Register
Sign in

11 Apr 2022, 01:29
Colin McCoire 🐺 Slytherin 🐺 Third Year
Full Name: Colin McCoire (the legal spelling is Cailean)
House: Slytherin
Wand: Hawthorn, 10 inches, flexible
School Year: Third Year
Patronus: (n/a til 6th year, but will probably end up being a bloody snake.)
Species: Werewolf

Thus far...
I'm Colin and I was born and grew up not far from Hogwarts as the raven flies, but for the poor wolf that has to scamper up and down the hills and mountains of the Highlands, it's quite a hike! The lands of Clan McCoire are out in the middle of nowhere, really, and are absolutely perfect for a gang of adventuresome siblings like us to roam freely. The McCoires they say are an all magical clan.

Our Da is the clan chief, but our wee family is headed by my Great-Great-Great-Grandmother Moira --- we call her Seanmamó or just Mamó --- and she's from Ma's side of the family. She's ancient, but really cool! According to folks around, they wink and say she's a piece of work. She used to have long red hair, until she found this muggle magazine one time and then she had it blue and done up like a 'punky rocker'. I know what a rocker is, because we've got two in the great room. I was never quite sure what a punking rocking chair is really supposed to be, but apparently it has spiky blue hair. Anyway, she's now got this kind of wind-swept style and it's blue and purple. Her middle name is Esmerelda, and she goes by Esme on account of my dafty older sister being named Moira after her. Seanmamó is a potions master and has a shop in London. She's pretty awesome with all sorts of magic though. If people ask about her shop, "if you need to ask where, you don't need to know," is all she'd say about its location. Especially to folk she doesn't hold with. That's one of her favourite phrases, that: 'I don't hold with that.' Ma certainly doesn't hold with some of the folks that show up at the house calling on Mamó's expertise!

Isobel Aquamarine and Lewis Liam are my parents. Ma works for the Ministry and is often in London. She does have an really awesome office in the house, at one end of the library, and it's not unusual to find some Ministry bloke wandering lost in the house because he got out of the wrong hearth. It's a big house, so that's not a surprise! A few years ago now, I'm pretty sure twas the Minister who we found in one of the linen closets in the guest wing. Da is a tinker by avocation and is brilliant with charms. He likes to come up with charmed objects, some of which he sells through shops in London, Hogsmeade and Godrics as well as by parcel owl. His most popular line that he sells is charmed kitchen gadgets. You know the sort, self scrubbing pot brushes, wet-n-dry dish cloths, that sort of thing. My favourite is the long-n-short spurtle --- no matter how big the pot, the long-n-short will always be the right length for cooking! That's what Da always says about it!

As for us kids, the oldest is Moira, I think she's four years older than me. She's mental. She didn't attend Hogwarts. Most of the clan's kids don't. There's enough around for a small private school --- not a proper school like Hogwarts, mind, just an old barn or workshop that isn't being used where kids like Moira can learn the basics. We were really lucky that Mamó taught us so much before coming here. She's a Ravenclaw and would always give us neat books to read.

Then there are me and Liam --- we're twins and up until sorting last year were literally inseparable! I got sent to my doom in Slytherin and Liam went up to glory among the Ravenclaws. I thought for sure I'd be in Ravenclaw with Liam! Um. Oh well. I suppose I'm coming to terms with ophidianism. I'm the elder brother --- by two whole minutes! --- and up until mere moments before our 11th birthday, one could scarcely tell us apart! We both had pale blond hair but my first bit of unintended magic fixed all that. Liam is named after Da; and I'm named after Da's twin, Colin. They were both war heroes, but uncle Colin died in the Battle of Hogwarts.

After me and Liam come our two younger brothers and a bonny little sister, and we're all a year apart. They are Angus and Alex are twins too, and then Ciarán. She's now 11 and they're 12. They're both losers, and have been sent packing to Ilvermorny! From what I've heard tell by the other kids at Hogwarts, I think our lives must seem positively boring! Oh well! We've always just amused ourselves, after chores and lessons, by running wild in the hill country, swimming in the loch and pretending to be the great heroes and characters from the stories we'd been reading about!
Physical Description: I'm pretty tall, and managed to only get taller! I was about 4/11 when I started school in 2021, then 5/2 last year, and now going into third year I'm 5/6! Seanmamó says if I don't stop getting taller, I'll have to start wearing old table cloths for my kilts! I've got greenish grey eyes and Moira, my older sister, says that I've got an intense stare. I've got pond scum green eyes, that Clair really loves! She's the Best Ravenclaw Girl Ever! And she's my girlfriend!

My hair is naturally platinum blond and always messy. I've been keeping it long, but this year, now that I've learned some spells to change it, I think I'll try different styles. I've still got that wee thin braid on my left side. I think it looks cool, and I've got two raven feathers tucked into it!

Distinguishing marks and scars: I've got loads of wicked scars and marks on my body! I'm quite proud of my birthmark. It's a kind of small heart-shaped mark, not very dark, just to the left of my breastbone, about halfway down my chest. Liam had the same kind of birth mark, only his was on his right side!

Anyone can see the scar over my left eye --- that I got during a play fight last year! There's even a wee gap in my eyebrow!

I've got bite marks on the front of my chest on the right side, scratch marks on my chest, belly, back of my right shoulder and right flank --- those were from the first attack and are how I contracted lycanthropy.

I've got battle wounds on my left flank --- a really bad mauling mark from a Wolf --- as well as assorted scars on my left shoulder, and all along my arm from this last summer.

I've got loads of other non-descript scars from bundimun acid burns, thorns and tree branch wounds from racing this summer. As well as assorted small burn marks and scars on his lower legs and knees. Some of those I've had for years, others are newer!

If you've got quick eyes you might be able to catch the tops of the claw scars on my left hip peeking above my kilt! You won't see the rest unless you go for a swim in the Lake with me! Those extend across my butt and down my thigh, ending above my knee.

I'm very proud of my scars!

Liam always said they're wicked and I'll surely be a girl magnet, but --- well...

I've got other scars, too. In my heart. Those, well --- Last year was really hard for me. All year long I had thought Liam was dead! So did my family! We got letters from St. Mungos and everything. Dear Colin: We regret to inform you... My heart tore in half. I know I broke down a lot of times last year. Really, if it weren't for Clair and Fyre Angel especially, and Mange Fur and Dr Loops and Janny, I don't know what I would have done. I really wanted to die. Many times. I only wanted to be with Liam.

But we learned that it was a hoax. A really cruel hoax. My Aunt Agatha --- Haggy Aggy --- it was her who had tried to kill me even before we started school! Revenge. That's all Da would tell us when he and the lads got back from paying her a little visit this last summer. I don't know what they did to her, but I'm sure she'll find Azkaban an improvement! But best of all! I've got my Liam back!

And I've got Clair!! I guess Liam was right after all --- maybe I am a girl magnet! Loads of girls have been crushing on me. It's kind of weird, really! I mean, Opal really had it bad for me last year. She drowned in the lake, and I rescued her and gave her the kiss of life and everything! And then we snogged for real! And Charlie --- whoa! That girl was off the ladder! Honestly, she followed me everywhere! And then there was Elizabeth, she was a Ravenclaw and she was crushing on me too! But they've all left Hoggys. Probably died like Thorn or got sent away like Sophia. Oof. But! This year, I think Maddi is crushing on me --- she's really sweet! --- and a couple Gryffindor girls! Whoa. One starts with an A and the other a Y I think?

But my heart is set on Clair Fernandez! And I'M GONNA MARRY THAT GIRL SOME DAY!! --- One thousand two hundred ninety-one days to go!! OWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

And if third year couldn't be any better, my little sister Ciarán started Hoggys this year, and of course she's in the Best House! Sorry, not you Gryffindorks, Ravenclowns, and Hufflepuffinstuffs! And speaking of little sisters, it's kind of sad because her parents died this summer, but adopted my cousin Lily Brown! I do love her! (:eyes: Don't tell her this!! PLEASE!!) I fought the hag doll last fall ball for her.

Mental Description: I was pretty shy coming into Hogwarts. I think that's because there were really just us kids where I live. Not many folk our age anyways. My friends that grew up in London or Cork or wherever --- they just seem to get along better in crowds. They said there would be a lot of people at Hogwarts --- and they weren't lying! I didn't think I'd like that at first, but I was surprised at how I got over that after meeting some kids and they actually liked me! Even with my --- debility. I do like adventure, though, and the idea of exploring a new place has always been exciting! But being without Liam during first year was really hard. And now --- oof.

Well, that's in the past! I can hardly keep myself contained for pure joy!

First Instance of Magic
: Oh! Well, I said before my hair is black and messy. And while it's always been messy, it wasn't always black! All of us kids had hair like straw, really pale blond. It was on our eleventh birthday that Liam got us into a right mess by getting into Mamó's potion stores. Usually, she doesn't mind too much, especially because Liam favours potions; but fairy wings are dear and well, she knew it must have been Liam because he likes potions more than me and had been eyeing those wings since she got them in the week before. Anyway, didn't she haul me own self up by the ear with a stern "Liam McCoire! What did you do with those fairy wings?"

It's not the first time we've been confused for each other --- even Ma used to get us mixed up. Liam always thought it was funny, but I didn't think it was so grand, what with my ear being pinched right off! I stamped my foot on the stone floor and shouted "I'M NOT LIAM! I'M COLIN!"

I'm not sure who was more surprised! I know I must have turned red as any apple --- I didn't mean to shout at Mamó after all. And didn't Mamó drop me to the floor with a shock and a shout for everyone to come and look. Everyone stared at me, Liam most of all. Mamó shouted "well ain't that the dog's testicles!"

Moira said the word should be 'bullocks' not 'testicles' and Mamó said: "I don't care which it is, little Colin's finally shown us his magic! And didn't he wait til the eleventh hour to do it!" And sure enough, when I looked into the mirror, my hair and eyebrows and lashes were as black as coal!

