General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021

Reducio
I'm not supposed to be here.
This isn't real.
I process things slowly. Like, really slow, and the fact that I am currently sitting inside a school for magic, is still not reaching my head properly. I've never seen so many different people sitting in one room, or so much food in fact. That must have been magic, the candles too. A person floats right through the table and up towards the ceiling-no, not a person, a ghost. I've never seen a ghost before. I guess it's a perk of being a witch. Huh, I wonder if I can make things explode.
I glance around the large room. Each table out of the four seems to be sporting there very own colors. Red, Green, Blue, and Yellow. I think they represent the houses like in my past school. My stomach growls softly; The smell of all the food was getting to me. "Be quite" I whisper to my stomach. My friends always told me it was odd, but I really didn't care. I was a left hand person, someone who did things others didn't..or wouldn't. In fact, I can tell you leaves taste like celery juice.
I notice several kids have possessions from home, and suddenly feel home sick. I wonder if they permit music here. My past school, an all girl academy, didn't permit music unless it was some classical piano stuff. I had to sneak out past curfew every once in a while to be able to listen to stuff I actually like. Maybe they have a music room? I hope they have modern day instruments.

Kieryn saw the girl(sorry idk this characters gender) and hearing the ruble she kinda giggled "you can eat ya know?" she shocked herself with the courage she just summoned up. she watched the girls actions she seemed fidgety and almost child like unlike kieryn who had no sense of real childishness left. She knew she was staring so she quickly buried her nose in her book again and blushed slightly hoping the girl (again so sorry) didn't actually hear her and maybe she had said it in her mind. She turned the page and started to get quickly involved again. Turning the pages one after one her eyes flickering over the pages faster then a scared rabbit. soon she was almost finished and she was still rapidly reading though she kept glancing up at people waiting for a signal that they were leaving, she didn't want to be last, she was so short that if she was she wouldn't be able to see anything! Her darn shortness why couldn't be she be tall or something. Her boots only helped so much, because even with them she was still tinier then everyone else. Luckily they weren't leaving yet so she was able to keep sitting and possibly, hopefully finish her book although she kinda wanted to strike up a conversation with this gir. She turned back around "hi im kieryn and you are?"

Kieryn rodriguez~

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Bella keeps quiet, eating slowly and observing everyone sat around her. Many were already making friends and seemed comfortable around each other, she only wished making friends were that easy for her. Looking further down the table, the older students all looked at peace with friends they have gotten to know in past years. She takes another bite out of her Shepherds pie, wishing she had hidden in a book.

Her eyes wonder towards the other tables, watching curiously as people joke around and converse freely. She hears conversations from next to her, should she join in? Refusing to do so, she keep her head low. At this time her and her father would be settling into another night of Quidditch or some other exciting activity, maybe they would even go on night time adventures.

I wonder what he'll be doing? Maybe he's taken up more hours at St Mungo's?

Bella's thoughts drift to the classes she would be beginning soon, excited to learn new things. She'd read a few books on Hogwarts before starting, her father bought her some to prepare her. Although, she always knew there would be many things you can't learn from a book. She glances one last time toward everyone sitting around her, once again taking a bite from her food.

Bella Rivers
~
the greatest moments are those that stick with you forever

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
"Hi, I'm Kieryn..and you are?"
I look over to my side and see a small girl. Long blonde hair falls freely around her shoulders and her tan skin bring out her blue eyes, which seem to change every time she moves. Huh, so this is what you call Ocean Eyes. So pretty, I wish mine were like that. I'm pretty sure mine were dark blue, and "scary" as my brother called it. He said it was like a deep trench trying to swallow you up. I threw my shoes at him.
"I'm Wynter, nice to meet you." I say with a small smile. Unlike those people in teeth commercials, my smile wasn't the best, so I avoid showing teeth and keep my mouth in a relaxed, slightly down turned, position
I wonder if she's from someplace warm, since her tan definitely does not look fake. Maybe she moved? I glance down at my pale hands and frown.
It was funny seeing someone as short as me, and even though it was a pain in the butt, we still had that cute thing going for us.
This girl seemed lively and fun, everything I was not, which made me more curious to how this would all turn out.
"Oh, a book. What's it about?" I ask once I notice it.
I don't read much, but when I do, I love reading thriller, dystopian, and sci-fi. I wonder if we like the same types of books.

