23 Sep 2020, 00:23
Let's Chat!
It's not his fault that @Alina Rosier is having a crisis because Clifton left. And the thing is I have my reply in drafts right now and guess what. Alec is now doing the thing where he thinks they got off on the wrong start and wants to start over. [He did this with one other person.] It's sweet. But makes him look like a pushover. {And yes I'm a bit salty. But only because I think this all is humorous.]
23 Sep 2020, 00:28
Let's Chat!
Amara is just,,, Amara she is like me but also not. I don't know how to explain her
Stamina: 6 || Evasion: 6 || Strength: 5 || Wisdom: 9 || Arcane Power: 7 || Accuracy: 7
Perfectionist II
Perfectionist II
23 Sep 2020, 00:31
Let's Chat!
I'm sort of jealous of the people who can write happy or joyful characters sort of say, almost all of my characters end up anxious or shy or depressed.... makes for a better story but I still feel bad for Henry for making him so anxious and all
"There's no such thing as strange creatures, only blinked people" - Newt Scamander
23 Sep 2020, 00:33
Let's Chat!
Yeah, I just do not even get Amara's personality. Like yall who know me know I am like Amara but more depressed,,, characters just flow for me, I do not have a set idea. Originally, Amara was bookish, now she is just,,, mean?
Stamina: 6 || Evasion: 6 || Strength: 5 || Wisdom: 9 || Arcane Power: 7 || Accuracy: 7
Perfectionist II
Perfectionist II
23 Sep 2020, 00:36
Let's Chat!
@Henry Knight People are able to write happy and joyful characters because we all have flaws and they make the characters great, a kind of secret, maybe their mom is mean to their sibling or they are desperate to try and support their family, they all do get depression and get shy and get anxiety, but they either have it and get over it, hide it or have it later. I have never read any of Henry's interactions But kudos to you for making him more like a human and less of a story tale!
Same characters Change tho, Jo in her earlier stages was more of a struggling to understand everything kind of person with no flaws, but i like her revised version better, it has emotions and all and she has so many more flaws
Same characters Change tho, Jo in her earlier stages was more of a struggling to understand everything kind of person with no flaws, but i like her revised version better, it has emotions and all and she has so many more flaws
Stamina 4| Evasion 5| Strength 6 | Wisdom 7| Arcane Power 6 | Accuracy 7(Hex #008000) Josette Rutledge
Perfectionist
23 Sep 2020, 00:39
Let's Chat!
@Josette Rutledge Well, Miranda tries to act nice (and I'd hope to say she generally succeeds), but her family life isn't the best either, so I guess that's an example of "getting over it".
Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles
23 Sep 2020, 00:44
Let's Chat!
Alec tries to smile. I've attempted at making him a happy character. He really does have his moments though. And his thoughts can get pretty deep. He has a hard time expressing himself when it hurts most.
@Miranda Everest Same thing with the family life thing though. Alec suffers from middle child syndrome and just being ignored. He has some really deep grievances with his parents. And things just aren't good..
23 Sep 2020, 00:46
Let's Chat!
@Miranda Everest yeah, we all arent perfect we have scars, patches, some kind of body insecurity and so on. Try me, for example, *irl* i have glasses and braces and have good grades so I'm kind of mocked for being the steriotipical nerd, it isn't perfect but it makes me a human, I have good and bad days. I don't live in a place where i have a perfect life, perfect friends, perfect grades, perfect weather, it all changes and moods change and flaws change I don't know why i talk like I'm some 60 year old man who knows everything.
But having flaws isn't bad its actually at times good. Like death isn't always bad its good, if your pet is suffering from cancer and there's nothing you can do about it because they're so sick ethanization might be our only choice if you don't want them to suffer...
But having flaws isn't bad its actually at times good. Like death isn't always bad its good, if your pet is suffering from cancer and there's nothing you can do about it because they're so sick ethanization might be our only choice if you don't want them to suffer...
Stamina 4| Evasion 5| Strength 6 | Wisdom 7| Arcane Power 6 | Accuracy 7(Hex #008000) Josette Rutledge
Perfectionist
23 Sep 2020, 00:47
Let's Chat!
I wouldn’t say having happy characters mean they’re too story book or live a fairy tale. Alina has lots of flaws and has had hardships, she just chooses to not let a bad mood get her down and make life even worse in that moment. I think her bad times has made her appreciate the good and find good in the difficult.
Let your confidence shine, pretty girl.
23 Sep 2020, 00:49
Let's Chat!
@Alec Mason Ouch.But yeah, Miranda has parents that ignore her as well, but that's mostly because they don't like her supernatural race. She does have a loving brother, though (well, as loving as younger brothers can be, that is).
@Josette Rutledge I hear you. No one's perfect in RL, I'm sure of that, so don't worry too much about it. You have us for support, after all
Stamina: 7 - Evasion: 6 - Strength: 5 - Wisdom: 6 - Arcane Power: 6-Accuracy: 5
Alpha of the Pack and Writer of the Celestious Chronicles