would fail, and be weak once produced. At some point, he resigned himself to the fact that magic could not be relied upon. Physical strength and cunning would not fail him like magic did. As far as he could tell, the only point in learning magic was to defend oneself against the constant threat of it.
Word count: 427/400

For we dreamed a lot//And we schemed a lot//And we tried to sing of love before the stage fell apart
Sta: 9 ★Eva: 5 ★Str: 7 ★Wis: 15 ★AP: 3 ★Acc: 15
1 Jul 2022, 12:51
APPLICATION FOR YEAR 2 ABILITY - WANDMAKER

Wand Wood | Dogwood. It’s an obvious choice for a character such as Maggie Hawkins, who is loud and brash and not subtle at all. A dogwood wand’s inability to perform nonverbal spells would evenly match Maggie, who has never known a moment of shutting her mouth. Much like the dogwood wand, Maggie is mischievous and spritely, but capable of powerful magic when she is afforded the opportunity and ability to perform it. It is often said that a wand is a companion, with a personality of its own, and Maggie would be a perfect pair to a dogwood wand. A partner in crime.
WC | 101
Wand Core | Dragon heartstring, specifically the Chinese Fireball variety. Extravagant and over-the-top in her presentation, Maggie would do well with a dragon heartstring wand in the first place. Dragon heartstring is known for its adaptability, something that Maggie does boast. She is flexible and adaptable, willing to change her mind for self-preservation, something that is quite valued by her. As a Slytherin, her self-preservation instincts are off the charts, and she values her safety greatly. Because of this, she is susceptible to change, something that dragon heartstring wands do well with. Accident prone (the most accident prone of the three Ollivander’s most-used cores), Maggie is as clumsy as the wand which she would proudly be the owner of. The Chinese Fireball heartstring, in particular, fits Maggie to a T. This core produces flamboyant spells, ones that are very physically stunning and flashy. Paired with a dogwood wood type, this would be the ideal wand for flamboyancy and a loud, extraverted sort of person. Loud and physically intriguing, a Chinese Fireball core paired with the dogwood wand would make the most of Maggie’s extravagance and need to be loud and noticed.
WC | 188
Wand Length | Maggie’s wand would be 13.7 inches (34.798 cm). Wands that are longer choose masters that are lively and dramatic. Already explained, Maggie has an inclination for the dramatic. She is loud, lively, and excitable, something a longer wand suits quite well. Shorter wands suit shorter, refined wizards. Even shorter still, short wizards and witches are chosen. Ones with a short tolerance for mischief. The only thing short about Maggie is her short attention span, so a big and intriguing personality is well suited for a long and out-there wand.
WC | 89
Wand Flexibility | Quite bendy. Maggie’s ideal wand is quite bendy, reflecting on her susceptibility when it comes to change. Change, and the idea of self-preservation, is not new to Maggie. In her childhood, she was constantly changing. Changing fathers and environments and understanding. She isn’t scared of change, and, that Slytherin instinct of self-preservation and her resulting need to get herself out of sticky situations before they get worse, rather than hang back and stand her ground, is not new. Because of this, she is quite flexible. Bendy, one might say. The only thing keeping her from a whippy type wand is that she does enjoy routine from time to time.
WC | 109
Reasoning | The wand of Maggie Hawkins. Dogwood, Chinese Fireball heartstring core. 13.7 inches, quite bendy. It didn’t happen to her by dumb luck or mistake.

March 14, 2022. Maggie sat in her bed, surrounded by wall hangings and the wear and tear of a school year. It was nearly over. She could hardly believe it, turning the blankets over between her fingers and observing the way that the fabric bent, stretched, caught the light on its velvety surface. Before her, besides a long parchment scroll that was supposed to be host to an essay on charms, was a box. A box she hadn't opened. Rectangular, longer than it was wide, affixed to a letter that she hadn't yet opened. The time was boring by slowly, graduation impending. She assumed this thing to be a birthday gift, considering it was signed by Saoirse Hawkins, but that could be incorrect.

