Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open

Date: December 5th, 2026
WC: 259
Mentions: N/A
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS!!

It was the first Saturday of December. Snow fell down in light clear flakes, dusting the ground with a bright brilliant white blanket. Bella looked out from the windows of the study room on the second floor, tapping her pen absentmindedly on the table as she glanced to a faraway point in the middle of nowhere.

"It's such a beautiful day outside! Why did I choose to do this over going outside? I need a break," Bella declared. "Besides, I already finished literally all my homework except for this last worksheet. I still have what -- a week? I think I'll be fine."

Packing up her stuff, she quickly ran to her common room to change to warmer clothing, dropped her bag, climbed to the ground floor, and walked outside. She could feel the cold air immediately, even with her bundle of clothing.

"Brr! That's cold!" Bella remarked. "What should I do here?"

Then, she remembered one of her favorite activities with the snow -- snowman building, of course!

Bella started to run to gather materials, then stopped.

"Wait...this would be a lot more fun with friends, new or old," she muttered, then her face lit up with an idea.

There were people all around the courtyard at that time, which led to her simple but great idea.

Climbing onto a rock, she yelled, "HI!! GUYS, ANYBODY WANT TO HELP BUILD A SNOWMAN? OR SNOWPEOPLE! OR ANIMAL! OR THING! IT WOULD BE REALLY FUN!"

Then, she climbed down, brushed the snow off her pants, and waited for a response.

OOC Notes: Can't wait to see who would join, whether I have already RPed with you or not! :D

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
WC: 265
Mentions: @Bella Light and anybody who would like to join!!! :D

Nancy had finished all of her work and was enjoying a walk outside. A nature lover, the grounds had rapidly become one of her favourite places to wander during the weekend. Whether busy or peaceful, she enjoyed the fresh air. There was very, very fresh air during the winter, in fact. Additionally, the snow was absolutely beautiful. Thick fluffy snow covered the grounds like a blanket.

She took a step forward, admiring the perfect footprint left behind. Snow never fell this much in London. She felt like she had stepped into Narnia.

Amazed by the view, she closed her eyes and took in a deep breath. The cool air hit her lungs, tingling slightly and refreshing her. Although it was just the start of December, the snow made the castle feel incredibly festive.

She crouched down and scooped up a handful of the snow. The water absorbed into her woollen mittens, but she didn’t mind at all. Finding herself lost in the moment of fun, she tossed the snowball a few feet ahead of her, watching as it disappeared into the mass of snow that it landed on.

She looked up and laughed when she heard Bella calling out. Trust Bella to come up with such a brilliant idea! Quickly, she jogged over, delighted by the idea of playing in the snow. What could possibly be a better way to pass the wintery weekend?

“I’m in!” she exclaimed, still laughing. “This is going to be so much fun!” She tucked her mittens into her coat pocket, not wanting them to become sodden.
“Whatcha fancy building?”

Nancy Grey
"Rain will make the flowers grow" <3

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
WC: 217
Mentions: @Nancy Grey
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS (ANYBODY, ANY HOUSE, ANY YEAR, ANY SCHOOL! :))

Bella was just picking up another stick (she had already picked up five for her pile for no reason in particular) when she heard an excited voice. Turning around, her face lit up with a smile.

"Hi Nancy! Yay, I know, right!" she exclaimed. For a split second, she had been worried that nobody would want to get themselves wet or stay out in the cold for longer than needed. She was glad that somebody had come. And it was awesome that the "somebody" was Nancy, a girl she already met! Of course, meeting new people was super amazing, too.

"How are you doing? What were you originally out here for? Honestly, funny thing, I was trying to do my homework, but then I saw the snow outside and was like 'Wow! I need to go outside right now! It would be fine to totally procrastinate for just a couple hours!' So here I am!" she laughed.

"Oh! I was actually thinking of building a snowman. Or snow-people. Ooh maybe snow-students? Like a group of Hogwarts friends and their pets? Hmm...that would take a while, though, but we can definitely do it! What do you think? Anything you specifically want to make?"

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
WC: 236

Mentions: @Bella Light
OOC note: Feel free to join! Whether you know us or not, first years or not, absolutely everybody is welcome! 😊

Forever a lover of fun, Nancy immediately joined in, picking up a couple of impressive sticks to add to Bella’s pile of snowman assembly parts. She smiled even more as she noticed Bella’s enthusiastic reaction to her arrival. Having friends like this really did make school life much more enjoyable.

She laughed as she heard Bella’s reason for being out here, but it was surprisingly relatable. It would be too hard to focus on homework with all of this beautiful snow just waiting right outside!