"Black as midnight in a goblin's cave," Mamó said. She was pleased as punch with me and after my hair returned to normal, she taught me how to change it back. Moira took to calling me the Black Wolf, and of course, Angus and Alex and Ciarán took it up as well. And well, I could never be mad at Ciarán, so I let it be so!

This is me and Liam!
Archived Versions
Reducio
Year 1
Reducio
School Year: First Year

Thus far...
I'm Colin and I was born and grew up not far from Hogwarts as the raven flies, but for the poor hound that has to scamper up and down the hills and mountains of the Highlands, it's quite a hike! The lands of Clan McCoire are out in the middle of nowhere, really, and are absolutely perfect for a gang of adventuresome siblings like us to roam freely. The McCoires they say are an all magical clan.

Our Da is the clan chief, but our wee family is headed by Grandmother Moira --- we call her Mamó --- and she's Ma's grandmother. She's ancient, but really cool! According to folks around, they wink and say she's a piece of work. She used to have long red hair, until she found this muggle magazine one time and now her hair is blue and she has it done up like a 'punky rocker'. I know what a rocker is, because we've got two in the great room. I was never quite sure what a punking rocking chair is really supposed to be, but apparently it has spiky blue hair. Maybe it's a kind of magical beast! Grandmother Moira is a potions master and has a shop in London. "If you need to ask where, you don't need to know," is all Mamó would say about its location. Especially to folk she doesn't hold with. That's one of her favourite phrases, that: 'I don't hold with that.' Ma certainly doesn't hold with some of the folks that show up at the house calling on Mamó's expertise!

Isobel and Lewis are my parents. Ma works for the Ministry and is often in London. She does have an really awesome office in the house, at one end of the library, and it's not unusual to find some Ministry bloke wandering lost in the house because he got out of the wrong hearth. Two years ago, I'm pretty sure twas the Minister who we found in the linen closet by the guest rooms. Da is a tinker and he likes to come up with charmed objects, some of which he sells through shops in London, Hogsmeade and Godrics as well as by parcel owl. His most popular line that he sells is charmed kitchen gadgets. You know the sort, self scrubbing pot brushes, wet-n-dry dish cloths, that sort of thing. My favourite is the long-n-short spirtle --- no matter how big the pot, the long-n-short will always be the right length for cooking! That's what Da always says about it!

As for us kids, the oldest is Moira, four years older than me. She's mental. She didn't attend Hogwarts. Most of the clan's kids don't. There's enough around for a small private school --- not a proper school like Hogwarts, mind, just an old barn or workshop that isn't being used where kids like Moira can learn the basics. We were really lucky that Mamó taught us so much before coming here. She's a Ravenclaw and would always give us neat books to read.

Then there are me and Liam --- we're twins and we're literally inseparable! Until the Sorting, anyway. I got sent to my doom in Slytherin and Liam went up to glory among the Ravenclaws. I thought for sure I'd be in Ravenclaw with Liam! Um. I'm the elder brother --- by two whole minutes! --- and up until mere moments before our 11th birthday, one could scarcely tell us apart! We both had pale blond hair but my first bit of unintended magic fixed all that.

After me and Liam come our two younger brothers and a bonny little sister, and we're all a year apart. They are Angus, Alex and Ciarán. They're ten, nine and eight. From what I've heard tell by the other kids, I think our lives must seem positively boring! Oh well! We've always just amused ourselves, after chores and lessons, by running wild in the hill country, swimming in the loch and pretending to be the great heroes and characters from the stories we'd been reading about!
Physical Description: I'm pretty tall. Ma says I got to four feet ten inches on my eleventh birthday. I've got greenish grey eyes and Moira, my older sister, says that I've got an intense stare. My hair is black and messy, but it wasn't always that way. I'm going to try and grow a wee braid, but I don't know where yet. That would look cool. I've got a heart shaped birthmark on my chest, but other than that, I guess I'm just a fairly ordinary skinny boy.

Mental Description: Mostly I'm shy. I think that's because there just aren't a lot of people around where I live. Not others our age anyways. We've got cousins and neighbours, of course, but they're all a good hike away. They said there's a lot of people at Hogwarts --- and they weren't lying! I'm not sure if I'll like that or not! I do like adventure, though, and the idea of exploring a new place in exciting! But being without Liam is really hard...

First Instance of Magic
: Oh! Well, I said before my hair is black and messy. And while it's always been messy, it wasn't always black! All of us kids had hair like straw, pale blond. It was only last year, on our birthday, Liam got us into a right mess by getting into Mamó's potion stores. Usually, she doesn't mind too much, especially because Liam favours potions; but fairy wings are dear and well, she knew it must have been Liam because he likes potions more than me and had been eyeing those wings since she got them in the week before. Anyway, didn't she haul me own self up by the ear with a stern "Liam McCoire! What did you do with those fairy wings?"

It's not the first time we've been confused for each other --- even Ma used to get us mixed up. Liam always thought it was funny, but I didn't think it was so grand, what with my ear being pinched right off! I stamped my foot on the stone floor and shouted "I'M NOT LIAM! I'M COLIN!"

I'm not sure who was more surprised! I know I must have turned red as any apple --- I didn't mean to shout at Mamó after all. And didn't Mamó drop me to the floor with a shock and a shout for everyone to come and look. Everyone stared at me, Liam most of all. Mamó shouted "well ain't that the dog's testicles!"

Moira said the word should be 'bullocks' not 'testicles' and Mamó said: "I don't care which it is, little Colin's finally shown us his magic! And didn't he wait til the eleventh hour to do it!" And sure enough, when I looked into the mirror, my hair and eyebrows and lashes were as black as coal!

"Black as midnight in a goblin's cave," Mamó said. She was pleased as punch with me and after my hair returned to normal, she taught me how to change it back. Moira took to calling me the Black Wolf, and of course, Angus and Alex and Ciarán took it up as well. And well, I could never be mad at Ciarán, so I let it be so!

And that's that!
Year 2
Reducio
School Year: Second Year

Thus far...
I'm Colin and I was born and grew up not far from Hogwarts as the raven flies, but for the poor wolf that has to scamper up and down the hills and mountains of the Highlands, it's quite a hike! The lands of Clan McCoire are out in the middle of nowhere, really, and are absolutely perfect for a gang of adventuresome siblings like us to roam freely. The McCoires they say are an all magical clan.

Our Da is the clan chief, but our wee family is headed by my Great-Great-Great-Grandmother Moira --- we call her Seanmamó or just Mamó --- and she's from Ma's side of the family. She's ancient, but really cool! According to folks around, they wink and say she's a piece of work. She used to have long red hair, until she found this muggle magazine one time and then she had it blue and done up like a 'punky rocker'. I know what a rocker is, because we've got two in the great room. I was never quite sure what a punking rocking chair is really supposed to be, but apparently it has spiky blue hair. Anyway, she's now got this kind of wind-swept style and it's blue and purple. Her middle name is Esmerelda, and she goes by Esme on account of my dafty older sister being named Moira after her. Seanmamó is a potions master and has a shop in London. She's pretty awesome with all sorts of magic though. If people ask about her shop, "if you need to ask where, you don't need to know," is all she'd say about its location. Especially to folk she doesn't hold with. That's one of her favourite phrases, that: 'I don't hold with that.' Ma certainly doesn't hold with some of the folks that show up at the house calling on Mamó's expertise!

Isobel Aquamarine and Lewis Liam are my parents. Ma works for the Ministry and is often in London. She does have an really awesome office in the house, at one end of the library, and it's not unusual to find some Ministry bloke wandering lost in the house because he got out of the wrong hearth. It's a big house, so that's not a surprise! A few years ago now, I'm pretty sure twas the Minister who we found in one of the linen closets in the guest wing. Da is a tinker by avocation and is brilliant with charms. He likes to come up with charmed objects, some of which he sells through shops in London, Hogsmeade and Godrics as well as by parcel owl. His most popular line that he sells is charmed kitchen gadgets. You know the sort, self scrubbing pot brushes, wet-n-dry dish cloths, that sort of thing. My favourite is the long-n-short spurtle --- no matter how big the pot, the long-n-short will always be the right length for cooking! That's what Da always says about it!

As for us kids, the oldest is Moira, I think she's four years older than me. She's mental. She didn't attend Hogwarts. Most of the clan's kids don't. There's enough around for a small private school --- not a proper school like Hogwarts, mind, just an old barn or workshop that isn't being used where kids like Moira can learn the basics. We were really lucky that Mamó taught us so much before coming here. She's a Ravenclaw and would always give us neat books to read.

Then there are me and Liam --- we're twins and up until sorting last year were literally inseparable! I got sent to my doom in Slytherin and Liam went up to glory among the Ravenclaws. I thought for sure I'd be in Ravenclaw with Liam! Um. Oh well. I suppose I'm coming to terms with ophidianism. I'm the elder brother --- by two whole minutes! --- and up until mere moments before our 11th birthday, one could scarcely tell us apart! We both had pale blond hair but my first bit of unintended magic fixed all that. Liam is named after Da; and I'm named after Da's twin, Colin. They were both war heroes, but uncle Colin died in the Battle of Hogwarts.

After me and Liam come our two younger brothers and a bonny little sister, and we're all a year apart. They are Angus, Alex and Ciarán. They're now eleven, ten and nine. From what I've heard tell by the other kids at Hogwarts, I think our lives must seem positively boring! Oh well! We've always just amused ourselves, after chores and lessons, by running wild in the hill country, swimming in the loch and pretending to be the great heroes and characters from the stories we'd been reading about!

We're very excited for this year too because our Aunt Iona's daughter Alena is starting Hoggys! I so very much hope she gets Slytherin! We'll have so much fun being in the same house --- but I know she'll be fine in any house!
Physical Description: I'm pretty tall, and managed to only get taller! I was about 4/11 when I started school in 2021, and now going into second year I'm 5/2. Seanmamó says if I don't stop getting taller, I'll have to start wearing old table cloths for my kilts! I've got greenish grey eyes and Moira, my older sister, says that I've got an intense stare. Jarael, she's a --- really smart and cute girl I met in first year --- says my eyes look bright like pond scum! She's always saying quirky and spot-on things like that. She's pretty cool! I like her a lot, but I haven't seen her in a long time now.

