24 Feb 2018, 19:00
Compartment 16
Hestia's heart sunk as she watched her parents wave goodbye. This was really happening. She wasn't gonna see them until Christmas. Part of her was excited, part of her was fearful. She had no idea what house she was going to be in- though she dearly hoped for Slytherin like her father- she had no idea what kinds of friends she was going to make if any, and she had barely any idea of what she was going to learn. With a soft sigh she turned from the window and wandered off to find an empty compartment. Most of them it seemed already had students in them, but she did finally find a compartment to herself. Compartment sixteen.
With a deep breath she entered and placed her suitcase on one of the four seats, sitting across from it. She stretched out and leaned back, staring out the window as the train started moving. She watched the scenery pass by the window and leaned against the wall, shutting her eyes and frowning just slightly. She started humming a song from a muggle movie her mother watched all the time, she practically had it memorized by now since she loved watching it with her mother and this specific song was the opening number.
With a deep breath she entered and placed her suitcase on one of the four seats, sitting across from it. She stretched out and leaned back, staring out the window as the train started moving. She watched the scenery pass by the window and leaned against the wall, shutting her eyes and frowning just slightly. She started humming a song from a muggle movie her mother watched all the time, she practically had it memorized by now since she loved watching it with her mother and this specific song was the opening number.
"I'm named after a goddess you know"
24 Feb 2018, 19:50
Compartment 16
BEEP BEEEP BEEP !!!!!!
Alexander grogilly woke up to the loud blaring of an alarm clock. At first in the initial thoughts you always had when waking up he though 'why do I need to get out of bed at this time' Yet not a second later he was ramrod straight and bursting of excitement as he remembered. this was going to be his first day at Hogwarts. He quickly put his clothes on and the day felt like it was going too slow, why did his parents say he needed to be patient when he wanted to go to Hogwarts as soon as possible. This was going to be amazing, he was going to learn magic MAGIC !!!!!. It was as if he was like Luke Skywalker or Eragon. Just your average everyman trust into a strange new world.
Though magic did explain most of the incidents. When he did things that would otherwise have been impossible or at least extremely improbable. And he was going to do the best he could. He would make sure that he had the best time possible and manages to be a cool wizard. But like with Eragon it is a long process before he could be a strong and experienced mage but that was why he was going to Hogwarts.
Soon Alex was at King's Cross station and looked at his ticket, up, ticket, up, ticket up, There definitely were stations 9 and 10 here but 9 3/4 What was this madness, there was no station 9 3/4. But to be honest magic itself is madness, or at least as far as he knew. Since he did not know if there were any laws of magic like it applied to the mundane world. Then he saw quite a few odd families walk towards the third wall between stations 9 and 10. WAIT THE THIRD WALL OF 4 !!!! Alex thought and soon he saw that specific family rush head straight towards a stone wall. And then simply disappear through it. Alex's mouth was gaping with surprise for a bit before he recovered himself. Then he and his parents followed the same thing as the other family did. The carriage was ready to cushion most of the blow in case if he failed and he ran. In those few moments before he hit the wall Alex though 'I am so ******, this is going to go so wrong and soon I'll have a concussion to the head and this amazing dream will be over.
Then he managed to somehow go through the wall, there was a brief moment of blackness before he witnessed in front of him the Hogwarts express. A huge old steam train with red and black colors and there were so many unique people and noises at the station. People with weird or normal animals. People in weird clothes, weird features weird everything. Alex was overwhelmed for a second before he recovered himself and after getting a kiss on his cheek and a hug from both his parents and their partings he made his way onto the train. Waving back before not seeing them again, for most likely a few months though he would of course regularly sent mail to them. He then looked around, many of the compartments were already taken and then he saw one with only a few people in it.
He then knocked on the door for a second before opening it and asking shyly. "Eh, hello can I sit here ? Most of the other places are already mostly occupied." Alex then blushed a bit and rubbed his left arm nervously. Dammit Alex you messed up you should have said that better DON'T EMBARRAS YOURSELF !!!!!
