Panic drowns the senses
| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ |
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ![]() ![]() ![]() xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Last edited by Eugenia Smyrnidi on 12 Aug 2026, 10:50, edited 2 times in total.
Panic drowns the senses
STATS. sta 8; eva 7; str 4; wis 7; arc 6; acc 8x───────────────────────────────────
's grace; Evasive Maneuvers; ability three; ability four; ability five; ability six; ability seven
────────────────────x❝I was good. I was really good.❞x────────────────────
![]() |
|
![]() |
──────xABILITIES.Well, if I had been able to introduce Wonderland to a girl who grew up in the magical world, then I'm not half as bad as I thought I was. Maybe just a quarter. I nodded, distracted in my own mind. Yes, Mikaela was fine.
But she was right. Sometimes people use you. I knew a lot of them very well to have an idea about it. And sometimes people love you. Alys accepted me. Mom and dad had to accept me because I was their little girl. I'm not sure about Sky. We just made it up again this summer and I don't want to fuck it all up... again.
Sometimes you can't even trust yourself with what you know. You can't trust yourself to trust people.
Another memory came to me before I could stop it. And before I could stop myself, I talked about it.
"It happened to me in my first school. I was like, what, five? And I really tried to fit in with the other kids. I couldn't wait to make friends. But I never understood why the homeworks were so boring. I mean, why were we learning to add two and two when I had already learned how to divide in two digits? It was stupid. So the teacher talked to my parents and they told her about my condition. How different I was. And it all went downhill from that." I felt a knot in my throat I had to force away. Not here, not now.
"She wanted to prove me, so she moved me to the highest grade there. They were already learning what I was learning, but of course, my mind kept working faster. And this... guy came and said he wanted to be my friend. I was five, he was about to turn nine. And I, stupid, a girl who had never had any friends, said yes. Turned out he used me to make his projects and his work in exchange of our 'friendship' and one day, when I refused to keep doing it, he waited until school ended, locked me in a storage room with some of his friends and hit me so hard I fainted. I lost my first milk tooth that day. A week later, I got transferred and the story began again."
Sigh. If someone told me that I'd end up here, in the dirty floor, trauma dumping with a complete stranger in the second floor while everyone had their first dinner just stairs away... Honestly, I'd believe it. I had that weird habit of trusting complete strangers and doubting about people I had met for my whole life.
But anyway. Those were things not everyone needed to know, right?
I shuddered. Why was it so cold? And it wasn't just me, not because I forgot my gloves inside my trunk and they were surely in the room now. No, it was a different kind of cold. It was good, though. If I felt cold, it meant that my senses were coming back. The attack was coming to its end, finally.
Awkwardly, I cleared my throat.
"The amount of times that exact same thing happened to me is actually funny. You could say those are the perks of our job, huh?" Joke it off, Mikaela. Joke that shit away from you. This is not place nor time for memories.
[coded by lauren vanes]
"I was good. I was really good"
| PC: Mikaela Hendricks | Shop: The Hendricks Archives | iNPC: Nicola Parker |
Panic drowns the senses
| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ |
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ![]() ![]() ![]() xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Panic drowns the senses
STATS. sta 8; eva 7; str 4; wis 7; arc 6; acc 8x───────────────────────────────────
's grace; Evasive Maneuvers; ability three; ability four; ability five; ability six; ability seven
────────────────────x❝I was good. I was really good.❞x────────────────────
![]() |
|
![]() |
──────xABILITIES.I tilted my head to the right. Yes, she had a point. But sometimes, teachers also think you need a lesson. They noticed. Everyone noticed. And nobody blinked. They just scolded them and then everyone lived happily ever after.
Now that I think of it, maybe that's why I got transferred. Not that I remember much, honestly. I also learned to read at a very early age. Eugenia and I were more alike than I initially thought. And that realization terrified me. Would I become her in a future? That's... not too bad, actually. She seemed nice. She was nice.
I nodded, silently agreeing with her.
