18 Sep 2024, 23:42
Let's Chat!
At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another readerAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetentEmily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35I think I pestered them too much about dNPCsAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?
Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it
Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
18 Sep 2024, 23:47
Let's Chat!
Reducio
Emily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:42At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another readerAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetentEmily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35I think I pestered them too much about dNPCsAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?
Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it![]()
thank Emily, tbh it did start similar to my own life story, but I'm glad i was able to change it to make it special to him, to make it his story instead of mine, I'm very happy with what i have planned
late fourth year/ early fifth year is gonna be horrible for him
18 Sep 2024, 23:57
Let's Chat!
Aww not baby Aston!Aston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:47ReducioEmily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:42At least yours is very "human" and grounded. A touch of that realism is always a short-fire way to generate impactful storytelling - whether or not it's something personal to you, it will be for another readerAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:39yeah i get what you mean, like all magical school stories it's hard to rise the stakes in the school without making the staff or the villain seem incompetentEmily Shephard wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:35I think I pestered them too much about dNPCsAston Beckett wrote: 18 Sep 2024, 23:30 yeah makes sense, the site got some rules around antagonistic dNPCs i think, best to get them sorted out before the actual plot, all i have for Aston are personal drama
I just don't see anything else exciting happening for my characters unless I go beyond the scope of IC Hogwarts, if that makes sense?
Emily's story is all about duality of men, distinguishing men from monsters and intent from instinct. It's hard to do that in a confined space where all she does is ask someone if they're a magical race and how it feels. It just doesn't have the same impact I'd like. But if you throw her into a group of antagonists that are actively trying to prove her wrong, then that's what will help me write her better.
Aston's one is basically family drama, him dealing with the fact that people change for better or for worse, that he can't expect them to stay the same and he has to learn to get over it and find his way to deal with it![]()
thank Emily, tbh it did start similar to my own life story, but I'm glad i was able to change it to make it special to him, to make it his story instead of mine, I'm very happy with what i have planned![]()
late fourth year/ early fifth year is gonna be horrible for him
Though to be fair, Emily is going to have some harsh treatment next year (probably) and let me tell you, I've got bonkers ideas for her third and fourth year
Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
18 Sep 2024, 23:57
Let's Chat!
aston and emily and their amazing character stories :[ i fear my story revolves too much around scout and zy................ ;[
don't look at me; you can't understand, right? i'm just like a monstrous flower that bloomed too soon
scout fu-hai & zyair ona'je
19 Sep 2024, 00:01
Let's Chat!
Aston's "I totally don't have a crush on him I'm not gay" storyline and his family story line will end around the same time, around the fall ball for his fifth year, i totally can't wait
Nah Scout it's just fine, Scout and Zyair makes for good drama, they have plenty of interesting things about their story apart from their relationship, it's great
Ohh next year? that will be nice Emily, can't wait to read all of it!
Nah Scout it's just fine, Scout and Zyair makes for good drama, they have plenty of interesting things about their story apart from their relationship, it's great
Ohh next year? that will be nice Emily, can't wait to read all of it!
19 Sep 2024, 00:06
Let's Chat!
Emily very much relies on Casey for this year to get some kind of comeuppance or realisation for her. In a way, she's piggy backing off of Casey before I can give her, her own personal problems
Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone
19 Sep 2024, 00:22
Let's Chat!
I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul!
19 Sep 2024, 00:23
Let's Chat!
did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul!![]()
19 Sep 2024, 00:25
Let's Chat!
She did, but the only thing that happened for her was that she got poisoned by the drinks. (I was organizing that ball, so I did it on purpose)Aston Beckett wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:23did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul!![]()
19 Sep 2024, 00:27
Let's Chat!
dang, yeah that can't have been fun for her IC, I'm curious to see what this ball will be like, hope it'll be goodMinnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:25She did, but the only thing that happened for her was that she got poisoned by the drinks. (I was organizing that ball, so I did it on purpose)Aston Beckett wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:23did Minnie go to spring ball? or will this be her first? (not counting the mistletoe spin ofc)Minnie Duke wrote: 19 Sep 2024, 00:22I want all of Minnie's balls to traumatize her deep down to her soul!![]()