Sign in

14 Apr 2022, 00:45
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Mei Hagikura
Schooling Year: Second Year
House: Ravenclaw
Link to Encyclopedia: Here Ya go!
Reason for Reapplication: Deactivated to James Owens

The backstory needs more information about who you are and who your parents are, and where your living place is.

sta • 7 | eva • 4 | str • 5
MY SHOPPP
wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 7
⠀⠀⠀main ency
⠀⠀⠀E N C Y C L O P E D I A
⠀⠀⠀inpc ency
Fearless | ability | ability
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
ability | ability | ability
[/quote]

25 Apr 2022, 16:01
Index Re-Application
Mei Hagikura wrote: 14 Apr 2022, 00:45 Character Name (First and last name): Mei Hagikura
Schooling Year: Second Year
House: Ravenclaw
Link to Encyclopedia: Here Ya go!
Reason for Reapplication: Deactivated to James Owens

The backstory needs more information about who you are and who your parents are, and where your living place is.
Added more to backstory

sta • 7 | eva • 4 | str • 5
MY SHOPPP
wis • 6 | arc • 6 | acc • 7
⠀⠀⠀main ency
⠀⠀⠀inpc ency
Fearless | ability | ability
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS
[/quote]

29 Apr 2022, 18:38
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Mariposa Meadows
Schooling Year: first Year
House: Slytherin
Link to Encyclopedia: Here
Reason for Reapplication: Added background and changed stats
Reducio
Stamina-3 strength-3 arcan power -6 wisdom-7 evasion-5 accracy-6

Mod edit: There is no need for re-application since you are not yet in Index in the first place. Please register here: viewtopic.php?t=2573

M.Meadows
Like moths to a flame, our deaths would be bright.
speaking hex- #a64d79

16 May 2022, 15:45
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Shiawase Mamori
Schooling Year: First year
Link to Encyclopedia: Here it is.
Reason for Reapplication: I was removed from the index due to inactivity, but I am active now.

Stamina: 9 | Evasion: 0 | Strength: 9 | Wisdom: 8 | ArcPower: 8 | Accuracy: 6

20 May 2022, 01:49
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Emily Flower
Schooling Year: First year
House: Gryffindor
Link to Encyclopedia: viewtopic.php?t=15931&start=0
Reason for Reapplication: I wasn't able to apply within my 30 days of being sorted, so I hope I can apply now as a Dhampir
Mod note: you can only apply to be a special race within your first 30 days of being on the site. This cannot be changed.

To kill someone and then drink their blood is better than drinking someone's blood then killing them

2 Jun 2022, 11:00
Index Re-Application
Character Name: Astoria Swan
Schooling Year: Second year
Link to Encyclopedia: Here
Reason for Reapplication: deactivation of Lin Evanvleck

sta • 7 | eva • 8 | str • 3
WIZARD SUPREMACY
wis • 8 | arc • 7 | acc • 7
⠀⠀⠀main ency
⠀⠀⠀inpc ency
parsel | terrible | snake
THROUGH⠀THE⠀YEARS

10 Jun 2022, 19:35
Index Re-Application
Piérre Marchonné wrote: 22 Nov 2020, 20:54
Piérre Marchonné | Third Year | Gryffindor
Link to Ency:
Currently in Renovation...
Re-Application Rationale:
Reducio
Requesting permission to alter Confidential Backstory of Romeo and Piérre. In current understanding, the boys are the cousins of two different lineages (bound by identical Muggleborn mother twins for their magical heritage, and identical Muggle father twins), explaining their similar appearances. However, after reading through the current story, the reasoning for their abandonment seems unclear and the unknown force that hunted the family is nonsensical. Personally, I cannot think of a way to make this part of the story pertinent to Piérre's overarching lore.

In a renovated story, Piérre and Romeo are indeed twins bound by blood, with their magic stemming from their Pureblooded father's side. Their mother's blood status is flexible, for though I would prefer to alter her blood status to Pureblood to reflect political intrigue and thereby change Piérre's and Romeo's status to Pureblood (I do not intend to pick up or apply for Muggle Condition in the future if this request is accepted), I can maintain Half-blood status and still maintain continuity in the intended arc. The father has an elder twin, and in a local divination, the elder brother was told that he would be slain by his younger brother's lineage. At this time, Piérre and Romeo, then named Corvus and Aquilla, were hardly weeks old, and their jealous, paranoid, (and slightly mad due to tight knit genetic bloodlines) uncle was planning their demise.