"We're prodigies, Eugenia. We were never human. We were born to be machines. Nothing will ever change that for us. To you, it's remembering. I can remember long-term stuff. Ask me anything, literally. I'm sure I also have the answer. No, for me, it was my unability to speak. I said my first non-stuttered word when I was five. Five. When all kids learn how to read, I was learning how to speak. When all kids learn how to speak, I was already reading. We're. not. human." My gaze got lost in the wall in front of us, poorly lighted by the moon at the other side of the window.
"We're sitting right here because things like us can't mix with people. The human being is social by nature. We're not that. We can't be that. It was cruel, yes, but I just came back from a whole month of being used as a scapegoat for the doctors. They connected their wires at me and asked me to learn things to 'see if I was still a prodigy'. Sadly, I was.
I sighed, tilting my head back.
"It sucks. Everything sucks. Doctors, teachers who play blind because said kid is, what? The nephew of the director? Adults who think they can train us and use us and tame us. I get it. They dehumanized us. Stop beating the dead horse, please. Families that force you to remember. People who expect me to behave like a human being when I'm not. Everything sucks."
I didn't even notice the moment a tear rolled down my cheek until I felt it. Huh. Apparently, talking about your rage helped. Revolutionary, but true. Sometimes, all you need is a hug. But when you can't have it, talking helps. That's what the therapist said.
"... sorry. It sounded cruel. I-I guess my speaking ability never fully developed. I lack empathy to say the things. I can't soften things." And apparently, neither could her. Ironic, but true. "You could say it's another perk of being a prodigy?" I laughed. It was getting so ridiculous it was actually funny to me. Maybe everyone was right. Maybe something was broken inside me and it was beyond repair. Maybe my brain was rotting already. My head was filled with poison, you may even say.
[coded by lauren vanes]
"I was good. I was really good"
| PC: Mikaela Hendricks | Shop: The Hendricks Archives | iNPC: Nicola Parker |
Panic drowns the senses
| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ |
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ![]() ![]() ![]() xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Panic drowns the senses
STATS. sta 8; eva 7; str 4; wis 7; arc 6; acc 8x───────────────────────────────────
's grace; Evasive Maneuvers; ability three; ability four; ability five; ability six; ability seven
────────────────────x❝I was good. I was really good.❞x────────────────────
![]() |
|
![]() |
──────xABILITIES.Once again, sadly, she was right. No matter how hard we try, we'll never be able to be normal. We're machines and, at this point, it should be easy. We should be used to it already.
But how can you ever get used to be treated like this? To be looked at like this?
"...someone waiting at home for us to return. At least we know we aren’t alone.” I almost smiled. Yes, someone waits at home for me. My dad would very patiently listen to me rambling about medicine and molecules for hours. But now he has Alys and... Saints, I hadn't thought of it like that. What if he wanted to make a family? Mom died just two years ago and he's ready to love again. What if he doesn't want me anymore because Alys takes all his time?
No, I'm alone in this. As much as my dad tries to uncover it, he'll never be able to change the look behind his eyes every time he gazes at me. Every time I talk to him about something. Because he surely wanted his little girl to be successful in the world. He wanted me to have a future, a life, something different from whatever I am now. Following my mom's steps on magic, I'll surely end up dead just like her. Amazing, isn't it?
“How much did they hurt you?” Now, that one took me completely off guard. How much- What did she mean? It wasn't hurt, it was just... normal for us, right? The doctor said that people like me were meant to be different, and I always thought I had something wrong, broken in my brain, so that's what was different with me, right? While other prodigy kids were already attending college and giving master classes at my own age, I was here, in an Abandoned Lavatory, talking with a girl with a funny name.
I'm supposed to be better than this.
So, using my best skill to evade the question, I backfired it to her.
"How much did they hurt you?" Because, as much as she wanted to hide it, I could see it in her eyes. The tiredness, along with the obvious exhaustion, were reachable behind those glasses, in those brown, almost green-ish orbs. The pain, the disappointment, the fear of not being yourself and still being able to get out of your bed.