Alexander grogilly woke up to the loud blaring of an alarm clock. At first in the initial thoughts you always had when waking up he though 'why do I need to get out of bed at this time' Yet not a second later he was ramrod straight and bursting of excitement as he remembered. this was going to be his first day at Hogwarts. He quickly put his clothes on and the day felt like it was going too slow, why did his parents say he needed to be patient when he wanted to go to Hogwarts as soon as possible. This was going to be amazing, he was going to learn magic MAGIC !!!!!. It was as if he was like Luke Skywalker or Eragon. Just your average everyman trust into a strange new world.
Though magic did explain most of the incidents. When he did things that would otherwise have been impossible or at least extremely improbable. And he was going to do the best he could. He would make sure that he had the best time possible and manages to be a cool wizard. But like with Eragon it is a long process before he could be a strong and experienced mage but that was why he was going to Hogwarts.
Soon Alex was at King's Cross station and looked at his ticket, up, ticket, up, ticket up, There definitely were stations 9 and 10 here but 9 3/4 What was this madness, there was no station 9 3/4. But to be honest magic itself is madness, or at least as far as he knew. Since he did not know if there were any laws of magic like it applied to the mundane world. Then he saw quite a few odd families walk towards the third wall between stations 9 and 10. WAIT THE THIRD WALL OF 4 !!!! Alex thought and soon he saw that specific family rush head straight towards a stone wall. And then simply disappear through it. Alex's mouth was gaping with surprise for a bit before he recovered himself. Then he and his parents followed the same thing as the other family did. The carriage was ready to cushion most of the blow in case if he failed and he ran. In those few moments before he hit the wall Alex though 'I am so ******, this is going to go so wrong and soon I'll have a concussion to the head and this amazing dream will be over.
Then he managed to somehow go through the wall, there was a brief moment of blackness before he witnessed in front of him the Hogwarts express. A huge old steam train with red and black colors and there were so many unique people and noises at the station. People with weird or normal animals. People in weird clothes, weird features weird everything. Alex was overwhelmed for a second before he recovered himself and after getting a kiss on his cheek and a hug from both his parents and their partings he made his way onto the train. Waving back before not seeing them again, for most likely a few months though he would of course regularly sent mail to them. He then looked around, many of the compartments were already taken and then he saw one with only a few people in it.
He then knocked on the door for a second before opening it and asking shyly. "Eh, hello can I sit here ? Most of the other places are already mostly occupied." Alex then blushed a bit and rubbed his left arm nervously. Dammit Alex you messed up you should have said that better DON'T EMBARRAS YOURSELF !!!!!
Memory is all we are. Moments and feelings, captured in amber, strung on filaments of reason. Take a man’s memories and you take all of him. Chip away a memory at a time and you destroy him as surely as if you hammered nail after nail through his skull
24 Feb 2018, 20:34
Compartment 16
Lucas was nervous. He had never been away from his mother before and he had never really been away from home. In fact, the Hogwarts Express was the first train he had ever been on in his life. Already, so much has happened that he could not believe: learning he was a wizard, getting his wand, walking through a wall to a secret train platform. The nerves swirled with excitement inside him, making him feel like he was about to explode.
As the doors to the train shut, Lucas looked out to his mother as she began to drift past. He would not cry. He never cried. Though, when his sight of her vanished, he couldn't help the sinking sensation in his gut. Not only because he would miss her and wouldn't see her again until the holidays but because he worried about whether she would be able to cope with him not around.
Composing himself, he turned from the window and wandered down the corridor of the train to find a seat. It seemed as though every compartment was full already. Talking was not his speciality so he did not want a seat with too many people. Many may have considered Lucas as boring, but he wasn't (at least he didn't think so), he just was not great at starting a conversation.
Eventually, he came across compartment 16. Only two people were sat inside when he walked past: a red-haired girl and another boy. Slowly sliding open the door, he gave a timid smile to them both. "Erm... is it ok if I sit here?" he asked. "I mean, it's fine if the seats are already taken, I can find somewhere else." He started to ramble a bit so he bit his tongue before he made a fool of himself.
As the doors to the train shut, Lucas looked out to his mother as she began to drift past. He would not cry. He never cried. Though, when his sight of her vanished, he couldn't help the sinking sensation in his gut. Not only because he would miss her and wouldn't see her again until the holidays but because he worried about whether she would be able to cope with him not around.
Composing himself, he turned from the window and wandered down the corridor of the train to find a seat. It seemed as though every compartment was full already. Talking was not his speciality so he did not want a seat with too many people. Many may have considered Lucas as boring, but he wasn't (at least he didn't think so), he just was not great at starting a conversation.