The same events would then take place; the father and mother fled the danger, left the boys in the adoptive care of Muggles to turn their trail cold, and then vanished, leaving a mystery for the boys to unravel. At this point, the canon would be untouched, the history of the Muggle parents, the young magic, the accident, the exchange of households, and then the current events at Hogwarts. Since no allusion has been made to the past of the boys, this is the only reason why I request a re-application.

Query: Is it a possibility to alter the twins' Blood Statuses to Pureblood? If not, the reasoning is completely understood. (I do not intend to apply for 'The Muggle Condition' nor do I indent to instate retcons in the backstory. The only variation is knowledge that neither of the boys are aware of and will not be aware of until events taking place either over this coming summer or the following fall.)

Thank you for your consideration, and thank you so much for everything that you do for this site and the players involved!
Mod note:
Reducio
Generally it is no issue to change blood status (as long as it won't happen too often). My personal issue is, that this version sounds an awful lot like the first draft which had to be altered due to site rules. I will discuss with the team. Should you have questions you can owl me (Béatrice).
^ ^ Revisiting this after 2 years ^ ^ :sweating:
I've been thinking and rethinking things, and I think I have a solid story that adheres to site and makes sense. I've created a father figure for the twins to drive the plot, and I've been working with Cielle Johansson's player (@Ivy Bellamy [forgive the ping]) for mentions of her familial circus the Jubilant Bazaar. I am likely giving more information than I need, but I am also trying to flesh this person out in my head despite his being a NPC.
Father: Gitano Luca Vero

1986 Beauxbatons Graduate

Ringmaster of the Jubilant Bazaar

Pureblood
Blue eyes ¤ Patch on Right Eye
Wand: 8.5 inches Pine and Snallygaster Heartstring, hard
Patronus: Common Cuckoo
"Hexcode #bf6c0d"
About the Patch Ipnotizzatore
Reducio
Born within wedlock in 1968, the first of 8 children, a firstborn son was christened Gitano Luca Vero in Messina Sicily by parents Marius Aristide Vero and Anete Cosima Altomare-Vero. His 6 brothers are from eldest to youngest: Ettore Fiorenzo, Sante Fausto, Moreno Alvise, Bonaventure Aurelius, Ottone Paolo, and Noé Rocco. His youngest sibling, a sister, is Chiara Rosalba.

The Vero family came from little renown, and of even lesser renown through Marius, who had been a youngest child in a family of 3 elder sisters. Whereas the sisters had been wedded off into further wealth, Marius had found himself drawn to an elusive prize, that of the single daughter of the Altomare family. Though he had been told that his inheritance would hardly purchase the right to wed, that he should be sparing and find a better, more fruitful venture with another, wizarding or otherwise, Marius would not be swayed, and found himself more entranced with the idea of defying the challenge the universe had placed before him than the scoffing of his elder, wealthier sisters. The Altomares took advantage of this obvious weakness, and by subtle means, fine print, and blackmail deriving from the two lover's wedlock scandal, the Altomares embezzled most of Marius' sparse inheritance into their own coffers.

Still, despite these misfortunes, both Marius and Anete found themselves happy with their circumstances. It was a classic tale of young love that reigned victorious over the odds, almost picture perfect... Even with the snags which came with any relationship, especially concerning finances.

Marius was a potions prodigy, though with his inability to come into the possession of more valuable components and lucrative business closures, the greatest of his brews were that of healing or minor mind-altering potions. Nothing dramatic, nothing noteworthy, though incredibly high quality for the ingredients he could come by. Anete herself was an adept in magizoology, as her family had been affiliated with the protection services and methods of cloaking the native creatures from Muggle eyes in populated areas. But, as her family had claimed a monopoly in the local area, there was no overtly profitable work to be had for herself.

Because of this, the lifestyle of the Vero family was mediocre, bordering on lower class. With 8 children, income came and went, and it was only by a hasty pooling of funds and determined saving that the Veros were able to send their oldest, Gitano, to Beauxbatons. None of their other children would have that luxury.

