8 Dec 2018, 04:28
Curiosity killed the cat...
Min-seo smiled, her eyes creating crescent moons once more. She hadn't met anyone quite like this boy, and he was very interesting, in a good way. She felt comfortable like she hadn't been in a long time, for she actually had someone she could talk to that understood things others didn't. He had the same interests as her, and she liked that they could talk about things she couldn't with her brother, although he did listen, he just didn't understand. She definitely thought his fairy-like appearance was quite interesting.
"Yes, I can see Thestrals, and they are magnificent. I wish sometimes I didn't see them since, well, my parents died, but they are beautiful. They're very friendly with me when I see them. My favorite creature.....my goodness, that's a good question. I'd have to say maybe a niffler, they're very cute, although they do get into a lot of trouble, taking many valuable things of course." She said with a little giggle.
Her stomach growled a little. She hid her face with embarrassment from the small noise.
"Are you hungry? I might head up for dinner since I am a little hungry. Would you like to come with, Rowan?" She asked with a smile.
"Yes, I can see Thestrals, and they are magnificent. I wish sometimes I didn't see them since, well, my parents died, but they are beautiful. They're very friendly with me when I see them. My favorite creature.....my goodness, that's a good question. I'd have to say maybe a niffler, they're very cute, although they do get into a lot of trouble, taking many valuable things of course." She said with a little giggle.
Her stomach growled a little. She hid her face with embarrassment from the small noise.
"Are you hungry? I might head up for dinner since I am a little hungry. Would you like to come with, Rowan?" She asked with a smile.
“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6
8 Dec 2018, 04:46
Curiosity killed the cat...
“Mm... yes... I hope for both of your sakes it was a quick death. I had to watch my Mother and uncle fall to illness.”
He said this so casually. Like he had already come to terms with it time and time again.
“Nifflers are an... interesting pick.”
He had to hold back a sigh, disappointment flashing in his eyes for a split second.
If you were to choose a creature off of pure cuteness, go with something like a cat or dog, not a Niffler. They could cause some serious trouble, and were a bother to keep safe if you weren’t properly educated. They were like hedgehogs. Adorable, but mini devils. Though I guess the reasons behind his favorite animal weren’t the best either.
“Ah. Yes. Dinner. Why not, it would be nice to go with a friend.”
The niffler issue still bugged him a bit, but he let it slide for now, standing and offering her a hand to help her up.
“So, favorite color? Oh- and favorite drink? Pumpkin juice or butterbeer?”
Calm and collected like usual.
His hands were surprisingly warm when she took them to help her up. He was like a miniature furnace. How? He was practically a stick! You could see his ribs sometimes! Logically he should be an icicle!
He said this so casually. Like he had already come to terms with it time and time again.
“Nifflers are an... interesting pick.”
He had to hold back a sigh, disappointment flashing in his eyes for a split second.
If you were to choose a creature off of pure cuteness, go with something like a cat or dog, not a Niffler. They could cause some serious trouble, and were a bother to keep safe if you weren’t properly educated. They were like hedgehogs. Adorable, but mini devils. Though I guess the reasons behind his favorite animal weren’t the best either.
“Ah. Yes. Dinner. Why not, it would be nice to go with a friend.”
The niffler issue still bugged him a bit, but he let it slide for now, standing and offering her a hand to help her up.
“So, favorite color? Oh- and favorite drink? Pumpkin juice or butterbeer?”
Calm and collected like usual.
His hands were surprisingly warm when she took them to help her up. He was like a miniature furnace. How? He was practically a stick! You could see his ribs sometimes! Logically he should be an icicle!
Often lying, but not to you.
8 Dec 2018, 15:57
Curiosity killed the cat...
”Oh, I’m sorry to hear that. My parents and little sister died in a fire. But no matter, it’s alright.” She said quietly. She still hated the fact that they died, but she still was getting used to it.
“Thank you. I personally love all creatures, but that was the first one to come to mind.” She said with a small smile. Nifflers did cause trouble, but when they’re not near valuable stuff, like galleons and jewelry, they’re quite loving. That’s one of the reasons she chose them. But again, she loved all creatures, so she loved all of them equally (unless they tried to kill her, she’d be slightly afraid of them then.)
He offered her his hand. She smiled and took it, it was very warm, contrasting to her very cold one. How could he keep warm while sitting in the snow? She smiled when he thought of her as a friend. She didn’t really have any before.
”Favorite color? Hmm...maybe light violet? I do love that color. And favorite drink....I like both, honestly, but butter beer can get too sweet at times.”
She seriously wondered how he kept warm. She was freezing, well, maybe because of the skirt.
“Thank you. I personally love all creatures, but that was the first one to come to mind.” She said with a small smile. Nifflers did cause trouble, but when they’re not near valuable stuff, like galleons and jewelry, they’re quite loving. That’s one of the reasons she chose them. But again, she loved all creatures, so she loved all of them equally (unless they tried to kill her, she’d be slightly afraid of them then.)
