𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓲𝓭𝓮
๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐๐ธ๐พ๐ผ๐ฎ ๐๐ฎ๐ท๐ฎ๐ช๐ฝ๐ฑ ๐ฝ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ฃ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ฎ
Genre: Fantasy / Mystery
Atmosphere: Dark, mysterious, atmospheric
Main Character: Young woman
Romance: A small subplot
__________________________________________________________________________________
โฆ ๐ฆ๐ฑ๐ช๐ฝ ๐๐ถ ๐ ๐ฆ๐ป๐ฒ๐ฝ๐ฒ๐ท๐ฐ?
To be honest, I'm still figuring that out. With college and everything, my brain is fried, but I do know that I want to write a fantasy mystery story that has a slightly dark and mysterious atmosphere. I'll have it be centered around a young woman who finds herself caught up in a mystery which she doesn't fully understand. For now though, the title and beginnings of this idea are all I have. The rest of the story will hopefully come together throughout Preptober!
__________________________________________________________________________________
โฆ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ฝ๐ธ๐ป๐
Elara Vale who's twenty years old unexpectedly inherits an old manor in a mysterious coastal town from a relative she never knew. However the inheritance comes with one strange condition she must live in the house for 30 days before she can sell it. But shortly after arriving she begins to notice things that shouldn't even be possible. Through the empty hallways footsteps echo. Doors that are supposed to be locked are found open. Old photographs seem to change. And every single night at midnight she hears the sounds of waves beneath the house... even though the manor itself isn't near water, though it is a seaside manor. As Elara begins to investigate she discovers old journals, forgotten family secrets, and even stories about mysterious beings supposedly living beneath the sea. The more she leans the more she realizes that the stories she's been told about her family and then creatures beneath Blackwater may not actually be true. And whatever had happened in the manor all those years ago may be connected to why she was given the house in the first place.
__________________________________________________________________________________
โฆ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฒ๐ท๐ฐ๐ผ ๐ ๐๐ท๐ธ๐
- Elara is the protagonist.
- The story will combine fantasy and mystery.
- The manor and the coastal town will be important locations.
โฆ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฒ๐ท๐ฐ๐ผ ๐ ๐๐ธ๐ท'๐ฝ ๐๐ท๐ธ๐ ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฝ
- What exactly is beneath the house?
- What happened to Elara's great-aunt?
- Who or what is responsible for the supernatural events?
โฆ๐๐ป๐ฎ๐น๐ฝ๐ธ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ป ๐๐ป๐ธ๐ฐ๐ป๐ฎ๐ผ๐ผ
๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ด 1 โ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ข๐น๐ช๐ป๐ด
The Elevator Pitch
Three Things I Know
The Promise
Steal This Prompt
๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ด 2 โ ๐๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ฝ ๐ฝ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐๐ช๐ผ๐ฝ
โ Character Interrogations
โ Wants / Needs / Fears
โ Bad Decisions Department
๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ด 3 โ ๐๐พ๐ฒ๐ต๐ญ ๐ฝ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ข๐ฝ๐ธ๐ป๐
โ The Skeleton
โ Twenty Possibilities
โ The Disaster Ladder
โ Meanwhile...
๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ด 4 โ ๐๐ฎ๐ฝ'๐ผ ๐๐ฎ๐ฝ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ธ๐พ๐ฐ๐ฑ๐ฝ๐ผ!
โ Give thoughts on 5 participants' threads
Last edited by Latoya Driskell on 3 Oct 2026, 18:43, edited 1 time in total.
โถ๐๐๐ฅ๐ ๐ช๐ ๐ป๐ฃ๐๐ค๐๐๐๐โถ
"Like The Tide, I Always Find My Way Home" |
𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓗𝓸𝓾𝓼𝓮 𝓑𝓮𝓷𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓣𝓲𝓭𝓮
๐ฆ๐ฎ๐ฎ๐ด 1 โ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐ข๐น๐ช๐ป๐ด
โฆ ๐๐ต๐ฎ๐ฟ๐ช๐ฝ๐ธ๐ป ๐๐ฒ๐ฝ๐ฌ๐ฑ
50 Words or Fewer:
After inheriting a mysterious manor that's 30 minutes away from the sea Elara Vale discovers strange occurrences within the house and begins to unravel a decade old mystery which involves her family, a restless ghost, and mysterious beings that are said to live beneath the sea.
One Sentence:
When Elara Vale inherits a mysterious manor that's seaside she uncovers a supernatural family secret which forces her to question absolutely everything that she knows about the town and even what truly lurks beneath the sea.
__________________________________________________________________________________
โฆ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ป๐ฎ๐ฎ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฒ๐ท๐ฐ๐ผ ๐ ๐๐ท๐ธ๐
What I Know
- Elara Vale is the protagonist
- She is a young woman who unexpectedly inherits a mysterious manor from a relative that she never knew
- The story takes place around a mysterious coastal town.
- The town has its own legends and secrets surrounding the sea and Elara's family.
- Something supernatural is happening.
- Somehow the manor, a msyterious ghost, and the beings beneath the sea are all connected
- What exactly are the beings beneath the sea?
- What happened to Elara's great-aunt?
- What is the true connection between Elara's family and the supernatural events?
โฆ ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฎ ๐๐ป๐ธ๐ถ๐ฒ๐ผ๐ฎ
"I want this story to make the reader feel curious, uneasy, and completely absorbed in the mystery."
I want the reader to constantly feel like there's another secret waiting to be uncovered. I want the manor and the town to feel mysterious enough that the reader questions what is real; all the while, the supernatural elements create a sense of unease. And most importantly I want the readers to keeping turning the page (u know what I mean!!) because they need to know what happens next.
__________________________________________________________________________________
โฆ ๐๐ฑ๐ช๐ต๐ต๐ฎ๐ท๐ฐ๐ฎ โ ๐ข๐ฝ๐ฎ๐ช๐ต ๐ฃ๐ฑ๐ฒ๐ผ ๐๐ป๐ธ๐ถ๐น๐ฝ
A Locked Door
Elara discovers a locked door somewhere inside the manor which appears to have been sealed shut for decades. Nobody in towns seems willing to explain what is behind the door and Elara's family apparently went to great lengths in order to make sure that door remained closed. The more Elara learns about her family's history the more important the door seems to beome. Why is it locked? What's behind it? And most importantly why did her family want to make sure nobody not even her ever opened it?
โถ๐๐๐ฅ๐ ๐ช๐ ๐ป๐ฃ๐๐ค๐๐๐๐โถ
"Like The Tide, I Always Find My Way Home" |