The box was tempting her. Something about it drew her in and made her feel a deep connection. A warmth, almost, thrumming deep within the box. Obviously, she had her suspicions about the contents of the box. It looked to be a wand box. When it came to wands, Maggie didn't have any issue with her own. It was a good wand, sturdy, brittle. But it never spoke to Maggie. She hadn't heard about Ollivander failing anyone, never had heard of him pairing someone with a wand so beyond their personality and understanding, but she had always thought that the wand didn't serve her well. It fought her. It was unwavering, unchanging, unwilling to yield and allow Maggie control. Plus, it never quite felt right in her palm. It was too short, she could never get a good handle on it. Wasn't that just her luck? To end up with the only wand Ollivander couldn't perfectly match.

With luck, this would be the exact same.

Maggie pulled off the top of the box, carefully unwrapping the tulle sort material that covered the wand. Inside was a long wand, 13.7 inches, dark wash. It was wavering, slightly, with a shiny sheen. It was clear that it was whittled from wood, as the characteristic wood grain was still intact. It was a beautiful wand. Absolutely stunning. As Maggie's fingers roamed the wood, she regarded the object with wide eyes. Something was different about this wand. It almost felt like a betrayal, with her original wand sitting at her side, neglected, but the wand was thrumming with energy that Maggie could hardly contain.

Holding the wand in her left hand, Maggie pulled off the letter. Unfolding it, she began to read.
Magpie-

This wand belonged to your grandfather Byrne. I know you never got to meet him, but he was an incredible man. The best wizard I ever knew. He was a lot like you, you know. You were named after him. He would have adored you.

I wanted you to have this. I never wanted to give it away because I was scared of you being a witch at all, but I realize now how much it means to me that you have this.

He would've been proud.

Happy birthday, Magpie.

Love, mom
Marcus Byrne had been her mother's father. He was strong and resilient, a Hufflepuff to the core. He was loyal, understanding. Maggie had heard many a story about the man. He had died a mere two months before her birth, and her mother always said it was a real shame that she never got to meet him.

Thrumming with energy, Maggie held up her wand to her ear. Obviously, it didn't make noise. Wands did not make sound, but Maggie felt as if she could hear every single creak and whittle that had led to the creation of the wand itself.

This was it. This was her life partner. Her companion. This was it.
WC | 642
Encyclopedia | Accio
Additional |
Reducio
Wand image
Stats |
ST: 6 | EVA: 10 | STR: 4 | WIS: 3 | ARC: 6 | ACC: 7

all i ever wanted
was the world
1 Jul 2022, 14:00
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Tada!
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Advanced Casting
Reducio
Despite being a member of the Viridian Vipers, Starlee couldn’t help but feel as if she wasn’t good enough. Out of the five duels she had taken part in, she had only managed to win one of them. Heck, in three of them she had managed to get knocked out cold. For the moments that she had been standing, her aim had been off, or she couldn’t dodge her opponents spells as well as they could hers, or she lacked confidence. Sure, this was all a huge reason she had signed up in the first place: she felt a need to do better, to put herself into an uncomfortable position, and to hopefully improve at her spellcasting. To Starlee, it felt like all the practice and official matches unfortunately hadn’t really helped her to achieve her main goals, however, she still had a fiery passion and determination, and throughout her first two years she still hadn’t given up.

Starlee had thrown herself into her studies quite vigorously, especially after her first loss. She could be seen in the library, completely entranced in a charms textbook, quietly mouthing out the pronunciation for spells while flicking her finger in the spells specific movement. In her lessons, she could be seen furiously taking notes, asking as many questions as she could come up with, and practicing the spells when she was able with the help of a watchful teacher. More often that not, she could be seen in the dueling practice room, shooting off various spells at the training dummies in hopes of getting better. Spells would be flung to and fro, many of them missing the target completely, yet some hitting there target in a much more focused fashion than others. In these particular instances, she tried to figure out what it was that made the spell stronger, and she would try to replicate it the best she could. Into the winter of her second year, she still wasn’t quite seeing the results she wanted, but she had decided that it wouldn’t dissuade her from continuing to do her best.

Finally, that spring, it seemed like all her hard work had begun to show up in her casting. They say it takes 10,000 hours to master a skill, and while Starlee certainly wasn’t anywhere close to being a master quite yet, she had managed to begin to hone her focus more. She finally began to understand what it took to cast a perfect spell versus a regular one, although it certainly wasn’t perfect by any means, and the focus that she held was getting better. If she managed a perfect cast, which now seemed to happen slightly more often for her, her Incendio’s would last longer and cause more damage to the training dummies, leaving them more scorched than her cohorts. Her blindfolding spell could be much harder to remove. Even her Flipendo’s would sometimes send the training dummies flat on their backs.

