Slivered Scrolls Preptober 2026

Tasks

Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4

Wisdom in the mind, Charm in the spirit.
Part-Goblin|Charmer|Spring Queen
iNPC: Mira Hawkins

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

Slivered Scrolls Preptober 2026
Image posted by the member
The Spark: What Are You Writing?
Oct 1 - Oct 9
This week is about turning "I have an idea" into something resembling a story.
The Elevator Pitch: Describe your story in 50 words or fewer. Then try again in one sentence.
Attempt 1: If you happen to be wandering in an abandoned botanical garden near midnight on Saturdays, you'll find yourself standing in front of a locked wooden door. 'The Hush of Hours' says the metal plaque on the door. Open it and you'll find a magical library. Books that record dreams, books that reflect your mood... that's where the journey starts.
Attempt 2: With curiosity, a girl enters a magical library. There, she reads special books of all kinds, learning precious lessons and finding answers to her wonders of life.

Three Things I Know: Provide three things you absolutely know about your story and three things you haven't figured out yet.
What I Know:
1. the library is set in an abandoned botanical garden, it only appears from Saturday 23:50 to Sunday 00:10. But time goes slower there, these 20 minutes feel like 4 hours.
2. there will be many different books. A series of books that records all your dreams, sweet ones and nightmares. One that includes all the pleasant smells that you've smelled but never knew where it came from and gives each of them a name. One that displays all the bits of memories, bitter or sweet that has been forgotten. One that shows the deepest desire in everyone's hearts...
3. the main character is a 15 year old girl

What I Don't Know:
1. The name of the characters and whether I should put a librarian in the story or not. should there be other readers? what are their identities?
2. should I write about all the different books or focus on 1-2 special ones? Should I design a book that is magical yet fatal?
3. while reading the books, should the heroine gradually discover the life of another person or find the solution to her own real life problems?

The Promise: Complete the following phrase: "I want this story to make the reader feel ______." Then explain why.
I want this story to make the reader feel dreamy and ethereal. I'm creating a place that is unreal, a place with remains hidden from most and bends time.

CHALLENGE. Steal This Prompt: Pick one of these 10 elements and incorporate it somehow into your concept.
A Locked Door
A Secret
A Story within a Story
Last edited by Cassie Jiang on 3 Oct 2026, 12:41, edited 9 times in total.

Wisdom in the mind, Charm in the spirit.
Part-Goblin|Charmer|Spring Queen
iNPC: Mira Hawkins

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

Slivered Scrolls Preptober 2026
Image posted by the member
Last edited by Cassie Jiang on 3 Oct 2026, 11:24, edited 2 times in total.

Wisdom in the mind, Charm in the spirit.
Part-Goblin|Charmer|Spring Queen
iNPC: Mira Hawkins

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

Slivered Scrolls Preptober 2026
Image posted by the member
Last edited by Cassie Jiang on 3 Oct 2026, 11:24, edited 2 times in total.

Wisdom in the mind, Charm in the spirit.
Part-Goblin|Charmer|Spring Queen
iNPC: Mira Hawkins

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball

Slivered Scrolls Preptober 2026
Image posted by the member

Wisdom in the mind, Charm in the spirit.
Part-Goblin|Charmer|Spring Queen
iNPC: Mira Hawkins

choco froggies buy&sell Wisdom Ball