OOC Let's Chat!

I call it football, but there are so many Americans here that I started saying soccer so I don't have to clarify every single time :lol:

Morningggg yall :wow:

Life is like a box of Bertie Botts Every Flavour Beans; you never know what you are going to get.

OOC Let's Chat!
Natasha Blackwood wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 00:43 I just wanted to say that so many people say soccer here. I check their backstories and everything, but they have no reason to be saying soccer! It's football. If you're English, even if you're not OCC, you should say football! It drives me crazy.
Calling it football is weird when I'm american and the football I know of is the football I was talking about earlier :sob: yk, the one where you kick a brown egg shaped ball and run into people and tackle them to the ground and give them concussions? That one

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark

OOC Let's Chat!
But still, it just makes me annoyed.

Click this
If you're a parseltongue click this
When all think alike, then no one is thinking.

OOC Let's Chat!
Oh it annoys more people than I can think of, it's just.. a default lol. Now, if I talk about soccer in roleplays, I will say football (soccer) as clarification.

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark

OOC Let's Chat!
Ya that makes sense to say football (soccer).

Click this
If you're a parseltongue click this
When all think alike, then no one is thinking.

OOC Let's Chat!
Elmo Break wrote: 16 Feb 2026, 20:28
I was reading the CNY errand as posted by @Erast Yan and I couldn't help but feel like Draco would be like "yeah that's right admire me, make me famous, pay me royalties to use my image"

Something along the lines too where he'd maybe be standing next to a cardboard cutout saying to take a photo from my left side, it's my better side. Claiming it as intellectual property :nod:
Elmo! :wow: Draco wanting to claim royalties would be hilarious. "Did you get permission from my father :disgusted:?" I wonder if he'll still be that silly stuck-up in 2026 to do that though... Considering he's a widower and single father </3

If this trend caught on during young Draco's time, lawsuits would be flying HAHA.

To live is to be loved ♡
Come visit The Fox Den.

OOC Let's Chat!
Natasha Blackwood wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 00:51 But still, it just makes me annoyed.
its weird how people say different things, like even ic me and Ellie talk different. I mean, people just say different things, do you call fries chips where you are from?

✧-✧-✧They say that words are stronger
than actions but word's can also hurt more✧-✧-✧
✿
ℂ𝕙𝕚𝕝𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕝𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕤 ❀
✿

OOC Let's Chat!
Ellie Randensmith wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 01:04
Natasha Blackwood wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 00:51 But still, it just makes me annoyed.
its weird how people say different things, like even ic me and Ellie talk different. I mean, people just say different things, do you call fries chips where you are from?
No, just fries. Or french fries

Click this
If you're a parseltongue click this
When all think alike, then no one is thinking.

OOC Let's Chat!
yk id be so confused if you were talking about chips and have in your hand fries and talk about fries and have in your hand chips.

In my mind and in my car, we can't rewind, we've gone too far. (Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles)
Clark

OOC Let's Chat!
Vladislav Liam Gunther wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 00:48
Natasha Blackwood wrote: 17 Feb 2026, 00:43 I just wanted to say that so many people say soccer here. I check their backstories and everything, but they have no reason to be saying soccer! It's football. If you're English, even if you're not OCC, you should say football! It drives me crazy.
Calling it football is weird when I'm american and the football I know of is the football I was talking about earlier :sob: yk, the one where you kick a brown egg shaped ball and run into people and tackle them to the ground and give them concussions? That one
Same! :lol: I always get confused when someone says football instead of soccer.

Be the change you wish to see
in the world.