Eventually, he came across compartment 16. Only two people were sat inside when he walked past: a red-haired girl and another boy. Slowly sliding open the door, he gave a timid smile to them both. "Erm... is it ok if I sit here?" he asked. "I mean, it's fine if the seats are already taken, I can find somewhere else." He started to ramble a bit so he bit his tongue before he made a fool of himself.
24 Feb 2018, 21:04
Compartment 16
Alexander would look up as the boy took a seat and motioned to the seat next to him
"If you want you can sit here, the way I see it there is more than enough space left in the compartment." He then was a bit akwardly silent for a moment, not knowing what to say further, as he thought that if he said something else he would make a fool out of himself. It would probaply be smart point to talk about what house both people thought they were going into. It was a safe topic that everyone was sure to talk about. Maybe if the boy or the girl had lived in the wizarding world he ould also ask them some more questions about the wizarding world.
It was quite overwhelming learning of magic and getting a bit more knowledge about how everything worked here would be nice. But Alex then pulled himself back to the topic as he found that his mind was starting to drift far away into the realm of dreaming. He then nervously twisted his thumbs before speaking, though still a bit shyly "So what house does everyone think their house will be ? I know I have no idea yet, I think I have quite a lot of intrests that are quite spead out along the houses. And how do you think we are going to be sorted ? I heard there would be some kind of battle or proof of skill to see what their best talents are, but I think they are mostly rumors."
"If you want you can sit here, the way I see it there is more than enough space left in the compartment." He then was a bit akwardly silent for a moment, not knowing what to say further, as he thought that if he said something else he would make a fool out of himself. It would probaply be smart point to talk about what house both people thought they were going into. It was a safe topic that everyone was sure to talk about. Maybe if the boy or the girl had lived in the wizarding world he ould also ask them some more questions about the wizarding world.
It was quite overwhelming learning of magic and getting a bit more knowledge about how everything worked here would be nice. But Alex then pulled himself back to the topic as he found that his mind was starting to drift far away into the realm of dreaming. He then nervously twisted his thumbs before speaking, though still a bit shyly "So what house does everyone think their house will be ? I know I have no idea yet, I think I have quite a lot of intrests that are quite spead out along the houses. And how do you think we are going to be sorted ? I heard there would be some kind of battle or proof of skill to see what their best talents are, but I think they are mostly rumors."
Memory is all we are. Moments and feelings, captured in amber, strung on filaments of reason. Take a man’s memories and you take all of him. Chip away a memory at a time and you destroy him as surely as if you hammered nail after nail through his skull
24 Feb 2018, 21:32
Compartment 16
Lucas smiled as the boy offered him a seat, thankful that he would not have to go and ask more people for a place to sit. "Thanks. I'm Lucas, by the way," he said timidly, placing his suitcase on his knee. He wasn't sure whether these two people already knew each other so he thought he would be the first to introduce himself for once.
As the boy started to go on about houses and sorting, Lucas started to blush a little. This whole world was completely new to him but he didn't want to seem clueless. Sure, he knew the basics from the quick read he had of the books he purchased and conversations he had overheard but he still felt like he was in the dark. Unknowingly, he started to shake his right leg; a quirk he had that became more noticeable when he was nervous.
"Erm..." he paused for a second. "I don't really know much about all this," he explained, gesturing his hands. Lucas didn't want to say too much in case a person with non-magical heritage was frowned upon. The last thing he wanted was to be hated or alienated in this new place that would be his home for the next few years. He needed to make a good impression on these people and that only piled on more pressure.
As the boy started to go on about houses and sorting, Lucas started to blush a little. This whole world was completely new to him but he didn't want to seem clueless. Sure, he knew the basics from the quick read he had of the books he purchased and conversations he had overheard but he still felt like he was in the dark. Unknowingly, he started to shake his right leg; a quirk he had that became more noticeable when he was nervous.
"Erm..." he paused for a second. "I don't really know much about all this," he explained, gesturing his hands. Lucas didn't want to say too much in case a person with non-magical heritage was frowned upon. The last thing he wanted was to be hated or alienated in this new place that would be his home for the next few years. He needed to make a good impression on these people and that only piled on more pressure.