My hair is naturally platinum blond and always messy, but I messed around with Seanmamó's hair tonics and dyes a lot in first year. Sometimes I'd have it green or red or blue or steely grey. Usually I kept it black. I've started growing that wee thin braid on my left side, so even if I ever cut my hair, I'll keep the braid. I think it looks cool!

Distinguishing marks and scars: I've got loads of wicked scars and marks on my body! I'm quite proud of my birthmark. It's a kind of small heart-shaped mark, not very dark, just to the left of my breastbone, about halfway down my chest. Liam had the same kind of birth mark, only his was on his right side!

Anyone can see the scar over my left eye --- that I got during a play fight last year! There's even a wee gap in my eyebrow!

I've got bite marks on the front of my chest on the right side, scratch marks on my chest, belly, back of my right shoulder and right flank --- those were from the first attack and are how I contracted lycanthropy.

I've got battle wounds on my left flank --- a really bad mauling mark from a Wolf --- as well as assorted scars on my left shoulder, and all along my arm from this last summer.

I've got loads of other non-descript scars from bundimun acid burns, thorns and tree branch wounds from racing this summer. As well as assorted small burn marks and scars on his lower legs and knees. Some of those I've had for years, others are newer!

If you've got quick eyes you might be able to catch the tops of the claw scars on my left hip peeking above my kilt! You won't see the rest unless you go for a swim in the Lake with me! Those extend across my butt and down my thigh, ending above my knee.

I'm very proud of his scars!

Liam always said they're wicked and I'll surely be a girl magnet, but --- well...

I've got other scars, too. In my heart. Those, well ---

Mental Description: I was pretty shy coming into Hogwarts. I think that's because there were really just us kids where I live. Not many folk our age anyways. My friends that grew up in London or Cork or wherever --- they just seem to get along better in crowds. They said there would be a lot of people at Hogwarts --- and they weren't lying! I didn't think I'd like that at first, but I was surprised at how I got over that after meeting some kids and they actually liked me! Even with my --- debility. I do like adventure, though, and the idea of exploring a new place has always been exciting! But being without Liam during first year was really hard. And now --- oof.

First Instance of Magic
: Oh! Well, I said before my hair is black and messy. And while it's always been messy, it wasn't always black! All of us kids had hair like straw, really pale blond. It was on our eleventh birthday that Liam got us into a right mess by getting into Mamó's potion stores. Usually, she doesn't mind too much, especially because Liam favours potions; but fairy wings are dear and well, she knew it must have been Liam because he likes potions more than me and had been eyeing those wings since she got them in the week before. Anyway, didn't she haul me own self up by the ear with a stern "Liam McCoire! What did you do with those fairy wings?"

This is me and Liam!
Year 3
Reducio
Year 4
Reducio
Year 5
Reducio
Year 6
Reducio
Year 7
Reducio
Last edited by Colin McCoire on 12 Mar 2024, 06:11, edited 29 times in total.

Wolf and Raven dance together, by the river in the heather;
under Moon and under star, Wolf and Raven wander far!

11 Apr 2022, 02:54
ROLE PLAYS
YEAR ONE
YEAR TWO
Reducio

(20 August) Battle of the Boys
(25 August) Through the Looking Glass and into Muggledom
(31 August) A New Adventure

(1 Sept) Making New Friends
(1 Sept) Into Darkness
(1 Sept) The Slytherin Table 2022-2023
(1 Sept) Slytherin Initiation
(3 Sept) Dark Heart Wandering
(4 Sept, early am) Another Wolf in My Zoomies!?
(5 Sept) Organisation With a Dash of Creativity
(5 Sept) Spreading Some Love in the New School Year
(7 Sept) Animal Lovers Club, First Meeting
(10 Sept) Too Much Homework
(10 Sept) That Time of the Month
(11 Sept) Cat Party!
(12 Sept) Bad at Researching
(13 Sept) Evening Gossip
(13 Sept, pm) From the Frying Pan and Into the Fiendfyre!
(14 Sept) Flying High
(20 Sept) Don't Be Suspicious!
(28 Sept) Small Frogs in a Big Hall
(28 Sept) How Could I Be So Stupid?
(29 Sept) Sacred Space
(31 Sep, pm) Snakes at the Ready! --- Gobstones Match against Mellani Miller

(1 October, am) 1v1 Duelling Club Meeting
(1 October, pm, after lunch)A Brawl is Brewing
(1 October, pm, after lunch) He Is a Danger
(5 Oct, pm) Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder
(1 Oct, pm, before dinner) I'm Drawn to You
(6 October) Please Ignore the Explosions, I Honestly Swear it's Normal!
(8 October, pm) Save Your Date! (Round 1)
(8 October, pm) Save Your Date! (Round 2)
(8 October, late evening) Faerietale Endings
(9 October) The Disaster Aftermath
(10 Oct, 4pm) Snitches and Sweater Weather
(14 Oct) When Did You Get here?
(15 Oct, m) The Snek Fort (around lunch time)
(15 Oct, pm) Broom Race: Slytherin vs Hufflepuff! (2 pm)
(15 Oct, pm) Low Spectations: Broom Race Spectator Thread (2 pm)
(15 Oct, eve) Absolute Victory
(16 Oct, am)Can You Help?
(16 Oct, m)💙💚Colin with a side of two new friends 💙💚
(19 Oct) 𝕾𝖕𝖔𝖔𝖐𝖞 𝕻𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖞
(21 Oct)Slytherin Study Session
(24 Oct)The Confession
(Oct) Hexiwizard Narrator Post

(5 Nov, M) Catch Me if You Can
(5 Nov) Happy Birthday!
(12 Nov, eve) Lads Night Out
(13 Nov) Some Time Alone
(14 Nov, pm) Charms and Muggle Talk?
(14 Nov, n) Of Wizards and Soapy Wands
(16 Nov, late night) Looking Blue
(19 Nov, pm) Colin vs Kim Duel
(25 Nov, m) Masterminds
(25 Nov, pm) Hair Colouring is Funnn!

(1 Dec, am) Flight of the Birds (errand)
(3 Dec, m) Musician's Corner Meeting
(5 Dec, am, breakfast) True Meaning of Christmas (errand)
(8 Dec) A Lone Wolf No More?
(10 Dec, pm, after dinner) Happy Holidays Errand
(14 Dec, pm) Let's Unleash Chaos!
(17 Dec) Wolf Season
(18 Dec) Surprise Birthday Party for Taizu!
(22 Dec, m) BaiKim Christmas Celebration Bash
(23 Dec, am) Reconnecting
(23 Dec, pm) A Cold Treat
(24 Dec, 8:42 pm) A Snek Fort Christmas Eve
(26 Dec, am) Dragon Dung and Wolves, What More Do We Need?
(26 Dec, pm) Malfoy's First Meeting

(4 Jan, pm) Scale of Dragon, Tooth of Wolf
(5 Jan, am) Something Extra to Talk About
(5 Jan, pm) Missed You <3 <3 <3
(7 Jan, am) Unexpected Gifts
(7 Jan, m) Ice, Ice, Baby
(7 Jan, eve) Malfoy's First Meeting
(8 Jan, am) Dave vs Damion Duel
(8 Jan, pm) Boom, Baby!
(8 Jan, early am) Red Moon, Red Knife
(8 Jan) Searching the Dorms
(8 Jan, pm) Movie Night
(11 Jan) A Slight Misunderstanding
(24 Jan, am) Unexpected Group of Friends
(27 Jan, pm) Hallway Hurling
(27 Jan, pm) A Step Towards Unity
(27 Jan) Joining of a Pack
(29 Jan) Like Wildfire <3 <3 <3
(30 Jan) A Big Thanks
(31 Jan) Sneks and Wolves

(1 Feb, eve) Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
(12 Feb, pm) Lions, Tigers and ... Unicorns?
(13 Feb) Valentines Sweethearts
(15 Feb) Time to Focus
(17 Feb, pm) Ladish Games
(24 Feb, eve) Slytherin Slumber Party
(28 Feb) See You Guys Later

(2 Mar) Books Books Books!
(7 Mar) Falling for You
(8 Mar) Spin the Bottle
(14 Mar, pm) Does He Like Me More Than I Think?
(15 Mar, am) Idus Martiae
(16 Mar, am) A Quiet Day by the Lake --- Or Not!

(3 Apr) Spring Break at the Fernandez Farm
(14 Apr) Trust is Earned
(15 Apr, am) Politics of Fear
(21 Apr) Spring Court --- finally Colin goes to the ball with Clair!
(21 Apr, eve) Their Own Royal Gathering
(22 Apr) Plants Can Be Pets Too
(29 Apr, am) Time for a Swim
(30 Apr, am) Happy Birthday to Me

(27 May) Watching the Race With Fyre Angel!
(28 May) It is the Best House!

(3 June, noon) Cruelty Does Not Equal Kindness --- DETENTION!!
(3 June, pm) Ripping After Detention
(6 June, pm) Broken Heart
(26 June) The Best Magical Creature
(28 June) Summer Ready!
YEAR THREE

(23 July) A Careless Encounter

(4 August) Flying? I Don't Think So!

(1 Sep) Entering a New Chapter
(1 Sep, eve) Settling In
(3 Sep, pm) Welcome Back Everyone!
(4 Sep, pm) Great Idea, Right? Pt. 1
(Mid Sep) A Viper in the Snake Pit
(21 Sep, noon) Lear's Army
(25 Sep, noon) Go to the Ball With Me?
(25 Sep, pm) Flying Seahorse Fishing
(27 Sep, pm) Hanging Out With the Homies

(6 Oct, eve) A Hairy Situation!
(6 Oct, eve) The Fall Ball! Lanterns and Boat Rides Post 1 | Post 2 | Post 3 | Post 4
(9 Oct, eve) It Was a Monday
(20 Oct, pm) A New Friend?
(20 Oct, eve) An Unsurprising Friendship
(28 Oct, pm) Definitely Edible!
(29 Oct, pm) RACE 1: Slytherin vs Gryffindor
(31 Oct, night) We Didn't Start the Fire

(2 Nov) Let Us Go to the High Place
(4 Nov) A Cruising Start to November
(5 Nov, am) Watching Lily's Duel; Lily's Duel;; Watching Kim's Duel; Kim's Duel
(25 Nov, pm) Can You Handle the Spice?

