Register
Sign in

22 Mar 2024, 11:05
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Renelle Dalton
Year: Year 1
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes
Are you registered with Index? Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor? From personal experience, I know that HIO can be very confusing at first, since it’s a very big site and there’s a lot of things we need to do that new players may not fully understand (e.g. creating an encyclopaedia, registering with Index etc). I would love to aid more new players in navigating the site, and help them settle into the community quickly.

Added to waitlist. (April 28th, 2024) - Orion

Am I mad? Or bad? Or wise?

11 Apr 2024, 20:44
Mentorship Program: Mentors  Sign up 
Name: Rebecca Lark
Year: First
Have you been active on this account or another account consistently for the last 6 months? Yes, just this one.
Do you have a completed encyclopedia? Yes.
Are you registered with Index? Yes
Why do you want to be a mentor?
Reducio
It sounds very sappy and embarrassing, but I just genuinely love this community. I've met so many incredible friends here, and it's become such a constant in my life that I genuinely don't know how I was going about my life not knowing about it.

When I first joined the site, I was rather precocious and had registered, gotten validated, and then applied for index all in the same afternoon. I was in such a rush to complete everything on my own that I missed the mentorship experience, something that was very formative for a lot of the player base. There were a lot of questions I had early on that I either didn't know who to ask, or was too embarrassed to go about doing so.

As such, while I can't go back in time and apply for a mentor as a new player, I can sign up to be this resource for our new members going forward. I think First impressions matter a whole lot when it comes to player longevity, and I'd like to be able to be someone that new players can turn to with their own too embaressing questions as they get acclimated.

Added to waitlist. (April 28th, 2024) - Orion

tatsu is my boyfriend
sta: 8, eva: 3; str: 7; wis: 4; ap: 6; acc: 7 perfectionist xxxxxx
Dialogue: #003060