9 Mar 2021, 19:51
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
Hmm, so I'm starting an IC archery club, and I was wondering if I'd need to have a staff member overseeing it IC because it's a bunch of kids handling deadly weapons?
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music."
9 Mar 2021, 20:08
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
First off I think that club would have to make sense.Calypso Starling wrote: 9 Mar 2021, 19:51Hmm, so I'm starting an IC archery club, and I was wondering if I'd need to have a staff member overseeing it IC because it's a bunch of kids handling deadly weapons?
1) Kids wouldn't be allowed to take obvious weapons (differing between knives, which are for example needed for potions, and actual weapons that only have one purpose) to school as far as I know.
2) Where would they get them from then? Like you said, it's kids, who would just give them deadly weapons? And who would own that amount of weapons, that they could just supply a whole club?
9 Mar 2021, 20:15
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
Thanks @Opeila Winters.
1) There would be safety first in all aspects of the club, and kids would aim only at targets. However, I think that we would need to have adult supervision because of the nature of the sport, even if we were being safe. That's what I was asking.
2) I assume if the club is official, we could get archery supplies from the school. Maybe it's in the school's budget for clubs, or there used to be a different archery club and they have bows and arrows in a shed.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music."
9 Mar 2021, 21:03
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
I posted a "calling all staff members" message to find a chaperone for my club, but it disappeared. Is that because I'm not allowed to post non-club sign-up stuff in that area? If so, where is a good place for me to post a notice that a lot of staff members will see?
Sorry if I'm using this thread wrong, as well.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music."
13 Mar 2021, 12:36
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
You could try the discord server if you have discord, I think most staff members are on thereCalypso Starling wrote: 9 Mar 2021, 21:03I posted a "calling all staff members" message to find a chaperone for my club, but it disappeared. Is that because I'm not allowed to post non-club sign-up stuff in that area? If so, where is a good place for me to post a notice that a lot of staff members will see?
Sorry if I'm using this thread wrong, as well.
│= | #00308F ency • cassie heather | =│ | breathe in, breathe through, breathe deep, breathe out Part-Veela • Alluring • Perfectionist • Scream • Sta 9 • Eva 9 • Stre 4 • Wis 10 • Arc 8 • Acc 9 | │ |
13 Mar 2021, 18:11
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
Thanks, @Lucia Fox. I do not have dischord. I did post a new message At the Counter, per another student's suggestion. Here.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music."
15 Mar 2021, 00:30
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
I personally looked at the At the Counter forum and manually reviewed your account Calypso on the 9th (the day all this was mentioned). I see no missing posts, I looked at every thread you have been to and every post you made that day. I cannot find a missing post.
There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
15 Mar 2021, 16:55
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
Huh, ok thank you, @Solomon Lear. I must have accidentally not posted or deleted the original post.
"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be
insane by those who could not hear the music."
6 May 2021, 05:25
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club
Responded... I'm thinking of a Book Club of a sort... And yes, as for the guidelines, I totally understand!
"I wish nothing but the best for you." - Adele
20 Jun 2021, 00:14
Guidelines to Creating a Clan/Club