Charming and incredibly polite to his teachers and his classmates, Gitano, unlike his mother, didn't seem to have an affinity with animals, though he was rather good at realizing the things that could be harvested from them in the pursuit of alchemical practices healing and hindering alike. Because of this, he found himself excelling in similar things as his father; potioneering and in charms.

It came as no surprise, then, that as he became more adept at potions, he began to grow more ambitious in the complexity of his potions, the desire to provide for his family brood apparent in his interrogative questions and sometime reckless brewing. Indeed, when he was practicing on his own during his 4th year, he had an incident involving the use of Swooping Evil venom which cost him his right eye.

When his first four years were completed at Beauxbatons, Gitano paid his own way to be educated for the remaining three as a potions maker with expertise in charms on the side; specifically in the realm of mental magics and Occlumency. Though chastised for being graceless and reckless in the movements of his brewing or the way he rationalized his often unorthodox methods of thinking and performing the craft, Gitano always exuded a constant, charismatic side of him that often diffused all criticisms against him the more he spoke and subtly flourished his native tongue. French never seemed to stick with him, maybe that was the reason he never seemed to follow the grain of his intructors' methods, instead electing to attempt his own.

At the conclusion of his additional 3 years, Gitano made his way as a freelance potioneer-- taking requests or selling that which he had on hand-- moving about Sicily as the charming, sweet-talking, and rather handsome "Patch Ipnotizzatore" (Mesmer Patch) or simply "Patch" as he was known in passing.

When he started expanding his wanderings to mainland Italy, nobody thought it odd. It wasn't until an incident occurred in which a father realized that their newborn looked nothing like him that suspicions were aroused. This was especially proved when two more cases were reported... And a certain potionmaker had vanished during a rather suspicious timeframe. However, despite the accusations leveled at a representative of of the Vero house, nothing could be proved. There was not enough substantial evidence, and Gitano always seemed to have an alibi strong enough to stand against a Norwegian Ridgeback; as well as his own irritatingly suave aura and honeyed, charmingly deflective words which coaxed away most of the ire thrown his way.

After fines had been doled out, Gitano made his way north to Norway and its adjoining countries to tactically distance himself from the slowly fading rumors of the South. There, while beginning to learn one of the languages of the area, Gitano managed to aquire the services of a small clutch of performers and oddities. Bound together by his charisma and shrewd business head, Gitano named this new troupe the Jubilant Bazaar. With more successes and further reach and travel, Gitano collected oddities and performers that caught his eye or that he believed would catch the eyes of any patron.

The Bazaar travelled throughout the Northern countries of Europe, specifically circling between Russia and Norway. Its cast was made up of acrobats, trapeze artists, jongleurs, tamers, firebreathers, and minor magical beasts. However... With the addition of glamorous magic and a strong, assertive voice directing the audience's attentions... It made a quite impressive show indeed.

Yet despite his incredible direction of the attention of a spellbound audience during a performance, the claims that these things were of the nailbiting and bizarre alike, Gitano was far from an affable person when it came to money and especially children. He was shrewd and slimy when it came to paying performers or dealing with the rowdy children that scampered and scrambled all about the circus' grounds. Evidently the markers of his poor upbringing due to his enormous family's brood had left the telltale signs of indescribable greed and apathy of the idea that he might one day return to that poor lifestyle.

It seemed that Gitano's most evident goal in his life as of now is to ascend to the top of the totem pole with decadent pleasures and vices.

And to stay there permanently.
The 2007 Gemini Incident
Reducio
In June of 2007, Gitano took a temporary leave of the Bazaar to pursue a homecoming to Motherland Italy. He couldn't help the fact that those tawny beauties seemed to possess a trait that the pale northerners didn't possess. Besides, it had been nearly three decades since he had seen, let alone set foot upon his home turf; the start of everything.

The suave Ringleader had learned his lesson from previous flings, the fact that on occasion some individuals were not very good at keeping secrets. As a result, Gitano had come prepared. "Precaution, I assure you." Gitano had always expressed when it was most necessary. Fortunately it was precious little, only by using his affinity with memory magics and potions that he would subtly manipulate the situation and thus neatly cut himself out of a rather scandalous portrait that his poor father Marius would otherwise be unable to contend with.