Interacting with: @Kieryn Rodriguez

i shine brighter than edward cullen

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Smiling kieryn showed her the cover "its called fablehaven, its about two kids who go to stay with their grandparents and get introduced to a magical world full of fairies!" the more she talked the more her eyes lit up and the faster she spoke. Getting excited she started speaking a mile a minute "I'm on the fourth one and the main character just found out the boy she liked is actually and evil dragon king!" she was slightly bouncing up and down smiling, she didn't smile with her teeth it didn't feel right. she whipped her hair around on accident and hit her(if it isnt a her please tell mee) "oh my im sorry" she quickly grabbed a hairtie and pulled her hair back and even pulled back it went down to her lower back. She watched the girl her eyes were deep blue and her skin pale, she was absolutely beautiful and yet she seemed hesitant and she could tell by her smile that she wasn't to confident. Deciding she was gonna hug her could go both ways so she did it anyway squealing childishly as she did. She was never this full of energy but suddenly she seemed like she needed to put on an act but at the same time this girl made her feel energetic and she wanted to go dance or something.

interacting with: @Wynter Black

Kieryn rodriguez~

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Kieryn talked fast, like super speedy sonic fast, and I liked it. She was reading a book called Fablehaven, and even though it had fairies and some romance, I might try it out. Kieryn made everything sound fun. As she bounced in her seat, her hair hit my face, and I winced-hair hurts if used correctly. She apologized and tied her hair. Even when it was tied, Kieryns' hair still reached her lower back, which I envied. My hair could grow at two speeds. Slow and Slower. I had made a mistake cutting my hair short last year, and it stubbornly would not grow. I couldn't even tie it anymore. I subconsciously grabbed the goblet with water in it and took a sip, still watching Kieryn talk. She suddenly stopped and looked directly at me, and I froze, shifting in my seat. I took another sip of water. Just as I put the cup down, she leaned forward and squeezed me into a big hug. I squeaked. After my little moment of shock, I hugged her back, then pulled away. That was enough human contact for now. I was suddenly very aware of the Piles of food sitting in front of me and my stomach growled at me again, demanding me to eat. "Lets eat some food first Kieryn!" I say, smiling, as I begin to pile anything within the reach of my hand.

Interacting with: @Kieryn Rodriguez

i shine brighter than edward cullen

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
She grabbed a small amount and nibbled smiling as she did, this girl was nice and she coult tell they would be good friends with time. She sneezed in her arm, he way she sneezed made her sound like a child. She blushed and continued nibbling on her food" i also brought another book!" she pulled out another book "its "it" by stephen king, its soooo good" she started bouncing her leg smiling brightly she was about ready to jump up and she almost did but quickly plopped back down and nibbled more. For some reaon she could barely keep still she felt like running around and she started to bite her lip and dig her nails into her hand not knowing she was doing it. She was feeling kind of strssed with worry and she was starting to stress eat, she picked up her goblet and sipped t instead of putting it down she chugged it abd cintinued bouncing her leg. "so what do you like to read?or do you? or- or what do you like to do" she was speaking even faster then before but was now having troubles speaking and was stuttering like always. Fidgeting and playing with her hair staring at the table.

interacting with:@Wynter Black

Kieryn rodriguez~

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
the hat screamed GRYFFINDORThe table with red decoration’s suddenly stood up and screamed! She skipped to the table and sat on the table. The headmaster Solomon Lear said a few words and suddenly a hundred plates of food appeared on the table. She had really lost my appetite because Ashwaria was a muggleborn and Shen couldn’t believe she was magical or going to do real magic but it was extremely overwhelming for her she was so used to muggle studies she loved maths and science more than anything and she knew everything about it but this magical stuff was extremely new and unknown to her. She helped herself with some rice and curry with pudding and a vanilla shake. She saw everywhere people were talking and having fun and she longed for friends too. Ashwaria muttered under her breath “you can do this it’s just a new adventure ok, you.can.do.this.” “So the first step is to make friends, ok I can do this.easy as pie” She approached the girl sitting adjacent to her and said Hi! my name I saw Ashwaria Nair. And you are.?
SHE WAS WAITING FOR HER RESPONSE HOPING SHE WOULD ANSWER AND MAKE A FRIEND
(edited part after @ Scarlet Aidens response)
Ashwaria was waiting for a response when someone opposite of her direction said "um, hi," "I'm Scarlett, and you are...?" a ginger-haired girl said
She replied with a wide grin "hi I am Ashwaria Nair pleasure to meet you"
hoping to get a response from her
Last edited by Ashwaria Nair on 4 Aug 2020, 21:14, edited 2 times in total.

I am a future mars trainee.
"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
[font=Book Antiqua]
Merlin. If there was a way to make Scarlett feel ridiculously uncomfortable, it was sitting near a bunch of Gryffindor first-year girls. She didn't mind them, of course, and even expected to feel some sort of motherly instinct towards them (that's what happens, right?) but no. It was just downright awkward. She now got what all of the older students had been feeling wedged between enthusiastic new kids - who never appreciated being called 'kid', which Scarlett could understand - with their strange expressions. And to think, a year ago, this had been her.

She hoped her thoughts weren't too obnoxious. Her conscience even spread to what she was thinking, apparently. Scarlett decided to try and say hello whilst waiting for some friend to come along. Hopefully someone would. For now, she was on her own. But as the saying goes, Be the change you wish to see in the world.

