Muggle All The Way
.

| ๐ช๐ผ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ช๐พ๐ฝ๐ฒ๐ฏ๐พ๐ต ๐ช๐ผ ๐ฝ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ท๐ช๐ฝ๐พ๐ป๐ฎ, ๐ช๐ผ ๐ฏ๐ป๐ฎ๐ฎ ๐ช๐ผ ๐ฝ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ผ๐ฎ๐ช | 623 :word count |
โโ
It was Latoya's third time traveling to a wizarding school. The first she visited was Hogwarts, then she saw her own school Tenลซsa, and now she's at another school Uagadou. It was also Latoya's first time traveling by wizarding travel and the travel she took was portkey. Latoya had barely gotten over the sensation of traveling by portkey before she found herself surrounded by some familiar and unfamiliar people. Latoya was scanning around to see if she saw anyone familiar and she saw her friend (or at least she considered him her friend) Alfie Owen. She and Alfie had met during the summer camp that Hogwarts hosted. Amongst the people there were unfamiliar trees and the unmistakable feeling that this was going to be one of the most interesting weeks of her life (she didn't need to be a Seer to know this.). Latoya absolutely loves nature, so these weeks would be perfect for her!
Latoya carefully listened as the adults demonstrated how to assemble the Berber tent and her eyes followed every movement. Latoya had set up a tent before but not this kind. She was particularly fascinated by the materials. The idea that goat hair and camel wool could be woven together to make something that kept people cool in the heat and waterproof in the rain was something she'd never really thought of or considered before.
"No magic huh?" Latoya thought as she glanced toward the supplies. "This could actually be pretty fun." Latoya didn't need magic to set up a tent. She hadn't even learnt that many spells anyways. The Levitation Charm would be useful, but Latoya had made tents before and she never needed magic. Typically during the summers her family would camp out on the ocean or near it, so Latoya had a lot of experience with camping and setting up tents.
Once the students were sent to their groups she made her way over to the supplies. She noticed one of the members from her assigned group nearby. She hadn't interacted with him before but she's pretty sure she saw him at the summer camp. Since they'd be sharing a tent for the duration of the event she figured there was no harm being friendly even though she typically always is. "Looks like we've got our work cut out for us," she said with a small smile. "I'm Latoya, by the way. I don't think we've met before."
She carefully carried the pole over to where the frame was being assembled and was being mindful to not knock into anyone. Latoya listened to the instructions in her head as she worked and first helped position the wooden supports before looking toward the roof beam. "So this goes across the top, right?" she asked more to confirm her understanding than because she wasn't paying attention.
Once the frame was in place Latoya helped pull the heavy covering over it and adjusted it whenever one side seemed to hang lower than the other. It took a little patience but she didn't seem to be bothered by the work. If anything she was enjoying herself. She was glad she had been putting up tents with her family since she was younger because if she didn't have that skill this'll be a lot harder for her. "There!" she said with a pleased smile once the covering looked even. "I think we're getting somewhere."
She then grabbed a few stakes and began securing the sides of the ground. The physical work was tiring but there was something satisfying about seeing the tent slowly take shape because of their own efforts. Latoya glanced around at their completed work before smiling. "Okay that wasn't nearly as difficult as I thought it would be."
โโ
![]() |
[ sta ] 5 | [ eva ] 3 | [ str ] 2 | [ wis ] 8 | [ arc ] 7 | [ acc ] 5
๐๐๐ซ๐ญ-๐๐๐๐ฅ๐ | ability | ability | ability | ability | ability | ability |
.
coded by Marigold Wesley
โถ๐๐๐ฅ๐ ๐ช๐ ๐ป๐ฃ๐๐ค๐๐๐๐โถ
"Like The Tide, I Always Find My Way Home" |
Muggle All The Way



mentioning: @Andrea Woodsburn, @Amalie Leclerc, @Azzure Solace, @Chatt Auclair, @Clark Stellan, @Denisse De Vera, @Julia Evans, @Marigold Wesley
Andrea was born with a silver spoon in her mouth. Naturally, she had not done any sort of heavy labor herself. The realization of having to create a muggle tent, along with a few others, dawned on her right after she had arrived at her destination.
Travelling through portkey was undeniably not her favorite, but it did get the job done quicker. The girl gave out a short huff, ironing the invisible wrinkles on her clothes as she set foot in Ugadou. It was her first time exploring another wizarding school. Gorgeous! Was her first thought.
The weather was calm, giving Andrea the perfect opportunity to wear a loose, thin-striped blouse over her light undershirt, baggy pants secured with a brown leather belt, a pair of dark uggs, and a simple light headband to keep her hair neat. It was a stylish, yet comfortable choice of attire. Nonetheless, her mother had infected her with the paranoia of things not going her way, so the dove decided to pack a few extra clothes in case it rained or if she felt too warm.
The Woodsburn took her time analyzing her tentmatesโquite the odd group. A third year gryffindor with white hair, a seemingly shy first year ravenclaw, and a bunch of other students in her batch that she had already recognized from the last school year.
