tba preptober

Image posted by the member
Prepober 2026
❀
Table of Contents
Week One — The Spark
Week Two —
Week Three —
Week Four —
Last edited by Brookline Quinn on 4 Oct 2026, 00:48, edited 2 times in total.

brookline quinn | peter smith
is it female rage or am i just my father’s daughter?

tba preptober
The Spark: What Are You Writing?
October first - October ninth
This week is about turning "I have an idea" into something resembling a story.
The Elevator Pitch: Describe your story in 50 words or fewer.
In another universe lies this luscious and unique land where sorceresses rule the land and grant their citizens with harmless gifts. One day, a jealous person who has a powerful gift, overthrows the kingdom after the good sorceresses vanish. A group of teenagers decide to journey to find the sorceresses before the tyrant kills them all.
Then try again in one sentence.
Unlikely friends band together to seek out their gifts/sorceresses to save their kingdom from a wicked person.
Three Things I Know: Provide three things you absolutely know about your story and three things you haven't figured out yet.
Things Known:
i. Sorceresses give magical gifts to their people and they had suspiciously disappear.
ii. Evil person is waiting on the clock to destroy all magic expect their own.
iii. Set in another universe and the setting is the magical plains, valleys and mountains of a once-beautiful kingdom.
Things Not Known:
i. Most of the plot.
ii. How long the novel is going to be.
iii. Characters names and personalities.
The Promise: Complete the following phrase: "I want this story to make the reader feel ______." Then explain why.
I want this story to make readers feel mysterious, humorous and suspicious. I want them to feel this way because I want them to question on the shifty disappearance of the good sorceresses. Also, I hope I can make the dialogue funny, so I would like for readers think it’s a tad humorous.
CHALLENGE. Steal This Prompt: Pick one of these 10 elements and incorporate it somehow into your concept.
- A locked door
- An unwanted inheritance
- A lie told at dinner
- Something buried beneath a tree
- An embarrassing lie
- A secret — Already in the story. The secret of why some young people didn’t receive gifts and the disappearance of the sorceresses.
- Something very very pink
- A monster — The tyrant and something else in the friends’ path on their journey.
- A sport game
- A story within a story

brookline quinn | peter smith
is it female rage or am i just my father’s daughter?