Back 7939 / 18141

OOC Let's Chat!

Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I think I pestered them too much about dNPCs :sweatingbullets:

I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?

Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetent

Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it
At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another reader ^^

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
OOC Let's Chat!
Reducio
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:42
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I think I pestered them too much about dNPCs :sweatingbullets:

I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?

Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetent

Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it
At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another reader ^^

thank Emily, tbh it did start similar to my own life story, but I'm glad i was able to change it to make it special to him, to make it his story instead of mine, I'm very happy with what i have planned :D
late fourth year/ early fifth year is gonna be horrible for him

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Aston Beckett
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
♬⋆.˚ Ariam Vargas
OOC Let's Chat!
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:47
Reducio
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:42
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I think I pestered them too much about dNPCs :sweatingbullets:

I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?

Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetent

Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it
At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another reader ^^

thank Emily, tbh it did start similar to my own life story, but I'm glad i was able to change it to make it special to him, to make it his story instead of mine, I'm very happy with what i have planned :D
late fourth year/ early fifth year is gonna be horrible for him
Aww not baby Aston!

Though to be fair, Emily is going to have some harsh treatment next year (probably) and let me tell you, I've got bonkers ideas for her third and fourth year :lol:

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
OOC Let's Chat!
aston and emily and their amazing character stories :[ i fear my story revolves too much around scout and zy................ ;[

don't look at me; you can't understand, right? i'm just like a monstrous flower that bloomed too soon
scout fu-hai & zyair ona'je
OOC Let's Chat!
Aston's "I totally don't have a crush on him I'm not gay" storyline and his family story line will end around the same time, around the fall ball for his fifth year, i totally can't wait

Nah Scout it's just fine, Scout and Zyair makes for good drama, they have plenty of interesting things about their story apart from their relationship, it's great

Ohh next year? that will be nice Emily, can't wait to read all of it!

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Aston Beckett
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
♬⋆.˚ Ariam Vargas
OOC Let's Chat!
Emily very much relies on Casey for this year to get some kind of comeuppance or realisation for her. In a way, she's piggy backing off of Casey before I can give her, her own personal problems

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
OOC Let's Chat!
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 21:40 Hopefully, don't want Aston's first ball to be traumatising
I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul! :D

I don't break the rules, I expand them for my need.

Minnie Duke Lucy Hills
OOC Let's Chat!
Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 21:40 Hopefully, don't want Aston's first ball to be traumatising
I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul! :D
did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Aston Beckett
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
♬⋆.˚ Ariam Vargas
OOC Let's Chat!
Aston Beckett wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:23
Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 21:40 Hopefully, don't want Aston's first ball to be traumatising
I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul! :D
did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)
She did, but the only thing that happened for her was that she got poisoned by the drinks. (I was organizing that ball, so I did it on purpose)

I don't break the rules, I expand them for my need.

Minnie Duke Lucy Hills
OOC Let's Chat!
Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:25
Aston Beckett wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:23
Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22
Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 21:40 Hopefully, don't want Aston's first ball to be traumatising
I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul! :D
did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)
She did, but the only thing that happened for her was that she got poisoned by the drinks. (I was organizing that ball, so I did it on purpose)
dang, yeah that can't have been fun for her IC, I'm curious to see what this ball will be like, hope it'll be good

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗ Aston Beckett
Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage
♬⋆.˚ Ariam Vargas
Back 7939 / 18141