Such was the case with a rather lovely muggle woman by the name of Eleanor Vittoria Rossia. She was a pretty thing 22 years of age, and though Gitano himself was just barely turning fifty, his wizarding blood certainly preserved the best of his good looks. And if a dash of Beautification Potion had been used to influence his looks a tad further, then who was counting the years really?

A gentleman first and last, Gitano courted Eleanor politely like any other gentleman of his caliber. He treated her as the lady she deserved to be... Although he knew that in the end he would leave forever. He had decided long ago, with great determination that he would not follow the footsteps of Marius. At least, not all of them.

So he waited in Italy for a while to observe potential undesirable developments, returning every now and again to the Bazaar to maintain its proper financing, scheduled performances, and designated travel.

Eleanor was indeed pregnant, and Gitano immediately began to instinctively pull strings, making arrangements and concocting a plan to easily erase himself from any potential family portrait that could tie him back to this accidental progeny.

He found a gentleman,another courter of Eleanor: Carlos Tullio Bianchi.

Not exact... But impeccably perfect.

Though not fond of outright confrontation, Gitano took the opportunity to have a drink with his opposer. If the said drink had been spiked with either remedial or rather potent Forgetfulness Potion... Who would be able to prove anything?

In this way, Gitano whittled time away, always another step planned, another cheat ready to be played out upon. He stood in as a 'Father' figure when Eleanor bore twins, played the role of the prideful patriarch. Manipulated and kept tugging the strings for a little while longer, playing the Muggles off one another, "lost" the birth certificates, made arrangements to leave, and above all continued to perform his "Precautions..." with precise, elegant maneuvers until everything was ready.

Eleanor and Carlos were happily married for a year. They always had been. Gitano had given them the rings.

Eleanor and Carlos were trying to have children to no avail. Gitano had reminded them.

Eleanor and Carlos spent most of last year trying to find a forever home. Gitano had helped them search.

Eleanor and Carlos had a night on the town to celebrate. Gitano had suggested it.

Eleanor and Carlos found a pair of twins at their front door. Gitano had planted them.

The brood parasite had already left the nest for the North once more.

He had a show to run, after all. He didn't have time to be dealing with whelps.

Why should they be special?

That is, a lot. Simple question: what exactly do you apply for? What changes do you wish to make?
The story about the father (is he the father?) and the mother (is she the mother?) is too vague. The mother is the same person that is right now the adopted mother. Did he make her forget that she had twins? That is not possible.

Edits (07/10/22):
Adding a bulletpoint list for easier reading/edit requests; editing story of heritage
Reducio
According to the og post above;
- Gitano Vero is the biological father that the twins don't know and have no current knowledge of (Pureblood)
- Eleanor Bianchi is the biological mother (Muggle, hence Marchonné blood status Half-Blood)
- Gitano runs around frequently and has had several affairs, 5 which resulted in children and one in 2007 that resulted in the Marchonné twins

Short Family Tree:
- Gitano's main goal is to serve his own pleasures and avoid fallout to the best of his ability (he specializes in mental potions and memory charms in attempts to cover his tracks)
- In the original above, Gitano manipulated the minds of Muggles to cover his tracks (against a statute of secrecy... But they would have forgotten his use of his magic in the process of his violation of the statute.)
- I have a few potential options to pick from if there is no way for this original proposition to work with site. If any of them work, I can adapt and make them work!
  1. Changeling: A hybrid of "A Favor" and "False Paternity" listed below, Changeling is based on the idea that there were two sets of twins from two couples; Gitano and a Squib from a well-off Pureblood family (to be named) & Eleanor and Carlos. In this version of events, in order to avert scandal with another Pureblood family, Gitano swapped Carlos & Eleanor's twins with his own magical children and altered the memory of the Squib to place her with a different "lover" who was not related to Gitano in the slightest. It would not be until the twins were older that Eleanor and Carlos would realize that Romeo and Piérre had little, and in fact no, genetic relationships with either of them.
  2. A Favor: Gitano had an affair with a Squib belonging to a better known Pureblood family. Scandal could spell disaster for both of them, so when the Squib mother delivers in secret, Gitano offered to dump the children on someone in exchange for permission to wipe the Squib's memory to avoid implicating them in an affair. The Bianchis were a couple that Gitano had scouted out and determined to be perfect for his ends.
  3. False Paternity: The twins have birth certificates listing them as legitimate to Carlos Bianchi, securing a seemingly biological relationship between Carlos and Eleanor. However, if a DNA test comes in, Gitano is revealed to be the father, as Git had altered memories to make Carlos appear to be the father. This would have turned suspicions away from Gitano himself.
Ideally, option 1 or 2 (or a compromised og idea) works best for me (and the way that the twins have been approaching their lives so far unless they too have been afflicted by Gitano's mind meddlings in their youth before Mathilda took guardianship; an interesting potential if allowed) but it would take very little to edit roleplay to make the 3rd oprion viable as well

