Register
Sign in

14 Mar 2024, 21:05
 Help Us  Forum Suggestions
It's part of the adult job application to provide proof (eg report card screenshot) so that shouldn't be an issue.

If you want to have your OWLs/NEWTs in your ency, you can always put them into a non-trunk post too

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar."
Sta:7 | Ev:15 | Str:3 | Wis:14 | Arc:8 | Ac:16Evasive Maneuvers | Charmer | Perfectionist II | Spell Spread----------------
HC: #004064

23 May 2024, 17:49
hello! i have a suggestion!
now that the adult system is in place and students will be graduating from Hogwarts, what if there was a university campus for them to roleplay at? i’m not sure if there’s any lore or canon information about schooling after Hogwarts, but it would be interesting to have a place where students could study for their degrees after graduating.
i’d imagine this to be somewhat similar to iNPC schools with faceless professors and lore to match that school.
just a suggestion! have a nice day!

“We are impossibilities living in an impossible world.”

23 May 2024, 18:07
Sage Willows wrote: 23 May 2024, 17:49 hello! i have a suggestion!
now that the adult system is in place and students will be graduating from Hogwarts, what if there was a university campus for them to roleplay at? i’m not sure if there’s any lore or canon information about schooling after Hogwarts, but it would be interesting to have a place where students could study for their degrees after graduating.
i’d imagine this to be somewhat similar to iNPC schools with faceless professors and lore to match that school.
just a suggestion! have a nice day!
This site is called Hogwarts.io so its focused on hogwarts. However, there are a few adult system jobs that are focused on college-going. (Student of the Wizarding Academy of Visual Arts and Design (WAVAD) for example). You could simply just thread in Elsewhere and state that is where you're going (so long as this is the "job" you're applying for in the adult system)

But I do not disagree with the idea of the inpc school thing- in my head I mean like its own forum like how Beaux and Durm has their own. These colleges could have their own since all the other jobs already have a place to work.

-Wizarding Academy of Visual Arts and Design (WAVAD)
- Wizarding Academy of Dramatic Arts (WADA)

- Some mention "graduate student", leading me to assume it requires college but it doesn't state which college or second school like the above.

EDIT: Ignore my last point. I found the Lore on further education

viewtopic.php?t=31589 <--

"When Eddie said he didn't like his teddy, you knew he was a no good kid." (Rocky Horror)

24 May 2024, 21:07
We have no plans of making and running a secondary school post Hogwarts specifically. This is a bit more open and free-form for players.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

30 May 2024, 05:00
I have a suggestion for Main Story suggestions. Or is that already a part of the forum suggestion page.

"Do not pity the dead... pity the living. And above all those who live without love." Albus Dumbledore -
Jacob Harman

30 May 2024, 18:56
Due to some recent events I am no longer running adventures, sorry. There have been attempts to resume adventures but certain community habits in the absence of adventures have made this incongruent with adventure running. However you can place suggestions whatever they may be in the forum suggestions page.

There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.

4 Jun 2024, 20:25
Well, for the Main Story, I would love to see a Daily Prophet Article about Harry Potter escaping from Azkaban. I think that might lead to interesting adventures where different students realize that he is heading to Hogwarts. Using Stealth, he knows the ways of the Ministry inside and out, and we can finally learn who really killed Dolores Umbridge. I myself have always wondered who really made the final blow.

"Do not pity the dead... pity the living. And above all those who live without love." Albus Dumbledore -
Jacob Harman

8 Jun 2024, 05:38
Hello! I understand that because this is coding related it might be hard to implement, but have you considered giving players a remembrall notification whenever staff edit their posts? Like index applications for example

Hopefully I'm making sense here

--To the ends of the earth, would you follow me?
There's a world that was meant for our eyes to see--

8 Jun 2024, 05:51
Cass Ito wrote: 8 Jun 2024, 05:38 Hello! I understand that because this is coding related it might be hard to implement, but have you considered giving players a remembrall notification whenever staff edit their posts? Like index applications for example

Hopefully I'm making sense here
I believe whenever staffs do some edits on players' posts, they will notify the player through owl

"Life is unexpectable. It's like answering multiple choices questions but no answer is right nor wrong. Choose wisely so you don't get regret"
Zach Zaphiere || Art || Javier Aguilar

8 Jun 2024, 06:08
I would like some of the O.W.L. Exams updated, as some of them do not align with their teaching; for example, in Transfiguration, one of the questions doesn't align with its teaching.

Jacob Harman