28 Jan 2023, 23:52
A New Friendship
![]()
Larino Speaking (English)
Larino Speaking (Japanese)
Others Speaking
Thoughts
=
= DATE: January 30th, 2023
TIME: Morning
PLACE: Charms
INTERACTING WITH: @Aurora Griffith
Outfit: School RobesLarino sighed as he sat down to a charms lesson. He was particularly bad at any sort of magic, and would have much preferred to be either in the grounds on a broom or in the greenhouses. But no, he was in a position where he would probably be needing to use his wand, which he didn't seem to get on with very well. And to make matters worse, he was sat next to a red-haired Hufflepuff girl whom he had never talked to. He was trying to avoid making a fool of himself, which he usually failed at in... all lessons, actually. Except Herbology and Flying, since they didn't involve too much magic, he was usually fine.
When it came to actually performing magic, he could only sigh. Sometimes he felt like he didn't belong at Hogwarts, especially since he grew up without magic, unlike most of his classmates, at least he expected. He tried carefully to move his wand in with the right movements and say the correct incantation, but it didn't work. He wasn't sure if it was due to a lack of concentration from everyone trying to successfully do the spell, but he just needed to get something right for once. He quietly whispered to himself before he tried again: "Just work. For once, please just work." After he tried again, he thought he heard something from the Hufflepuff girl sat beside him and turned to face her.Post layout and graphics by Larino Arveli
============ ======• S U M M A R Y•======
ReducioLarino could never get any spells right, so in Charms he tried again and again, but to no prevail. Then, he heard something from the Hufflepuff girl sat beside him, and turned to face her.============
Last edited by Larino Arveli on 2 Feb 2023, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
"Pretend inferiority and encourage its arrogance."
29 Jan 2023, 13:43
A New Friendship

──────────── ─────────────
date: 1/30/23 | place: Charms | #ba9826= Aurora(English) | Thoughts= Italics
It was a scientific fact that I loved Charms. I also loved Herbology and basically everything about it too, but I mainly loved Charms. Maybe that was why I had all O's in both subjects? Because I loved them too much to fail? Was that a thing? I was so into all of it, that maybe I just knew what to do...plus my mother was a sort of Charms prodigy, maybe that was it too? I had also forgotten what spell we were doing...the person next to me, a 1st-year boy, seemed to be struggling. I turned to face him, and I felt just a little pitiful. To me, Charms had never been hard, but I couldn't say the same for everyone else though. I turned back to face the front of the class and muttered, "Are you using the three rules of Charms?" I hoped he would hear me. I was sure that his problem lay somewhere in that area since you needed a good balance of the three rules to successfully cast the spell. I hoped I was right because I was sure that nobody could truly be bad at magic, or else they wouldn't have come to Hogwarts, right? And all I really wanted to do was give someone a little help, especially when they really needed it...I had once again forgotten the spell we were doing, but I just kept practicing anyway.
───────────── ─────────────
interacting with: @Larino Arveli
mentions: @
word count: 236
| Sta-7 Eva-8 Str-5 Arc-7 Acc-7 Wis-6 | Check out my shop! | No sport |
| RO'S ENCY | "You broke the ship! You broke the bloody ship!" | ROKS'S ENCY |
2 Feb 2023, 23:25
A New Friendship
![]()
Larino Speaking (English)
Larino Speaking (Japanese)
Others Speaking
Thoughts
=
= DATE: January 30th, 2023
TIME: Morning
PLACE: Charms
INTERACTING WITH: @Aurora Griffith
Outfit: School RobesThe red-haired Hufflepuff girl sat next to Larino turned to face the struggling boy, then turned back to the front and muttered something about... the three rules of charms? He honestly had no idea. It wasn't that he didn't listen, rather that he often lost concentration. He did have a pretty good memory, but since he was generally bad at magic itself and didn't find charms (or most subjects, for that matter) that interesting, he did find it rather difficult to retain the information.
But he did want to do well, or at least that's what he told himself. Most mornings he was in the common room before he should be, and was the last one to head up to the dorms. The lack of sleep probably didn't help too much either, but since he did want to start to be at least a little sociable and not hide in his studies the whole time, so had started needing to put an actual life before it. What made everything worse was that the full moon was only a few days away. One thing was for sure: this was his least favourite time of the month.
