Closed We meet again, old friend.

Arabella entered humming some song. It was “cruel summer” by Taylor swift
Reducio
It was the only song I could think of 😭
”it’s new, the shape of your body it’s blue. The feeling I’ve got and oooh woah-oh it’s a cruel summer!” she laughed by herself for a bit. her first year has just began! She was extremely excited of what she would learn. She then found herself in the middle of a bustling hallway filled with other witches and wizards, all talking and laughing. As she explored the castle and greeted the painting on the wall nicely, it’s how she’s always been taught.“Be nice to even the people mean to you.” Is what her mother used to tell her when she was younger, Arabella soon came upon a door that caught her attention. The sign above it read: "Charms." She entered with a smile, eager to see what lies inside the class. Inside has multiple seats, a black board. And windows. Arabella thought the windows looked nice. The classroom was all clean just how she liked it, it was calming then the noises out of the class room, she decided to sit and chill for a while to rest her body for a bit. ”wow, it’s larger than I had ever imagined! The color pallet, the architecture… down to the very stylish windows!” she thought to her self, she loved cleaned and organized things, especially stylish architecture.
Last edited by Opeila Winters on 22 Aug 2023, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

“‘Everyone who fails is weak’ at least that’s what my father thinks. Sometimes I think the same. But at the same time, it’s the opposite.”
Closed We meet again, old friend.
Damian had just started his new life at Hogwarts, and yet he was already full of thoughts regarding classes and homeworks. He had to take good notes, study right after the lectures and be always prepared for any kind of questions he could encounter. At least, that was the plan he had in mind while walking through the hallways of the school, directed towards the Charms classroom.

Getting a good start was his top priority, at the moment: he wanted to be ahead of his class as soon as possible, so that the load of work would have been a lot less in a few months; moreover, now that his parents weren’t there to force him practicing piano or french, he had a lot of free time to explore new interests. The possibilities were endless, and Damian came back to reality realizing he had just missed the door while lost in his thoughts.

He went back a few steps and entered the classroom with a fierce motion and a focused gaze to check who was already in there. At first glance he didn’t seem to know anyone there; not that he was particularly popular already, but being born in a pure-blood household made him know some children who should have been in Hogwarts at the time. His eyes stopped for a few seconds on one specific girl, and it didn’t take long for him to finally associate her face to a name.

“...Arabella?” he asked with a curious tone, and walked a few steps in her direction. “I haven’t seen you in ages.” he added, this time more neutral. He didn’t even remember why they stopped seeing each other some time before, and surely he didn’t expect to see her in a random classroom like that. He wondered how she had been, his eyes on her scanned her figure to get more informations about what she could have been doing before his arrival.

✿ Damian Christopher Hills ✿
Closed We meet again, old friend.
As Arabella heard the door open alongside a familiar voice she jumped. she then stopped humming and turned behind her. Her mouth practically dropped to the floor as her eyes widen. She finally spoke to break the silence. ”damian?!? No way! Is that really you?!?” she rushed to him and gave him the tightest hug ever. ”I haven’t seen you in ages! I missed you so so much! I knew dreams could come true!” she hugged him so tight his head might pop off. But she was too happy and excited, a new year with her childhood best friend? Can things get any better!?

She was finally together with her best friend who had been separated for so long. She then realized she was squeezing him too tight and backed away. ”sorry, how are you? How’s life been?… she paused for a few seconds before speaking again. ”…what happened between us? You never responded to my messages or letters. Did I do something wrong? Did I say something wrong…? she said as she waited for an answer from him, she thought she did something wrong with him. Or said something wrong. ”I missed you, like really missed you, what went wrong? she said.

“‘Everyone who fails is weak’ at least that’s what my father thinks. Sometimes I think the same. But at the same time, it’s the opposite.”
Closed We meet again, old friend.
The hug came unexpectedly, just before he could answer or even open his mouth. To be honest, he wasn’t a fan of hugs, that’s why his body froze and remained stiff during the whole time Arabella clinged to him. “Yes... alright... you made yourself clear.” he tried to say to Arabella in order to stop the squishing with gradually a firmer voice. Damian was well known for his temper, but he could control himself in front of his friends, and tried to be more assertive than aggressive towards her.

“Thank you.” he said with a tiny bit of annoyance and caught some breath when she finally stepped back from the hug. “I’m good, yeah. Been busy with my family, you know them. They had to check my preparation to make sure I aced from day one.” he replied with a sigh. It surely wasn’t one of his best summers, he barely even saw the sun during those months, and of course didn’t have the freedom to keep in contact with his friends. “What about you? What did you do this summer?” he asked, and tried to take another look at her figure. He felt a bit guilty for disappearing like that, but it wasn’t really his fault.

He didn’t imagine Arabella missed him that much, he didn’t think much about it, honestly. He was well aware friends shouldn't disappear like that, but he didn’t think it was that big of a deal. He hoped the clarification worked as an apology.

“Anyway... How are these first days going?” he quickly changed subject to school life, hoping that she would have also dropped that topic and moved on. “Surprisingly, i got sorted in Gryffindor. I’m still trying to figure out why, though.” he added, mumbling the last words.

✿ Damian Christopher Hills ✿
Closed We meet again, old friend.
“well, I went to Paris in the summer, the baguettes with sugar are delicious! You should really try them! But as usual, Hudson gets more attention than I do. Of course... sometimes I forget I’m even their child.” she said laughing for a bit by herself later calming down.

She then frowned when he changed the subject, she spoke in a slightly deeper tone “Damian, why do you want to change the subject? Answer my question. You can’t just turn a question down, and you know that too. It’s rude and irresponsible. And yeah, rude! So answer me this Damian, why’d you cut me off all of the sudden? Did I actually do something wrong? Or is it that I’m annoying or… you just don’t want to be friends with me anymore… it’s like I don’t even know you.” she said, she didn’t like anyone turning her question down and changing the subject. “answer my question and I’ll answer yours.” she said, her tone getting more lower after each word. It was clear she was angry that you could even see it in her face aswell. She gave him a death stare as she waited for an answer from him.
Last edited by Arabella Woolridge on 23 Aug 2023, 15:25, edited 1 time in total.

“‘Everyone who fails is weak’ at least that’s what my father thinks. Sometimes I think the same. But at the same time, it’s the opposite.”
Closed We meet again, old friend.
“Oh, that’s nice. Paris, huh? I suppose I should visit someday.” he commented, thinking that it was weird that he had never been in France, considering the amount of effort his parents put in forcing him to learn french. “I’m happy you had fun, then. At least one of us had a good summer.” he sighed. He surely expected to at least go somewhere during those months, and yet he spent the whole summer at home, with little to no free time.

His tone of voice changed when she went back to the topic he thought was already closed and gone. “What should I tell you, Arabella?” he replied, slightly upset already. Maybe he wasn’t clear enough about what happened that summer, or Arabella wanted more details about it. “My parents want me to be the top student since day one, and I also want to excel. They told me I had to revise, study, and not be distracted by anything else.” he quickly explained again, expanding what happened with a rapid speech. There wasn’t much to say, everyone knew that the Hills were utterly proud and demanded excellent - or better, perfect - academic results.

“To be honest, I thought everyone else was also studying all summer. I should have expected a lie like that.” he added, looking at the side. Yes, he could have imagined that his parents told him a lie to convince him to study and to not think about having fun, “wasting the summer” as they told him countless times. “That’s it. At least, now I am well prepared for the year.” he ended his speech, and now was waiting to see if Arabella was satisfied with his explanation.

✿ Damian Christopher Hills ✿