Register
Sign in

3 Nov 2022, 15:31
I have just been playing this game for a few days but I can't post in the keeper of key's thread
Hello can you please tell me why I can't RP in keeper of key thread and can you tell me how to do it?

Luke H. Whitlock

3 Nov 2022, 15:36
I have just been playing this game for a few days but I can't post in the keeper of key's thread
Hi! Can you link me which one you mean?

Opeila | Theodore | Raffle
Head of Index | Prefect | Duelling Co-Captain
Sta-10 | Eva-11 | Str-4 | Wis-11 | Arc-9 | Acc-14

3 Nov 2022, 15:49
Ok, let me just check something.

Edit: Right, so it looks like this forum is off limits for first years. You can post in there as second years and higher.

3 Nov 2022, 16:09
Opeila Winters wrote: 3 Nov 2022, 15:49 Ok, let me just check something.

Edit: Right, so it looks like this forum is off limits for first years. You can post in there as second years and higher.
Oof, that sucks. Had to make a new thread in another area so that Luke could see. Would you happen to know why that area is blocked off to first years?

3 Nov 2022, 16:11
I think it's because it's set up so that certain areas of Hogwarts and other places aren't available to first years. As you go up a year, more stuff opens up for you. Sometimes you can access locations ahead of time by buying certain items like a sneak thing or a map etc... things like that that allow you access earlier. But sometimes you can't. Keeper of Keys opens up in your second year.

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE
sta • 9 | eva • 12 | str • 2 | wis • 7 | arc • 4 | acc • 10
MAIN STORY
kim - tone

3 Nov 2022, 16:40
That would make sense, but I wonder when everything unlocks. I'm assuming your last year everything unlocks?

"All living things truly deserve kindness, love, & compassion!"
-Reverie Binx ♥

3 Nov 2022, 17:00
Reverie Binx wrote: 3 Nov 2022, 16:40 That would make sense, but I wonder when everything unlocks. I'm assuming your last year everything unlocks?
Some areas you need to buy an item to access regardless of the year (eg. Room of Requirement, Godric's Hollow), some only open to people with certain abilities (eg. Chamber of Secrets for Parselmouths, and part-goblins have a private forum in Gringotts), and some are only open to people with certain functions (eg. house-specific areas, locker rooms for sports). I think most do unlock by seventh year, but we don't have any seventh-years on the site yet so that may change in the future ^^

=
#00308F
encycassie heather
=
breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out
Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9

3 Nov 2022, 17:00
Well, some places are tied to items you can buy from shops and the house areas will always stay private to house members, but other than that I believe so!

3 Nov 2022, 21:53
Some places you can buy items that unlock areas for you earlier but sometimes those items won't be useful to you until your 4th or 5th year. Like one item unlocks access to a certain place but it says 'will not work for those under 5th year' which means it will unlock normally in your 6th or 7th year but with the item it will allow you access when you are a 5th year.

MISC LINKS
my codes - shop
⠀⠀⠀I FEEL LIKE I'M IN SLOW MODE
sta • 9 | eva • 12 | str • 2 | wis • 7 | arc • 4 | acc • 10
MAIN STORY
kim - tone