(1 Dec, am) December Again
(23 Dec, afternoon) Happy Christmas!
YEAR FOUR
YEAR FIVE
YEAR SIX
YEAR SEVEN

Last edited by Colin McCoire on 26 Feb 2024, 23:46, edited 70 times in total.

11 Apr 2022, 21:57
FRIENDS and RELATIONS

Over the course of Colin's first year, friendships had been forged and many acquaintances met. As he reflected on the year past, Colin mostly felt blessed by the amazing response most students offered him. He discovered that was able to separate from his twin brother Liam and make friends on his own. Several of these friendships proved to become quite strong very quickly!

As he began his second year, Colin even met a number of new firsties, several of which soon became fast friends as well. Surely the new year would bring all kinds of new adventures!
SWEETHEART

<3 CLAAIIIIRRR <3 FERRNAAANDEZ!!!! <3
YAAAAAWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Clair had Colin's heart at first bundimun acid spray!
CRUSHES
Wouldn't you like to know! Colin has many crushes, but one true love!
ACQUIRED SIBLINGS
Fyre Angel McCubbin --- My spirit sister and wise counsellor!
Sophia Nelson --- She's the Queen of Cauldrons and has got balls of brass that lass and is a fierce friend!
Pax Zhang --- My demisister!
Quinn Root --- She's one of my first friends here and we got quite close! She's disappeared though...
Lucian Mornstern --- Obvious reasons!
Rebecca Loops --- Also obvious reasons! Mostly, we share lots of ideas in common. Snek Squad!
Alora Graves --- gosh, we're so alike in many ways! She's the Princess of Pranks! Broom racer!
FRIENDS

Henry Knight --- my alpha
Jarael Morningstar --- she was my first crush!
Gemima Sable --- Gemmikins!
Leon de Luca --- Very creative friend!
Bailey Glade --- Smart and solid friend.
Kim Sato --- It took a long while to figure this one out! He can be trusted, after all.
Charlie Grace --- Red Charlie, she doesn't know this, but I saw her trying to make something that would help me. I was touched by her quiet friendship.
Alma Stoll
Jack Ace
Finnegan Conner
Dmitri Jones --- I met him in the Common Room. I was rather surprised that he is not a horrible Snake.
Irina Sousa
Jannette Applebottom --- Snek Squad and Troublemaker!
Lily Brown --- Top Pocket Troublemaker! (also my cousin!)
Monica Evans --- my first Guru of Muggledom
Tesla Stone --- I love to run with her! She's wicked fast!
Violet Grace --- Snek Squad!
ACQUAINTANCES

Regina Miller --- She doesn't eat raw mice --- to each her own I reckon!
Avery Chen --- Fellow fiddler and duelling partner extraordinaire!
Lily Blaze
Beatrice Langstreth --- A no-nonsense lass!
Charlie Edwards --- Black Charlie, met her on the train. Quiet and sweet!
Shiawase Mamori --- A speed demon with her wheelie chair!
Simon Kincaid
Maggie Hawkins
Bubba McGarry
Donald McCollum --- Haven't heard from him. Either died or got packed off to Ilvermorny.
Taizu Miyashiro
Dexter Ragsdill
Alana Dibble
Fang Hui-Ying
Ava Winchect --- should have left her in Azkaban!
Edme Achillian
Keith Moore --- he's cute and scrappy!
Leonard Oaksworth
Lilith Wolfram
Raizel Voltrouz
Seven Corigault-Seto
Thalia Gale
Thorn Cullen --- should've sent her to Azkaban with Ava
June Selwyn --- Broom racer!
Vale Ashwood --- Broom racer!
Wyatt Starkey --- Broom racer!
Starlee Kennedy --- Broom racer!
Percival Gray --- Broom racer!
Frost Walker --- Broom racer!
FOES

Avery Leveret --- Avery Leper Rat, Prefect, Teacher's Pet, he smells --- off, Lathspell I name him! I haven't said anything in public, but I didn't like the look of him from the first. He's a super annoying blood purist --- and haven't I got enough of those in my family? Even so, he had a certain --- charm about him

Maybe You!! Are your folks Death Eaters? Do you feel called to become the next Dark Queen? Or perhaps you'd rather be a minion! We are always on the look out for a high quality nemesis! Arrangements can be made by special enquiry!
OTHER
[/center]
Last edited by Colin McCoire on 15 May 2023, 06:27, edited 22 times in total.

11 Apr 2022, 21:57
Colin's Trunk

Race: Werewolf

Abilities:
Werewolf Skills | Evasive Manoeuvres | Werewolf Skills | ---4--- | ---5--- | ---6--- | ---7---
Stats:
Stamina: 7 | Evasion: 6 | Strength: 4 | Wisdom: 9 | Arcane Power: 6 | Accuracy: 9

This includes +1 to Wisdom from Broom Racing tie with Gryffindor!
Spells known:
Curses:
Mucus ad Nauseam • Curse of the Bogeys
Slugulus Erecto • Slug Vomiting Curse
Hexes & Jinxes:
Cutem Uro • Painful Hives Jinx
Iacta • Hurling Hex
Ingens Explosiones • Cascading Jinx
Lubricus • Slippery Jinx
Melofors • Pumkin Head Jinx
Metelojinx • Weather Jinx (Rain & Thunder)
Meteolojinx • Weather Jinx (Snow)
Nive Percutio • Bewitched Snowballs
Steleus • Sneezing Hex
Wibbli Cogitatus • Jelly-Brain Jinx
Charms:
Aberto • Opening Charm
Aer Calidus • Warm Air Charm
Alarte Ascendere • Ascension Spell
Alohomora • Unlocking Charm
Anathema Daphnis • Take Root
Aqua Fervens • Water Heating Charm
Arresto Momentum • Slowing Charm
Bullarum Immortalem • Bubble Making Charm
Caelum Muto • Atmospheric Charm
Caeruleus Inflamare • Bluebell Flames
Caerulimillious • Blue Sparks Charm
Colloportus • Locking Charm
Colovaria • General Colour Changing Charm
Condimentum • Sauce Making Spell
Crinus Muto • Hair Colour Changing Charm
Descendo • Descension Spell
Diffindo • Severing Charm
Dissendium • Charm to open passages
Duro • Hardening Charm
Engorgio • Expanding Charm
Epoximise • Gluing Spell
Expelliarmus • Disarming Charm
Extinguo • Extinguishing Charm
Ferula • Bandaging Charm
Finite Incantatem • Spell Stopping Charm
Flagrate • Fiery Script Spell
Flipendo • Knockback Jinx
Fumos • Smokescreen Spell
Furrure • Fur Spell
Illegibilus • Scrambling Charm
Immobulus • Freezing Charm
Incendio • Fire Making Spell
Incendio Duo • Green Fire Charm
Jaculor • Shooting Spell
Lumos • Wand Lighting Charm
Lumos Solem • Sunlight Charm
Meteolojinx Recanto • Weather Jinx Countercharm
Mimblewimble • Tongue Tying Spell
Multicorfors • Clothing Colour Change Charm
Nix Facitur • Snowflake Creating Spell
Nox • Wand Extinguishing Charm
Obscuro • Blindfolding spell
Oculus Reparo • Eyeglass Mending Charm
Orchideou • Flower Conjuration
Pack • Packing Charm
Papilio • Butterfly Conjuration
Papyrus Reparo • Paper Mending Charm
Periculum • Red Sparks Charm
Pluvia Velo • Umbrella Spell
Point Me • Four-point Spell
Potiri Putine • Flask Conjuration Spell
Reducio • Shrinking Charm
Renervate • Reviving Spell
Reparifarge • Untransfiguration
Reparo • Mending Charm
Revelio • Revealing Charm
Rictusempra • Tickling Charm
Scourgify • Cleaning Charm
Spongify • Softening Charm
Sublevo Brevis • Hovering Charm
Tarantallegra • Dancing Feet Spell
Verdimillious • Green Sparks Charm
Violaceous • Violet Sparks Charm
Wingardium Leviosa • Levitation Charm
Transfigurations:
Avifors • Small Object to Flying Creature (bird, bat, etc)
Cochlea Bibe • Snail to Teapot
Conmutocus • Matchstick to Needle
Flintifors • Matchbox Transformation Spell
Glisseo • Stairs to Slide
Glass to Sand
Reparifors • Healing Spell
Tunc Sibilus • Whistle to Watch
Vermiculafors • Quill to Earthworm
Vermiculus • Object to Worm
Potions known:
Antidote to Common Poisons
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons
Babbling Beverage
Bruise Removal Paste
Burn Healing Paste
Confusing Concoction
Cure for Boils
Dizziness Draught
Dogbreath Potion
Drowsiness Draught
Forgetfulness Potion
Herbicide Potion
Muffling Draught
Pompion Potion
Sleeping Draught

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

28 May 2022, 23:48
WAND
WAND

10 inches (25.5 cm) hawthorn wood
and unicorn hair

DESCRIPTION

Fairly flexible; a good match for a highly intuitive wizard that also has a certain affinity with nature.