24 Feb 2018, 21:49
Compartment 16
As Lucas introduced himself Alex briefly ridiculed himself for not introduing himself to Lucas yet. That could be considered a bit rude and Alex did not want toe be rude so he quickly went to solve that issue "My name is Alexander but you can call me Alex, it is a lot easier and quicker to say" Alex says with a nervous smile.
He would also nod in agreement as Lucas said that he did not know much about the magical worlds yet. "Same here, I am as new to this as you probaply are, but I have tried to read as muh as possible about the magical world, reading both Hogwarts a history as well as getting a good overview of history of magic so I can understand what generally goes on in the magical world. Still there is so much to see I ever wonder if I can even start to understand what even goes on in this world."
Alexander then wondered if Lucas even know what the different Hogwarts houses stood for and some of the basic history behind Hogwarts itself. He knew most people were not quite as studious as he was and did not often extensively research everything intersting. "If you want to know a bit more I can at least tell you a little bit about what each house stand for. Whilst I am by no means an expert I am sue I can tell you some of the basics of the houses." Alex then wondered if he had not sounded too condensing, bosssy or as a know-it-all. He certainly didn't hope so since he was trying to help but it would not be the first time people didn't like Alex.
He would also nod in agreement as Lucas said that he did not know much about the magical worlds yet. "Same here, I am as new to this as you probaply are, but I have tried to read as muh as possible about the magical world, reading both Hogwarts a history as well as getting a good overview of history of magic so I can understand what generally goes on in the magical world. Still there is so much to see I ever wonder if I can even start to understand what even goes on in this world."
Alexander then wondered if Lucas even know what the different Hogwarts houses stood for and some of the basic history behind Hogwarts itself. He knew most people were not quite as studious as he was and did not often extensively research everything intersting. "If you want to know a bit more I can at least tell you a little bit about what each house stand for. Whilst I am by no means an expert I am sue I can tell you some of the basics of the houses." Alex then wondered if he had not sounded too condensing, bosssy or as a know-it-all. He certainly didn't hope so since he was trying to help but it would not be the first time people didn't like Alex.
Memory is all we are. Moments and feelings, captured in amber, strung on filaments of reason. Take a man’s memories and you take all of him. Chip away a memory at a time and you destroy him as surely as if you hammered nail after nail through his skull
25 Feb 2018, 00:06
Compartment 16
Hestia stayed somewhat quiet while the two boys conversed, but perked up at the mention of Hogwarts, a History. She had read it all the way through of course, wanting to know all about her new school. "My dad was a Slytherin!" She said proudly, then realized she was kind of butting in on the conversation. "So uh... I want to be a Slytherin too, you know?" she said shyly. "My dad's a wizard, but my mum's a muggle and insisted on raising me like a muggle so I kinda know about the wizarding world but also kinda not..." She glanced down at her lap before looking up at the two again.
"I-I'm Hestia. You know... like the greek goddess?" She said with a worried smile. She didn't want to make herself seem overly proud, but she was certainly proud of her name and wanted to share it's origins with everyone she met. "I... I could tell you guys about Hogwarts if you want... my dad told me a bunch of stories about it..." She spoke softly, tilting her head just slightly. "I mean I probably won't do it any justice, but you know, the more you know the better right?"
"I-I'm Hestia. You know... like the greek goddess?" She said with a worried smile. She didn't want to make herself seem overly proud, but she was certainly proud of her name and wanted to share it's origins with everyone she met. "I... I could tell you guys about Hogwarts if you want... my dad told me a bunch of stories about it..." She spoke softly, tilting her head just slightly. "I mean I probably won't do it any justice, but you know, the more you know the better right?"
"I'm named after a goddess you know"
25 Feb 2018, 20:59
Compartment 16
As Alex hears about greek mythology he has to stop himself from going full geek mode and fawning over it, but allows himself to do so a little bit since he was a bit of a history enthusiast. "Huh Hestia, interesting name. And I know, I have read Percy Jackson, a book series based on greek mythology in it Hestia is an important character. She is the kindest of the gods and is kind to her brother Hades when none other is. She is the kind warm heart all turn to when the day is darkest."