Andrea took a small step back, watching two of her tentmates question the eldest's fashion. The Durmstrang Headmaster's announcement on setting up muggle tents with no magical assistance elicited a silent groan from the dove. For someone who had others handling every chore back home, the idea of even lifting a heavy metal pole and inch off the ground was a complete nightmare.
The girl isn't normally this spoiled, but she'll do anything except things that make her sweat too much. Ew. She shivered at the thought. Yet, simply standing around while her tentmates would scrambled to get things done felt far too boring. So, she waited.

wc: 326
location: uagadou
Last edited by Andrea Woodsburn on 30 Sep 2026, 01:51, edited 1 time in total.
โโ if it's meant to be, it'll be. โโ
Muggle All The Way
Interaction: Teammates
Thoughts: Dark Green
Dialogue: Navy
Others: Italics
WC: 624~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Uagadao, what a beautiful place indeed, but too bad I spent the first ten minutes in a dazed and nauseous state. It was my first time using a portkey to travel, I stood there wishing the pulling sensation in my gut to vanish. Nothing a little movement around and fresh air couldn't fix, I thought. I sighed in relief as the sensation slowly left, that was when I took it all in, I turned a whole 360 degrees, admiring the nature, looking at the upsurging crowd of students. There were kids from different wizarding schools. This wasn't my first time visiting a new school, my experience at Castelobruxo was amazing, I hoped this would be as exciting, or perhaps even more than that.
This evet was organised by the Headmasters of Uagadao and Durmstrang. 'Muggle All the Way', as they call it, pretty much as its name suggests, we're being like mugglesโ No magic. That wasn't something entirely new to me as a half-blood, this would be an entirely new experience for the Wizard borns and Pure-bloods. I ran excitedly towards the crowd gathered in front of the Headmasters. Soon their voices echoed, giving out instructions on what to do. There were a bunch of activities to be held, camping, trekking, climbing, sailing and what-not. Our first task was to set up tents. My mind went back to the camping trips I went on with my family, we'd have so much fun singing around the campfire, sharing stories, playing games. Although, the tents we'd set up were much different than theses ones. These were more suited to the climate of the two places. I watched intently as the Headmasters demonstrated setting up the tents, it seemed easy enough, I hoped it'd feel the same way while building it.
Finally, it was time to set up the tents. I looked towards my teammates, none of whom I knew of, so I decided to introduce myself, "Hey guys, I'm Avery. This is just so exciting isn't it, we should get started." I eyed all the supplies, and carefully picked up a pole, hoping it wasn't too heavy. One by one, we put up the poles, 2 at the front and 2 at the back as instructed, the roof beam was also placed on the top of the frame. This itself took quite a while, but it was fun working together. Slowly, we made progress, I worked, my focus not wavering even for a second. Finally, I let out a breathe of relief as we completed making the tent. "Pheww... that was tiring", I thought. The process wasn't too hard, with practice I knew we'd get better. I found anchoring the tent deep into the ground to be quite tricky, but somehow I seemed to figure it out.
After a few more rounds of practice, I felt so confident, I could make this tent in my sleep. I chuckled slightly at the thought. I looked around at the other students, it seemed they'd made good progress as well. We gathered back as the Headmasters began demonstrating a different kind of tent, more suitable for Durmstrang's climate. I remembered that my cousin went to Durmstrang, but I never really knew him, nor did I ever visit. I sure hope I don't come across him, I wouldn't recognise him even if I did. All that I knew was that he hated muggles, hated muggleborns and half bloods as well. I suppose he wouldn't even like this event, jokes on him though, he'll be missing out on all the fun. I came back to present and realised my chain of thoughts had distracted me, I'd missed a bit of the demonstration. I sighed a watched the rest much more intently.ReducioMentions: @Latoya Driskell,@Mackenzie Maye,@Octavian Taylor,@Aaron Schwartz,@Irรฉthe Calleary,@Jay Valkyrie,@Amanda Clarke
โQuaere Et Invenies"--"Seek and you shall findโ
My ency Shop-Stellar Soirรฉe Shop's Gallery[/color]
Muggle All The Way
โโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโ
xxwordcount 505/200 |.sep 21st 2026 datexxโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโ
xx
Helping out was, in theory, the decent thing to do, but Mamori was a delicate and resplendent and exquisitely porcelain creature who nearly fainted after two laps around the Quidditch pitch, and manual labour ranked way below bludger injuries on his list of hobbies.
Before signing up, the pink-haired badger had pictured a few luxurious days of savanna sightseeing, and then they landed in Uagadou only to be greeted by a barrier and a pile of tent parts, making it obvious that nobody had booked them a hotel. Or a bed. Or anything with a roof that didn't need assembling first. At least one of the two headmasters evidently had "drag these brats through some character-building hardship" written into their performance review and this was what they'd come up with. For two years and one month Mamori had half suspected that every inter-school trip was torture dressed up as fun, and this trip had removed all doubt. Maybe this was just what free travel cost.
