Closed Charms with a New Friend

Image posted by the member


Joseph walked into the charms classroom quietly. He sat down on a empty chair. Most of the students were talking to their friends and socializing but Joseph had no friends to talk to so he took out his textbook and started on page 1.

The class finally started and Joseph closed the textbook and listened carefully to the Professor. He found out that they were learning about the Dancing Feet Spell and the Mending Charm. At the last part of the lesson the students practiced the two spells they practice during class.
” Talerattegra” Joseph said mixing the word up.
“Do all the spell’s incantations have tongue twisters like this?” thought Joseph.
If they were than Joseph was gonna have a hard time learning magic.
”Tarantallegra” said Joseph (correctly this time) as he waved his wand around. Joseph looked into the textbook to see what he was doing wrong. It turns out he was doing the wand movements wrong. Joseph spent 5 minutes practicing the wand movements of the Dancing Feet Spell.
”Tarantallegra” said Joseph again. The keychain skeleton’s leg he was practicing on started doing a weird jig.

The next spell he was practicing was the Mending Charm. The incantation was (thankfully) so much easier than the Dancing Feet Spell.
”Why can’t all the spell’s incantations be this easy?”
Joseph broke a bit of the keychain.
”Reparo” Joseph said confidently.
The broken place magically repaired. There was still a bit of time left in the lesson so he looked to the girl next to him.
”Do you need any help?” asked Joseph.
Reducio
WC: 263 Interacting with @Freya Augustus. Dialogue color #ad3e00.

Curiosity kills the cat but without curiosity you will never discover anything.
Closed Charms with a New Friend
Freya walks in anxious about the class, she's not the best with charms but she's also not the worst.
Before class Freya made a promise to herself that she would not cause trouble in classes until absolutely necessary.
So she takes a seat next to a quiet Slytherin boy who's reading the charms textbook.

The class begins and the teachers begins with the lecture.
Freya trys her best to concentrate but of course freya can never concentrate so instead she begins doodling bunnies.
"bunniessss cute little bunniesss"

The time to cast the dancing feet spell
She does as told by the proff. and manages to cast the spell in one go!
But the reparo spell kind of threw her off!
"Do you need any help?"
She heads the boy ask.
"yes actually! Thank you so much for asking! I'm Freya Augustus! Nice to meet you! she holds out her hand for a hand shake.
Freya hopes she makes a friend today!
She's always eager to make more friends She's been pretty lonely at Hogwarts especially since she only has one friend who she hasn't talked to in a while, so she'll be more than happy to make a new friend!

@Joseph Dunn

"oh darling of mine, please don't let go"
Closed Charms with a New Friend
Joseph was pretty surprised when the girl said "yes actually! Thank you so much for asking! I'm Freya Augustus! Nice to meet you! She held out her hand for a handshake.
Joseph had thought that she would say no he hadn't actually planned how he was going to teach her the spells. Joseph was also a bit confused as he had only asked her if she needed help. He didn’t ask her for a introduction but Joseph was always happy to make new friend (as he didn't have many at Hogwarts) so he went along with it.
”My name is Joseph Dunn” replied Joseph as he shook her hand. Joseph started by telling his new friend how to say the incantation. They breezed passed the incantation as Reparo was a pretty easy incantation compared to the incantations of other spells -cough- Dancing-Feet Spell-cough-. He had spent a long time getting the incantion of the Dancing-Feet Spell right than the wand movements. Joseph figured that she was probably having trouble with the wand movements of the Mending Charm.
"You move your wand in a spiral shape. It's like a inverted G." said Joseph a bit uncomfortably as he was not used to teaching plus he had zero experience teaching people things. He watched Freya like a hawk for mistakes.

Reducio
WC: 216 @Freya Augustus. #ad3e00

Curiosity kills the cat but without curiosity you will never discover anything.
Closed Charms with a New Friend
"hmm.. i really like your name! It's adorable" she smiles and nods a little.
Freya loves complimenting people and always means them!

Freya didn't find the incantation of spells hard only the wand movements
When she was home with her family she would see her father doing amazing magic tricks and saying spells that didn't really make sense to her at the time but now that she's studying them she feels as if the process of learning magic won't be the easiest one.
Luckily enough she found a study buddy who can help her out with that!
Freya hopes to return the mind gesture someday.

She does as told by her new instructor and the spell works!
She gasps a little in shock and turns towards her partner.
"IT WORKED!!!" she exclaims excitedly.
"CAN YOU BELIVE IT WORKED!?"
She says with a hug grin on her face feeling very proud of her.
Freya isn't the best when it comes to school work and doesn't like it a lot but doing something right in class helps motivate her to go on and try harder.
She sits looking at her project in wonder and her proudness clearly visible on her face.
She turns towards her study buddy for some kind of response in excitement.

