Register
Sign in
15 Mar 2018, 02:12
 Locked  A Translation Error?

Hello everyone! 

This topic has been opened to helps us keep a record of each translation errors that can be found on the website. It will be easier for the staff to regroup them and to revise them as soon as possible! Following this model would also help us greatly! (You can post your translation error below this!) 
Model Translations Errors

Description of the problem:
Place on the website:
Image of the problem:
Suggestion of correction: 

Thank you for your understanding! 
Hogwarts.io Staff

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
31 Aug 2019, 01:40
Description of the problem: Types of pets are labelled in French.
Place on the website: On players' profiles.
Image of the problem: (click link)Image
Suggestion of correction: Possibly changing the coding to change the name of the item.

Translations:
Chat - Cat
Boursoufflet - Pygmy Puff
Chouette/Hibou - Owl
grenouille - frog

Koko · #85200C
Alluring · Eva. Man. · Scream · Calming Presence · Charm · Keeper's Catch
20 · 10 · 3 · 7 · 5 · 17
·
Cyrus · #000000
Fearless · Obnox. Strong · Charmer · Impartial · Poison Res. · Spell Spread
10 · 10 · 10 · 16 · 10 · 10
31 Aug 2019, 01:47
Description of the error: The word "Réglages" is written on the button that I assume is meant to say "Settings" in the Owl menu

Place on the website: when you press the letter on the top right of the screen that leads you to the owl page, there is a header with buttons like "Received", "Flying", and "General". Along with that (at least on mobile), there are three bars. When you press the button with the three bars there are two more that show up: "Drafts" and "Réglages"

Suggestion: turning the word "Réglages" into "Settings" or "Controls"

Wisdom: 11 - Arcane Power: 12 - Accuracy: 11 - Stamina: 7 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 17
Binding Mark - Blind Vision - Paragon of Health
14 Mar 2020, 01:17
Description of the problem: The description for the book "The Philosophy of the Mundane" is "Why the muggles prefer not to know?"

Place on the Website: Flourish and Blotts, Diagon Alley

Suggested Correction: Replace the description to either "Why the Muggles prefer not to know." Or "Why do the Muggles prefer not to know?"

Wisdom: 11 - Arcane Power: 12 - Accuracy: 11 - Stamina: 7 - Strength: 3 - Evasion: 17
Binding Mark - Blind Vision - Paragon of Health
1 Apr 2020, 18:46
Description of the problem || Spelling Error
Place on the website || Defense Against the Dark Arts Forum
- Image of the problem -

Suggestion of correction || Defence to Defense? [Kind of small, apologies~]
** I only bring this up because defence is spelled differently in the report card... thought it would be worth noting.
Last edited by Rafael Waincroft on 1 Apr 2020, 19:04, edited 2 times in total.

I probably haven't collected my allowance yet.
1 Apr 2020, 19:01
Koko Riddle wrote: Description of the problem: Types of pets are labelled in French.
Place on the website: On players' profiles.
Image of the problem: (click link)Image
Suggestion of correction: Possibly changing the coding to change the name of the item.

Translations:
Chat - Cat
Boursoufflet - Pygmy Puff
Chouette/Hibou - Owl
grenouille - frog
This is still the case

“You may shoot me with your words, you may cut me with your eyes, you may kill me with your hatefulness, but still, like air, I'll rise!”
- Maya Angelou
1 Apr 2020, 19:29
Description of the problem: Spelling error
Place on the website: All shops/Areas you can buy something
Image of the problem:

Suggestion of correction: *Your basket is empty

P.S.xx𓆩*𓆪xxL.S.
2 Jul 2020, 00:28
Description of the problem:
This is honestly such a small thing that I feel bad posting about it, but the current wording used for pagination on the site is "# on #" (i.e. '1 on 3'). A more natural way of saying this in English would instead be "# of #" (i.e. '1 of 3').

Place on the website:
All forums, subforums, and threads with multiple pages

Image of the problem:

Suggested correction:
on -> of
12 Jan 2021, 01:29
Description of the problem: Search now says vous and searchs should be "searches." (p sure this wasn't there earlier; presume it is from the update; thank you for all your hard work, Zach)

Place on the Website:

Image:

Suggested correction: You can search an exact expression ("expression to search"), a word which must (+word) or must not be found (-word), use logical operators (and, or) or partial searches (wo*).

(the last part (wo*) is not a necessary change, just because I like parallel formatting lmao)

Do note that there are two users of searchs in the screenshot. :)

EDIT: I actually reread :' ) added one more thing
26 Jan 2021, 14:37
Locking this thread. Please follow this link if you need to report a translation error.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.