The School For The Artistically Gifted
School For The Artistically Gifted
The Spark: What Are You Writing?
Oct 1 - Oct 9
This week is about turning "I have an idea" into something resembling a story.The Elevator Pitch: Describe your story in 50 words or fewer. Then try again in one sentence.
50 Words Or Fewer
Aryan has… strange capabilities. The most peculiar things are often because of Aryan, and oftentimes he was hurt for it, hurt for being who he was, and that mad him an outcast in his school and surrounding areas… until one day, a peculiar visitor came to see Aryan.
One Sentence Aryan has spent his life hiding his strange abilities, but when a mysterious visitor invites him to a school for the Gifted, he must conceal the one thing that could make him its most dangerous student: he possesses all four Powers
Three Things I Know:
1. Aryan can use the Power of the Quills, Palettes, Steps and Chords.
2. Aryan’s best friends are Liweng and Jaculus.
3. Jaculus is albino.
Three Things I Don’t Know:
1. Where is Aryan, Liweng and Jaculus going to be Sorted into?
2. Who are the teachers?
3. When does the certain person die.
The Promise: Complete the following phrase: "I want this story to make the reader feel ______." Then explain why.
I want this story to make readers feel Captivated. I want to do this because it has been my dream forever to write a story that readers won’t be able to put down, and is just so engrossed in the book that they lose track of time!
CHALLENGE. Steal This Prompt:
The Lie at Dinner
The lie at dinner was told by Aryan, and he said that he can only harness the Powers of the Quill, and cannot use any others, which is a lie. He lied because a Gifted with more than one Power is considered dangerous and is shunned by society, and the last duo-powered Gifted was a dark mage that cursed Jaculus’s family and left Liweng and her little brother orphans.