。・:*˚:✧。
xxx⁂・˚
xx ✧: 。
xxxx✩・゚
xx☾ ⋆*・゚

ITEMS
School Supplies: Glass Phials, Copper Scales, Standard Size 2 Cauldron
School Books: Magical Theory, Magical Drafts and Potions, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Hogwarts A History, The Dark Forces A Guide To Self Protection, Book of Spells (Year 1/2), A History Of Magic
Ingredients: (none)
Potions: (none)
Clothes: School Robes (has his own and has also been given one worn by his Uncle Colin back in the day), Shirts, Kilts & Ties; Casual Shirts, Kilts; Doc Marten Shoes; Protective Gloves, Pointed Hat, Winter Cloak
Food: Owl treats, cat treats, packet of cheese, emergency chocolate
Jokes And Hoaxes: (none)
Broom: Silver Arrow
Books: Prayers for Young Wizards, This Book of Sovereign Medicines, Almanack
Other: Sneakoscope, Fake Permission Slip, Rememberall, Wand, Magical Candle, 8 String Fiddle, Satchel, Sketch Books, Trinket Box, Charmed Perpetual Lunar Calendar
COLLECTION
Colin loves to explore! Not just around the school, but the grounds and locations away from Hogwarts as well. Part of being an intrepid explorer naturally means finding things of interest as well! These things could be nothing more than interesting pebbles or shells, or even curious articles long lost by some student long ago!
ITEM

A curious old book with Colin's name on it!

DESCRIPTION

Discovered during a recent off license duel, the ancient codex consists of folded sheets of parchment that have been sewn together. It appears to be quite old! --- The question is, why is Colin's name written on it?

ITEM

A plain silver bracelet!

DESCRIPTION

It's about four inches in diameter and has an opening with small knobs of silver at the ends. It's a little big for Colin's wrist right now, so it'll reside in his trinket box.

DETENTIONS
New Room Decoration
Date: June 2022
Post requirement/word requirement:
Why it was given: no good reason, though Colin knows deep down it was for swimming in the lake! What you had to do: Make a poster presentation about rule breaking!!
Who gave it: Prefect Samantha Salwis Who you served it with: Quinn Root
Code by: Quinn Root
Last edited by Colin McCoire on 10 Oct 2022, 22:57, edited 1 time in total.

4 Aug 2022, 16:34
LETTERS
YEAR ONE
(Sept 2021) First Letter Home
(Oct 2021) Second Letter Home
YEAR TWO
(var.) Time for Me, Letters from Bailey
(6 Aug) Letter From Kim!
(2 Sept) Nothing Fancy, from Fyre Angel!
(20 Sept) Sorry, from Clair! <3
(24 Sept) One vs One Duelling Club
(5 Dec) The True Meaning of Christmas
(25 Dec) Christmas 2022
(16 Jan) Have I Got News for You!
YEAR THREE
YEAR FOUR
YEAR FIVE
YEAR SIX
YEAR SEVEN

Last edited by Colin McCoire on 6 Apr 2023, 21:42, edited 17 times in total.

28 Aug 2022, 17:45
SOLOS
BEFORE HOGWARTS
(5 June 2020) Band of Boys
YEAR ONE
YEAR FOUR
YEAR FIVE
YEAR SIX
YEAR SEVEN

Last edited by Colin McCoire on 19 Jan 2024, 20:25, edited 12 times in total.

13 Jan 2023, 20:30
FACECLAIM

Last edited by Colin McCoire on 31 Oct 2023, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.

18 Feb 2023, 17:03
COLIN

Almost everyone in Hogwarts either knows Colin or at least knows of Colin. He seems to be everywhere and seems to get into everything. It’s rumoured that he’s had crushes on half the school’s female population and has been or is being crushed on by the other half. It’s been said that he’ll snog anyone who cares to play spin the bottle (or any other game that will lead to a sweet kiss)! He has a reputation as a bit of a prankster and a troublemaker and a rule breaker. He’s also got a reputation for getting himself into some pretty dark things as well. Illegal potions and murder plots.

He is known for being madly in love with a girl he calls Eyes of Sky --- Clair Fernandez!

He’s not quite as well known for having saved a girl’s life. He’s not known for being focused. He’s not known for being studious.

He is not known for being a Werewolf, but he is one. A few friends know; probably a dozen people suspect with good reason. For anyone who cares to know, here is a little bit of background on Colin. How he came to be a Werewolf, who has been trying to kill him, what actually happened to Liam, how this part of Colin’s story progresses and comes to an end.

Colin's Story

Colin’s overarching story is that of the part his family has played in wizarding history during the last century or so — essentially from the pre-Grindelwald era, through that crisis and on into the First & Second Wizarding Wars and now into the period of war’s aftermath. Colin now finds himself in the midst of an act of revenge. His father, Lewis Liam, and uncle, also named Colin (after whom our Colin is named) fought in the second Wizarding War, doing their bit to make sure Mr Potter would be successful in putting an end to Riddle. During the Battle of Hogwarts they and their friends distinguished themselves by killing or neutralising several dark wizards. Coming forward in time, at least one of these families has gone far enough to seek revenge by means of attacking the warrior’s children.

This gang of friends includes the elder Colin and Liam along with Colin’s girlfriend Indigo Cearrbhach, whom he married on the eve of the battle, and several friends, most notably Aidan MacMillan all of whom were seventh years; for the dark, we have three dark wizards involved, Gareth Gormbe, Lilith Gargoule and Albert Auchincloss.

Of these three, Gareth and Lilith were killed, but we’re most interested in Albert Auchincloss. His curse was blocked from hitting Potter by the elder Colin who took that curse for him and died. Auchincloss was disarmed and his wand splintered by Indigo. Enraged by this indignity, he didn't realise that he was being attacked by the boys and he was thrown down the stairs into the entry hall by them. From there he eventually made his way outside and ordered a girl to go fetch his wand. This may have been his daughter Agatha, known to the gang as Haggy Aggy. She got the wand from Indigo, along with numerous threats and curses and returned it. The wand never worked thereafter, and Albert fell into a deep despair, roundly accusing Indigo of casting a dark curse on him.

After the war and subsequent investigations, trials and judicial punishments Albert and his colleagues received, his daughter Aggy had to endure not only her family’s misfortune, but also the hatred and disdain of the student body, as she would have been a fourth or fifth year at the time. After her father died, from his own bitterness and the shame of having failed to kill Potter, Agatha came to bear an infernal grudge against the McCoires. The elder Colin having died, and Indigo being far too terrifying, she focused on the elder Liam — our Colin and Liam’s father for her vengeance.

Tales of these deeds have, of course, come down to the early 21st century through written accounts of family histories and also through several lines of oral history. Like many high or noble families, the McCoires keep records and histories. Not only genealogical records, but also narrative histories that record events that took place and the deeds and actions of family members. The names and deeds of most, if not all, of Colin’s ancestors’ foes and how messily or entertainingly they died are readily available. Colin and his siblings have read those histories in the books his family maintains, and they have also heard plenty of stories as well!

Agatha Auchincloss

Agatha’s part in the story thus far is largely that of the plotter. She plans and conceives schemes in the darkness. She lets other do her bidding whenever possible.

One might reasonably ask why would a dark wizard, or his kin, want to attack and kill our Colin, an eleven or twelve year old boy. Her philosophy is essentially that revenge is truly a dish best served cold. Corpse cold. And that the corpse in question ought to be someone close to the elder Liam. Therefore, let us plumb the abyssal depths of human depravity! The answer is made by considering this question: which revenge is sweeter, the one that snuffs your enemy in an instant, or the one that causes your enemy pain and suffering every day for the rest of his life? Essentially, it comes down to hurting the father by killing the son.

It might be noted that she shares certain personality traits and deformations with a certain Tom Riddle. They both tormented other children and both gravitated towards the wickeder aspects of dark magic. We must also note that she does not share in his magical prowess. Unlike his aptitude for wanton and widespread killing and mayhem through extremely powerful magic, Agatha’s capacities for effecting evil are small and mean. Unlike a wild creature or a so-called monster that can not control its behaviour rationally; Agatha is the true monster, for she chooses to inflict pain & suffering, and revels in doing so in the most cruel and bizarre ways possible.

Her line of thought would be something like you want to make a statement to someone you hate? The best way to do that is to kill someone they love! And even better, have someone else do it so your own hands remain clean. Essentially: "you killed my father; now I am killing your son." Cold revenge — corpse cold revenge.

Revenge: A Dish Best Served Corpse Cold

The desire for revenge does weird things to people. Sometimes they fold in on themselves, like a collapsing water bottle when you suck everything out of it. The person disappears and all that’s left is the revenge. That is the story of Agatha Auchincloss, the young girl who grew up to inherit her father’s penchant for the dark side of magic and also the vendetta against the McCoires.

Agatha Auchincloss, is a rather distant relative of the McCoires. Her family are not utter strangers to McCoire House, as that place has played host to many families’ weddings, holidays, and other celebrations over the centuries. People come and go, sometimes to visit, sometimes to live for a time. She is not what we would term anything like normal, however. She’s the sort of child who would practice her spells on insects, birds, and other small animals. Possibly even a classmate’s pet. She was the sort of child who would smile to see a small animal squirm. She relished the power of magic and enjoyed the process of observing as something wrothe and suffered at the wrong end of her wand. As she grew older, her experiments quite naturally evolved to the higher form of animal life known as the first year student.

Agatha goes well beyond the merely dark, however. She is very likely psychopathic and is certainly narcissistic and harbours an excessive amount of hatred for those she perceives as having caused her family’s downfall. Much of her early training in dark philosophy and the encouragement of evil came from the mind and hands of her father, Albert. Unable to effect his own revenge upon the McCoire family, this goal fell to the daughter.

Over the course of the last ten or fifteen years, she has sought always for ways to hurt the elder Liam, Colin’s father. Mostly very petty things in the beginning. Back then, she’d try her hand at broom hexing, rumour mongering in the press, attempts to agitate disgruntled parties against his position as clan chief or even make his wife Isobel’s work with the Ministry difficult.

As time passed, her need for vengeance grew; and as the McCoires’ ability to protect themselves evolved and grew stronger, she came to realise that her plans to attack the elder Liam personally were most likely doomed to failure. He was simply the better wizard by nature and aptitude and training. It would have been around 2018 or 2019 that she determined to go after the eldest son, Colin. Her plan was simple: kill Colin. Her choice of means: an agonising death being mauled by a werewolf. Her chosen date: full Moon of August 2021, shortly before “the brat”, as she terms Colin, was due to leave to school.

