A War We Wove
For Preptober!
The Sprint:
Knotted Threads
Used a random word generator and got these 3 words: Admire / Proper / Thread
Initial thoughts: Takes place in the Renaissance period (a time centered around "proper" social hierarchy?), perhaps a series of short stories that interweave (like "thread"? A play on words for both act and phrasing of the term), that each plot focuses around undeniable fate-driven relationships (for "admire"?).
A Battle Worth Winning
Did it again and got these 3 words instead: Secure / Battlefield / Faithful
Initial thoughts: The (battlefield?) could either be literal (physical) war field or rhetorical (boundary) like a journey of a relationship or development of a mental battle. (Securing?) could either be related to winning the battle, or ensuring certain these are achieved to regain mental clarity. (Faithful?) could be depicted either in a religious sense or a bond building sense of trust and resilience in human relationships.
Tatsu graciously agreed that we should combine the two concepts, thus the title is now:
A War We Wove.
The Spark: What Are You Writing?
Oct 1 - Oct 9
This week is about turning "I have an idea" into something resembling a story.
The Elevator Pitch: Describe your story in 50 words or fewer. Then try again in one sentence.
A couple struggles to survive the battles presenting both inside and outside their home during a ongoing international war.
Three Things I Know:
1. The couple consists of a typical man and woman.
2. There is an active and ongoing international war.
3. Love survives by the end...
What I Don't Know:
1. The names of any of the characters. I want to develop their names AFTER I have developed each of their personalities more.
2. Will need to brush up on what happens to society during wartimes to best develop the impact of war on the couple's relationship :')
3. What exactly are the "obstacles" their relationship endures
The Promise: Complete the following phrase: "I want this story to make the reader feel like love can survive the impossible."
Back when I was in my English Honors courses, we read a lot of dystopian / tragic classic novels like 1984 and Fahrenheit 451. I want A War We Wove to have a similar vibe but primarily focus on how the couple specifically always chooses each other despite the wartime circumstances around them that are completely out of their control. Instead of like a protagonist vs Big Brother.
CHALLENGE. Steal This Prompt: Pick one of these 10 elements and incorporate it somehow into your concept.
- A locked door
- An unwanted inheritance
- A lie told at dinner
- Something buried beneath a tree
- An embarrassing lie
- A secret
- Something very very pink
- A monster
- A sport game
- A story within a story
Will have to narrow it down...maybe?
"You look like you need some Pixy Stixs! Want one?"