All of Hogwarts in the Drop Down
Description of the problem :
This is a recent change that might have been intentional and we have been quiet because we knew you were making changes and did not want to reach out while you were working on changes. But the drop down menu when inside of houses does not just show the contents of the houses but rather the whole of Hogwarts. [Refer to First Image]
Previously when someone went to a House, they would only see the contents of that particular House. I sadly do not have a screenshot of how the menu looked before this. [No second image to offer, sorry.]
This change has made navigation more difficult as users need to look through more forum area to find something. This may be a wanted change but since I cannot be certain , placing this here.
Screenshot :
Error message :
N/A
Device and browser used :
Edge, Chrome, Mobile Browser and Firefox.
There is something about ambition, how it not only propels you but also defines you.
All of Hogwarts in the Drop Down
@Solomon Lear, it does appear that this was a change done on purpose, as explained here. I personally find this new format a lot easier for the same reason talked about in the update, but that's just me
A different change made to the dropdown that I'm not sure was intentional is that no matter where you are in the castle, the menu always starts at the very top with the Astronomy Tower, whereas before, the dropdown would start with the level you're are currently on. This makes it more difficult to go to another forum on your current level, especially when in a lower level like the basements. This isn't a huge deal, but many times when I'm on mobile, I accidentally click on the wrong forum while trying to scroll, and the way it used to be made it much easier to get on the forum I wanted. I have no idea if other people have this problem as well or if I'm just clumsy, but I thought I'd point it out.
Current Screenshot:
(Simulated) Previous Screenshot:
Error message :
N/A
Device and browser used :
Google Chrome, Macbook
"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein
STA: 4 | EVA: 4 | STR: 3 | WIS: 9 | ARC: 8 | ACC: 7
All of Hogwarts in the Drop Down
It's not a bug, it's a feature!
Nevertheless I am aware that this menu is long. Moreover, it was no longer automatically positioned on the current location. So I corrected this and added an arrow and a color to better mark where you are. I hope it will be pleasant to use!
In addition, scrolling should be much more enjoyable than it used to be on some touchscreens.
Nevertheless I am aware that this menu is long. Moreover, it was no longer automatically positioned on the current location. So I corrected this and added an arrow and a color to better mark where you are. I hope it will be pleasant to use!
In addition, scrolling should be much more enjoyable than it used to be on some touchscreens.