To this end she hired a veritable slug of a man, Seamus Macsen McCoire, as hit man. Universally known by his middle name, and called such by everyone except Agatha, Macsen was every bit as petty as Agatha, but nowhere near as evil or corrupt, Macsen was a small time criminal and con man. Rumour has it that his criminal activities crossed the border into Muggledom. In and out of muggle jails and Azkaban a couple times, Mac knew the system and had become somewhat adept at beating it. His associates include some dubious characters including Felix and Frances Falsgrove with circus connexions; and also some ‘friends’ within the werewolf community, notably Arthur Argyle and the brothers Marcus and Matthias Manksbridge.

That first attack, in August 2021, was the toothwork of Matthias Manksbridge. Neither Manksbridge brother attended school that anyone is aware of. One might imagine that they were “homeschooled”. Can’t imagine they learned much. They certainly didn’t learn that killing young boys is a Bad Thing. Eating them is even worse! Matthias at the time was probably sixteen or seventeen. Although Agatha did not provide much of a detailed plan, Macsen McCoire tried to fill in the blanks as best he could.

His plan was to entice young Matthias to “do a quick job”. Once engaged, he easily overpowered the younger wizard, secured his wand, stripped him and put him in a smallish cage. Having observed the kids and scoped out likely places where Colin would go to play or hang out, he determined that the most likely spot would be the old stone cottage, which stood a reasonable distance away from the castle grounds. Close enough that he would likely go there; far enough that no meddlesome parents or other household members would be loitering nearby.

His plan went perfectly: the Moon rose full; Matthias transformed; the kids came up to play around the cottage and to watch the Sun set. All Macsen had to do was position the cage, get away to a safe distance, unmuffle the poor wolf and open the door. Matthias simply had to follow his nose to find the delectable young Colin McCoire. And that is sort of where the perfection of the plan fell to bits. What neither Macsen nor Matthias planned on, however, was the fighting spirit of the young McCoire! Nor that there were three present. Poor Matthias got the rotten luck that August night, for Colin stood in between the wolf and his siblings. He fought the wolf, and paid for it by being bitten and scratched, not just small wounds, but deep punctures, rending of skin and flesh. Yet he fought on and his siblings did too.

Sticks and stones certainly broke that wolf’s bones! Or at least his maxilla! They whacked him with a fairly hefty rock which sufficiently cracked his upper jaw that they knocked out one of his fangs, the upper right, which Colin wears proudly to this day on a cord around his neck. They didn’t kill the wolf, but they did find a piece of evidence nearby — the letter --- which we’ll examine in detail later. This Macsen had planted near the site of the attack, presuming that his plan would be successful and it would be found near Colin's mauled, and more importantly dead, body.

Revenge Part Deux: When All Else Fails, Try the Same Plan All Over Again

Colin, however, did not play along with Agatha’s game! He did not in fact die in August of 2021 as she had desired. Revenge delayed.

And this brings us to the summer of 2022. Colin had stayed home over the summer; his older sister got married; there was a brief run-in with a werewolf in July, though no one was hurt; but there was a rather larger and more concerted effort in August. Agatha’s plans for the August attack grew out of her frustration of the year before. A mere eleven year old had thwarted her! Her henchman had bungled it! Remember that narcissists never ever blame themselves. She couldn’t dispense with him, but she did decide that werewolves were still the way to go. To that end, she got herself all gussied up for a wedding!

Yes, Agatha Auchincloss went to the McCoire wedding. They were family, after all! For his part, Macsen McCoire was also there, and so was Matthias Manksbridge, odd manner, slightly sunken face an all! Agatha was there to scheme; Macsen was there to spy. Matthias, most likely, was there for some hey nonny noe. With extra nonny. With so many relations, friends, assorted purebloods and Ministry folks in attendance, their scheming went by quite unnoticed. Though their presence was not unnoticed by a young seer as we shall see presently.

The full Moon of August 2022 was the date for the revised plan; Colin was still in the plan; werewolves were still in the plan. However, Agatha’s plan grew with her ire and frustration! Not only would Colin be her target, but so would Liam. She smiled wickedly, for she had concocted, laid and hatched an even more vile plan: what’s better revenge than killing one boy, but turning the twins, leaving the McCoires to grieve two werewolf sons in the family! O McCoire! Agatha shall, from hell’s heart, stab at thee!

The Skirmish at the Stone Cottage

On the night of the full Moon in August of 2022, Colin was in the old stone cottage a little way away from McCoire House. This is the place where Colin stayed during the full Moon, while at home. Colin doesn't know this yet, but the cottage had been used for the purpose of --- containing --- family werewolves over the years, before the invention of wolfsbane potion. On that particular night, Liam desperately wanted to go out and with him, wanting to be close to or with Colin during his transformation. His plan was simple. He thought "Wicked! My brother's gonna turn into a werewolf tonight! I'm sooooo going out to watch!" Naturally, he was cooped up in the boys’ bedroom with his younger brothers Argus and Angus and they were whinging about his plan to get out. Reckless, some might say, but there is no denying that the McCoire twins are fearless boys. Whether it's swimming in the lake, strolling through Hogsmeade, racing each other, trying to outdo each other in any number of sporting or academic activities, they can be described positively as fearless or negatively as reckless. And on this night, we find Liam wearing his kilt sorting out the window lock.

And then his plan is changed by a call from below!

In August, Macsen assembled his crew. This time, he brought along his two associates, Felix and Frances Falsgrove, who as has been mentioned have circus connexions and are quite used to handling dangerous magical creatures. It was from them that he had borrowed the cage last year. This year, they did one better and brought a proper cart with a larger cage. Reason being, they were bringing two wolves along! Arthur Argyle, Marcus Manksbridge, and Arthur’s mate Larry Lackshanks. Arthur was big and powerful, but not too bright as a wizard. His friends at school were fond of saying that Arthur could easily cast lumos if you held his wand for him and said the incation. In reality, he does have a pretty mean arsenal of stout fighting hexes at his command. Larry, contrary to his name, is quite tall, and he has a rather large wand. It’s got a knob on the end to remind him which way to point it. He too has a strong command of heavy handed fighting spells and useful burgling charms. Neither one are particularly quick on the uptake. Marcus, as we know, is Matthias’s older brother and he was probably nineteen or twenty at the time of the recent attack.

Macsen’s plan was essentially the same: hire a couple werewolves for a “job”, bring them to the appointed place on the day of the full Moon and bind them. Secure their wands and tuck the lads into the cage. When the time came, they would transform and be released in the vicinity of the stone cottage. As before, the henchmen would get well clear before opening the gate that would release the hounds. Safety first on every job site in Britain, right?

The only problem for Macsen to solve, reasoning that Liam’s parents would keep him safe inside on a wolfy night, would be how to get Liam away from the castle and out into the open where he too could be killed. This would be a little trickier to coordinate! Macsen, having had a chance to observe the McCoire kids, noticed a particularly strong reckless streak in the boys and decided to play on that.

He decided to use Felix and Frances’s particular talents — costumery, mimicry, metamorphmagery — to pose as imposters! Their role was to wait under the windows of the boys’ bedroom for the signal, the howling of wolves!, to entice Liam to leave his room and see to Colin, as there was clearly an attack underway! Little did they know that Liam already had plans of his own! He was nearly out of the window, sneaking out to go see and be with Colin in his wolf shape! It didn’t take much convincing at all to get him climbing out the window, over the protestations and whinging of his younger brothers, Angus and Argus.

Liam didn’t put much thought into where his “parents” had come from or where they had gone to, reckoning that they would most likely head towards the source of the howling. For Liam’s part, he simply took off towards the stone cottage where his brother was. Probably made eager and anxious by all the howling outside! By this time, other members of the household had heard the howls and the ruckus below the bedroom window. The family’s Elves would also have been on the alert. Colin’s dad, being clan chief, had as his first duty to head out, wands in hand, to assess and face the threat. Colin’s mom checked first on little Ciarán, and finding her safe would have headed towards the boys’ room. Upon finding an open window and only two boys in their beds, she secured the window and rushed off to find Liam.

While Felix and Frances were working their magic, Macsen undid the locks on the door to the old stone cottage. Timing was important as he needed to wait for Liam to come into view, but had to open the gates for his own werewolves to be set free and still get away to the rendezvous point to meet with Felix and Frances from which they could observe, and if necessary perform any clean-up operations.

What Macsen did not plan on was the waywardness of werewolves. Arthur, pissed at being caged up with little pay for this barmy “job” decided that the original target wasn’t juicy enough, so he headed in search of Macsen! Marcus followed along hesitantly, but as soon as he heard Liam calling for Colin and caught scent of the young werewolf bolting from the cottage, he yelped to get Arthur’s attention. Though still small, Colin was full of fight and Liam came with his wand blazing!

One other thing that Macsen seriously underestimated was the response of the McCoires themselves! Hoping for a relatively quiet operation, what he got was Liam Sr, his eldest daughter Moira, and about two dozen members of the family and household rushing in their direction! Macsen’s plan was now crumbling! The werewolves had turned back towards the boys, but were now far to close to the portkey that was supposed to transport himself and his associates (minus their werewolf pawns) back to Agatha Alstein’s house. Liam made straight for the closer wolf, Marcus, and Colin charged in to join the attack and defend his brother.

During their fight, Liam was injured by Marcus, bitten and scratched. Marcus rolled over Liam and headed for Colin, the one who had defanged his little brother! Arthur charged Macsen first, then, upon hearing the commotion of battle, turned to counter the massed wizards. In the middle of all this were Liam and the portkey! Macsen and his cronies had no choice but to fight their way out! And this they did! Three against twelve or so are not good odds, even for scrappy and street smart wizards like Macsen, Felix and Frances! And in all the confusion, an injured Liam began limping the wrong way!

In the end, Moira, Colin’s older sister, killed Marcus; his dad killed Arthur. Two werewolves dead. A householder killed Frances. It was all Macsen and Felix could do to fight their way to the portkey, and in the darkness, no one at all knew that Liam stumbled upon it at the exact same moment that Macsen and Felix grabbed it!