Was it perfect? No, not quite, but it was a step in the right direction for the young wizard, and she was finally starting to feel better about her abilities, and that all this practice had been for something.

WC: 531

"And the more hurt she gets, the more venomous she grows." - Emily Brontë
Abilities: Healing Sage | Comprehend Language (Parseltongue) | Advanced Casting
Hex: #408000
1 Jul 2022, 14:24
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Click Me
Name of Ability that you Are Applying for: Spell Spread
Describe why this fits your character:

It was no secret that Dee had long admired the ability to split spells, casting once but somehow directing it to target two at the same time. She'd been quite vocal about it at any possible opportunity.

When she had started duelling at the beginning of her second year, it had been a mere handful of students across all house teams capable of this feat. Phaedra on her own team, Dmitri, the Slytherin captain, Galton Lansdale for the Gryffindors. She'd envied the skill ever since she had watched Phaedra split a spell for the first time in duelling practice, her expertly cast spell knocking over two practice dummies rather than just one, the desire to be able to do the same igniting in her stomach, a small spark at first. The flame had grown when she had moderated her second duel that year, watching Galton turn the duel in Gryffindor's favour with what had looked like perfect ease, and leaving the stage victorious, without a scratch.

Still, the desire had stayed abstract for a while longer, present but without any action taken to fulfill it. The only ones able to spread spells had been older students, after all, it had felt like something in the future, out of reach for the moment... until she had entered third year, and realised that somehow, at some point, she had been left behind, because suddenly, there were students in her own year, able to perform that same feat. And that just wouldn't stand.

Pericles was someone who shared her ambition, as she knew from shared longing glances and conversations. It was only natural that the two started practicing together, with limited success at first. There was the occasional half-success in form of a splitting wind jinx, but that seemed to generally be the easiest spell to bend to your will... except success seemed almost random, and sometimes even unintentional.

Hence, Dee chose to escalate the situation. After all, there were several options of people she could talk into helping her. Phaedra was her teacher of choice, and it was easier than she'd expected to convince the older prefect to set up some additional training sessions for the two of them. Really, all it had taken was a bit of pouting with a duel opponent floating around somewhere above their heads... and honestly, Dee wasn't sure the pouting had even been necessary.

Phae hadn't exaggerated when she'd said that she expected a lot from those she chose to teach, but Dee had steely determination and high ambitions on her side, topped off with enough confidence to skip over seemingly impassible obstacles the way others jumped over puddles. She was also a pretty good spellcaster, if she did say so herself, and the rush of satisfaction that flooded through her when she first managed to perfectly split a disarming charm was easily enough to make up for the past months of frustration.

It took a bit (a lot) more practice for her to repeat that success reliably, sessions with Pericles and with Phaedra, but what were a few more hours spent in the duelling facilities? By the end, she made it look easy, and that was the whole point, wasn't it?

Mentions of @Pericles Dralt and @Phaedra Stavrou approved by their writers.

535 words.

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Sta:7 | Ev:15 | Str:3 | Wis:14 | Arc:8 | Ac:16Evasive Maneuvers | Charmer | Perfectionist II | Spell Spread----------------
HC: #004064
1 Jul 2022, 15:16
Link to your encyclopedia thread: Accio
Stat update: +2 Wis +2 ArcP +1 Acc (bonus 3 in stat total due to duel wins) =
Stamina - 7 | Evasion - 9 | Strength - 4 | Wisdom - 11 | ArcPower - 10 | Accuracy - 12
Ability you Are Applying for: Spell Spread
Reducio
WC: 502
He had seen it done a number of times- that enchanting feat of sending two spells with one cast. To do so, he understood, required immense focus and even greater willpower. Not only did one have to conjure enough psychological faculties to double their arcane output, but also to aim them accordingly. On multiple occasions had Pericles had the pleasure of witnessing the ability in action. He watched duellists turn the tides of a match by incapacitating both opponents at once, though he had also seen this go awry, with failures to focus resulting in grave consequences for those bold enough to attempt it. He would have to go about acquiring the skill with immense forethought, not to mention practice. As with any learning process, he would have to begin by studying it from a distance, utilizing live duels and old tomes to familiarize himself with the concept. It looked wildly difficult, but at least he knew it could be done. If others had accomplished as much: so too could he.