"Wow, straight to the American," he cut in as Damien turned to Percy,ย "I know how to put these up too, you know, but I guess I don't have that trustworthy Boy Scout face, so good luck Percy, the whole tent's on you now." He'd only met Percy about ten minutes ago but that was plenty of time to start teasing him, and if Percy had a problem with it he was more than welcome to ask for a transfer. Knowing how wizarding school staff tended to work it'd get sorted around sunset when every tent was already up, and it was anyone's guess which tent would want a guy who skipped setup.
"Worst case, the ground's still free real estate, so you can spread this cover out and roll yourself up in it like a burrito, though I can't promise you'll survive the heat past midnight." Admittedly Mamori had no idea what the evenings here were actually like, and thanks to the altitude the temperature swing was far bigger than he'd imagined, so sleeping out here was a lot more likely to freeze to death than cook. He then actually laid out the cover he'd grabbed from the supplies pile earlier and plopped down on it, though those expecting a burrito tutorial would be disappointed. All Mamori wanted was a seat, because standing through the entire demonstration had used up his stamina for the day and the ground looked far too filthy to sit on bare.
Then a kid named Hendrik raised his hand and claimed to know how, sparing Mamori even the mental labour. The kid gave a quick breakdown and grabbed one of the tarselt before pulling out some snacks and starting to... eat?
Mamori stared blankly for a moment and pointed at the tarselt. "And? Go on, give us a demonstration, you clearly know more than the rest of us." Poles were heavy and hammering stakes into damp earth sounded even worse, since Mamori wanted no part of either, enslaving the capable-looking kid seemed only sensible.xx โโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโโ
xxtag @Damien Dragonclaw @Hendrik Van der Leclerc @Percy Todd Duplenticyxx
| iNPC: Ilya Voronov | ใใใ |
|
ใ ใใ | #D2445E |
Muggle All The Way
Word count: 232/200Ale was excited for this trip. Exploring the wilderness not only in his home continent but also at a later time at the Durmstrang site would be fun.
He was teamed up with some Hogwarts students as well as Chuki, whom he remembered well from their broom racing.
When he arrived, Chuki was already busy with the tent set-up and carrying the heavy poles on her own. When she shouted that someone needs to stabilise the tent, he hurried towards her and took hold of the tent before it could fall together again. Ale was very familiar with tents, but only to live inside. They had magical tents when he was with his parents on adventure tours, so he did not have the experience to actually really set one up by hand.
"Hi Chuki, nice to see you again. Where are the others?", he asked as so far it seemed to be only them being here from their team.
He was carefully watching the demonstration of how the tent would be assembled and as Chuki was currently draping the tent panels over the roof beam and poles, Ale tried to ensure the panels hang evenly on all sides. Next they seem to need some ropes but he was still holding the tent to stabilise it. "Now what?", he asked Chuki who seemed to be much more experienced with this sort of things.
Team: @Chuki wa Mwanamke, @Glen Boren, @Eugenia Smyrnidi
Muggle All The Way

ใปใปใปใปใป STA 7 โฆ EVA 8 โฆ STR 7 ใปใปใปใปใปใปใปใปใปใป WIS 6 โฆ ARC 6 โฆ ACC 6 ใปใปใปใปใป |
xxxxx |
![]() |
![]() ![]()
|
![]() ![]()
coded by the incredible wonderful lovely kind awesome talented one and only Clark Stellan ![]() |
Muggle All The Way
โฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟโโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โ
![]() |
|
โฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟโโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โ
โฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟโโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โ
โฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟโโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โโฟ โ |
Last edited by Eugenia Smyrnidi on 1 Oct 2026, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.
๐ด๐ผ๐ Iโll Love |
| | | |
๐ธ๐ป๐ Iโll Protect |
| | | |
๐๐๐๐ Iโll Shine |
Muggle All The Way
Strike was used to learning how to do things by observing the way others did them. It was how he had learned a great many of his skills from his parents. He was one of those kids who learned best by doing things himself, however, rather than only observing, so he was eager to get to work after witnessing the demonstration in order to see if he could put together a tent himself.
Since he hadn't even started attending Hogwarts yet, he hadn't learned how to do any real magic himself, so doing things manually the 'muggle way' was nothing new for him even if he was a pureblood. Slowly, patiently, he learned by watching other students. First, he discovered that he had to raise two wooden support poles and place the roof beam across the top of them in order to create the framework of the tent. Then there was the draping of the tent panels over the framework, making sure it was even on all sides before attaching them with ropes or ties. Finally, one had to secure the panels to the ground with tent pegs so they wouldn't blow away.
It was all fairly simple enough, at least in theory, but it was harder to do on one's own than it seemed. Keeping both poles up while trying to place the roof beam over the top of them, for example, proved to be quite a challenge. Still, Strike eventually managed to get it done satisfactorily enough before removing the tent pegs and taking everything back down. The whole thing turned out to be quite a workout, but Strike was glad to learn a new skill, especially if he could use it to help others.
2nd Gen PC: Strike Allen
1st Gen PC: Jack Burnett | iNPC: Ginyami Midorimori | Former staff account: Kit Paine