Please, let me know how I can make anything smoother at all for all of you!

P.S... Could the "Place of Residence" for Piérre's ID be adjusted to 'London, England'? It's been incorrect since 1st year but I haven't really worked up courage to ask for it to be adjusted...

Mod Edit: Sorry, I thought I wrote you, but I never did. I can't approve that because this is very confusing. There is a lot of background stuff which in itself is alright. Boiled down you want to change the blood status by bringing in a new father. But the way it happens is very weird. Because you said your parents adopted you but now the mother is the real mother but was made to forget being pregnant. This can't happen, the body would not forget that there was a pregnancy with twins and don't forget the whole roleplay site is set in modern times. And why make her forget that she was pregnant in the first place when she raises the children anyway?
The whole story is questionable.
Last edited by Piérre Marchonné on 11 Jul 2022, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.

iiiiiiiI'm a very dangerous man when I don't know what I'm doing.
iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii~ The 4th Doctor
| Piérre | Romeo | iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
| Chocco Froggos Shop! |iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

29 Jun 2022, 15:14
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Aurelia Notresvace
Schooling Year: Fifth
House: Gryffindor
Link to Encyclopedia: viewtopic.php?p=44970#p44970
Reason for Reapplication: i wrote an unnecessarily long 900wc+ on Notresvace history for some reason. i have plots planned that will use notresvace history as context. there is this too. viewtopic.php?p=297144&hilit=spooky+manor#p292629
Notresvace
Reducio
What made the Notresvace family stand out was not their extensive history of influence or overflowing amassments, but the fact that the family was ruled by terrifyingly proficent witches. The reign of the Notresvace Matriarchy can be traced back from the late 17th century amidst the French Revolution to their downfall in the blossoming 20th century. Tragediouly, the influential matriarchal legacy succumbed to wounds inflicted by the wrath of patriarchal men and their ideals. But not all is lost.

The French Revolution was a time of change. Then, the Notresvace was a noble muggle family with great assets under the French monarchical rule. Unbeknownst to Earl Louis II Notresvace a French muggle, his wife Berthe, both a feminist visionary and the love of his life was a half-blood witch owl animagus. In a decade, Berthe birthed no male heir but five beautiful girls, all of who inherited her magical prowess. But death was brought onto the doorstep with war, at the passing of Earl Louis II Notresvace. With no male heir, the widowed witch would not allow another man to take what was theirs, instead, the mother of five young witches seized the opportunity to convert the once noble muggle patriarch family into a wizarding matriarchal family. Along with all their assets, the beautiful family of women disappeared from the eyes of muggles, away from their guns and batons and into the safety of the calmer wizarding one. With charms set upon their properties to ensure no muggles found them.

Berthe started a legacy as a sole Matriarch. She was an assertive woman and mother, some of the previous Notresvace traditions she kept, others she discarded as she pleased. She made rules and customs for her children to follow, a few of which were considerably oppressive and biased against men. Berthe inevitable found out about the wizarding school, Beauxbatons which her daughters were shortly enrolled in. What came as a surprise was as Berthe took on from her own mother, all her daughters acquired their animagus form as an owl. This was a legacy passed down from generation to generation.

The first marriage that set a strict custom was in 1810. Berthe voiced a clear-cut refusal for her daughters to marry out of the family. For if a suitor's professed love were true they should be willing to go against his own traditions by joining her family to ascertain his loyalty, commitment and affections. With how beautiful yet surprisingly competent the five Notresvace daughters at magic, men soon married into the family, taking the Notresvace name above all. They acquired more wealth and influence through such connections.