He offered her his hand. She smiled and took it, it was very warm, contrasting to her very cold one. How could he keep warm while sitting in the snow? She smiled when he thought of her as a friend. She didn’t really have any before.
”Favorite color? Hmm...maybe light violet? I do love that color. And favorite drink....I like both, honestly, but butter beer can get too sweet at times.”
She seriously wondered how he kept warm. She was freezing, well, maybe because of the skirt.
“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6
8 Dec 2018, 17:16
Curiosity killed the cat...
"It's alright. I've been over it for awhile. I miss them, but..."
Rowan shrugged slightly. His mother had been gone for awhile. His uncle caught whatever it was soon after her. He had been taking care of her, so it made sense.
Rowan had seemed to be immune to it for some reason, even though they were quarantined eventually, his father had caught it too. The rest of the extended family stayed away, worrying for their own livelihood. In all honesty, he couldn't blame them.
Rowan was left to both help the sick family members and fend for himself, giving him almost no time to grieve once his mother was gone. She was the first to go.
In fact Rowan was almost relieved.
It was one less mouth to feed, and body to take care of.
He was resentful that it was his father that survived though.
"Violet is a good color. Honestly, I like Green more though."
Pulling himself out of the dark thoughts, Rowan let go of Min-seo, adjusting his hood, before pulling his arms back inside his cloak.
"So to the great hall?"
He gave her a gentle smile, even though his eyes were dark.
This was going to be a disaster.
With how loud and chaotic the Great hall was, Rowan was going to have a hard time not breaking down.
Maybe they could just grab a plate of food and bring it back here..?
"I love caramel and whatnot, so butterbeer is my favorite at the moment."
Rowan shrugged slightly. His mother had been gone for awhile. His uncle caught whatever it was soon after her. He had been taking care of her, so it made sense.
Rowan had seemed to be immune to it for some reason, even though they were quarantined eventually, his father had caught it too. The rest of the extended family stayed away, worrying for their own livelihood. In all honesty, he couldn't blame them.
Rowan was left to both help the sick family members and fend for himself, giving him almost no time to grieve once his mother was gone. She was the first to go.
In fact Rowan was almost relieved.
It was one less mouth to feed, and body to take care of.
He was resentful that it was his father that survived though.
"Violet is a good color. Honestly, I like Green more though."
Pulling himself out of the dark thoughts, Rowan let go of Min-seo, adjusting his hood, before pulling his arms back inside his cloak.
"So to the great hall?"
He gave her a gentle smile, even though his eyes were dark.
This was going to be a disaster.
With how loud and chaotic the Great hall was, Rowan was going to have a hard time not breaking down.
Maybe they could just grab a plate of food and bring it back here..?
"I love caramel and whatnot, so butterbeer is my favorite at the moment."
Reducio
OOC: Great hall scene, which you can reply to, though it may not be what you expected.
https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4682
https://www.hogwarts.io/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4682
Often lying, but not to you.
8 Dec 2018, 23:46
Curiosity killed the cat...
Min-seo looked around rapidly. "Rowan! Where are you!" She kept on yelling, scared. Where was he? He just ran off. She looked around, panicked for her friend. "ROWAN!" The snow got thicker, and she tried to run. She tripped and fell, but got up again. She didn't know what happened, he just started getting really stressed and scared. Maybe because of the noise? She didn't know. It was quite loud there. She just kept looking. Maybe he went a different direction? Did he decide to go back? Where was he? She didn't know. She was scared. She checked almost everywhere. She didn't want to lose him, she was scared she might, just like her mother, father, and baby sister. She hoped she didn't do anything wrong to hurt or upset him. "ROWAN BANE! WHERE ARE YOU! COME BACK!" she shouted as the snow got louder. "WHERE ARE YOU!" she felt herself getting colder as she ran around. She shivered as she looked for him. She felt like falling. It was getting whiter, she could barely see infront of her. Her teeth chattered. On all days, why today did she decide to wear a skirt in the harsh cold?
"ROWAN!"
"ROWAN!"
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 10 Dec 2018, 03:26, edited 2 times in total.
“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6
9 Dec 2018, 02:54
Curiosity killed the cat...
Shouting broke through his thoughts. But who? He almost thought about putting them in a little raindrop and letting them fade away.
But the panic in their voice kept him from doing so. It was akin to his was a moment ago.
Only then did it become clear. How long had he been sitting here?
“ROWAN BANE!”
They screamed.
Shit.
“Min?”
He said at first, bewildered. He finally took in his surroundings. It was snowing like it was trying to bury them all in the depths of hell.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!”
The fairy boy changed in an instant, from the usual soft spoken male, to a roaring lion, true to the gryffindor name.