Trying to be nice and not his arrogant and stubborn self for once, he turned to the girl sat beside him and said: "Um... no." He then paused for a second, trying to think of something to say next: "Could you..." For the Slytherin, this was the hardest thing. "Could you... help me please?" He wasn't sure what he was thinking, asking for help for the first time in his life. But he was only left with one thought: I'm ready to blossom into my best self.Post layout and graphics by Larino Arveli
============ ====• S U M M A R Y •====
ReducioLarino sat there for a moment, pondering his thoughts. It took him a moment until he turned to the red-haired Hufflepuff girl sat beside him and ask her for help, which was, for him, the hardest thing. ====• O O C •====
ReducioIf anyone noticed the multiple Amphibia references in here you are wonderful and have good taste in TV shows
And if you don't know what I'm talking about, you are still wonderful and you should totally go and watch it============
"Pretend inferiority and encourage its arrogance."
3 Feb 2023, 01:14
A New Friendship

──────────── ─────────────
date: 1/30/23 | place: Charms | #ba9826= Aurora(English) | Thoughts= Italics
The boy who was having trouble barely managed to squeeze out the fact that he needed help when he implied that he wasn't sure what I was talking about. Okay...I smirked a little and felt like laughing too because something told me that this boy was not a Hufflepuff. But I wasn't teasing him. I just wanted to help, and I didn't like doing this spell over and over and over again, whatever spell it was because I still couldn't remember. I turned to him and said. "Sure, I'd love to help! I had asked if you were using the three rules of Charms, you know, precision, concentration, and enunciation. You've gotta be precise when casting a spell, concentrate on it, and say it right. Don't worry, it gets easier the more you do it." I was crossing my fingers that the boy would understand what I meant because once you got the hang of it, Charms really wasn't that hard. Unless you simply just stink at it, but I'm sure that's not possible. "Oh, what's your name by the way? I'm Aurora, Aurora Griffith." I always gave my name to everybody, after all, if you meet somebody, it'd be less than low to just call them "the redheaded girl" or "the large-eyed boy" or something like that, wouldn't it? I was confident that I'd be able to help this boy who seemed to have swallowed whatever pride he had and asked for help. Hopefully. Not many opportunities like this come along anyway, at least not for me...
───────────── ─────────────
interacting with: @Larino Arveli
mentions: @
word count: 235
| Sta-7 Eva-8 Str-5 Arc-7 Acc-7 Wis-6 | Check out my shop! | No sport |
| RO'S ENCY | "You broke the ship! You broke the bloody ship!" | ROKS'S ENCY |
14 Feb 2023, 23:04
A New Friendship
![]()
Larino Speaking (English)
Larino Speaking (Japanese)
Others Speaking
Thoughts
=
= DATE: January 30th, 2023
TIME: Morning
PLACE: Charms
INTERACTING WITH: @Aurora Griffith
Outfit: School RobesThe first year had no clue what he was doing. Asking for help? Since when did I ask for help?! the boy panicked in his head, trying not to show it on his face, though it probably did. There were many things he didn't like; asking for help was certainly one of them. The girl sat next to him started to help him, which he did appreciate. She recited the three rules of charms, which had never quite stuck into his head. He had a good memory, or at least that's what he told himself. And no matter what he did, he never seemed to get a spell right. The first year sighed. There was no way he could do this, with or without the girl's help. precision, concentration, enunciation he had no idea what the last word meant (through not being a native English speaker), but repeated the three words over in his head a few times (hopefully causing them to stick) before hearing her speak again.
She then proceeded to introduce herself as Aurora, and Larino decided it was time to introduce himself too. "Larino Arveli." He said, trying to smile and make a new friend, something which he didn't find the easiest.Post layout and graphics by Larino Arveli
============ ====• S U M M A R Y •====
ReducioLarino had just asked for help, which was something he didn't do very often. He listened to the other girl tell him the three rules of charms: 'precision, concentration, and enunciation', then repeated them in his head a few times, hoping they would stick. When she introduced herself as Aurora, Larino introduced himself to her too. ====• O O C •====
ReducioSorry for the really late reply, I've had a lot going on recently, but replies should be a bit quicker now![]()
============
"Pretend inferiority and encourage its arrogance."
