Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up

Image posted by the member

Welcome, roleplayers, to the Dungeons & Dragons club!
This is a place where the D&D roleplayers will come together and play the best fantasy boardgame out there. This is a group for both brought up in the muggle word (ooc meaning: those who have played d&d before) and those who were brought up in the Wizarding World (ooc: haven't played d&d before) alike! All you have to do is sign up, and you will be grouped together with three more roleplayers (four players per group). You can then decide with your players that when and where would you like to play, and which world you will like to choose. Since this is a Hogwarts-only thread, we're not accepting adult members currently.

About Dungeons & Dragons
Dungeons & Dragons is a fantasy tabletop role-playing game originally designed by the muggles Gary Gygax and Dave Arneson. It was first published in 1974 by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc. and now is played throughout the world by both muggles and wizards.
D&D departs from traditional wargaming and assigns each player a specific character to play instead of a military formation. These characters embark upon imaginary adventures within a fantasy setting. A Dungeon Master serves as the game's referee and storyteller while maintaining the setting in which the adventures occur, and playing the role of the inhabitants. The characters form a party that interacts with the setting's inhabitants, and each other. Together they solve dilemmas, engage in battles, and gather treasure and knowledge. In the process the characters earn experience points in order to rise in levels, and become increasingly powerful over a series of sessions.
To learn more about Dungeons and Dragons, and the method to play, follow the step-by-step instructions below:
Step 01: Read the WikiHow Guide. This will give you a basic understanding.
Step 02: Read the Dungeons & Dragons player handbook. Optional
Step 03: Play the online (free) demo.
These three steps are all you need to begin your own DnD adventure!

Groups And Members
Groups

Group 01:
Dot Dutt || Amanda Sparrow || Marian Lynch || Muriel Caroll

Group 02:
Quinn Healy || Anastasia Brown || Lucien Escanora || Samara Heart

Group 03:
Prof. Ayers || Open || Daniel Weaver || Liliafix Tinderly

Group 04:
Open || Open || Open || Open

More groups will be constructed later...


Members

Color coded by house

- Dot Dutt
- Amanda Sparrow
- Quinn Healy
- Daniel Weaver
- Muriel Caroll
- Lucien A. Escanora
- Professor Adelaide Ayers
- Benjamin Golden
- Empty slot
- Empty slot

Sign-up Forms
To sign up, fill this form and send in this thread (no owls, please):. Note, the fields marked with asterisk (*) are mandatory.
The Form
H.io Name*: Please state your Hogwarts.io player name here.
H.io Age*: Not your real age. Your Hogwarts.io age.
House: This is here, so you can be grouped with players from your house.
Posting Status: What's your usual posting status? Weekly, daily, else? Please state.
Your D&D knowledge*: Have you played D&D before? If not, what do you know about D&D (state briefly).
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?*: Yes, or no?
Additional Info: Anything you want to let me know.
That's it, for now. If you have any questions, complains or concerns, do let me know in this thread. Suggestions are welcome as well!


Note: Playing D&D will be IC. Your characters will play D&D.
Last edited by Dot Dutt on 9 Sep 2018, 06:33, edited 13 times in total.

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
H.io Name: Amanda Sparrow
H.io Age: 12
House: Ravenclaw
Posting Status: Every other day
Your D&D knowledge: I have never played D&D before, but I know that it’s a rping game where you have a character and such.
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?: no thank you

“Oh, I may be on the side of the angels, but don't think for one second that I am one of them.”
~ Amanda Sparrow ~
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
Amanda Sparrow wrote: 31 Aug 2018, 23:54 H.io Name: Amanda Sparrow
H.io Age: 12
House: Ravenclaw
Posting Status: Every other day
Your D&D knowledge: I have never played D&D before, but I know that it’s a rping game where you have a character and such.
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?: no thank you
Amanda successfully added. She's in group one along with Dot Dutt.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
The Form
H.io Name*: Quinn Healy
H.io Age*: 12
House: Hufflepuff
Posting Status: I can usually do daily, but might turn into bi-weekly, or weekly.
Your D&D knowledge*: I've played on and off for years now. I have a somewhat decent knowledge of it. Am currently about to DM for my first time with a group that's from here but its on roll20. So like no experience as a DM. But about 5 years as a player.
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?*: Yes

To fear the unknown is to fear progress, don't shy away from it. Embrace it and discover something new.
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
Quinn Healy wrote: 1 Sep 2018, 01:18 The Form
H.io Name*: Quinn Healy
H.io Age*: 12
House: Hufflepuff
Posting Status: I can usually do daily, but might turn into bi-weekly, or weekly.
Your D&D knowledge*: I've played on and off for years now. I have a somewhat decent knowledge of it. Am currently about to DM for my first time with a group that's from here but its on roll20. So like no experience as a DM. But about 5 years as a player.
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?*: Yes
Quinn added in group one for now, with Dot Dutt and Amanda Sparrow. It may change later.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
H.io Name*: Daniel Weaver
H.io Age*: Eleven
House: Slytherin
Posting Status: Daily, might fluctuate depending on RL things
Your D&D knowledge*: I've been playing D&D for several years, so I know most of the things pretty well!
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?*: Eh, I could if you want someone else. I'm not too experienced with being a DM but I can at least try~
Additional Info: Dan's a jerk so he'd probably play a jerk character but it's all in good fun I promise. he's also never played this weird thing but it's interesting so why not try it!

Str: 7 | Agility: 7 | Control: 7 | Stam: 9
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
Daniel Weaver wrote: 1 Sep 2018, 01:33 H.io Name*: Daniel Weaver...
Daniel Weaver added in group two with Quinn Healy.
Quinn Healy wrote: 1 Sep 2018, 01:18 The Form
H.io Name*: Quinn Healy...


Quinn is changed from group one to group two, with Daniel Weavers. He's the DM for now.

For both Quinn and Daniel: Since you're not in my group, I won't be making threads and events for you. You two are paired, and can began either right away, or wait until other players come in. If you want, you can make the meeting thread right now, where your characters meet up for the first time (not necessary if they already know each other). Then you can begin with the game. Or wait for more players. Up to you. The other players who'll be added in your group will owl you, and you can take them under your wings. I hope you enjoy. If you have any questions or concerns, put them forward.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
H.io Name*: Muriel Carroll
H.io Age*: 11
House: Ravenclaw
Posting Status: Weekly, but maybe daily depending on real life
Your D&D knowledge*: I’ve played it before, but not enough to be an expert at it
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?*: No

Stamina: 8; Agility: 8; Strength: 5; Control: 9
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
Muriel Carroll wrote: 2 Sep 2018, 16:41 H.io Name*: Muriel Carroll...
Muriel added to group one with Dot Dutt, Amanda Sparrow and Marian Lynch (we've discussed in owl).

UPDATE

Group One is full. Group Two has two players. Group Three will be added shortly.
Sign-ups are still open for all the Hogwarts' students.

"When I die, I want free Wi-Fi fitted inside my tombstone, just so people will visit more often."
Dungeons & Dragons Club IC Roleplay Sign-Up
H.io Name: Lucien A. Escanora
H.io Age: 12
House: Slytherin
Posting Status: Daily
Your D&D knowledge: I have never played D&D but I have always wanted to.
Would you rather be a Dungeon Master?: No

My eyes aren't both blue. One is green. One is blue.
~
My theory. Music can fix anything. Anything.