OOC Let's Chat!

Ayuka Takahashi wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:11 I might write a solo on Lex. Any tips on what I could make it on? Also, what's the WC? Same as usual RPs?
Yes, still the regular 200 word minimum unless you’re in a special forum such as Letters.

Second student character of Ruby Cazares | Staff account: Taros Quintero | iNPC: Valeriy Viktorovna Reznikov
Check out the Headliner!

OOC Let's Chat!
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:09
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:08
Simon Kincaid wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:03
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:02
Simon Kincaid wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:00

whatcha thinkin'?
Need to come up with something for my dissertation! Initial proposals are due mid-July but I'm so indecisive about short stories that I wanna make sure I find an idea I'd like to write on for a full year!
no fun, but you'll get this figured out :)
Never thought I'd say this but this will be the easiest dissertation I've ever heard of... Just write a short story no longer than 9k words with a commentary :cute:
That sounds pretty straightforward!
I know! I was expecting a good 15k words of researching prose! :shock2:

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone

OOC Let's Chat!
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:12
Ayuka Takahashi wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:11 I might write a solo on Lex. Any tips on what I could make it on? Also, what's the WC? Same as usual RPs?
Yes, still the regular 200 word minimum unless you’re in a special forum such as Letters.
Oh? What's it for letters?

✿༺ 𝒯𝒶𝓀𝒶𝒽𝒶𝓈𝒽𝒾 𝒜𝓎𝓊𝓀𝒶 ༻✿
PC: Lex Kervick
iNPC: Ayuka Takahashi

OOC Let's Chat!
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:14
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:09
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:08
Simon Kincaid wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:03
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:02

Need to come up with something for my dissertation! Initial proposals are due mid-July but I'm so indecisive about short stories that I wanna make sure I find an idea I'd like to write on for a full year!
no fun, but you'll get this figured out :)
Never thought I'd say this but this will be the easiest dissertation I've ever heard of... Just write a short story no longer than 9k words with a commentary :cute:
That sounds pretty straightforward!
I know! I was expecting a good 15k words of researching prose! :shock2:
Probably nice to not have to do that!
Ayuka Takahashi wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:15
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:12
Ayuka Takahashi wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:11 I might write a solo on Lex. Any tips on what I could make it on? Also, what's the WC? Same as usual RPs?
Yes, still the regular 200 word minimum unless you’re in a special forum such as Letters.
Oh? What's it for letters?
Only 50 words minimum.

Second student character of Ruby Cazares | Staff account: Taros Quintero | iNPC: Valeriy Viktorovna Reznikov
Check out the Headliner!

OOC Let's Chat!
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:27
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:14
Silas Norwood wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:09
Emily Shephard wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:08
Simon Kincaid wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:03

no fun, but you'll get this figured out :)
Never thought I'd say this but this will be the easiest dissertation I've ever heard of... Just write a short story no longer than 9k words with a commentary :cute:
That sounds pretty straightforward!
I know! I was expecting a good 15k words of researching prose! :shock2:
Probably nice to not have to do that!
Certainly is! Dissertations for my degree (literature, language and CW) are 11k words long so they're not tooooooo bad. Still, my brain wouldn't handle all the research needed for lit and/or lang :lol:

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone

OOC Let's Chat!
Okay, so I guess a month of not modding a duel has made me forget this. :lol: Does the critical failure happen on the accuracy check of the caster? For example, the caster got a dice roll of 1 that will be added to their accuracy.

Be the change you wish to see
in the world.

OOC Let's Chat!
Oh God, the prefect Application has been seen...
I'm scared-
TmT

☽~Eklipse~☾ Matching: Taiki Ishii
~iNPC: Enki Medrano
"You'd be surprised how easy it is to feel alone, even in a crowd of people you love."

OOC Let's Chat!
Avery Gray wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:35 Okay, so I guess a month of not modding a duel has made me forget this. :lol: Does the critical failure happen on the accuracy check of the caster? For example, the caster got a dice roll of 1 that will be added to their accuracy.
Critical failure happens if you get a 1 (or other low number with certain abilities) on the wisdom check.

But you can also get a critical miss if you roll a nat 1 (or other applicable number) on accuracy!
From the duelling system:
Reducio
Critical Miss:
  • If the Accuracy roll (without the added Accuracy stat) is 1, the attack is considered a Critical Miss.
  • Critical Miss means that the caster missed the intended target completely and the spell is redirected to a random target (opponent or ally, excluding the caster and the original target).
  • For the caster, a new d20 will be rolled but the Accuracy stat will not be added to it.
  • The new target rolls for Evasion and the result is compared to the result of the new Accuracy roll.
  • If there are no players left besides the caster and the original target, the Critical Miss is discarded.


And good luck, Lex!

[pc] livia machavariani
'bloodlust is the ticket and contrition is fraud.'
jess lancaster [staff]
'i beg to dream and differ from the hollow lies.'

OOC Let's Chat!
Lex Kervick wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:43 Oh God, the prefect Application has been seen...
I'm scared-
TmT
Thanks for the playlist! Still can't believe you're making them off the songs we suggested for the H.io playlist though -_-

~丨丂卄丨丨 ㄒ卂丨Ҝ丨~
Matching with: Eklipse Kervick
iNPC: Keiju Kusamitsu

OOC Let's Chat!
Emily Shephard wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:32
Simon Kincaid wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:22 I'm a planner. My first character here on hio I didn't plan out and that was a disaster - deactivated her for Simon and I planned out his entire character story and it worked better for me
I plan (small things) as I go along. Had a whole different story for Emily until it all circled the drain... So I just go with the flow instead :wise:
Uh oh! I hope Colin didn't ruin Emily's story!! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:

Keep your mind in hell; and don't despair.
Cursa McCoire
Rigel McCoire