He would also grow a curious look as Hestia told she could tell him more about Hogwarts "Please do so, I am really interested since I don't know a lot about the wizarding world yet. Most of it is still magic to me" he would briefly smile after he made his pun "Still what do you know about Hogwarts. All I know of it is that it is of course a school of magic, it is a castle, and a bit about the four houses and what they represent of course but for the rest I do not know a single bit of what Hogwarts really is. Do you have any really cool stories about it that aren't in the book ?"
He would also grow a curious look as Hestia told she could tell him more about Hogwarts "Please do so, I am really interested since I don't know a lot about the wizarding world yet. Most of it is still magic to me" he would briefly smile after he made his pun "Still what do you know about Hogwarts. All I know of it is that it is of course a school of magic, it is a castle, and a bit about the four houses and what they represent of course but for the rest I do not know a single bit of what Hogwarts really is. Do you have any really cool stories about it that aren't in the book ?"
Memory is all we are. Moments and feelings, captured in amber, strung on filaments of reason. Take a man’s memories and you take all of him. Chip away a memory at a time and you destroy him as surely as if you hammered nail after nail through his skull
26 Feb 2018, 23:49
Compartment 16
"Oh I've heard of that series! Haven't gotten the chance to read the books yet though." She said with a nod. "Dad said Hogwarts was the most wonderful place on earth. He says he'd go back if he could. He always talked about his girlfriend when he was in school. She was in quidditch!" She chirped the last part and thought about the other stories her dad had told her about. She also thought about the heavy competition between houses her dad had told her about. How most people didn't trust him because he ws in Slytherin. But she didn't want to scare this boy, so she kept that part out.
"Dad says that one time, in divination, he broke his tea cup while reading tea leaves, and got a bad reading from his next cup and he had bad luck for the next week. He says he made the cups angry or something." She said with a laugh. "Oh and then in Care of Magical Creatures he made friends with a bowtruckle and it's tree became a kind of hangout spot for him. I wanna find that tree again and see if the bowtruckle likes me too, bowtruckles are my favorite y'know?"
"Dad says that one time, in divination, he broke his tea cup while reading tea leaves, and got a bad reading from his next cup and he had bad luck for the next week. He says he made the cups angry or something." She said with a laugh. "Oh and then in Care of Magical Creatures he made friends with a bowtruckle and it's tree became a kind of hangout spot for him. I wanna find that tree again and see if the bowtruckle likes me too, bowtruckles are my favorite y'know?"
"I'm named after a goddess you know"
28 Feb 2018, 14:09
Compartment 16
Alex listens enthusiasticly about all that Hestia has to say about Hogwarts. Trying to absorb all of the info he can so he can use it at a later date. "Wow Hogwarts sounds like an amazing place. I wonder what kind of things there are there. Quiditch also sounds cool but I don't know a lot of it, though I am most likely not going to do it since I prefer to stay with my solid two feet on the ground. And girlfriends are not really that cool, who knows if they maybe have cooties and spread it to you, br...." Alex says shivering a bit about the idea
When he heard about Divination ALex got a frown and his raised his eyebrows. Personally he did not believe in such a thing as 'predicting the future' or prophecies since the future was always in motion"Divination does not seem like a good or useful subject to me. Except ifyou are talented with it but otherwise you could just as well do something else. But getting bad luck from breaking a cup yikes, I would not like that to happen with me, I really need my luck right now."
Alex also got a curious look on his face once Hestia told him about the bowtruckle and the hangout of it."A bowtruckle you say ? I have read thruogh fantastic beasts and where to find them and read about it but I mostly skim through it, aren't they a bit plantlike or something ?"
When he heard about Divination ALex got a frown and his raised his eyebrows. Personally he did not believe in such a thing as 'predicting the future' or prophecies since the future was always in motion"Divination does not seem like a good or useful subject to me. Except ifyou are talented with it but otherwise you could just as well do something else. But getting bad luck from breaking a cup yikes, I would not like that to happen with me, I really need my luck right now."
Alex also got a curious look on his face once Hestia told him about the bowtruckle and the hangout of it."A bowtruckle you say ? I have read thruogh fantastic beasts and where to find them and read about it but I mostly skim through it, aren't they a bit plantlike or something ?"
Memory is all we are. Moments and feelings, captured in amber, strung on filaments of reason. Take a man’s memories and you take all of him. Chip away a memory at a time and you destroy him as surely as if you hammered nail after nail through his skull