Berthe passed peacefully in 1867 at the old age of 92. Leaving her daughters and grandchildren to carry on her legacy of the Notresvace Matriarchy. Of Berthe's great-grandchildren, little Odette was possibly the dearest to the head Matriarch, at only 6 years old by her bedside, the girl witnessed her grandmother's passing. Odette had seen and acknowledged death early, and soon began to see the herds of thestrals roaming around the Notresvace manor that her sisters, cousins and even aunts were oblivious to. An affinity for flying horses grew. After graduating, Odette developed a thestral breeding programme, a lucrative business. This would be one of the things the Notresvace were known for.

Odette then self-proclaimed the title of head matriarch at a mere 26, establishing a much stricter rule after both her disgraceful older sister and a cousin defied tradition by marrying out and into patriarchy. Odette was a ruthless one, alleged to have spiked both their drinks with a potion of her own creation. No, sweet Odette was not cruel, but mysteriously it seems that those who married out lost their owl form and never had any children of their own. Fate as she called it. It was a warning to all her sisters, cousins, and eventually nieces. But love knew no bounds, but nor did Odette.

It would lead to her demise. In 1966, Odette's great grand-niece married out of the family, Astride. The 110-year-old head Matriarch served the potion mixed in a glass of champagne to toast the 19-year-old's estrangement from the family. A last farewell. 5 years it took for Astride to find out what her great grand-aunt had done. Angry and devastated, Astride confronted her Grand-aunt, begging for an antidote. But when she was told coldly that the damage could not be undone - a cruel lie, Astride drew her wand, blinded by rage and the need for vengeance. Having never shared the knowledge due to fear of having it used against her, the potion was lost with the Matriarch's dying breath.

Astrid remained barren and estranged while the title of Matriarch fell onto another Notresvace's shoulders, eventually to her younger sister, Aurelia (Aurelia's Grandmother). Nothing could ever prepare them for what was to come. Misogynistic wizards, the patriarchy, their blood boiling with envy at the power, influence and wealth the Notresvace had. They couldn't be allowed to carry on for another decade. Dozens against hundreds in a calculated coup. They fought relentlessly. It started in 2000, slowly one by one. None by 2006. The last Notresvace, Estelle found lifeless in the ballroom. The French Ministry did little too late. The Notresvace had fallen... or so they assumed.

In the oldest Notresvace property, an extensive manor secluded in the dense forest of the Picardy region France, many paintings are displayed documenting the extensive Notresvace History over centuries. A large painting of Berthe Notresvace, a stunning woman with olive skin and amber eyes stands tall and regal in a thick sapphire gown next to the rustic bronze plated armchair which Earl Louis sits is displayed in the great hall of the largest Notresvace manor located in the Picardy region of France. This is the last painting of the family's muggle influence. Many more would be created, featuring terrifyingly regal women and owls.

──────────────
AURELIA NOTRÉSVACE | new poem! | x
──────────────
“One can never be too careful,”
STM — 5 | EVA — 19 | STR — 5 | WSD — 12 | ARC — 5 | ACC — 9
Lovely Creature — Evasive Manoeuvres — Monster Hunter — Terrible Presence

3 Jul 2022, 02:35
Index Re-Application
Character Name (First and last name): Joseph Darin

Schooling Year: (Year your profile says, not the year you could be according to your registration date).
Re-applying for first year, please.

House: Ravenclaw.

Link to Encyclopedia: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=32925

Reason for Reapplication: (This can be inactivity, backstory changes, because you were removed etc.).
(Inactivity): Upon starting the semester at Hogwarts, and delving deeply into classes, Joseph received a letter from home regarding his family's herd of sheep. Unfortunately Joseph was required to travel home for the remainder of the year to aid in the care of the sheep. He is now re-applying to again attend first year at Hogwarts.