And in an instant, the Skirmish at the Stone Cottage was done. Colin sniffed around for Liam and found where the portkey had sat, where the trail abruptly ended, but he couldn’t say anything! He found only Liam’s wand. As Colin’s mother got to the battle site, having looked everywhere for Liam, at last found Colin out of the cottage. Still in his wolf shape, he had no choice but wait all the hours of his transformation until the Moon waned sufficiently to allow him to turn back into his boy shape.

Alone, and in the old stone cottage. Alone with his twin’s wand.

The McCoires learned soon enough of the heart wrenching news! Liam was missing! He was presumed to be somewhere nearby, but their first search turned up neither Liam nor his wand near the battle site. They naturally searched the castle and questioned the younger children. Ciarán of course knew nothing. Argus and Angus were terribly eager to snitch on their older brother and his cunning plan to go out and be with Colin. A more thorough search would have to wait until the next day or thereafter so that Colin could be questioned as well.

The Best Laid Plans of Snakes and Men

Having arrived back at the ruin that was once Auchincloss Manor, Macsen had quite the tale to tell his employer! And quite the spin job to fabricate to try and deflect as much blame as possible from himself. Fortunately, Macsen had two aces of wands up his sleeve! Both werewolves were dead. And while it was a shame they could be identified, at least they couldn’t be connected to either Macsen or Agatha. And he had a certain brat in his possession — one Liam McCoire!

Agatha was quite displeased with how badly the attack plan was bungled. It was supposed to be two werewolves against two 12 year old boys! How difficult could that possibly be she railed! Well, at least one of them was turned, though falling ill from his injuries.

Agatha brooded. Like an enraged spider deprived of her prey.

Why Macsen brought the brat here, she thought, was beyond comprehension! That one of his henchmen died only proved his incompetence! There werewolves were expendable and certainly couldn’t be traced to herself. The only problem was the henchman that died. Agatha never bothered to discover her name. The only thing that was important was preventing the corpse from being identified. That would mean uncomfortable Ministerial attention to McCoire lands. Her only hope was to rely on The McCoire being sufficiently parochial and proud to try and keep it hush hush. At least until she could devise a plan to cover her bumbling hit man’s tracks!

Her mind churned until the wee hours. And then she had it! A plan that would surely snatch the snitch of vengeful victory for her own sweet self! Agatha determined that the McCoire brat could be useful. Perhaps as a pawn to be haggled over? Perhaps as part of a much more heinous plan to wound the McCoire family? There was time to consider the brat’s fate later. In any event, he was easy enough to heal and to contain. Wandless, he posed no threat. He just had to be hidden. And that left only the foolish associate of Macsen’s who went and got herself killed that had to be dealt with. And she knew exactly what to do.

Letters needed to be written and the services of certain — contacts — of her own needed to be engaged. Owls flew. Fire calls were made. Macsen and Felix were sent to London, to find a street urchin of about 12 years of age with pale blond hair and bring him back to be transformed into a reasonable looking Liam McCoire corpse. Agatha’s lips twitched as they set off. This was going to hurt the McCoires so badly! Imagine! One brat probably turned into a werewolf and the other brat dead! Delicious. Not quite to her original plan, she reminded herself. Yes, that was irksome! But plans had to change, and there wasn’t much time to spend decades doing it!

A fire call was made to a staff healer that owed Agatha favours. Soon, she said, you will find a pale blond haired boy in the doorway of St. Mungos. He will be dead by the time you find him. His clothing will identify him. Simply keep him on ice until his parents come to collect him. They have been notified. If anyone asks questions, you know what to do. Agatha steepled her fingers. This plan was becoming more delicious in her mind! She was going to send the McCoires down to London to get their lost boy! Her derisive sneer broadened at the thought of what they would really be getting!

An owl flew to McCoire House, bearing, most curiously, a letter from St. Mungos Hospital! Agatha had cackled madly as she wrote it! It was brilliant in its simplicity and in what it implied. The joke is on you, Liam McCoire! It told of how a boy whose name was Liam McCoire, identified by the tag in his kilt, was found in the doorway. They were instructed to come to London — to retrieve him. Magnificient!

Meanwhile, Macsen and Felix were sent back to London, with a dead English street urchin who looked remarkably like a dead Liam McCoire. Once they dropped him off, their instructions were to observe Ollivanders, should any of the McCoires pay a visit in the next few days to have a certain unknown wand identified.

The McCoires did indeed go down to London. Colin had already been scheduled to fly in the broom races at the London Quidditch Stadium, so he would go with his seanmamó and stay in her place in wizarding London. Assuming that Liam had somehow gotten tangled up with the attackers, the McCoires expected to find him in a hospital bed and perhaps get him out in time to go and watch the broom race!

They were met in the hospital by a most gracious staffer, eager to help them in their time of grief and woe. They were directed down to the morgue, which was cleared, and there they discovered that Liam would not be going to watch the race after all. Records, falsified but two days previous, were produced showing what the poor lad had suffered and died from. Horrible injuries were described. Werewolf attacks. Injuries consistent with splinching. How the lad ended up in London was a mystery, but we’ve done our best to make him presentable for your trip back to Scotland!

And that is what the grieving parents did. They took their son back to Scotland and buried him in the soil near the chapel beyond the old stone cottage. Colin raced his broom and had some adventures in muggle London with a friend, knowing that his brother was in the hospital. And he went home to find grief beyond measure.

The Letter

We have seen reference made to a mysterious letter, in connexion with the original attack on Colin. It is reproduced and transcribed below. This letter was part of Agatha’s initial plan, back in 2021. It is essentially a nasty tease. Its content is an order for a hit on the elder McCoire twin, Colin. It references the place, time and manner that the kill is to take place. It references the victim by the colour of his hair — black. We’ve seen how the attack was planned and orchestrated and carried out.

The detail of Colin’s hair colour might seem odd since both Colin and Liam have pale blond hair. At that point in time, Agatha had only heard bits and scraps of information coming through the grape vine. Liam had long since manifested his magic, but the family, and indeed the clan, waited on word to declare whether the elder twin would be a wizard or a squib. Word finally came to Agatha! A somewhat garbled account of the boy’s hair being turned jet black. Odd, people said, just like his sainted uncle. Just like the man who in all the world Agatha hated the most. Black haired Colin McCoire, who dared fight against her father and whose intimidating bitch of a girlfriend had cursed him to death.

The letter was intended to torture the elder McCoire, and also provide him a private clue as who his tormentor was! Agatha instructed Macsen to leave it in the vicinity of the attack, so that it might be found near Colin’s dead body.

Reducio
McCoire Castle ---

That's the place. Find the black haired boy & kill him. Eat him if you desire. He is marked and must not survive.

S______ make sure those idiotic Wolves of yours get the right brat. Even they should be able to smell the difference between black hair and blond hair.

And don't forget. They must do it before he gets to Hogwarts. No point in even trying once he's there.

A.A.

The main problem with Agatha’s plan was that Colin didn’t die and it was Colin himself and his brother Liam and sister Ciarán who found it! Perhaps it was an expression of the McCoire condition — a certain disregard for rules and a certain penchant for recklessness or even foolishness — fuelled by an adrenaline rush, the trio decided that it would a spanking brilliant idea to figure out who “S______” and “A. A.” were. And to that end, they kept the letter secret. Colin took possession, and would try to decipher it with Liam at school. Ciarán’s part was to try and find out anything she could in the library at home.

Bloody brilliant!

Colin still has the letter in his possession and Colin has not yet given it to his parents. For quite a while, though, Colin had, in a sense, quite forgotten about it. It might be better to say that the letter had been put on a back burner what with more important considerations taking up his focus. Hogwarts was a safe place for him, so the feeling of any impending reprisal or doom falling on his head quickly disappeared. He was making friends and getting into mischief at school. He had classes and eventually his first crush! The letter nagged at the back of his mind from time to time, but didn’t really become important until the summer after his first year.

It really surfaced to his consciousness after Liam died, Colin felt even more that it was his fraternal duty to solve the mystery and perhaps connect his own attack with the one that took Liam from him. As the year passed from Michaelmas to All Souls turned and onwards into Christmas and Candlemas, thoughts of how to solve the mystery came to the fore again.

There are enough pieces of the puzzle that Colin and his friends can make sense of much of it:

- he has discovered several names in an old journal that fit the “A. A.” pattern.
- Ciarán has found a couple of curious anecdotes that narrow the names down and involve a locket or a cameo pendant wearing witch
- a seer friend of Colin’s, AngelFyre, will discover the line that links the letter, the anecdote, the locket, and the very witch that she saw wearing the locket during the family wedding in 2022

Oh! And then there's Clair!

Clair has a curious power over Colin. She is only dimly aware of this and what it might portend for the future, but for now, it is her keen sense of logic and common sense, coupled with AngelFyre’s wisdom welded together by their love for Colin that will get him to give up on trying to do this foolhardy thing all by himself.

The Ministry

One might wonder where the Ministry is in all of this. Although their part is relatively tangential as of yet, the very fact that Colin’s mother is involved at every stage means that the Ministry is, in some way, involved. She is a liaison official for the Highlands Region. She has an office in London, which she rarely visits. Mostly she works from an office in McCoire House. As a liaison official, her job is technically hear the concerns of local residents and councils and interface with the Ministry at London.

Realistically, her job largely involves listening to one bunch of wizards whine that the Ministry aren’t doing anything to help folks out here in the North, while the next bunch complain that Ministry have their fingers in everything but granny’s cookie tin, and it’s just a matter of time until the Minister himself discovers that granny has a cookie tin to stick his fingers in.

Colin has heard a number of complaints about werewolves over the course of his pre-Hogwarts days. Sometimes he would settle himself in the library with a good book and pretend to read while Aimish MacAimish complained that werewolves had eaten his goats and all the gnomes in Mrs MacAimish’s garden. Colin could barely contain his sniggering as Mr MacAimish confided that he really didn't give a fiddler's fart for the gnomes, but Mrs McAimish insisted that he make mention. After a while, Colin came to recognise the pattern: werewolves were a kind of wizard that most wizarding folk felt they could do without. At worst, they were monsters stalking the night, seeking to snatch children from their cradles and devour them in the finest Grimmish fashion; while at best they were a nuisance, howling and yowling at all hours.

Almost everyone seemed to agree on two things: first, that the Ministry ought to mind its own business; and two, that the Ministry’s own business ought to be properly dealing with werewolves. If mention of Hogwarts taking in werewolves was ever made, you could be sure that was met with howls of indignation from wizards of every class and locale! Such talk was almost always responded to by his mother with a sympathetic ear and some strong rhetoric that boiled down to yes the Minister needs to take these monsters more seriously, pack them off to Azkaban, slay the lot, whatever it takes to clear the Highlands of the menace. This of course didn’t bother 9 or 10 year old Colin a bit. He knew only that his mother was trying to make the country safe. He wasn’t a wolf at that point and had never met one. In fact, he often fantasised about fighting against the Liche King and his hordes of Werewolfian minions!

But the Ministry became involved shortly after Colin was turned. Colin came to fear his mother greatly after he was turned. All those memories of her talks with Mr MacAimish came flooding into his mind so strongly that he chose to remain at Hogwarts for Christmas and Easter of his first year. What didn’t know for some while was that his mother had to talk like that to constituents who took a hard line on werewolves but that the very instant she learned Colin was turned, she became his strongest advocate.

His mother knew well enough that Colin’s father wasn’t keen on the Ministry in general and that as clan chief he had other voices seeking to be heard regarding werewolves and the Ministry. And many of the voices he had to listen to were coming from wizards who were not afraid to slice a werewolf in half as soon as throw a stick at one. They didn’t care about wolfsbane potion or the Ministry’s position on werewolves in society; they knew only that for a thousand years werewolves had reft and riven leaving woe and grief in their wake.

She had to protect her son at any cost. If that meant moving to Canada or London, that’s what she would do; if that meant keeping him secret from the Ministry and the press, then she would do that. She chose the middle way. She had plenty of contacts in the Ministry, a number of them good friends. She asked around and invited a couple up to the house for a nice weekend. Nothing unusual. They would go for walks, and perhaps visit the grounds around the old stone cottage. Unfortunately, they could find no evidence of the attack. Whoever the werewolf was, he was gone. Keep an eye out. He probably won’t go far. And the matter lay. If she had the letter, she could have solved the mystery.

In the summer of 2022, the matter was taken up again. This time there were two dead wolves and a dead woman. Ministry friends were called. How about a lovely holiday in the Highlands? The werewolves were a mess, not identifiable. Powerful curses really rip into a body. The dead woman’s hand still held a wand. She had various personal effects in her pockets. There was a curious looking waggon with an animal cage on it and a horse patiently grazing. How odd! The evidence mounted.

Ministry friends took the woman’s wand to Ollivander’s. Right under Macsen’s nose. He wasn’t expecting Ministry back channels to be on the case. Ollivander knows every wand he’s ever made. This one was made in 1977 and in 1983 it chose young metamorphmagus Frances Falsgrove. School records note that after she sat her OWLs, she left and disappeared. Joined a circus with her brother was one rumour they heard. Left for the States with some foppish American said another.

The waggon was discovered to be a circus waggon. It was eventually claimed by a small circus that was travelling in the North and came up missing in 2020 or so. Assumed stolen by Gypsies or a rival band of travellers. The horse wasn’t theirs, but the circus took it in anyway. No one had ever heard of either Frances or Felix Falsgrove.

Out of an abundance of caution, Colin’s mother wrote to him to say that he should stay at school and would not be allowed to go gallivanting off to Cumbria to visit Clair’s family. Too many things were still unknown and she deemed it unsafe for him to travel. If she had the letter, she could have solved the mystery.

A Note on Evidence

The letter is the key to the whole mystery. As intended, as a sort of taunting calling card left by the assassin, if Colin’s father had gotten it, he would have known who the message came from. Or pretty close, anyway. He likely would have assumed it came from Albert Auchincloss. He probably would have taken it on himself to go and visit the old bastard personally. This, yet another example of the McCoire condition, would have played into Agatha’s hand. Not knowing that old Mr Auchincloss was dead and not knowing that Agatha was the real mastermind behind the plot, he would have walked right into her trap.

Vengeance complete, the highly narcissistic Agatha Auchincloss might at last have been satisfied, having exercised her power and control over the victim of her madness. The evidence she left behind was all part of the plan.

And that evidence shall yet come back to bite her on the ankle! Something that heinous can not long rest. Colin and AngelFyre both came in contact with Agatha briefly at the wedding last summer. AngelFyre, when she at last touches the damning letter, will be able to put the correct name to the mysterious clue: A. A. She and Clair will team up to convince Colin to send the letter home.

Characters and Timeline

Colin’s dad is Lewis Liam and his twin brother is Colin. Obviously, our Colin and Liam are named after this pair. Of note, Uncle Colin’s widow, Aunt Indigo, played an integral role in the historical events described and is not immune from the mad revenge of the plotter.

The Plotter — Agatha Auchincloss — this person is the child of dark wizards who fought as allies of Tom Riddle during the Second Wizarding War. Known to be a Slytherin of unsound mind, this person, embittered by stories of her parents’ discomfiture, downfall, and dissolution of wealth and property, has undertaken a mad Plan of Revenge. It is likely that other families once allied to Riddle are either associated or involved. Agatha is, however, the principle. It is known that she desires to victimise several of the persons who were involved in cursing her father.

The Hit Man — Macsen McCoire — this person is a largely unknown character. His sole role is to orchestrate the hit against Colin, to ensure that Agatha’s plan unfolds as it should. His role is to gather his associates and werewolves, to lead and direct their activities, and to participate as needed. He’s in it for the money.

The Henchmen — Felix and Frances Falsgrove — these persons are also largely unknown characters. Very likely they are dark wizards in it for the money. Their role is to carry out any planned attacks and to get the job done, whatever the job is.

The Werewolves — Arthur Argyle and the brothers Marcus and Matthias Manksbridge — these persons, bar one, are unknown characters. For the most part, these are poor sods who live along the very fringes of wizarding society. Reviled, distrusted, discriminated against, they eke out a hard scrabble life in the hinterlands. It is unclear if they take wolfsbane regularly, though for these jobs, it is important that they do. They prefer to hide out far away from society. They have their uses, and Macsen puts them to use. Offer them some money for an ‘odd job’ and they’d likely be hooked.

The Werewolf — Matthias Manksbridge — he is the Wolf that attacked Colin before first year and is a known quantity. He is a young man, perhaps late teens and thus a recent graduate of some wizarding school (if he went to school at all). He is in fact a member of clan McCoire and was in fact present at Moira’s wedding last summer. Colin has a gut feeling about the young man, which he will discuss with his friends. He is not ripe for it yet, but Colin will confront him in the future.

1998: Colin & Liam's dad, their uncle, their aunt and several associates participate in the Battle of Hogwarts. Apart from doing their bit for queen and country, they injure, incapacitate, curse and kill several dark wizards, among whom is Albert Auchincloss. Colin & Liam's uncle dies in battle.

1999-ca 2001: at least one child of at least one of these dark wizards, Agatha Auchincloss, finishes at Hogwarts; knowing that the fighters who cursed & killed her father, barring C&L's uncle who is already dead, are still alive, thriving, and enjoying life, Agatha comes to harbour deep resentment. This child’s life is turned upside down due to her parents’ association with Riddle and the resulting accusations, trials, and punishments they endure.

2001-2021: two decades have passed, but the resentment and hatred have not diminished; on the contrary, evil has taken root in the heart and a wicked desire to extract vengeance on C&L's dad, the principle target of her hatred. She considers and hatches various plots and schemes to get even. Since it is the dad's brother (C&L's uncle) who actually prevented her father from earning glory by slaying Potter, she chooses the next of kin --- C&L's dad — to be her victim.

2005-2015: Over the course of time, Agatha has undertaken various schemes to make life difficult for C&L's dad. Some of these schemes may in fact have been successful; others, perhaps, have failed. I shan't go into details here as they are not germane to Colin's story. These schemes and plots have increased in wickedness over time.

2020 - 2021: Agatha now raises the bar on her path of vengeance. She has decided to shift from hurting C&L's dad directly to hurting him through his children. The first werewolf attack. Here, Agatha introduces her hit man, leaving the details of the operation up to him. The hit man, possibly in an attempt to distance himself from the crime, while maximally benefitting from the payment, chooses to employ a werewolf. This scheme fails to accomplish the goal of killing Colin. Wizard or not, Colin's dad would have been extremely hurt had his son been killed that night. Had Colin died and had the letter been discovered, he would have understood the message clearly: you (and your sainted brother) killed my dad --- I killed your son. Deal with it.

2022: Agatha, discomfited by last year's failure, has decided to pivot. Her depravity deepens and her heart grows ever blacker. Her plans have grown to include Liam, to turn the brothers into werewolves and use that to constantly stab at the McCoires. But of course, Evil is dumb, and the scheme did not work out, so they ended up being routed.

Seeing an opportunity to strike at dad's heart even more cruelly once she has Liam in her possession quite accidentally, Agatha evolves her plan yet again. With Liam in her possession, she contrives to convince the McCoires that he is in fact dead. A muggle boy is charmed to look like Liam sufficiently to convince the family to bury him.

2023: Colin and his friends will figure out the true identity of the plotter. This information, along with the letter, will go to Colin’s dad. Armed with the knowledge that it is Agatha and not Albert who is behind the plot, he will form a posse from among his household and set forth on a grand adventure! They are more than competent to magically hamstring some second rate third rate dark wizard who can't even kill an eleven or twelve year old boy. They will corner the poor wretch in her lair, discover the whereabouts of Liam, get him back home and turn Agatha over to the Ministry.

2023 or 2024: Having been betrayed by Agatha, Macsen and Felix will be on the lam. Felix will be nabbed on the continent, working as a circus hand. Macsen will be found by Colin’s dad and handed over to the Ministry for justice. Most likely after his bollocks have been flipendoed right up into his nose.