Overwhelmed
Atlas cocks his head to the side.
"A mood ring? Sorry about the eye colour, sorry if it creeps you out...they aren't usually like this. My eyes are normally blue.....but they change sometimes. I don't know why.....along with other body parts occasionally."
Atlas moves to lie down with his arms crossed behind his head like a pillow as he stares up at the stars.
"Thanks, yeah, I got my ears pierced in March before I came here......and to be honest, I'm not at all that interesting, I'm the definition of boring."
Atlas stares up at the stars as he thinks to himself, "No one ever asks about me, why would I be interesting? The stars are pretty tonight, they're always pretty. Why do I feel so grounded when I'm around her? I mean, her emotional turmoil alone is extremely intense, even for me, and I'm not even the one going through that, but I feel safe when I'm with her, I don't even feel safe at home. And she looks so pretty with the stars reflecting off her eyes, I don't think she realises that. I don't think most people realise that about her." Atlas's left eye turns back into the identical green of Adora's eyes while his right eye stays his natural deep icy blue colour.
Word Count: 221
OOC Notes: Sorry for the long wait. It's been a pretty busy last couple of weeks of summer. I should be active enough now that school started.
@Adora Fletching
"A mood ring? Sorry about the eye colour, sorry if it creeps you out...they aren't usually like this. My eyes are normally blue.....but they change sometimes. I don't know why.....along with other body parts occasionally."
Atlas moves to lie down with his arms crossed behind his head like a pillow as he stares up at the stars.
"Thanks, yeah, I got my ears pierced in March before I came here......and to be honest, I'm not at all that interesting, I'm the definition of boring."
Atlas stares up at the stars as he thinks to himself, "No one ever asks about me, why would I be interesting? The stars are pretty tonight, they're always pretty. Why do I feel so grounded when I'm around her? I mean, her emotional turmoil alone is extremely intense, even for me, and I'm not even the one going through that, but I feel safe when I'm with her, I don't even feel safe at home. And she looks so pretty with the stars reflecting off her eyes, I don't think she realises that. I don't think most people realise that about her." Atlas's left eye turns back into the identical green of Adora's eyes while his right eye stays his natural deep icy blue colour.
Word Count: 221
OOC Notes: Sorry for the long wait. It's been a pretty busy last couple of weeks of summer. I should be active enough now that school started.
@Adora Fletching
Overwhelmed
"I highly doubt that, your body changes it's appearance! I refuse to believe you find that boring." Adora grinned at Atlas as he lied back onto the grass. She had her spark back with Atlas. Not that she ever lost it, but it had faded. He wanted to know her story, and her his. It wasn't very easy to explain, but Atlas had a sort of wave of comfort and an open ear. Adora wondered if he was like that with everybody. He seemed curious at the mood ring.
"Yeah, a mood ring. It's a muggle thing. You put it on your finger then it changes color based on how you feel. Surely you've heard of them? My mom studied one once." She looked out at the setting sun, slowly fading between gorgeous shades of soft and deep purples, bright oranges, buttery and warm yellows, baby pinks and sky blues. Kinda like Atlas' eyes. Adora thought, looking back towards him. A soft breeze blew through Atlas' hair tossing it back onto the crown of his head. Adora felt the cool graze on her own skin, but was too focused on Atlas. She didn't realize it at the time, but this was the exact moment she fell in love.
Word count: 218
Mentions/Interacting with: @Atlas Caius Benedict
Outfit: This!
OOC notes: It's fine I've not been online too lol.
Last edited by Adora Fletching on 23 Sep 2026, 22:06, edited 1 time in total.
Overwhelmed
""Yeah, I know what a mood ring is. I was wondering how I am like a mood ring? Also, I'm not always sure mood rings are accurate because they change colour due to your body heat, but some people have a slightly warmer core temperature than others. Plus, there's not just mood rings, there's mood necklaces and mood earrings and mood bracelets and whatever else."
A smirk touches Atlas's lips, knowing he's just getting into details for no reason. "She's something else, her voice sounds so comforting. She's funny and kind. She makes me feel normal, like I don't have to hide. She's really beautiful, my hoodie looks good on her. Maybe I should let her keep it? I really wouldn't mind if she kept it. Do you think she knows how pretty she is?" Atlas thinks to himself as he fixes his hair, then pats the spot next to him, gesturing for Adora to lie next to him. Atlas takes a deep breath enjoying the fresh smell and slightly cool feel of the breeze, finding it relaxing, as is Adora's presence wasn't relaxing enough..
""I guess that part isn't boring, but my life as a whole is pretty boring but fine, what do you want to know?"
Word Count: 208
@Adora Fletching
A smirk touches Atlas's lips, knowing he's just getting into details for no reason. "She's something else, her voice sounds so comforting. She's funny and kind. She makes me feel normal, like I don't have to hide. She's really beautiful, my hoodie looks good on her. Maybe I should let her keep it? I really wouldn't mind if she kept it. Do you think she knows how pretty she is?" Atlas thinks to himself as he fixes his hair, then pats the spot next to him, gesturing for Adora to lie next to him. Atlas takes a deep breath enjoying the fresh smell and slightly cool feel of the breeze, finding it relaxing, as is Adora's presence wasn't relaxing enough..
""I guess that part isn't boring, but my life as a whole is pretty boring but fine, what do you want to know?"
Word Count: 208
@Adora Fletching
Overwhelmed
"Because of your eyes," Adora said, pointing to her own. "They change color in accordance to your mood. Or is it those around you?" She lied down slightly facing Atlas at his invite. I had no idea there were different types! she thought. She could feel the soft inside of Atlas' hoodie grazing against her arms as she adjusted, trying to get comfortable on the grass. She made a mental note to tell her mom about the different types of mood jewelry. Funny how a venting session turned into talking about mood rings and life stories. Adora wanted to know everything about Atlas' alleged "boring" life. When did he realize his eyes morphed like that? Was it just his eyes? Did he know anybody else who could do that? her finger traced circles on the grass, tickling her palm. A small wave lapped over the shore of the lake, calling Adora's attention. She sat back up, despite having just laid down, and slipped her shoes off. she carefully walked barefoot, looking out for any bugs or stickers that might poke her feet, and toed the water, checking the temperature. The cool water felt nice against her feet. She splashed around a little, making sure not to go any deeper than halfway up her shins. She waded around a bit, carefully avoiding any rocks. She looked over at Atlas, and asked, "Can you do that with more than just your eyes? How does it work?" She looked down as a small school of minnows hurried past her, their tiny gray bodies moving as one group. She stepped out of the lake, tiptoeing back through the grass to her socks, and slipped both them and her shoes back on. By now, the sun was almost fully set. It was getting later in the day. Adora lied back down by Atlas, her hands across her stomach.
Word count: 313
Mentions/Interacting with: @Atlas Caius Benedict
Outfit: This!
OOC notes: I'm sorry this took so long! Darned schoolwork