16 Feb 2023, 00:12
A New Friendship

──────────── ─────────────
date: 1/30/23 | place: Charms | #ba9826= Aurora(English) | Thoughts= Italics
When I introduced myself to the boy, he said his name was Larino Arveli. "Nice to meet you Larino! I really like your name!" I said, smiling.I really wanted to get to know Larino now, for reasons probably unknown. "Er, what house are you, Larino?" "I'm a Hufflepuff. I don't think I've seen you around before..." I knew a lot of Hufflepuffs and Ravenclaws, but something told me that Larino was neither. "Oh, and make sure to practice the spells outside class time, that's what I do!" I added helpfully as a tip, deciding not to tell him that one of the last times I had practiced spells outside of class time recently, I had set fire to my homework. But, that was beside the point. I think. My little conversation had caused me to lose track of what we were doing and forget the spell entirely. I frantically flipped through my textbook, trying to find the right spell and running a hand through my hair. What had we been doing anyway? I refused to admit that I had forgotten what we were doing exactly, everything from the wand movement to the incantation. But for once, I will be humble. "Uh...what were we doing again?" I asked Larino a bit nervously, running a hand through my hair again. And this is why I don't usually have random conversations during class...
───────────── ─────────────
interacting with: @Larino Arveli
mentions: @
word count: 224
| Sta-7 Eva-8 Str-5 Arc-7 Acc-7 Wis-6 | Check out my shop! | No sport |
| RO'S ENCY | "You broke the ship! You broke the bloody ship!" | ROKS'S ENCY |
19 Feb 2023, 23:29
A New Friendship
![]()
Larino Speaking (English)
Larino Speaking (Japanese)
Others Speaking
Thoughts
== DATE: January 30th, 2023
TIME: Morning
PLACE: Charms
INTERACTING WITH: @Aurora Griffith
Outfit: School RobesLarino looked cautiously around the room, then decided it was best to point something out that was rather obvious: "I'm a Slytherin. It's... on my robes." He said, holding up the stitching with the snake on it, but quickly moving on. If he wanted to make a good impression, he would need to act not so stubborn, for a change. Aurora then told him that it would be best to practice outside of lessons, though if it didn't work in lessons, it probably would never work. Even with the many hours of practice he would put in if he could actually do magic. The most magical thing he'd successfully done was his first instance, but breaking a dice shaker probably wouldn't get him through life.
It seemed that Aurora had forgotten what they were doing, but Larino had to look down at his parchment to remember. He had to look down at his parchment to remember, but did remind her. Had the Slytherin been acting normal and made a good impression for once? Perhaps, but it was probably too good to be true. Larino could only hope that he had made a good first impression, and hoped that the two would become good friends with time.Post layout and graphics by Larino Arveli
============ ======• S U M M A R Y •======
ReducioLarino pointed out the fact that his house was clearly on his robes, holding up the stitching with the snake on it to show he was a Slytherin. He then spent a few seconds pondering how no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't perform magic. Aurora then seemed to forget what they were supposed to be doing, and Larino had to look down at his parchment to remind her.============
"Pretend inferiority and encourage its arrogance."
24 Mar 2023, 12:01
A New Friendship

──────────── ─────────────
date: 1/30/23 | place: Charms | #ba9826= Aurora(English) | Thoughts= Italics
After learning the most obvious thing ever, I felt myself turning pink. Or was it red...? How could I not have seen that Larino was a Slytherin, it really was on his robes. I guessed I just liked asking people what their house was, and I also guessed that I had wanted them to tell me themselves, instead of their robes telling me!
"Oh gosh, I should have noticed. Sorry about that," I said, most likely apologizing for no reason whatsoever. Also a bad habit, but actually one I'd like to break. So, putting another embarrassing incident behind me, but I may have overdramatized and exaggerated that a little, I turned my attention back to the lesson for a split second before Larino reminded me what we were even doing.
"Oh, thank you," I said, briefly turning my attention back to the lesson. "You know, for those people who seem to have a certain talent at magic or casting spells or potions or whatever have you, remember that talent only gets you so far," I said. It was something that my Nanny had told me a couple of years ago, when I was in a very similar situation to this.
So sure, while I may get all O's in Charms and such, I still loved practicing the spells outside of class! But we aren't going to talk about that time I accidentally burned my homework using Incendio...
───────────── ─────────────
interacting with: @Larino Arveli
mentions: @
word count: 234
| Sta-7 Eva-8 Str-5 Arc-7 Acc-7 Wis-6 | Check out my shop! | No sport |
| RO'S ENCY | "You broke the ship! You broke the bloody ship!" | ROKS'S ENCY |