"Uh, hi," said Scarlett, turning to the brunette near her. It looked like she wasn't integrated into a conversation yet, unlike many others. "I'm Scarlett, and you are...?"

Oh. The brunette was already trying to chat to someone. Talk about awkward. The girl might respond though, and Scarlett hoped she would. Chatting was essential to Scarlett as breathing was for others, and it wouldn't do to have most of the feast in silence whilst she awaited the arrival of her friends.

"And hi to you two as well," said Scarlett, turning to the two others she saw. One was blonde, fidgety and had a book in her hands. The other was a redhead, like her, except her hair was shorter. "Like I said, I'm Scarlett and I've been here before. If you need any help..."

She flashed a confident smile and ate some more food. The first-years didn't seem too bratty, unlike a few of her fellow classmates when they had been eleven. Scarlett really had to start thinking of them as equals though.
[/font]

OOC: I hope you don't mind me crashing your party, haha! :sweatingbullets: @Wynter Black @Kieryn Rodriguez @Ashwaria Nair

chill, it's only chaos

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
Kieryn heard her and looked at her "h-hi im kieryn..." she looked at her feeling like she was annoyed "is there something wrong" she tilted her head and sniffed, blinking her wide eyes continues to fly over her body taking note of every action she made, she was to easy to read so the girl slightly lost her interest but she was still curious. Biting her lip she was paying attention to both girls, trying to be patient even though she was dying to get out of here, what would it feel like to be a second or even third year and see the new life bouncing along the walls. oh no was she bouncing off the walls? she didnt want to come of as a spas or even a brat she quickly changed her persona to portray that she was calm and peaceful. "what year are you scarlett?" she was sniffing the air she smelt cookies, jumping up she looked around sniffing the air once again and then realizing she looked weird she sat down looking embarrassed and hoping no one noticed. Her hair was now out of her hairtie she cursed under her breathe, she loved her hair and never wanted to cut it but so many times it was in the way of everything.

@Scarlett Aden

Kieryn rodriguez~

General The Gryffindor Table 2020-2021
@Scarlett Aden & Welcome new Lions!
Image posted by the member
New year, new students. Piérre could hardly believe that he was one year older, experienced, and wiser (well, at least two of those three). Of course, with a new bounty of lions came the requirement for all the previous Gryffindor to come together to meet and greet the young ones who didn't know what to expect of the school so far. That was the reason for Piérre's presence here, instead of choosing to stay up in the Gryffindor dorms. Piérre felt that it was his personal duty to attend to the younger kids and help them to feel comfortable and have a semblance of safety, despite the reputation of the school in the lad's first year.

Piérre's hair had grown out a little. Not outrageously, but enough that he now had distinctive bangs that he always ruffled across his brow and now gently fell to his shoulders, no farther, for it had been prevented with a trim that Maddie had insisted and complained about until she had to drag Piérre by the ear to the barbershop for a trim. Piérre didn't know how that was fair, especially since his brother, Romeo, currently attending Durmstrang as another Second year jopping to be accelerated to Third, had been permitted to let his hair fall between his shoulderblades, held up only by a neat ponytail. Though, reflecting on it deeper, Piérre thought that perhaps Maddie had ordained those instructions just so that she would be able to tell the brothers apart... if only vaguely.

Reducio
Rolled a d4 to Detirmine House Colour for the Day:

1-
Hufflepuff
2- Ravenclaw
3- Gryffindor
4- Slytherin

Number Rolled: 1
Hufflepuff

As if to reassure his place as the trickster and general absurdity of the school, Piérre had engaged once again in his trickery, exchanging red Gryffindor robes for a puffy black shirt, pants, and yellow suspender straps with a neon yellow bowtie. The way he dressed caused his eyes to glow a shade of green brighter. Today he was dressed as Hufflepuff, the table farthest across the room from them. It was a blend of Victorian and clown, a clever mix of distinguished and playful, perfect to meet the new kids with.

And then there was the food... Magically conjured food, while nowhere as good as his Muggle guardians had made, was still delectable, and always hit the spot to prepare any student for the upcoming years.

Piérre noticed a group of first years all gathered together, and with a huge smile, Piérre took his food over to the posse and notice a student of his own year that he had not yet familiarized himself with. "'Hello! Welcome to Hogwarts, guys!" Piérre plopped down on one side of the first years, next to a lithe, blonde girl with hair down to her waist @Kieryn Rodriguez. Extending a hand, Piérre smiled jovially, causing his eyes to glitter in the mischievous way they always did. "Hi! My name is Piérre Marchonné, I'm kind of a veteran, and so is she!" Piérre gestured to the fellow second year. "Welcome to the house of chivalry and loyalty! What are your names and where are you from?"

Piérre delicately sipped from his pumpkin juice. Magic drink was good... but would it kill to have a Coca-Cola on hand once in a while?

Jesters do oft prove prophets. 𓀚
I am the brother account to Romeo Marchonné & Zyva Hel Fae Skógrwight