JD Wizardly

4 Jul 2022, 19:31
Index Re-Application
First Name: Hanako
Last name: Tone
Schooling Year: 4th Year
Link to Encyclopedia: here Cat
Reason for Reapplication: 3rd Year Summer events that heavily changed Hanako's enviroment. Just wanted to be sure it's alright to do.
Main points in bullet points because I like bullet points:
Reducio
-Parent's have been undergoing a mutually agreed upon divorce during Hana's 3rd Year which will be finalized during 3rd year's Summer
-Hanako's no longer lives with his father and 2 other siblings as they do not want to support him in learning magic
-Hanako now lives in a new home with his mother
-His mother very slowly recovering from habit of overworking
-Aunt, (mother's cousin) agrees to be Hana's caretaker for the time being
-[new mentioned family member]Miwa Tone (Mother's cousin and caretaker of Hanako) & Isao Tone (Mother's cousin and twin brother of Miwa. They are no longer in touch. But he is briefly mentioned and is a huge part of Miwa's upbringing)
-Hanako now knows about his mother's family side (previously kept secret for protection)
-Hanako's grandmother (mothers side) is now safely living in Japan with her family
-
Comparisons with more description:
Reducio
Old:

Hanako’s family living environment involved his whole family. His muggle father was fond of showing blatant favoritism among his 3 children. Intellect and skill above all. With Hanako’s 2 younger siblings being labeled as ‘gifted’, it puts him at a disadvantage in the supposed race for a father’s approval. Hanako retorted by pretending it wasn’t a big deal, as he believed their bond as siblings were more than he could hope for.

By his 2nd year summer, turbulence arose between the siblings when a new woman came into the picture. One who was not their mother. According to Hanako, their father was shameless. According to his siblings, their father sought happiness, one their incredibly absent mother could not give. The affair didn’t last long but Hanako found it harder to stay content, to the dismay of his father and siblings.

Regardless, he lived in the same penthouse with all of them. Except for his mother who mainly preferred to book nights in hotels closer to her job in the ministry of magic as an Unspeakable.

New:

The impending doom came, and his parents arranged a divorce, to which both parties agreed to. As for the children, it was up to them whom they would want to live with. Hanako, not wanting to rejoin a muggle school, went with his mother while his father and siblings stayed together. While they promised to stay in touch, it was clear the dynamics of the family changed forever.

After moving out of their penthouse and residing in a modest townhouse, Hanako’s mother called in her cousin, Miwa. A pureblood who looked like a natural muggle with her occupation as a private music teacher. She flew in to act at Hanako’s temporary guardian until his mother attempts to heal her habit of working long hours to avoid emotional distress.

Hanako currently lives in a modest townhouse, in Borehamwood. He resides with his aunt and snake. Occasionally, his mother comes by. Sometimes, he visits the penthouse where his father and siblings are to have Sunday Dinners.

Old:

His mother’s side of the family has always been a secret to him. Over the years, he gets that his grandparents flew from Japan to the U.K to start a new life, but anything else was a mystery. In reality, the Tone were one of the many respectable families in the Japan Wizarding Community. They were famous for their ‘rags to riches’ history. A family with new money that owned one of the well-known radios TN RadioTM and built it from the bottom. Because of their desire to have a strong grip on their current fame and fortune, a toxic system was implemented into the family. One where they exploited anyone of their family members with extra-musical abilities to serve the family-owned radio station while making the rest live in peaceful quiet. Having enough, Hanako’s grandmother ran away with one of the butlers working in the Tone manor, who ended up being her future husband, and fled to the U.K hoping to never return.

They wanted to blend in with the muggles, eager to stay hidden forever. But knowing Hanako’s mother had a gift in magic, they sent her to Hogwarts to study her magic abilities to the fullest. Making her a capable Unspeakable. As the years go on, the fear that they were going to be found by the Tones in Japan dwindled and when Hanako showed his ability in magic, they didn’t hesitate to send him to Hogwarts.

However, during Hanako’s 2nd-year summer, his grandmother suddenly wished to travel to Japan. Not knowing the real reason, Hanako merely watched her leave. Her promise of inviting him to her home hung heavily in his heart.

In actuality, their family has been found out by the Tones in Japan. To appease their anger, Hanako’s grandmother decided to move back into the manor where she was treated with respect and care but shackled to the manor with less than little hope to run away again. While Hanako’s grandmother was gone, her family spewed all sorts of lies to justify her disappearance, most believed by the public. It would not do well if the fact that she's alive and well were to fall on the public’s ears.

In exchange for her freedom, the family in Japan promised to not lay a hand on Hanako’s family and to let them live in peace. While they acknowledge they are blood-related, they want to ensure there is no connection between Hanako’s family and theirs. They agreed to keep the family secret to the grave.

