Register
Sign in

21 Aug 2019, 16:29
Random Spacing in Posts
Hi, I don't know if this is a good question or not... In my encyclopedia, sometimes when I edit posts, it adds an extra space in between the lines even though I'm pretty sure I haven't coded it to do so. Is it just a bug, or is it something I'm doing wrong, since I haven't seen the same problem in other people's encyclopedias? And it's only in my encyclopedia posts--my RP and other posts are fine.Thank you!

--Thora Larkston

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground [T. Roosevelt]
Encyclopedia » [x] | Dialogue » #005F1C

21 Aug 2019, 17:22
Random Spacing in Posts
When that happens to me, it's usually because the coding has gone onto two lines. For example,
[center-pretend this is the opening] Text here
[/center - pretend this is the close]
Usually, I just go through the code and remove any of the line spaces that have been created and it will then work. If you press the "< >" shaped button, it shows the source + the actual coding of the post. You can see the line spaces there and remove them on that, before hitting submit. [If that makes sense]. 

Looking at your RP post, there's a lot of excess codes that have been added. For example:
Sorting Ceremony 2018-19
--Great Hall

--Closed
This bit, if you look at the code, has "[left*][font=Helvetica*]TEXT HERE[/font*][/left*]" on every line, which is causing the issue. You only need it at the start + at the end of the bits you want on the left + with that font.

You'll want to go through the source code and delete all of the excess ones to remove the spaces.

Cunning is the art of concealing our own defects, and discovering other people's weaknesses.
STA: 15 | EVA: 9 | STR: 2 | WIS: 20 | AP: 10 | ACC: 14
Sixth Sense | Evasive Maneuvers | Perfectionist | Poison Resistance

29 Aug 2019, 17:31
Random Spacing in Posts
Thank you, I think that resolved my problem!! (This doesn't have to be 200 words right??? :P )
Last edited by Thora Larkston on 29 Aug 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.

Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground [T. Roosevelt]
Encyclopedia » [x] | Dialogue » #005F1C

29 Aug 2019, 17:37
Random Spacing in Posts
No the only posts that have to be 200 words are the ones apart of an RP thread, or any roleplay in general. Questions don't apply to the WC!!

Hope this helped!

Brielle Gray ゚・:*。(ꈍᴗꈍ)ε`*)~。*:・゚
Proudly Veela
Strength: 5 Evasion: 5 Stamina: 4 Wisdom: 5 Arcane Power: 5 Accuracy: 6