"oh darling of mine, please don't let go"
Closed Charms with a New Friend
"hmm.. i really like your name! It's adorable" Freya smiles and nods a little.
"Thank you I think your name is very cute too." replies Joseph as he blushes a little and smiled brightly at his peer.
This was a meaningful compliment. There might be times that Joseph would give a compliment just to get someone annoying to go away or just make them happy and give a fake compliment. The compliment given today is not one of those days.
When she did the instructions, Joseph had instructed her to do. The keychain repaired itself magically. Joseph was about to congratulate his partner on her success, but she spoke first.
"IT WORKED!!! CAN YOU BELIVE IT WORKED!?" Freya exclaimed excitedly with a huge grin on her face.
Joseph had a bit an of a surprised face for a second as he wasn't ready for the sudden outburst, but his emotions soon turned into a celebratory mood. Freya looked at him proudly expecting some reaction.
"Good job Freya you are a very fast learner. " said Joseph smiling proudly, "I never knew that I had such talent at being a teacher. Should I consider that a career I can pursue?" he joked looking at Freya.
Even though he meant it as a joke, but it was sort of true. Joseph could get distracted easily and getting distracted easily isn't really a trait a teacher should have.

Reducio
@Freya Augustus WC:235

Curiosity kills the cat but without curiosity you will never discover anything.
Closed Charms with a New Friend
Freya loves that she made her newest friend blush and when he returned the compliment she smiles brightly and says "Thank you, that means a lot" and nods.

"yes i agree, I'm amazing" she says a jokingly and laughs right away, "I'm kidding, I'm not amazing at all when it comes to magical studies. Muggle school i can do but magical school just freaks me out" she says putting her hand on the desk and resting her face on her palm she looks towards the Slytherin boy and plays along with his question and says Absolutely! You'll be a wonderful teacher! I can't wait to hire you when i become headmaster!" she exclaims and let's out small laugh by the end of her sentence.

"would you ever consider a job in the muggle world? It would be really cool! I plan on working in the muggle world myself" she asks.
Freya was born and brought up in the muggle world and likes it better than the wizarding world.
Freya thinks the magical world can be ignorant at times while also keeping in mind that she herself is a very oblivious child.

"what's your favourite part of Hogwarts? Which class is your favourite?"
She questions the boy in an attempt of getting to know him better.
WC: 217
Interacting with: @ Joseph Dunn

"oh darling of mine, please don't let go"
Closed Charms with a New Friend
"yes i agree, I'm amazing" Freya says a jokingly and laughs right away, "I'm kidding, I'm not amazing at all when it comes to magical studies. Muggle school I can do but magical school just freaks me out"
Joseph had almost the same problem except opposite. After he found out he was a wizard magical school had been ok so far, he hasn't freaked out yet. However, for muggle school he just freaks out when going to school.
"Well, you can't be great at everything now, can you? That would as my old muggle teacher used to say, 'Being great at everything makes us not human.' " said Joseph.
Freya puts her hands on her palms, and it looked like she was thinking about if Joseph should become a teacher or not.
After a while she said "Absolutely! You'll be a wonderful teacher! I can't wait to hire you when I become headmaster!"
"What?! I hope that was a joke." thought Joseph.
"Would you ever consider a job in the muggle world? It would be really cool! I plan on working in the muggle world myself. What's your favourite part of Hogwarts? Which class is your favourite?" asked Freya all in one go.
Joseph just patiently waited for her to finish as he didn't want to interrupt.
"Whoa whoa whoa, slow down there Freya, I only have 1 mouth you know. First of all, I hope what you said about me being a teacher was a joke because I don't wanna look after like 20 kids at the same time. I'm not really sure about where I want to work, and my favourite part of Hogwarts right now is umm the food. My favourite class is Charms surprise surprise." replied Joseph, out of breath.
Reducio
@Freya Augustus WC: 294

Curiosity kills the cat but without curiosity you will never discover anything.
Closed Charms with a New Friend
[quote]Image posted by the member

Freya nodded "yeah, it'd be weird if I was great at all things. I'm not great at a lot of stuff if I'm honest" she continues nodding

Freya giggles a little as Joseph told her to slow down "sorry, i sometimes talk too much too fast, it's a problem" she lets out a small laugh.
"i understand what you mean! Taking care of kids can be exhausting! Not like i would know I'm the youngest in our family but I'm also the most mischievous and I see what my mother has to deal with every vacation" she laughs by the end of her sentence while swinging her feet.
"yup i also understand that, so it's a good thing we don't have to worry about where we're going to work just yet!" she adds smiling brightly at him.
She slightly laughs as Joseph tells her that his favourite part of Hogwarts so far was the food and she honestly couldn't blame him, the food is really good here!
"ah yes, charms is great!" she says grinning at the boy as the teacher finally exits waving slightly at all the kids.
Freya too hopped out of her seat and gathered her stuff. "ah welp class is over.. hope to see you arround school tho Joseph! It was awesome meeting you!" she smiled as she walked away from their table.

"oh darling of mine, please don't let go"