New:

During the 3rd year summer after the divorce was finalized, Hanako needed to be explained why he suddenly has a pureblood aunt living with him. After a very long talk, he now IC understands his whole family history and the predicament they were in. The reason why his aunt was allowed to come but not his grandmother is because she became independent from the Tones years ago. After being a lyrics and music composer for her popular singer twin brother, she resigned and went to live among the muggles to learn their music culture. She ended up in love with it and has paid for her living expenses by being a private tutor for music.

Hanako’s mother had helped her during hard financial times, so after being asked to be Hanako’s temporary babysitter, she didn’t hesitate to accept.

Things I actually want to add in the ency:
Reducio
Life through Hanako’s eyes

[ 3 ]

Summer vacation was not something to look forward to, but too important for him to stay back in summer camp to escape it all. He received a surprise letter from his mother who informed him of his parent's plans for divorce and an odd question if he was okay with it. A question he scoffed at initially. What right did he have to dictate what his parents do with their lives? If he was asked this last year, he would’ve responded hastily listing all the good things as to why they should. But the dreaded question weighted over this head; ‘Would they even listen?’. If they did, it would be the first time.

Realizing he could do very little, he invited Percival Rainwood to come by for the summer. He placed himself in a vulnerable position. Having never needed to depend on anyone else for most of his problems, especially ones that heavily affected his family. Alas, his invitation was accepted, and it seemed wonderful to fully trust someone who has his back.

That is until Rainwood left with no prior notice after a few stays of staying in his house. Letters sent to the Rainwood manor never returned, and not one word had been heard about Percival. Through connections, he was assured that he was safe in his home. But ultimately his absence deeply stung the Japanese boy. As the ongoing divorce only made him more distressed, he fell into his old habit of blaming the closest thing he could blame; Percival Rainwood.

Something being absolutely confident in his mind-reading abilities, Hanako read Rainwoods mind and painted him as a traitor. A friend who took advantage of Hanako’s tough time and left for laughs. Someone who didn’t attend to stay long and whose absence was a clear reminder of the line Hanako seemingly crossed. Who is most likely laughing in Hanako’s patheticness for even trusting him with something heavy as this? When keeping secrets from one another and trust is lacking, this was all the conclusion he came to.

Once the divorce was finalized and the new living arrangements were done, he stayed with his Unspeakable mother. For if he stayed with his father, he would be forced to return to muggle school. As if he could take more disheartening truths, he found out about his true family history when his mother had to explain why the aunt - who he had never met before this - suddenly is his new caretaker.

He now understood his mother's side of the family, where most reside in Japan, including his grandmother that decided to mysteriously move there last summer. The conditions of the truth were simple. As long as Hanako nor his family reveal any sort of connection to them and the Tones in Japan, their grandmother would continue to live the comforting and safe life they always intended her to have.

His aunt, Miwa- is closely related to the family in Japan. Having worked as a lyricist and music composer for her more popular twin brother (Isao Tone) who worked as a fairly popular singer, she decided to be independent and cleanly cut any ties and debts she owed to the Tones. She carried on to deeply study muggle music culture and fell in love. She now mingles with the muggles as if she was one of them despite being a pureblood. Now lives with Hanako while his ever-busy mother continues on her demanding job. Since she took a break from her job as a tutor, she is able to fully care for Hanako’s growth.

His aunt was the one who truly helped him go through his parent’s divorce, family separation, and the heartbreak of trusting Percival.

Stuff I want to clarify (with my trusty bullet points)
-I do not live in the U.K but attempted to understand how divorce works the best I can through google. If there is any more information needed to be mentioned or I have confused something, advance apologies.
-I did not write Percival's side of the story as this is only written from Hanako's perspective. But to clarify; he is safe and sound. His family merely sent someone to retrieve him with haste. He was stuck in his family home, unable to contact Hanako. Thus, the big misunderstanding.
-Information about TN Radio and all Hana's family lore has been checked by re-index during 2nd year (if im not mistaken). More information about it can be found in his ency.
That's all from me. Thank you for reading this. Tell me if there's any problem with the 3rd year summer plans. Will definitely withhold from rp-ing anything related to this until this is approved.

707 Defender of Justice once said, " Honesty is a luxury for me. What if I go out of my way to be honest, and something bad happens? " (2016).