“I’m so glad you’re out here too,” she told the Slytherin girl. “As for me? I can help you with your homework if you need. Well…I convinced myself that if I finished all of my homework last night, I could chill all day today,” Nancy admitted. “And it worked! So here I am! The snow is so deep, I’ve never seen quite this much.” She scooped up a large handful and let it fall through her fingers. “Does it snow this much where you’re from?”

She spent a moment looking around, still in awe.
“Building all of those sound so fun.” She bit her lip as she thought, then started to giggle. “Hey…we could make snowmen of our professors,” she suggested cheekily, adding a stick to the ever-growing pile.

Noticing Bella facing away for a moment, she scooped up a tiny handful of snow and lightly tossed it at her back.

Nancy Grey
"Rain will make the flowers grow" <3

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
WC: 205
Mentions: @Nancy Grey
OPEN TO INTERACTIONS TO EVERYBODY (Any House/School/Year!)

Nancy added a stick to Bella's pile, and she chuckled at her friend's response.

"Thanks for the offer! I do know how to do all the homework, I just didn't want to do it, you know?" she laughed. "I've never seen this much snow before! Well, I have once, when I was younger, but I live in London. Whenever there is snow, it always melts before I get a chance to play in it...how about you?"

Her face lit up at the idea.

"Wait, that's actually such a great idea!"
she remarked as she grabbed a stick to sketch out a rough outline of a face. "We should totally make snowmen -- sorry, snow-people -- of our professors!"

Bella nodded as she bent down to pick up another stick. She was just about to turn back when she felt something cold and wet hit her back.

"Huh?"
she touched her shoulder, feeling water on her fingertips. "NANCY!" she shrieked. "I'm going to get you back for that!" Laughing, she grabbed a handful of snow and threw. And of course, being Bella, she missed.

"Wait, oops, let me try again!" she shouted, giggling as she scooped another handful of snow and tossing it at her friend.

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
WC: 239

Mentions: @Bella Light and everybody!

Nancy let out a shriek of laughter as the little snowball hit Bella. The comedic timing was perfect, as was her friend’s reaction.

“Gotcha!” she squealed, ducking as a snowball sailed over her left shoulder. She started to run away when a snowball hit her arm, causing her to laugh even harder. “Oi!!”

She crouched and scooped up more snow, throwing it, giggling.

“Hang on! I never knew you were from London. I am too!” she exclaimed, thoroughly enjoying the impromptu snowball fight. “That’s really cool!”

As they tossed snowballs, it started to snow again. Soft snowflakes flitted down from the clouds, landing on their hair and settling on top of the existing snow like icing sugar. Nancy laughed and spun around, catching a snowflake on her tongue. It reminded her of one of her favourite Christmas films, The Snowman (and the Snowdog!). A thought crossed her mind. Could wizards make snowmen come alive like that? Maybe there was some charm or transformation spell that would do it.

She looked around, excited. The snow had turned the courtyard into a playground. Some students were scurrying inside to avoid getting wet and cold, whilst others were playing and enjoying the snow.

“Can we make snow angels too?!” she asked. “I haven’t made one in so long. Oh look!”

She picked up a pebble. It was round and smooth, perfect for a button or an eye for one of their snow-professors.

Nancy Grey
"Rain will make the flowers grow" <3

Do You Want To Build A Snowman? Open
It was a cold, snowy day during early December, towards the end of the year. Maya was finished with her school work for today. When she finally had an opportunity to look outside the castle again she was so happy to see the grounds covered by the snow, as if it was a wide white blanket. She hadn’t seen snow for a long time, since she was a very small child, she could honestly barely remember how snow looked like and felt like in the weather and in her little hands. She might even have been to little to have snow fights since she even saw it.

So that’s why she was so happy to go out and enjoy the snow today. As soon as she was finished with all she had to do, she made her way outside.

It was very cold and chilly that Maya wondered if she should’ve been dressed better. Regardless, she took a step outside and started absorbing the environment while walking. She stopped and looked down at the white blanket beneath her boots, and grabbed a piece of snowball with her covered hands. It was like she was feeling it for the first time, amazed, she took a quick mental observation of how it felt in her palm.
Then she heard something, or better yet, some people.

There was Bella - trust her to always have some fun in the castle - and a Hufflepuff girl. They were having a snowball fight. Maya grinned mischievously, she stood behind Bella, called her name out loud to get her attention and then aimed to hit her with the snowball in her hands.

@Bella Light, @Nancy Grey