Register
Sign in

16 Oct 2023, 15:39
Voting!
Thought I'd just start a new topic for this in case other people keep having the same problem as me. Recently, every now and then, the voting system only gives me credit for +3 points when I voted one time every day for 7 days in a row. Most of the time I always get the +5 points. But 3-4 weeks ago I only got +3 points. And then today (this week) I only got +3 points. All the other times/all the other weeks I've been getting +5 points like clockwork. I make sure to vote every time I see it pop up in remembrall. So I don't know why I'm getting +3 points sometimes and +5 points all the other times. It's kind of annoying. I wanted to do this thread in case other people have the same problem too. Note, this does NOT happen every week. It only happens randomly. I'd like to get my other +2 points back because I know I voted every day, I've been like a hawk on this ever since the first time I got +3 points after voting every day for 7 days in a row.

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE
sta • 9 | eva • 12 | str • 2 | wis • 7 | arc • 4 | acc • 10
MAIN STORY
kim - tone

16 Oct 2023, 16:08
Voting!
Kim Sato wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 15:39 Thought I'd just start a new topic for this in case other people keep having the same problem as me. Recently, every now and then, the voting system only gives me credit for +3 points when I voted one time every day for 7 days in a row. Most of the time I always get the +5 points. But 3-4 weeks ago I only got +3 points. And then today (this week) I only got +3 points. All the other times/all the other weeks I've been getting +5 points like clockwork. I make sure to vote every time I see it pop up in remembrall. So I don't know why I'm getting +3 points sometimes and +5 points all the other times. It's kind of annoying. I wanted to do this thread in case other people have the same problem too. Note, this does NOT happen every week. It only happens randomly. I'd like to get my other +2 points back because I know I voted every day, I've been like a hawk on this ever since the first time I got +3 points after voting every day for 7 days in a row.
It's a matter of timezones as well. Hio runs in French time, so if you vote at different times every day (less or more than 24 hours apart) it could be that you accidentally skipped a day or voted twice in one day in French time. Only way to avoid that is keeping track of French time, and that goes for everyone who doesn't share the timezone, so points will not be awarded manually for that.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-10 | Arc-9 | Acc-14

16 Oct 2023, 19:28
Voting!
Oooo I see I see. Okay, how do I know what time French time is versus my time which is EST? Also, I usually vote as soon as I see the notification pop up in my remembrall, how do I vote faster?

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
MAIN STORY
kim - tone

16 Oct 2023, 19:30
Voting!
Kim Sato wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 19:28 Oooo I see I see. Okay, how do I know what time French time is versus my time which is EST? Also, I usually vote as soon as I see the notification pop up in my remembrall, how do I vote faster?
The site is six hours ahead of us Kim. I'm EST. For me, the notifications pop up at 3am our time.

Which iirc is 9am their time.

“There are people dying. Oh, and it's time to lend a hand to life, the greatest gift of all” - We Are The World (USA For Africa)

16 Oct 2023, 19:56
Voting!
Okay so it will always pop up at 3AM our time? Even if you vote at a time that's not 3AM? I know for daily scholarship it's 23 hours after you click it. So no matter when you vote, it will always give you notification at 3AM our time? I'll start voting (if I get notification) at same time every day starting tomorrow if that's the case. I already voted today but forgot when.

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
MAIN STORY
kim - tone

16 Oct 2023, 20:18
Voting!
Kim Sato wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 19:56 Okay so it will always pop up at 3AM our time? Even if you vote at a time that's not 3AM? I know for daily scholarship it's 23 hours after you click it. So no matter when you vote, it will always give you notification at 3AM our time? I'll start voting (if I get notification) at same time every day starting tomorrow if that's the case. I already voted today but forgot when.
I don't know for sure, but in my timezone, currently EEST I have notification at 10 am, so I usually wait some minutes after I got it and then go to vote or on some weeks I vote directly at 10 am my time. So far I didn't have any problems with HP for voting, I'm getting as I should. But I'm trying to vote at the same time through the week, so if I voted some minutes after notification, I do it through whole week

Will is able to change even the lines on our palms
────────────・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ────────────
✮Linda Ramirez✮-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-Kaya Rose Bennett-ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ-

16 Oct 2023, 20:52
Voting!
Kim Sato wrote: 16 Oct 2023, 19:56 Okay so it will always pop up at 3AM our time? Even if you vote at a time that's not 3AM? I know for daily scholarship it's 23 hours after you click it. So no matter when you vote, it will always give you notification at 3AM our time? I'll start voting (if I get notification) at same time every day starting tomorrow if that's the case. I already voted today but forgot when.
From Zach last year. viewtopic.php?p=363774&hilit=vote#p363774
Zachary Winslow wrote: 5 Mar 2022, 11:45 Probably a problem of timing. You need to get a new notification to revote, as the "recouting" occurs on a specific timezone which may not be yours!

It will notify you with a dot next to it inside the 0.8 transparency black box (aka the dark sections of your notification if that made sense) when its new, you know what it looks like. When you have new notifications it will do the same. That means in order to vote and get the points, you can vote once the notification pops up.

Just watch me. I'm going to be the shooting star that rains down sparkles. Do I know where this saying is from, no.