Then came time for application. Fortuitously, his fellow duel captain Dealla was just as intrigued by the skill as he was, and willing as ever to train. They began practicing alongside one another, experimenting with an attempt at split casts and sharing their findings. Studying written works, surveying those already able to pull it off, and seemingly endless practice. Though the capability eluded them for some time, they were patient, persistent. On one particular night, with Dee busy patrolling and the promise of practice calling him like a siren song, the young Ravenclaw entered the duel club hall on his own. Peri would start with something simple, familiar, and easy to put power behind. He had cast the Blue Sparks Charm to celebrate Ravenclaw duel wins, fueling it with the surge of victorious joy. Those memories were easy to call upon while he was standing in the duel club, and he hinged on them while pondering the split. "Caerulimillious." Not so simple. A bolt of blue, yes, albeit only one.

Most of his initial attempts would end that way. Still he practiced, meditated, and cast as he had with Dee on a near weekly basis, designating a chunk of training time to chasing that split. "Caerulimillious." It had taken months before the blue bolt was accompanied by a small, feeble secondary spark that burped out sideways from his aspen wand. Aspen: the wood of one meant to become an accomplished duellist. With an ability like this, able to target two opponents at once, he certainly could live up to its reputation. Graduation neared. Months spent attempting, nearly succeeding, finally led to one fateful evening in the duel hall: "Caerulimillious!" Twin bright, beautiful blasts of cobalt erupted from the end and struck the dummies. They may not have hit both perfectly in the center, though they hit home all the same. A bark of startled laughter left him. Practice, patience, and perseverance paid off at last. Now, to start perfecting this development....

(If approved, no need to add to trunk, I'll include it in my Ency Update Form)

{ 𝔗𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔢 𝔴𝔞𝔰 𝔞 𝔟𝔬ყ: 𝔞 𝔳𝔢𝔯ყ 𝔰𝔱𝔯𝔞𝔫𝔤𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔠𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔡 𝔟𝔬ყ. }
1 Jul 2022, 20:58
Link to your encyclopedia thread: boop
Name of Ability or Race/Talent that you Are Applying for: Healing Sage II
Reducio
Willow joined the healing internship as soon as it had come into existence. She felt like she was a natural born healer, but knew that even natural talents needed to be honed. When it came to a point where she realized her plate was too full and she needed to drop a responsibility, the internship wasn't even an option in her mind. It was too good of an opportunity to relingquish. Doctor Nurse Mister Brumby Sir (his official title) had been a valuable resource to her, albeit the man was a bit kooky.

After every quidditch game, broom racing game, duelling match that she wasn't a part of she was in the hospital wing. Even if she couldn't cast the spells required or administer the potions to repair broken bones she was watching, she was present. It didn't hurt that she had cast the healing spell a fair few times in duelling, her partners always went down too fast for her to keep up with and throughout her third year she practiced under the tutelage of Nurse Brumby when she could. If there was one thing that she wasn't going to let happen, it was watch her friends continue to fall as she remained standing.

She came from a couple of healers that helped her in her journey. Practicing Wicca at home she stood with her grandma and mother as they made various salves and natural remedies for things like the sniffles and scratches and scrapes she had amassed playing among the trees as a child. What was almost as important to the salve itself was the intention put into it. According to her grandma, no salve was worth it's weight in salt if it was imbued with ambiguity or hatred. While there was no scientific evidence for this, Willow took it to heart.

There were people that she didn't like, people that quite frankly she could go the rest of her life without seeing. But if they ever showed up in the hospital wing she put her biases aside and helped treat them (if she was able to) or fetched Nurse Brumby to get the proper care. She saw being a healer in her future. She didn't exactly know what paths laid ahead of her in the wizarding world for that, but she saw this as a good start. Endless practice visualizing injuries disappearing, endless reading about future healing spells she would learn, a bit too much time in the Hospital Wing. This was the path that laid ahead of her and it seemed like the power in her spells were starting to reflect it.
Word Count | 437

"I don't know whether to cry or scream or do both. It feels like I've done more than enough of both. And it feels like I haven't done enough." - Mason Deaver
Stamina 12 ∴ Evasion 9 ∴ Strength 5 ∴ Wisdom 10 ∵ ArcPower 10 ∵ Accuracy 13