He then spotted her, wadding through the snow in a skirt and winter cloak.
Gods above she was a reckless child.
Barreling towards her, he practically tackled her over, as he wrapped his thin arms around her, enveloping her in warmth.
“I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.”
He shedded his cloak in an instant, wrapping it around her and breaking into a run, bolting towards the distant lights of the castle.
Why the hell did he have to choose a place so far from the castle to sulk?
As soon as he hit the doors, he found the closest fire and curled up next to it, restoring whatever body heat had lost along the run. It was a miracle he hadn’t frozen along the way. A boy of ice and snow indeed.
But the panic in their voice kept him from doing so. It was akin to his was a moment ago.
Only then did it become clear. How long had he been sitting here?
“ROWAN BANE!”
They screamed.
Shit.
“Min?”
He said at first, bewildered. He finally took in his surroundings. It was snowing like it was trying to bury them all in the depths of hell.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!”
The fairy boy changed in an instant, from the usual soft spoken male, to a roaring lion, true to the gryffindor name.
He then spotted her, wadding through the snow in a skirt and winter cloak.
Gods above she was a reckless child.
Barreling towards her, he practically tackled her over, as he wrapped his thin arms around her, enveloping her in warmth.
“I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.”
He shedded his cloak in an instant, wrapping it around her and breaking into a run, bolting towards the distant lights of the castle.
Why the hell did he have to choose a place so far from the castle to sulk?
As soon as he hit the doors, he found the closest fire and curled up next to it, restoring whatever body heat had lost along the run. It was a miracle he hadn’t frozen along the way. A boy of ice and snow indeed.
Often lying, but not to you.
9 Dec 2018, 03:34
Curiosity killed the cat...
“Min?” she heard a voice call. He was here. Yes! "ROWAN!" she yelled again.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!” he screamed. She was a bit startled from his voice. She'd never heard him yell before. She kept coming over though, even though she was turning into an icicle by the second. She saw him sitting down in the snow. He ran over to her and tackled her, a light oof coming out of her mouth from the impact. He wrapped his arms around her. at first, she was stunned, and couldn't comprehend what was happening. But she cam to, and she hugged him back. FINALLY. She found him. Gosh. “I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.” he said. She didn't have any time to speak as he shed his coat and wrapped it around her before he bolted back up to the castle. She followed close behind. They went to the nearest fire and sat in front of it, thawing out. She looked at him. "I'm sorry I tried to find you, but I was worried. You were gone a long time. I thought you froze to death." she said, teeth chattering from the cold, even though they were still in front of the fire.
“MIN-SEO YOU GET YOUR ASS BACK INSIDE YOU BETTER NOT BE RISKING YOUR HYDE FOR ME!” he screamed. She was a bit startled from his voice. She'd never heard him yell before. She kept coming over though, even though she was turning into an icicle by the second. She saw him sitting down in the snow. He ran over to her and tackled her, a light oof coming out of her mouth from the impact. He wrapped his arms around her. at first, she was stunned, and couldn't comprehend what was happening. But she cam to, and she hugged him back. FINALLY. She found him. Gosh. “I swear to the gods above and below if you do not get inside this instant I am going to- to- gAH- JUST GET INSIDE.” he said. She didn't have any time to speak as he shed his coat and wrapped it around her before he bolted back up to the castle. She followed close behind. They went to the nearest fire and sat in front of it, thawing out. She looked at him. "I'm sorry I tried to find you, but I was worried. You were gone a long time. I thought you froze to death." she said, teeth chattering from the cold, even though they were still in front of the fire.
Last edited by Min-seo Kim on 10 Dec 2018, 03:42, edited 2 times in total.
“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6
9 Dec 2018, 03:49
Curiosity killed the cat...
Rowan was giggling. Actually giggling, like a weirdo. They could have died but he laughed.
“Sorry- sorry. I just had to figure something out. I am truly sorry I ran out on you like that. You really shouldn’t have ran after me though. I’m like a little radiator. You, however, will freeze very quickly.”
He was spread out on the floor infront of the fire, face down, and stretching like a little cat of sorts. He was back to soft spoken, thankfully, no longer yelling.
He took his socks and shoes off, which were soaked through with snow melt, and placed them next to the fire, letting them dry.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.”
He had delt with harsh winters before, and especially soaked snow clothes, with how much he liked the cold. He would spend hours in the cold, before his... mother called him inside for dinner...
His face fell for a moment, before he went back to the calm mask.
“Again, I am sorry for scaring you. I shouldn’t have done that.”
He closed his eyes, switching to a sitting position to lean against the column next to the fire, soon lapsing into a calm silence.
His flower crown was close to falling off, and for once he didn’t seem to care. Or maybe he was too tired to notice.
