Register
Sign in

9 Aug 2021, 11:24
FAQ — Questions
Liana Kerr wrote: 9 Aug 2021, 11:03 I can't seem to change my avatar - I upload the picture, click 'Save' and it says 'Your profile has been updated', but the displayed picture is the same. Are we not allowed to change our avatars ourselves once we've been validated or is it a bug?
That would be a bug, you should be able to change it. You can report the bug in the technical support forum - here's a guide to how to do it properly ^^

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=
breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out
Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9

9 Aug 2021, 12:16
FAQ — Questions
Thanks!

Tarja Akimovna Blavatsky || Kerr & Co. Banner Boutique
Prodigal DADA || Stamina: 5 | Evasion: 5 | Strength: 1 | Wisdom: 9 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 9

9 Aug 2021, 20:36
FAQ — Questions
Hello, does ‘Charmer’ have any affect in Quidditch?

"Do more than just exist."

9 Aug 2021, 20:39
FAQ — Questions
From this page, where all the Quidditch rules are detailed: CLICKY
Charmer effects opponent (user must define at the start of the match, otherwise it would be automatically considered to be the opposite Quidditch Team) accuracy.

Don't confuse my attitude with my personality. My personality is who I am; my attitude depends on who you are.

9 Aug 2021, 20:43
FAQ — Questions
Oh, thanks so much! :biggrin: @Kazuo Shimada

"Do more than just exist."

19 Aug 2021, 08:49
FAQ — Questions
Why is real life age needed for staff applications? Do you have to be a similar age to your character?
Also, what does it mean by 'nickname' please?
Thanks!

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=
Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9

19 Aug 2021, 10:33
FAQ — Questions
Lucia Fox wrote: 19 Aug 2021, 08:49 Why is real life age needed for staff applications? Do you have to be a similar age to your character?
Also, what does it mean by 'nickname' please?
Thanks!
The age gives information about you. It has nothing to do with your character, but it allows staff to have a better idea of how busy your life situation is for example. As an 18 year old you would likely be in a super busy situation with final year of school or maybe in uni, while at 25 you'd probably be working already. Your nickname is the name you want to be called.

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-11 | Arc-9 | Acc-14

19 Aug 2021, 10:42
FAQ — Questions
More than that, the age tells me about the behaviors you have. The experience you might have. If you are trainable (bad habits that we can help eliminate) or set in your ways (older and you have been this way a long time). It also warns me if I need to concern myself with rating standards, I will not ask a 14 year old staff member to deal with a sexually forward user (not that I want anyone to) or a potentially manipulative one (again not that I want anyone to) because without experience those situations can prove dangerous.

The age gives context to a great many things we look at.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

19 Aug 2021, 13:19
FAQ — Questions
Ok, thanks :)

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=

19 Aug 2021, 15:58
FAQ — Questions
For the professor applications, what are you looking for when you ask for and IC or OOC ideas or examples we might have?

A strong woman looks a challenge dead in the eye and gives it a wink – Gina Carey #b65149
Stamina - 4| Evasion - 8| Strength - 7| Wisdom - 1| ArcPower - 4 | Accuracy - 6 Obnoxiously Strong