OOC Let's Chat!

BREEE

"You were so obvious with your love at first sight." - Jacks
npc: Axel Brooks
SHOP

OOC Let's Chat!
Julia Evans wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 17:59 Goodnight guys! ITHOUGHT IT WAS ONLY 9 PM BUT ITS 10 PM!!!!! How will i wake up tmr?!?!?!?!?!
Good night! Ill lend you my puppy. Just put him in a crate and hell wake you up at 5 every morning
Emiline Hunter wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:00 BREEE
I FINALLY HAVE ENOUGH PEELS TO DONATE!!!! although not enough money to donate ten sickles to the iNPCs

𝓗𝓪𝔃𝓮𝓵 𝓝𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓸 𝓟𝓮𝓮𝓵
𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽:
𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕤: 𝕊𝕥𝕒 𝟟| 𝔼𝕧𝕒 𝟞| 𝕊𝕥𝕣 𝟝| 𝕎𝕚𝕤 𝟠| 𝔸ℙ 𝟟| 𝔸𝕔𝕔 𝟟|
𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮
𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝔂
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓲𝓝𝓟𝓒 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

OOC Let's Chat!
Bree Grey wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:01
Emiline Hunter wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:00 BREEE
I FINALLY HAVE ENOUGH PEELS TO DONATE!!!! although not enough money to donate ten sickles to the iNPCs
donate?

"You were so obvious with your love at first sight." - Jacks
npc: Axel Brooks
SHOP

OOC Let's Chat!
Emiline Hunter wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:02
Bree Grey wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:01
Emiline Hunter wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:00 BREEE
I FINALLY HAVE ENOUGH PEELS TO DONATE!!!! although not enough money to donate ten sickles to the iNPCs
donate?
I donate peels to first years. And then have one to donate to the inpcs. Their both in my signature

𝓗𝓪𝔃𝓮𝓵 𝓝𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓸 𝓟𝓮𝓮𝓵
𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽:
𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕤: 𝕊𝕥𝕒 𝟟| 𝔼𝕧𝕒 𝟞| 𝕊𝕥𝕣 𝟝| 𝕎𝕚𝕤 𝟠| 𝔸ℙ 𝟟| 𝔸𝕔𝕔 𝟟|
𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮
𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝔂
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓲𝓝𝓟𝓒 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

OOC Let's Chat!
@Bree Grey, you're doing a great work! I will donate when I can!

Chaewon Lee | Metamorphmagus

OOC Let's Chat!
Thank you! <3

𝓗𝓪𝔃𝓮𝓵 𝓝𝓮𝓵𝓼𝓸𝓷
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓟𝓸𝓽𝓪𝓽𝓸 𝓟𝓮𝓮𝓵
𝓞𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽:
𝕊𝕥𝕒𝕥𝕤: 𝕊𝕥𝕒 𝟟| 𝔼𝕧𝕒 𝟞| 𝕊𝕥𝕣 𝟝| 𝕎𝕚𝕤 𝟠| 𝔸ℙ 𝟟| 𝔸𝕔𝕔 𝟟|
𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓸𝓸𝓷𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮
𝓑𝓻𝓮𝓮 𝓖𝓻𝓮𝔂
𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼 𝓝𝓮𝓮𝓭𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓽: 𝓲𝓝𝓟𝓒 𝓓𝓸𝓷𝓪𝓽𝓲𝓸𝓷𝓼

OOC Let's Chat!
Bree Grey wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 18:26 Thank you! <3
You are so amazing, thank you so so much for the peels!!!

~Rosalyn Willows, Second Year Slytherin~
~Ency~Garden~Profile~
|Sta~6|Eva~4|Str~7|Wis~7|Arc~6|Acc~5|

OOC Let's Chat!
Max Kenneally Vidler wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 14:00 It surprises me to see that staff applications have such a short time limit for applying. I see the point of that a certain amount of activity is required, but I myself know how slowly I write when it is something important 👀 I have not even thought about applying, just so it is stated. It just struck me as a bit odd!
Good discussion you guys had. I do have a couple thoughts about this Max!

The deadline does seem short. But! There is a strategy you (and anyone else who might ever be interested) can use.

The first is patience. There will always be openings in the staff team. We're all just regular people like any of you and sometimes RL hits and we might have to step down from the position which leaves an opening waiting for you to apply for. It doesn't have to be tomorrow. It could be in 6 months or a year!

The second is start working on a draft application now. Take your time. Think. Write. Edit. Basically, you'll want to have a general application ready for polishing when the position you like comes up and the timing is right for you.

Next is to understand what we're looking for. It's really not complicated! Mostly, it comes down to a combination of community engagement (how long you've been here, what are your activities here like, etc); are you a troublemaker (OOC); what ideas do you have (lore, game mechanics, events, storylines, systems, etc)? Me, I like to see someone who's been here for a while (6 months minimum), is mature and reasonable, has some cool ideas and perspectives, and who has some site-relevant experience.

What this can look like is someone who's been around for a year or so, is actively roleplaying (that's the whole point of this site!), is perhaps a member of one of the sports teams, or is part of our Mentors programme, or has run a number of unofficial sports events or moderated threads; and someone who steps up to help out (basic community moderation, welcoming new folks, helping them find needed resources, helping in the FAQ areas). Someone who has investment in the community and is willing and able to make the leap into site moderation.

Fourth is to have a discord account. We've found that this is really the best way to handle emergencies (like if the site goes down and becomes inaccessible, we need a way to sort out what happened) or if something creepy or dangerous is happening on site (we have a place to discuss and plan what to do). Discord itself can be a very dangerous place (scammers and other unsavoury types lurking). Hio has a safe and well guarded server, though. We don't allow anyone to access it who is not first a Hio member. For anyone who might be interested in joining staff and is worried about Discord security, we work to keep that as secure as the site itself. I understand that there are werewolves on guard roaming the borders between Hio and the chaos of the Outer Void.

Lastly is to please reach out to someone currently on staff if you have questions about the role or about your application! And don't worry about the time limit --- it really doesn't exist! For now, just enjoy the place: learn about the site and its history; make some friends; be helpful; don't lie, cheat, use AI, scam people, or do anything egregiously harmful; write some roleplays; get some experience; and put together a good application as you go! When you feel ready, there will almost certainly be a position you can apply for!

What have I gotten myself into?
Astronomy Professor |
| Student: Colin McCoire | iNPC: Cursa McCoire

OOC Let's Chat!
(PS: That's part of why I left staff the last time around, it's not the whole reason, but me leaving discord is why I left hom professor, as much as I love the role and staff. I knew I could not maintain staff and not be on the discord when that is currently how staff goes.)

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark

OOC Let's Chat!
Never touching discord again, me.

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone