Sign in

10 May 2022, 20:21
June Selwyn | Third Year | Slytherin
*:・゚✧*:・゚✧
xxx Image
xxxxxxx
T L ; D R
Reducio
A neatly-pressed uniform, a well-organized satchel filled with notes and study guides, and a broom slung around her shoulder. June has high walls up for nearly everyone, a perfectly curated facade intended to portray intelligence, drive, and perfection. Of course, beneath that lies a girl terrified of her life falling apart, doing her best to grip tightly onto everything she can. Slowly, very slowly, her facade is beginning to crack. She is logical, and looks at the world in terms of patterns rather than experiences. June often feels out of place with a crowd, no matter who she's with, and will often elect for a quiet night in place of a social gathering.
June loves competition and games but detests losing (though she'll placate in the moment), has a natural sense of curiosity but enough sense to keep her our of stupid situations, and will jump on any opportunity to talk about books and novels.
T H E x I N S
Reducio
Positives
● Intelligent
● Level-Headed
● Kind
● Rational
● Well-Spoken
Boggart
Her father forgetting who she is
Enneagram
1w9 SP
xxxxxxxxNegatives
● Self-Preserving
● Stubborn
● Competitive
● Sore Loser
● Insensitive

Patronus
-
Myers-Briggs
INTJ
T H E x O U T S
Reducio
Eyes
Blue, with flecks of grey.
x
Skin
Light, warm ivory skin. Slight dimples when she smiles.
Hair
Bright blonde, with a slight wave to it. Just above shoulder-length, with a part that frames her face.
Stature
152 cm (about 5'), good posture.
xxxxxxx
xxx
Last edited by June Selwyn on 10 Dec 2023, 04:10, edited 31 times in total.

10 May 2022, 20:45
xxx Image
xxxxxxx
xxxH I S T O R Yxxx
Reducio
June Anaïs Selwyn was born to a Phineas and Louise Selwyn in the early hours of the morning of June 23rd in Newcastle, England. Like most pureblood children, June was surrounded by magic from the moment she could open her eyes. Her two parents, both from well-off families themselves, tried to raise June as the perfect child, knowing they didn't want to have any more children after her.

June learned to read very early, so early that her parents have often questioned if it was the cause of magic, the true first sign of their young witch daughter. Her mother, Louise, had always enjoyed teaching, and so began to teach June many things. Arithmetic, writing, English, and French were the subjects that took up June’s days. But it was certainly not all work and no play. Phinehas, her father, wanted his daughter to have a love of the outdoors. And so gardening, swimming lessons, picnics, stargazing and sunburns were also quite common in the Selwyn household.

While they may be pureblood, the Selwyn parents never cared much for appearances. The Beaumont family was a small pureblooded clan in France, focused less on their social status and more on their wealth and assets, and the Selwyn traditions were never fully passed on to Phineas. As the youngest child, Phineas was allowed to roam Europe, discovering new people and places to help inspire his writings (though his parents hoped it would coax him out of that profession instead). It was in these travels where he met Louise Beaumont, and the two fell in love very quickly. While Phineas's parents did have other marriage prospects in mind for their youngest son, they had no objections to the wealthy pure-blooded woman he wished to wed. The two were married within the year.

June grew up happy, but lonely. All of her friendships had been arranged by her parents, and though she got on well with a few of the other children, June's strong and domineering personality would often push potential friends away. Especially since June was not familiar with the concept of "sharing" or "compromise" until well into her childhood (after all, she didn't have any siblings she needed to share or compromise with on a day to day basis). She enjoys reading, being right, dancing, and a good-old fashioned competitive game. She is an only child, who had some friends growing up, but not many. She always felt a little out of place with those she spent time with, often opting for a fantasy novel in place of a play date if she had the choice.

June's 11th birthday, when she received her letter from Hogwarts, stirred up quite a bit of drama in the Selwyn family. Her mother, who had attended Beauxbatons as, pushed for her alma matter, stating how the academics and high performance standards would be a good fit for June. June had received her Abraxan feather earlier in the year inviting her to the school (thankfully it hadn't found its way to Phinehas Selwyn's manuscripts to write on), and since it was the first to arrive, her mother had simply assumed that it was where June would attend. Her father, however, feared the pressure of Beauxbatons would be too much for June, and wanted her to feel more free to explore whatever passions she desired with no expectations. In the end, they let June have the final say. June didn't need much time to think, Hogwarts was the obvious choice for her. Although she loved her family in France, and always enjoyed her time there, the thought of being so physically far from her parents was a bit much for her.

F I R S T x M A G I C
Reducio

The first thing June ever wanted to be was “the boss”. Not necessarily to order others around (though it did sound like fun), but so that people could have fun the way she did. June hasn’t had much experience in the way of compromise. So you can imagine that June was upset when Michaela Marriot refused to play cats with her.

Michaela wanted to play horses, but June was afraid of horses at the time, and so the two (both age 6) began to shout at each other.

“It’s just not fair,” June thought during the shouting match, getting angry. “Michaela isn’t afraid of cats, why should I be expected to change? She’d love playing cats if she only tried! Yes, that’s it, I will make her play cats, then she’ll understand that I’m right.”

And then, pop! Michaela had grown whiskers. The shouting stopped immediately. Michaela reached her hand up to her face, not believing what had happened to her. Michaela began to cry. June began to cry.

“She’s cursed me! Mummy, come here! June cursed me!”

“Mum! Mum, come here! Michaela didn’t want to play with me and then… I didn’t mean to!”

The girls’ mothers ran over, consoling Michaela, returning her to normal, and deciding the play date was over.

F A M I L Y
Reducio
PHINEHAS SELWYN
Father
────────────────
Reducio

Son to Kimberly and Charlie Selwyn. The third of the family, born after brothers Johnathan and Daniel. Both passed before June was born, never having any children of their own.
As the youngest, Phinehas was never meant to be the one with the responsibility of the Selwyn name and estate, and thus the weight of such things were never fully passed onto him. The once-strict purist ideals of the family legacy have died out with the new patriarch of the family, replaced now with nothing but bias and assumptions.
After graduating Hogwarts, an alumnus of Ravenclaw, Phinehas spent two years of his life traveling around Europe (think the wizard equivalent of backpacking), finding inspiration for his first novel and meeting the most interesting people he could find. Interesting people like Louise Beaumont, who he would later go on to marry.
He makes his money as an author, much to the chagrin of his late parents. He's found success writing novels focused on renegade witches and wizards going on adventures. Phinehas is perfectly happy with his life; he feels no need to gather assets, invest, or make alliances with other families. Instead, he spends his time enjoying the friends he has, traveling, writing, and doting on his daughter.
LOUISE BEAUMONT
Mother
────────────────
Reducio

Middle child of 5, all but the oldest are still alive.
Louise Beaumont Selwyn comes from a small pureblooded clan in France. They mostly keep to themselves, focusing less on their social status and more on their wealth and assets. Louise was trained to be an artisan, combining magic with art through painting, song, and dance. Louise's true passion, however, lied in the family tradition of patisserie.
Louise has spent most of her adult life as a mother to June, and has never entered the professional world before. She is currently figuring out what she would like to do beyond assisting caring for the estate.
Louise attended Beauxbatons.
THE SELWYN FAMILY
New Zealanders
────────────────
Reducio

There is still a Selwyn pure-blooded family in England, but it's probably not the first one to come to mind. The Selwyn family hails originally from New Zealand, with deep roots in dragonology focusing on the country's native Antipodean Opaline dragon. However, April 1968 brought Cyclone Giselle, and spelled potential disaster for the Selwyn family. The torrential rain flooded the valleys that the Antipodean Opalines called home, sending them to search for shelter and habitat elsewhere, away from the Selwyn lands. With their family trade quite literally flying away, the Selwyns saw an opportunity to expand their assets in England, collaborating with the much larger Dragon Research and Restraint Bureau of the British Ministry of Magic. It was into this family and profession that Phineas Selwyn was born, the second generation of this Selwyn family to be born in Newcastle, England.
THE BEAUMONT FAMILY
French
────────────────
Reducio

The Beaumonts have only been concerned with two things; wealth and patisserie. They didn't go to many of the socialite functions of pureblooded society, going only to consolidate assets and business deals. These They have their hand in many areas; private banking, art collecting, oenology, and, of course, patisserie. The Beaumont family did, however, engage in these social practices when the time came for one of them to begin courting and seeking a partner in marriage. These were not always arranged, but they always came with a beneficial clause or boon for the family. Notably, the family joined the Blanchared family through the union of June's great-grandaunt, Meline. Opting for exclusive and private trading and business has proven extremely successful for the Beaumonts, who happily enjoy their solitude and vast amounts of wealth. Oh, and their cakes. Of course.
xxxxxxx
xxx
Last edited by June Selwyn on 18 Dec 2023, 00:58, edited 47 times in total.

13 May 2022, 04:34
basics | details | relationships | trunk | threads | library | media | ooc
xxx Image
xxxxxxx
xxxxxF R I E N D Sxxxxx
Reducio
Slytherin
Year Three
June's antithesis that, surpassingly, she gets along very well with. 90% of the time. As different as they are, Maggie is June's best friend, no questions asked.
Hufflepuff
Year Five
He violently jinxed June into the lake, she revealed a very traumatic mistake of his to a group of first years. The Bean forgives everything, and now they're friends. Sort of.
Gryffindor
Year Two
A constant source of comfort, joy, and unexpected wrenches in June's thought process. After revealing his feelings for June in the summer of 2023, things got a bit rocky. Having now made up... What will become of this duo?
Slytherin
Year Two
The first person to comfort June after her mother's continued infidelity was revealed. Someone who understands June's upbringing, her background, the pressure and the expectations. Beneath the natural sense of comparison, there seems to be something more waiting to be discovered...
Slytherin
Year Three
June and Monica's relationship is... Complicated, to say the least. But over time, the two have grown closer. Especially since they've started having semi-regular sleepovers together.
xxx
xxxxxE N E M I E Sxxxxx
Reducio
Gryffindor
Year Five
The most awful, diabolical person June has ever met in her whole life. First he humiliates her on the grounds and LAUGHS at her, and then he crashes her birthday party. If June never sees him again, it'll be too soon.

xA C Q U A I N T A N C E Sx
Reducio

Gryffindor
Year Four
Nicholas is one of the "Eyebatch Pwnies" from this past summer. Surprisingly, June has found herself in situations with him quite often. He seems cool. Very cool. Almost too cool for June.
Hufflepuff
Year Two
June's rescuer from the clutches of the evil broken bathroom stall. A friendly and bubbly girl.
Hufflepuff
Year Two
Summary to be written
Ravenclaw
Year Three
Summary to be written
Slytherin
Year Two
One of Maggie's close friends, who, according to her, "Freaking sucks, girl, seriously. I mean, he’s not that bad, I’m just better, you know? He’s, like, one of my best friends.” He seems nice, and seems to share June's affinity for music.

xxx
xxxxxxxI N A C T I V Exxxxxxx
Reducio
Slytherin
Year Two
FRIEND

June's first friend at Hogwarts. A good companion that she feels comfortable being around even when she wants to isolate (most of the time).
Slytherin
Year Five
FRIEND

Leonard Oaksworth is, from what she's seen, almost everything June wants to be. Classy, respected by peers (except Maggie), well-read and spoken, and has a reputation for being such. She hopes to get to know him better in the coming months and years. Especially now that they are roommates!
Hufflepuff
Year Two
ENEMY

This girl is the most stubborn, the most obnoxious, the most most selfish person June has ever met. Probably. She is nothing like June Selwyn, and that is why they don't get along. Surely that, and not that they're too similar. Absolutely not.
Ravenclaw
Year Two
ACQUANTIANCE

A pleasant (but spacey) Ravenclaw that June enjoys working with in class. She has some peculiar habits, especially when it comes to her skin, but June finds it endearing.
Gryffindor
Year Four
ACQUAINTANCE

One of June Selwyn's childhood friends whom she may have forgot existed. Oh well.
Ravenclaw
Year Two
ACQUAINTANCE

A quiet girl who shares June's passion for books and reading. June doesn't know that much about her yet, but she hopes the two can become good friends.
Ravenclaw
Year Two
ACQUAINTANCE

Another one of June's friends from childhood that she's seemingly forgotten about. Oops.
Slytherin
Year One
ACQUAINTANCE

A sweet but odd Slytherin first-year that was in June's tent this past summer. They seem to get along well with Leonard Oaksworth, which while she would never admit it, June is very jealous of.
Ravenclaw
Year Three
ACQUAINTANCE

Summary to be written
xxxxxxx
xxx
Last edited by June Selwyn on 25 Jan 2024, 00:45, edited 16 times in total.

13 May 2022, 05:55
S T A T S
| STAMINA: 8 | EVASION: 8 | STRENGTH: 6 |
| WISDOM: 8 | ARCANE POWER: 9 | ACCURACY: 8 |

+1 [Broom Racing]
+1 [Quidditch]
A B I L I T I E S
S P E L L S
Reducio
| O N E |

Bubble-Producing Charm • Bullarum Immortalem
Cleaning Charm • Scourgify
Curse of the Bogies • Mucus ad Nauseam
Dancing-Feet Spell • Tarantallegra
Extinguishing Charm • Extinguo
Eyeglass Repair Charm • Oculus Reparo
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio
Four-Point Spell • Point Me
Glass to Sand
Green Sparks Charm • Verdimillious
Knockback Jinx • Flipendo
Levitation Charm • Wingardium Leviosa
Locking Charm • Colloportus
Matchbox Transformation Spell • Flintifors
Matchstick to Needle • Conmutocus
Mending Charm • Reparo
Red Spark Charm • Periculum
Sauce-Making Spell • Condimentum
Smokescreen Spell • Fumos
Snail to Teapot • Choclea Bibe
Sneezing Hex • Steleus
Snowflake-Creating Spell • Nix Facitur
Umbrella Spell • Pluvia Velo
Unlocking Charm • Alohomora
Untransfiguration • Reparifarge
Wand-Extinguishing Charm • Nox
Wand-Lighting Charm • Lumos
Whistle to Watch • Tunc Sibyls

| T W O |

General Counter-Spell • Finite Incantatem
Freezing Charm • Immobulus
Revealing Charm • Revelio
Illegibility Charm • Illegibilus
Slowing Charm • Arresto Momentum
Engorgement Charm • Engorgio
Shrinking Charm • Reducio
Avifors Spell • Avifors
Purple Firecrackers-Conjuration Charm • Violaceous
Color-Changing Charm • Colorvaria
Clothing Color-Changing Charm • Multicorfors
Hair Color-Changing Charm • Crinus Muto
Squiggle Quill Spell • Vermiculafors
Gluing Spell • Epoximise
Hardening Charm • Duro
Blindfolding Spell • Obscuro
Tongue-Tying Spell • Mimblewimble
Disarming Charm • ExpelliarmuS
Bluebell Flames • Caeruleus Inflamarae
Cascading Jinx • Ingens Explosiones
Hot-Air Charm • Aer Calidus
Sun-Light Charm • Lumos Solem
Weather-modifying Charm • Metelojinx
Weather-modifying Countercharm • Meteolojinx Recanto
Weather-modifying Charm Variant • Meteolojinx
Atmospheric Charm • Caelum Muto
Blue Sparks Charm • Caerulimillious
Fire-Making Spell • Incendio Duo
Slug-Vomiting Charm • Slugulus Eructo
Flower-Conjuring Spell • Orchideous
Slippery Jinx • Lubricus
Fiery Script Charm • Flagrate
Stairs-into-Slide Charm • Glisseo
Paper Mending Charm • Papyrus Reparo
Reviving Spell • Rennervate
Hive-conjuring spell • Cutem Uro
Flask-conjuration spell • Potiri Putine

| T H R E E |

Ascension Spell • Alarte Ascendare
Descension Spell • Descendo
Bandaging Charm • Ferula
Summoning Charm • Accio
Banishing Charm • Depulso
Boggart-Banishing Spell • Riddikulus
Full Body-Bind Curse • Petrificus Totalus
Cracker Jinx • Nec Divinos Crepitus
P O T I O N S
Reducio
| O N E |

Antidote to Common Poisons
Antidote to Uncommon Poisons
Babbling Beverage
Bruise Removal Paste
Burn Healing Paste
Confusing Concoction
Cure for Boils
Dizziness Draught
Dogbreath Potion
Forgetfulness Potion
Herbicide Potion
Muffling Draught
Pompion Potion

| T W O |

Drowsiness Draught
Sleeping Draught
Murtlap Essence
Pepperup Potion
Anti-Paralysis-Potion
Black-Fire-Potion
Deflating Draught
Swelling Solution
Calming Draught
Gregory’s Unctuous Unction
Last edited by June Selwyn on 27 Oct 2022, 13:34, edited 78 times in total.

This is the "Game Master" account. Please do not owl this account, unless specified. This account is not moderated actively and therefore, you may not receive a response.

Contact a Head of House or the Headmaster if you need anything.

13 May 2022, 05:56
x
xxx x
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxx
Key: ✓ = Completed | ✘ = Abandoned | ✦ = Ongoing
xxxxxxxxxx
SCHOOL YEAR
Reducio

✦ - Let's Not Blow This Up| Potions | September 16, 2023 | Elsian Cox
After unknowingly messing up a potion, a certain Gryffindor decided to add some colour to June's life. And her potion. And her face. This guy sucks. But if he did one thing right, he sent June to the hospital wing where she runs into...

✦ - It's Always You, Isn't It?| Hospital Wing | September 16, 2023 | Finnegan Conner
Finnegan Conner. June's close friend who's been very, very distant since his birthday. For once, June knows exactly what she did to upset someone, but no idea how to fix it. Can this relationship be salvaged?

✦ - The Third Broom Race| Outdoor Club Area | October 29, 2023 | Slytherin & Gryffindor racing teams
Summary to follow

✦ - That's It, I'm Breaking The Ice| Snape Dorm #9 | November 4, 2023 | Remedy Norten
Living with someone you don't know is awkward. Especially when you spent the last year living with your practical older brother/mentor figure, and now are stuck with someone two years younger than you. Oh well, might as well take advantage of the opportunity.

✓ - What The Hell Am I Doing| November 6, 2023 |
June is too nervous to ask Finn a question, so she writes a letter instead.

✦ - Tea for Two| Great Hall | November 10, 2023 | Finnegan Conner
The date.

✦ - Can You Handle The Spice?| Great Hall | November 25, 2023 | Avery Chen, Atlas Anderson, Astra Norrick, Clair Fernandez, Colin McCoire, Maverick Castle & Vale Ashwood
Summary to follow

✦ - Nothing All At Once| Ballroom | December 8, 2023 | Solo
The ballroom ceilings were quite high. June stays up well past curfew staring at the ballroom ceiling, for once not overthinking her life to death. Is this better?

✦ - Auction & Afflictions| Rhinelander Manor | December 29, 2023 | Finnegan Conner, Remedy Norden, Avery Leveret & Ulysses Drake
Summary to be written (I'm so scared about the possibilities of this thread help)
xxxSUMMERxxx
Reducio

✓ - Homecoming| Platform 9 3/4 + London | July 1, 2023 | Finnegan Conner
A dinner with the Conner clan may not be entirely sunshine and rainbows, as something seems to have rained on June's parade in the past few months...

✦ - The McDonald's Drive Thru Thread| A McDonald's in Wexford, Ireland | July 12, 2023 | Maggie Hawkins
June and Maggie meet Ronald McDonald (and Nic can't do anything to stop them).

✓ - Don't Be Koi| Various Locations in Butetown, Wales | August 16, 2023 | Finnegan Conner
A birthday confession leads to panic, shame, guilt, and a rift between Finn and June.
xxx

SCHOOL YEAR
Reducio

✘ - Make Each Other Less Alone, Together| Hogwarts Express | September 1, 2022 | Seven Corigault-Seto, Leonard Oaksworth, Nicholas McCowan
A group of the Eyebatch Pwnies end up in a train car together and talk to Seven about their houses.

✓ - The Slytherin Table 2022-2023| The Great Hall | September 1, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins, Seven Corigault-Seto, Leonard Oaksworth & Colin McCoire
June tries to enjoy a meal in peace with her house mates, but a certain peculiar (and peculiarly loud) Slytherin decides to provoke her. Big mistake. Huge.

✓ - The Welcome Wagon| Slytherin Common Room | September 2, 2022 | The Welcoming Committee & Various First-Years
House Slytherin has a reputation, no doubt about it. Perhaps dipping the new first years into this legacy wouldn't be so terrible, would it?

✓ - Drawn Into Being| Courtyard | September 13, 2022 | Finnegan Conner
June speaks to Finnegan Conner properly for the first time since camp. The two chat, and Finn entrusts June with a secret.

✓ - Stall-ing For Time| Lavatory | September 16, 2022 | Alma Stoll
Don't ever leave your wand behind, or else you'll be locked in a bathroom stall and forced to lockpick your way out.

✓ - Third Time's A Charm| Classroom | September 20, 2022 | Finnegan Conner
Finn takes June's offer of Charms tutoring, but he has other plans in mind. The two become friends (with no injuries required, huzzah) and June is invited to the Fall Ball as Finnegan's date (platonic, clearly).

✓ - Blackout| Great Hall | October 7, 2022 | Ivy Bellamy, Samantha Salwis, Adelaide Barlowe
Ivy loses a sister, and then promptly loses consciousness. June feels helpless, but tries to be there for her friend.

✓ - Faerietale Endings and It Takes Two To Tango| Courtyard | October 8, 2022 | Finnegan Conner, George Henry, Alan Vanes & Gideon Athanatos
The Fall Ball is upon us! June and Finnegan have some bonding time on this nice, very platonic date.

✓ - Snitches and Sweater Weather and Susurrous Spectators| Quidditch Pitch | October 10, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins, Alma Stoll, André Lebedev, Violet Grace, Simon Kincaid, Colin McCoire, Irina Sousa, Ava Winchect, Clair Fernandez, Lucian Mornstern & Aryaan Shamsi
Days away from her first broom race, June decides to clam her nerves by organizing another friendly quidditch match.

✓ - The First Broom Race| Outdoor Club Area | October 15, 2022 | Slytherin & Hufflepuff racing teams, Maggie Hawkins
Here it is, it's all led up to this. June's first broom race, and against the person who inspired her love of flying in the first place, no less.

✦ - Absolute Victory| Hospital Wing | October 15, 2022 | Brisk Basilisk racing team
... They lost. And it hurts.

✓ - One Letter To Destroy Part One and Two| Corridors and Lavatory | November 4, 2022 | Monica Evans
June spots Monica in great distress. While the two aren't friends, June simply can't turn the other way.

✓ - Unfaithful.| Selwyn Manor | January 3, 2023 | Solo
They say the truth will set you free, but June sees no good that can come of the truth that she learns. June's mother has had an affair. (Follows the events of "Unhopeful.", written by Aurelia Notrevace)

✦ - Rage Burns The Innocent| Hogwarts Express | January 5, 2023 | Avery McCall
That woman and June's father seem to expect June to move on as if nothing happened. Absolutely not. June mopes in a compartment with Avery, who has a lot more in common with June than they both think...

✘ - ... I'm Afraid| Severus Snape Dorm #9 | January 8, 2023 | Leonard Oaksworth
It was a night every Slytherin was sure to remember for a long, long time. And June, suddenly feeling vulnerable, small and alone, is afraid. Thankfully she has Leonard with her, will the two of them make it through this night?

✦ - Nox| Classroom | January 25, 2023 | Finnegan Conner & Alma Stoll
June's anger towards that woman grows. Hopefully she's able to compose herself enough to tutor Finn.

✘ - Baby Broomers| Outdoor Club Area | February 4, 2023 | Irina Sousa, Beatrice Dupont , Violet Grace, Aurelia Notresvace, Monica Evans, Beatrice Langstreth, Cassandra Ironwoods, Maggie Hawkins & Dorion Anderson
June is a nerd. So to learn more about her newfound hobby of broom racing, what better way than to organize her own broom race and observe?

✓ - The Second Broom Race| Outdoor Club Area | February 11, 2022 | Slytherin & Ravenclaw racing teams
Well it surely can't go as badly as last time, right?

✦ - Twigs and Tenacity| Outdoor Club Area | March 4, 2023 | Beatrice Langstreth
Time is a circle, it seems. Newly-co-captained June has been asked for a flying lesson from a certain Ravenclaw. Hopefully this one won't end up with a trip to the hospital wing.

✓ - Echos of a Promise| Lavatory | March 26, 2023 | Solo
The promise to conquer, how could she have forgotten something so important?

✦ - Undone. and Unworthy.| Selwyn Manor | April 15, 2022 | Avery Leveret
What first seemed like a boring book-launch full of empty platitudes soon turns into the discovery that Louise has continued to be unfaithful. Phinehas expresses his desire to separate, and June finds comfort in fellow Slytherin Avery, someone who finally can understand this part of her life.

✘ - 52 to Get to Know You| Slytherin Girls' Dorm | April 22, 2023 | Monica Evans
A sleepover in the second year prefect's room sees new friends June and Monica taking the time attempting to move past small talk.

✓ - Applauding Avery| Dueling Club | April 23, 2023 | Avery Leveret
June watches an official duel for the first time, wanting to support (but also observe) new acquaintance Avery.

✓ - The Enchanted Maze (Spring Ball)| Grounds | April 25, 2023 |
Whoever said that you would never use herbology in the real world was very, very wrong.

✓ - Airball| Airball | April 28, 2023 | Avery Leveret, Maverick Castle, Ginyami Midorimori, Angelique Selemine, Milo Durand, Yevgeny Ogarev, Harlan Montgomery & Aryaan Shamsi
It's time for June to attempt broom sports beyond just racing. Opposed against Avery Leveret, it's sure to be the competition of a lifetime.

✓ - Don't Ruin My Party, Please| June 13, 2023 |
Summary to come.

✦ - Cleaning Up Your Act| Slythrin Girls' Dorm | June 16, 2023 | Monica Evans
Monica's room is gross. Time to clean it.

✦ - Thirteen| Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop | June 24, 2023 |
Summary to come.
xxxSUMMERxxx
Reducio

✓ - Biggest Loser in Hufflepuff| Hogwarts Express | July 1, 2022 | George Henry
Perhaps it's time for bygones to be bygones between George and June.

✓ - Leave It To The Prose| Hogwarts Express | July 7, 2022 | George Henry
June and George are friends at last. Perhaps their fathers will follow suit?

✓ - A Fry-Day to Remember| Magical Menagerie | July 22, 2022 | Solo
The first part of June's post-birthday celebration with her family brings her a new... Well, not "friend", but a new something in Lars the fish.

✓ - Eyebatch Pwnies| London Quidditch Stadium | August 2022 | Haven Bohannon, Maggie Hawkins, Leonard Oaksworth, Ivy Bellamy, Evelynn Decipio, Seven Corigault-Seto, Nicholas McCowan, Marshal Mozor
The summer camp tent. Who. Freaking. Knows what will happen with this group?

✓ - Prank Wars!| London Quidditch Stadium | August 4, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins, Evelynn Decipio, Monica Evans
June isn't one for "pranks", but she certainly hates losing. Besides, it's a good excuse to get to know some of her upperclassmen tent-mates more.

✓ - Truth or Dare| London Quidditch Stadium | August 14, 2022 | Nicholas McCowan, Zykeal Lane & Finnegan Conner
Truth or Dare... What more is there to say?

✓ - Twirl the Flagon| London Quidditch Stadium | August 28, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins, Bubba McGary, Finnegan Conner
This was a terrible idea. June doesn't find this kind of thing fun, who in their right mind would? It was quite nice to see Maggie get some revenge on June's behalf on Bubba McGary for his stint in the detention group a while back, though...

✓ - The McGarry-Selwyn Peace Conference| London Quidditch Stadium | August 29, 2022 | Bubba McGarry
June runs into Bubba McGarry, who finally apologizes for what he said to June in their first year. While they certainly aren't friends, reparations have been made.
xxx
SCHOOL YEAR
Reducio

✓ - Beginnings Begin| Platform 93/4 | September 1, 2021 | Solo
The Selwyn family says one last goodbye before sending their only daughter off on the Hogwarts Express.

✓ - The "Good Enough" Compartment| Hogwarts Express | September 1, 2021 | Shawn McCarthy
June tries to find the perfect compartment to ride to Hogwarts in. She settles for one that is "good enough", where she makes her first friend in Shawn McCarthy.

✓ - Sorting Ceremony| Great Hall |September 1, 2021 | Solo
Here it is, the moment every new student has been waiting for. Standing around for hours where nothing is said but names and one of four houses. And then your feet get tired and you get bored. Maybe this ceremony isn't as exciting as it's made out to be...

✓ - Somebody To Watch Over Me| Slytherin Common Room | May 12, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins
The universe answers June's silent pleas for a distraction from her homework in the form of a fellow first-year Maggie Hawkins' black cat, Benvolio.

✓ - Eat Your Heart Out, Holyhead Harpies| Quidditch Training Pitch | May 14, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins
Newfound friend and Slytherin first-string chaser Maggie Harper decides to help June break out of her shell by giving her a flying lesson. Everything goes great and June does NOT end up in the hospital wing. Because that would be embarrassing.

✓ - Ow.| Hospital Wing | May 14, 2022 | Maggie Hawkins
Spoiler alert: June DID end up in the hospital wing. Good thing she has friend Maggie Hawkins with her to help her emotionally recover.

✘ - Danger: Overhead Hazard| Grounds | May 15, 2022 | Simon Kincaid
Nothing could ruin June's perfect May day. Nothing, that is, until she accidentally drops a book on Hufflepuff Prefect Simon Kincaid's head. Oops.

✘ - A Rainy-Day Bet| Great Hall | May 18, 2022 | Shawn McCarthy, Leonard Oaksworth, Kim Sato, Maggie Hawkins
Bored and stuck inside, June and Shawn make a bet to see which house would respond to a disruption of obnoxiously loud laughter first. June loses. In front of upperclassmen she doesn't know. Fantastic.

✘ - Astrono-You and Astrono-Me| Astronomy Class | May 19, 2022 | Mireia Sangre-Tenebri
As end-of-term exams draw near, June is grateful for the time in-class she's given to revise. She turns to Ravenclaw Mireia Sangre-Tenebri, a fellow first-year, to be her partner for the day.

✓ - Happy Birthday, Leonard Oaksworth| Grounds | May 27, 2022 | Leonard Oaksworth, Cassandra Ironwoods
June can't believe it; third-year Leonard Oaksworth has invited her and her friends to his birthday party. June is determined to make an impression at the party, trying to, well, impress the upper-years. Perhaps this could kick-start her reputation?

✘ - That is THE Seat!| Classroom | May 31, 2022 | Nia Greenwood
On the eve of the worst month of the year, June is having a day. A bad day. A very bad day. And poor Nia Greenwood walks right into June's stubborn wrath. Surely they'll be able to make up eventually... Right?

✓ - The Inevitable| Great Lake | June 1, 2022 | Monica Evans
Today was the day. It was here. The inevitable had finally arrived. June. On this worst day, June allows herself to let go and feel all of her emotions. She thinks she's alone, until fellow first-year Slytherin Monica Evans comes to investigate the crying blonde girl.

✦ - June Gives Me Jitters!| Slytherin Common Room | June 2, 2022 | Hui Ming
June attempts to befriend a fellow bookworm in the common room, but it doesn't go very well...

✓ - Springtime Showers & Summer Flowers [Errand]| Campgrounds | June 4, 2022 | Colin McCoire
June liked working with her hands. As childish as it may be to admit, crafts were quite fun. While making flowery creations, June meets a peculiar Slytherin first-year.[/revelio]

✓ - Add A Little Bit Of... Spice [Errand]| Great Hall | June 4, 2022 | Avery Chen
Other than her birthday, June never looked forward to anything in June. It was by far the worst month. So, when she heard about this "pride" something-or-other that happened this month, June's interest was piqued. This was, perhaps, a fun celebration that could distract her from her history with June.

✘ - Doesn’t That Sound Like Fun?| Hogsmeade Main Square | June 5, 2022 | Ivy Bellamy
June forgot that she had friends. Older friends that were friends because their parents were friends, but friends nonetheless. This bond allows childhood friend and Gryffindor third-year Ivy Bellamy to somehow sneak into Hogsmeade. This did not sound like fun to June.

✓ - A Fresh Perspective| Grounds | June 7, 2022 | George Henry (+ Opeila Winters)
June climbs trees. Nothing bad will ever come out of meeting George. Not a single "flipendo" in sight.

✓ - Thank You, Professor Horne!| Professor of Astronomy's Office | June 7, 2022 | Farron Horne
Professor Farron Horne is so cool, and an amazing professor. June begins her end-of-year thank-yous with her favourite professor.

✓ - The Good Deed of the Day| Classroom | June 10, 2022 | Opeila Winters, George Henry, Bubba McGarry, Alan Vanes
George Henry is getting what he deserves. Finally. But of course, because the world is cruel, June brings up something she should not have brought up and becomes the bad guy in the situation. Drat.

✓ - Don't Wake The Unicorn| Grounds | June 11, 2022 | Aurora Ranvier
Now that June is "conquering" her time at Hogwarts, she needs to actually do things. In comes Aurora Ranvier and her fascinating muggle game, "Uno Stacko". At last, a competition...

✓ - Following the Music| Rehearsal Room | June 11, 2022 | Monica Evans
June enjoys being in the company of only herself, only to soon realize that Monica Evans had crept into the room while June was playing without her noticing. Will Monica bring the reprieve June is seeking, or will she only be a distraction again?

✓ - A Friendly Game of Quidditch| Quidditch Pitch | June 19, 2022 | Reena Delgado, Quinn Root, Henry Knight, Dexter Ragsdill, Monica Evans, George Rees, Aly Salinger, Simon Kincaid & Cassandra Ironwoods
When Monica asks June to referee an informal game of quidditch, who is she to say no?

✘ - The Calm After the Storm| Courtyard | June 13, 2022 | Farron Horne
June does something very very dangerous. She begins to let herself feel. And cry just a little bit. Even though she has a few friends, she feels totally, utterly alone.

✓ - How Did You Do It?| Owlery | June 14, 2022 | Regina Miller
A run-in with notable Gryffindor rebel Regina Miller would have scared June out of the owlery for good had it happened a few months ago. But perhaps she could be a reputable source of advice for how to get a reputation...

✘ - Just Don't Get Caught| Room of Requirement | June 14, 2022 | Regina Miller
June did it, she followed the suggestion of Regina Miller and snuck out of her dorm after curfew. This was definitely a great idea.

✓ - Birthday Invitations| June 18, 2022
With her birthday coming up, June decides to throw herself a birthday party. With letters sent out to guests (and RSVPs in return), all that's left to do is wait for the big day! Hmm, she may have dropped one or two invitations, though...

✓ - What Is This Sitcom Energy??| Grounds | June 18, 2022 | Elsian Cox
June gets squashed. Like a bug. Bug bug bug bug (man, someone should use this as a nickname!)

✓ - Of Course!| Library | June 21, 2022 | Seren Young
Escaping to the library to read (what a concept), June meets a young Ravenclaw. Well, more like awkwardly ends up staring right at her to the point where interaction was necessary, but that's basically the same thing.

✓ - Twelve| Grounds | June 23, 2022 | Monica Evans, Adelaide Barlowe, Leonard Oaksworth, Elsian Cox, Henry Knight, Avery Chen, Maggie Hawkins
It's here! It's today! The only good thing to come out of this terrible, terrible month: June's birthday!

✦ - Check, Mate| Slytherin Common Room | June 25, 2022 | Jack Burnett
June plays wizard's chess with Jack Burnett, an upperclassman.

✘ - I Know About Popular| Slytherin Girls Dorm | June 26, 2022 | Fate Baudelaire
Stylish roommate Fate decides the best thing to help June finish out the school year is a good old-fashioned chop. A hair chop, that is. June cuts her hair.

✘ - Some Silly Little Club Room| Duelling Club | June 27, 2022 | Henry Knight
June properly visits the duelling club room for the first time.
x

Reducio
✦ - June's Big Day| Selwyn Manor | April 1, 2011 | Solo
The annual April Fool's day tradition in which I write 9 month old June's very boring life in prose that is completely unnecessary for the content.
xxxxxxx
xxx
Last edited by June Selwyn on 22 Dec 2023, 04:34, edited 64 times in total.

13 May 2022, 05:56
xxxxxxxxxx
T H E x W O R K S x O F x P H I N E H A S x S E L W Y N
xxxxxxxxxx
The Tales of Thundelarra
Drama | 2016
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
A fictitious imagining of the founding of an Australian quidditch team and the town that didn't believe in them. The relationships are notably a tad forced and the dialogue isn't the smoothest (especially between protagonist Nicola Shone and love interest John Rodgers), but the portions about flying and the game itself are truly captivating.
Drainmuss and Death
Adventure | 2018
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
Young wizard Hugo Réveil travels the world in search of the witch who murdered his brother, Yoann. He battles fearsome creatures, traverses trying lands, and the novel ends in a spectacular battle between Hugo and the dark witch Johanne.
TBD
Adventure | 2019
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
TBD
Loretta
Historical Fiction | 2020
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
Loretta Violet, a wealthy witch living in Victorian-era Scotland, is the only eligible heir to the Violet estate.
The Castle Around Your Bones
Mystery | 2021
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
TBD
TBA
Action | TBA
────────────────
Reducio
SUMMARY:
TBA
Last edited by June Selwyn on 10 May 2023, 04:56, edited 18 times in total.

22 May 2022, 21:09

Instagram coded by Maggie Hawkins
Reducio
may_july
●●●
──────────────────────────────────────────────────────

June Selwyn she/her
From Newcastle to Hogwarts castle <3
13 posts xxxxxx 23 followers xxxxxx 30 following
Follow

tumblr. coded by Maggie Hawkins
Reducio
tumblr.
Search tags & blogs
x
Aa
Text

Photo

Link

Chat

Audio

Video
baroquesworth reblogged your post: No, no, PLE...
lilmissmags reblogged your post: Benvolio has my...
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
lilmissmags
xxxxx| ‘i think it’s beautiful that somewhere
xxxxx| out there someone is watching twilight
xxxxx| (2008)’
Sources: lilmissmags
87 notes
x
x
x
x
x
x
you baroquesworth
─────────────────────────────
baroquesworth
xxxxx| Sorry I have bubonic plague I can't hang xxxxx| out tonight.
Sources: baroquesworth
1,199,022 notes
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
x
kurtcobainjr
A little something I threw together last night.
Sources: kurtcobainjr
3 notes
xx kvelling-selwyn
may-july.tumblr.com
────────────────────
Posts xxxxxxxxxxxx52
────────────────────
Drafts xxxxxxxxxxxx2
────────────────────
Followers xxxxxxxx27
────────────────────
Activity xxxxxxxxxx

Account
────────────────────
Liked 5,863 posts
────────────────────
Following 37 blogs
────────────────────
Find blogs
────────────────────

codedbymaggiehawkins
Online now
────────────────────
lilmissmags
────────────────────
baroquesworth
────────────────────
kurtcobainjr
────────────────────
Last edited by June Selwyn on 10 May 2023, 04:55, edited 5 times in total.

27 Oct 2022, 13:44
About Me
Pronouns: She/Her
House: Slytherin
Enneagram: 9w1
MBTI: INFJ-A
Interests:
Music, TTRPGs, graphic design, Seek Discomfort, filmmaking, travel
"Language and art add to our stock of available reality"
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx- Jacob Collierxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Howdy, hi! I'm June or Joon or Junie B Jones, honestly whatever you call me, I don't mind. I fell in love with this community from day 1 and love to have a good chat and a thread with people. Let's see, what else... I speak English and (Québécois) French. You're always welcome to send me a message, I'm an open book to all who want to know me! My RP activity may be very very low, but I'm very active on discord, so if you're searching, you're bound to find me there.
RP Info
Activity: Low
Post Speed: Very slow
Discord: wekkthefish
Time Zone: EST
Owls/DMS? Always open!
coded by: Maggie Hawkins