I admired that, though. I admired her. To have such weight upon your shoulders and still be able to smile and act polite. A pattern, a mask, a persona so well developed that no one ever recognized the pain behind your eyes... everything I wanted to be, if I had to be honest. I yearned to be like that. An impenetrable fortress no one could ever break into. How much pain did she have to go through for it to be like that?
[coded by lauren vanes]
"I was good. I was really good"
| PC: Mikaela Hendricks | Shop: The Hendricks Archives | iNPC: Nicola Parker |
Panic drowns the senses
| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ |
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ![]() ![]() ![]() xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
Panic drowns the senses
STATS. sta 8; eva 7; str 4; wis 7; arc 6; acc 8x───────────────────────────────────
's grace; Evasive Maneuvers; ability three; ability four; ability five; ability six; ability seven
────────────────────x❝I was good. I was really good.❞x────────────────────
![]() |
|
![]() |
──────xABILITIES.This was, probably, no, surely, the most ridiculous thing I had ever done. I had met a total stranger in the lavatory and now we were trauma dumping together as if we were friends from the other life. Now what? We'd go to each other's weddings and our kids were going to be friends too? Stupid.
Well, I had something to give to her. She was, definitely, more doomed and traumatized than me. I have absolutely no idea what could possibly happen to a human being for it to be reduced, by itself, to the sorrow, doom and despair on this girl's eyes. Surely, what I had gone through was not even the ten percent of what was going through her mind.
"But it never was the innocent young." Which now made me tilt my head and wonder what could have possibly happen for this girl to be... that?
My mom once told me that there were secrets that were better when they were hidden. I experienced it firsthand. After all, the ended up being Pandora's box, a liar, a spy, a friend... and the best secret keeper this world has ever seen, apparently. No, now I wondered what kind of secrets she had to keep. Eugenia, who are you?
“You never answered my question though. How much did they hurt you?” Ah, right. It was my turn to play the victim now. To pretend, for a second, that my pain and my experience had been as hard as hers. That my sorrow, as it was, had been equal as hers. What was a doctor, a kid, a cable, a childhood compared to a pureblood's life?
Well, I had to try.
"Not as much as you" I accepted, defeated. ". Not even a half. But I can tell you that, when it wasn't the doctors trying to suck my brain out of my skull, it was my classmates. Or, as I said, the teachers. I don't hold anything against my parents, but... I wish they had done something to protect me. At least they fought against the Hospital to get me out of their Program. If they hadn't, i'd definitely still be there... and i'd be attending college already, or giving concerts, or master classes, developing my own brand, starting my own business..."
I trailed off, lost in my own thoughts. It was true. All of those had been examples that the doctor showed my father last month while trying to get him to get me back in the Program. Kids that, even younger than me, had already left a mark in the world. And what have I done? What have I done to become, to deserve to be a prodigy? What, apart from reading textx that are meant for fifth years, or getting into more trouble than I should? Maybe they were right, after all. Maybe I had to be in the Program.
Maybe I have to leave this place, leave the magic and the fairytales behind, and be the kid that I'm meant to be. Leave my footprint, etc etc... Maybe, I could only do that if I lived a muggle life. Dad would support me, whatever my decision was. I knew it. But mom...
Mom would be sad. And disappointed. Or maybe not. I have no way to know what a dead person would want, right? I thought I knew her, but apparently, that was another thing I assumed wrong.
"... My dad says that I look younger when I let my hair down. That the braid always makes me look old." I muttered, suddenly feeling my hair heavier. They had taken my years away from me. My childhood. Half my life, until now.
[coded by lauren vanes]
"I was good. I was really good"
| PC: Mikaela Hendricks | Shop: The Hendricks Archives | iNPC: Nicola Parker |
Panic drowns the senses
| xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ |
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |
|
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀
✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀✿ ❀ xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx | ![]() ![]() ![]() xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx |







date; 01/09/26 