Beyond the Words
Week 1
The Spark: What Are You Writing?
This week is about turning "I have an idea" into something resembling a story.
The Elevator Pitch: Describe your story in 50 words or fewer.
One of the side characters in Olivia's favorite book becomes real, only for Olivia to realize he's much deeper than how the author wrote him. And then the question becomes; does he go back to his world, or stay?
Then try again in one sentence.
A girl realizes how a character from her favorite book has much more depth to him as he becomes real in her world.
Three Things I Know:
1. The book character isn't one of Olivia's favorite characters, although she liked him
2. The book character has his own issues and past
3. They will end up having feelings for each other
Three Things I haven't figured it out yet:
1. What the book is about
2. Whetever the book character has magical abilites or not
3. How the character ended up becoming real
The Promise: I want this story to make the reader feel intrigued and curious because I want them to be very interested in getting to know the characters better, and possibly relating to them
CHALLENGE. Steal This Prompt: Pick one of these 10 elements and incorporate it somehow into your concept.
- A locked door
- An unwanted inheritance
- A lie told at dinner
- Something buried beneath a tree
- An embarrassing lie
- A secret
- Something very very pink
- A monster
- A sport game
- A story within a story