“Sorry- sorry. I just had to figure something out. I am truly sorry I ran out on you like that. You really shouldn’t have ran after me though. I’m like a little radiator. You, however, will freeze very quickly.”
He was spread out on the floor infront of the fire, face down, and stretching like a little cat of sorts. He was back to soft spoken, thankfully, no longer yelling.
He took his socks and shoes off, which were soaked through with snow melt, and placed them next to the fire, letting them dry.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.”
He had delt with harsh winters before, and especially soaked snow clothes, with how much he liked the cold. He would spend hours in the cold, before his... mother called him inside for dinner...
His face fell for a moment, before he went back to the calm mask.
“Again, I am sorry for scaring you. I shouldn’t have done that.”
He closed his eyes, switching to a sitting position to lean against the column next to the fire, soon lapsing into a calm silence.
His flower crown was close to falling off, and for once he didn’t seem to care. Or maybe he was too tired to notice.
Often lying, but not to you.
9 Dec 2018, 04:16
Curiosity killed the cat...
Min-seo laughed a bit too. "No need to be sorry. I just got scared, that's all. I had to go and find you. I don't exactly think before I do, aaaaaannd I do get cold easily." she said with a smile at the end. She pulled her knees to her chest and rocked back and forth. Though it was freezing, she was still happy he was okay. She honestly gets worried too easily about that stuff.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.” She nodded, taking off the boots and socks on her small, delicate feet and putting them by the fire. She took off the cloak he gave her and hung it up to dry by the fire, followed by the coat she had on earlier, leaving her in an oversized sweater and a slightly wet skirt due to the snow. She scooted a little closer to the fire, trying to warm up her numb body.
"You don't have to be sorry, I just overcomplicated things, per usual." she said softly. She looked at him. He had totally different personalities. He was either calm or loudish. She noticed his flower crown was lopsided on his head and fixed it a bit.
“Put the robes near the fire, they need to dry, you’ll be colder for longer with them on.” She nodded, taking off the boots and socks on her small, delicate feet and putting them by the fire. She took off the cloak he gave her and hung it up to dry by the fire, followed by the coat she had on earlier, leaving her in an oversized sweater and a slightly wet skirt due to the snow. She scooted a little closer to the fire, trying to warm up her numb body.
"You don't have to be sorry, I just overcomplicated things, per usual." she said softly. She looked at him. He had totally different personalities. He was either calm or loudish. She noticed his flower crown was lopsided on his head and fixed it a bit.
“I don't understand how people can be so mean to others. We're all living beings, is it that hard to accept?" ~Min-Seo
Stats: Strength: 4 Agility: 12 Control: 8 Stamina: 6
Stats- Strength-4 Agility-10 Control-10 Stamina-6
9 Dec 2018, 06:13
Curiosity killed the cat...
“Well I made you scared so I am going to apologize.”
He said, peaking open one eye to look at her.
In all honesty it surprised him a bit when she fixed his crown, flinching back slightly.
“Ah. Thank you.”
He gave her a small smile back, fixing it the rest of the way.
He didn’t really know how to feel about her at times. She was almost too close for his liking. He didn’t mind if yet but...
He didn’t want her growing feelings that wouldn’t be mirrored.
He yawned softly, covering his mouth quickly. His stomach growled as well, but he ignored it.
“Sorry- I’m really a bit tired. I think I’m going to head to bed. You should too, Alright? See you at breakfast maybe?”
He stood slowly, stretching, before grabbing his cloak, giving her a tiny wave before walking back up to his dormitory.
He really hoped this wouldn’t get complicated with her.
He really liked her as a friend. The problem may be that he didn’t like her as more though.
Hopefully he was completely and totally wrong.
Because he didn’t know if he had the heart to tell her he felt otherwise.
He said, peaking open one eye to look at her.
In all honesty it surprised him a bit when she fixed his crown, flinching back slightly.
“Ah. Thank you.”
He gave her a small smile back, fixing it the rest of the way.
He didn’t really know how to feel about her at times. She was almost too close for his liking. He didn’t mind if yet but...
He didn’t want her growing feelings that wouldn’t be mirrored.
He yawned softly, covering his mouth quickly. His stomach growled as well, but he ignored it.
“Sorry- I’m really a bit tired. I think I’m going to head to bed. You should too, Alright? See you at breakfast maybe?”
He stood slowly, stretching, before grabbing his cloak, giving her a tiny wave before walking back up to his dormitory.
He really hoped this wouldn’t get complicated with her.
He really liked her as a friend. The problem may be that he didn’t like her as more though.
Hopefully he was completely and totally wrong.
Because he didn’t know if he had the heart to tell her he felt otherwise.
Reducio
Rowan has left the thread for the time being.
Last edited by Rowan Bane on 9 Dec 2018, 15:42, edited 2 times in total.
Often lying, but not to you.