OOC Let's Chat!

Colin McCoire wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:47
Emily Shephard wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:32
Simon Kincaid wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:22 I'm a planner. My first character here on hio I didn't plan out and that was a disaster - deactivated her for Simon and I planned out his entire character story and it worked better for me
I plan (small things) as I go along. Had a whole different story for Emily until it all circled the drain... So I just go with the flow instead :wise:
Uh oh! I hope Colin didn't ruin Emily's story!! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
Oop
I just noticed I'm at 600 posts- 601 now

~丨丂卄丨丨 ㄒ卂丨Ҝ丨~
Matching with: Eklipse Kervick
iNPC: Keiju Kusamitsu

OOC Let's Chat!
Marina Alacrán wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:43
Avery Gray wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:35 Okay, so I guess a month of not modding a duel has made me forget this. :lol: Does the critical failure happen on the accuracy check of the caster? For example, the caster got a dice roll of 1 that will be added to their accuracy.
Critical failure happens if you get a 1 (or other low number with certain abilities) on the wisdom check.

But you can also get a critical miss if you roll a nat 1 (or other applicable number) on accuracy!
From the duelling system:
Reducio
Critical Miss:
  • If the Accuracy roll (without the added Accuracy stat) is 1, the attack is considered a Critical Miss.
  • Critical Miss means that the caster missed the intended target completely and the spell is redirected to a random target (opponent or ally, excluding the caster and the original target).
  • For the caster, a new d20 will be rolled but the Accuracy stat will not be added to it.
  • The new target rolls for Evasion and the result is compared to the result of the new Accuracy roll.
  • If there are no players left besides the caster and the original target, the Critical Miss is discarded.


And good luck, Lex!
Thank you so much!

Be the change you wish to see
in the world.

OOC Let's Chat!
Colin McCoire wrote: 4 May 2026, 01:47
Emily Shephard wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:32
Simon Kincaid wrote: 3 May 2026, 17:22 I'm a planner. My first character here on hio I didn't plan out and that was a disaster - deactivated her for Simon and I planned out his entire character story and it worked better for me
I plan (small things) as I go along. Had a whole different story for Emily until it all circled the drain... So I just go with the flow instead :wise:
Uh oh! I hope Colin didn't ruin Emily's story!! :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
Not at all!!

In fact, Colin's been an invaluable partner and friend to Emmi's story! <3 <3 <3

If anything, he's saved it!

Trust Yourself - Love Yourself - Be Yourself
iNPC = Casey Stone

OOC Let's Chat!
Time to put up a Spotify link!-
After I find a code from all the nice people in BBcode donations for it TuT
I can't code-

~丨丂卄丨丨 ㄒ卂丨Ҝ丨~
Matching with: Eklipse Kervick
iNPC: Keiju Kusamitsu

OOC Let's Chat!
Good morning hio!

OOC Let's Chat!
good morning Laasya ^^

STA - 7 | EVA - 8 | STR - 6
WIS - 7 | AP - 5 | ACC - 7
STA - 7 | EVA - 8 | STR - 5
WIS - 4 | AP - 3 | ACC - 8

OOC Let's Chat!
Graci Laren wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:10 good morning Laasya ^^
Graci! Hru?

OOC Let's Chat!
Laasya Manjunath wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:19
Graci Laren wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:10 good morning Laasya ^^
Graci! Hru?
I'm good:) Researching story boarding ^^
How are you ??

STA - 7 | EVA - 8 | STR - 6
WIS - 7 | AP - 5 | ACC - 7
STA - 7 | EVA - 8 | STR - 5
WIS - 4 | AP - 3 | ACC - 8

OOC Let's Chat!
Graci Laren wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:20
Laasya Manjunath wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:19
Graci Laren wrote: 4 May 2026, 02:10 good morning Laasya ^^
Graci! Hru?
I'm good:) Researching story boarding ^^
How are you ??
Good! Just woke up to 7 notifs on Laasya’s account.

OOC Let's Chat!
I'm working on mah communication cards and so far they're going well They're Pokémon themed, so I'm all good

☆"And the stars look very different today"☆ The Dark Cottage inpc Luka Liev Romanoff