Register
Sign in

2 May 2018, 12:41
Help - I want a pet
Maybe someone can help? I'm going into the Magical Menagerie again and again. And I find many posts about pets - but no pets. WHY? Are firsties not allowed to have pets? Can't you get in here without enough money (how much money do you need?)? Do you have to have earned a certain amount of house-points?
Please help quick!

Be yourself, everyone else is already taken.

2 May 2018, 12:46
Help - I want a pet
The pets aren't available yet, but I think they will be. The site is still pretty new, so give it some time and I'm sure pets will come some day. 

though yeah, I want a pet too

faceclaim: Yvonne Michel |
STA: 3 | AGI: 3 | STR: 5 | CON: 4 | ARCP: 8 | ACC: 7 |

2 May 2018, 15:28
Help - I want a pet
Kathleen Taylor wrote: Maybe someone can help? I'm going into the Magical Menagerie again and again. And I find many posts about pets - but no pets. WHY? Are firsties not allowed to have pets? Can't you get in here without enough money (how much money do you need?)? Do you have to have earned a certain amount of house-points?
Please help quick!
Hello,

Ava is correct. The pet system isn't out yet. It needs to be coded, so it will take a while. Once it's ready and realised, everyone will be allowed to get a pet (including first years!). I imagine they will range in price, depending on the animal. 

So my advice for now, is collect your daily scholarship and start saving up!! 

(I don't think house points matter in terms of the pet system).

Thank you,

Serena, Hufflepuff Prefect

Part-Goblin | Evasive Maneuvers | Beastmaster | Paragon of Health
Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15

2 May 2018, 15:37
Help - I want a pet
Ah, okay... but what I don't understand: Some people HAVE pets! Does anyone know where they got them?

2 May 2018, 15:49
Help - I want a pet
Kathleen Taylor wrote: Ah, okay... but what I don't understand: Some people HAVE pets! Does anyone know where they got them?
Can you name any? And I'll check :)
The only one who should have one right now is the Headmaster - Zachary. As he was testing how it would look on his own account. 

Stamina: 10 | Evasion: 17 | Strength: 3 | Wisdom: 15 | Arcane Power: 10 | Accuracy: 15

2 May 2018, 15:55
Help - I want a pet
Serena Towers wrote: 2 May 2018, 15:49
Kathleen Taylor wrote: Ah, okay... but what I don't understand: Some people HAVE pets! Does anyone know where they got them?
The only one who should have one right now is the Headmaster - Zachary. As he was testing how it would look on his own account. 
Oops: you're right, it actually IS the headmaster. Will we (students) be notified if pets are available or do we need to check in the MM from time to time?

2 May 2018, 16:07
Help - I want a pet
Kathleen Taylor wrote:
Serena Towers wrote:
Oops: you're right, it actually IS the headmaster. Will we (students) be notified if pets are available or do we need to check in the MM from time to time?
There will be an announcement about it, I'd assume!  It might take several months, however, as I know the headmaster is busy and there's a few other systems that the team are working on developing first. But yes, you'll know when it's out!

2 May 2018, 16:10
Help - I want a pet
Serena Towers wrote: 2 May 2018, 16:07
Kathleen Taylor wrote:
Serena Towers wrote:
There will be an announcement about it, I'd assume!  It might take several months, however, as I know the headmaster is busy and there's a few other systems that the team are working on developing first. But yes, you'll know when it's out!
OK, Thanks. Other systems? What are these?

2 May 2018, 16:14
Help - I want a pet
Kathleen Taylor wrote: OK, Thanks. Other systems? What are these?
Various other systems, to be honest. We are fine-tuning the Quidditch system. Hopefully we will be able to release the duelling system soon too and more events.

I don't want to give a lot away right now but the staff are working really hard on several different things. A couple should be out in the next month or two. Whilst the rest might take a bit longer.

1 Jun 2018, 08:28
Help - I want a pet
Hey, are the books going to be readable anytime soon?