Accidental Encounter

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


Silas, as per usual has his head in a book. This book is titled "The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection" and is quite intriguing for him. Most recently he has been informed that this book is great for duelists which he has gained a steep interest in this as of late. A particular section going over werewolves draws his attention. Werewolves being venomous? Seems muggle mythology has missed some things, I can see here that is venomous but to what extent I can't seem to find it... It may be best to ask my professor on this rather then simply dwelling on this for too long. Then again if I continue reading on I may find the answer in a different section, not every one of these textbooks are written in such a way that is easy to read. Ah I see here it also states that once bitten there is no cure. How horrifying? Am I reading this wrong?

He continues down the hallway that has a few students passing by him. Typically people move out of his way so he finds that checking whats in front of him is a bit of a waste of time. Well, usually that is true. Today however, not so much. After a few more steps he hits the shoulder of something and as not to fall onto it he twists his body making his back hit the wall just below the window. He groans at the sudden pain rubbing the back of his head not quite looking up yet. The words come out nearly as a groan as he nurses his wound.

"Ah sorry, seems I need to pay more attention to where I am going. Are you alright hopefully I did not hurt you?"

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Ginny Angel
Last edited by Silas Vance on 25 Sep 2026, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710

Accidental Encounter
Reducio
Mentions:@Silas Vance @Bella Light
Time: Afternoon
Location: Corridors, Second Floor, Hogwarts
Outfit: Standard Hufflepuff uniform
I'm exploring. Again.
I push through the bustling crowd of students surging through the halls, smiling at the few faces I recognize.
Now, when I say I'm exploring, I literally mean, I am finding unknown places. I've been at Hogwarts for nearly a month now, and still have trouble finding my classes. So, as a precaution against getting completely and utterly lost again, I've decided to explore as much of the castle and grounds as I can.
Today has led my to this particular part of the corridors. I'm not quite sure where I am, but I'm pretty sure I'm on the second floor. I think.
I'm drawn from my thoughts as I slam into something. No, someone. They twist away to avoid falling on me and hit the wall. I stumble, trying hard not to fall over in the huge crowd. I have a feeling I would get absolutely trampled if I did.
Thankfully, I manage to steady myself, and look up at the person I collided with. A boy stares back at me, clutching a book to his chest. He has black hair pulled into a braid that hangs over his left shoulder, and bangs that swoop down over his right eye. He wears black rimmed round glasses and is dressed in the standard Slytherin uniform.
"Ah sorry, seems I need to pay more attention to where I am going. Are you alright hopefully I did not hurt you?" He asks through a groan, as he rubs the back of his head.
I assess myself. My shoulder is sore and I'm almost certain it's going to bruise, but nothing that I won't recover from in a couple days.
"No, I'm OK," I say to the boy. "Are you?"
Last edited by Ginny Angel on 26 Sep 2026, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

Accidental Encounter
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


He finally looks up smiling at her with a bit of a weary smile. Good, she does not sound upset with him. His head is throbbing slightly but he seems to have mitigated the damage best he could. He checks his book assessing the damage, to his great happiness it seems to be completely unscathed, which to him he would rather get hurt then his text books getting hurt. Well at least until hes learned it cover to cover. There is plenty inside that he intends to learn, and from this particular one he is no where near done reading it. He then sits somewhat cross legged and speaks a bit of embarrassment carries in his tone.

"I am fine, again I am sorry about that. Been down this corridor so many times sometimes I forget people even come this way. Are you looking for anything in particular or are you kinda just exploring? I like to pass through here sometimes as a little shortcut."

He shifts slightly uncomfortable rubbing his left knuckle with his right hand. With how fast he was walking he really could have hurt someone... or damaged his book, and that would be a travesty. Either which way of course. Silas just now realizes shes a Hufflepuff, maybe a first year? He is decent enough at guessing but for some its harder. Regardless he simply hopes no drama comes of this, he already has more of that then he wants in truth.

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Ginny Angel

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710

Accidental Encounter
Reducio
Mentions: @Silas Vance @Bella Light
Time: Afternoon
Location: Corridors, Second Floor, Hogwarts
Outfit: Standard Hufflepuff Uniform
The boy looks up at me and smiles weakly. I watch as he briefly flicks through his book, as if checking that it's OK. I mean, I love to read, but that's next-level bookworminess. I stifle a giggle as he sits cross-legged on the floor and speaks.
"I am fine; again, I am sorry about that. Been down this corridor so many times; sometimes I forget people even come this way. Are you looking for anything in particular, or are you kinda just exploring? I like to pass through here sometimes as a little shortcut."
He sounds a little embarrassed, but I don't blame him.
"Really, it's OK," I tell him. "I should have been watching where I was going instead of marvelling at the decor. And yeah, I'm just exploring. Actually, can I tell you something?"
I lean in and lower my voice as I speak. "I'm trying to memorise the castle because I keep getting lost. Like, yesterday morning, I was looking for my History of Magic class, and I got so lost that I ended up being a whole 15 minutes late. Luckily for me, the professor was really understanding. But it was so embarrassing having to walk in and announce in front of the whole class that I got lost."
I laugh at the memory before realising the boy is still sitting awkwardly on the floor.
"Oh, sorry," I say, offering my hand to help him up. "I'm Ginny, Ginny Angel. What's your name?"

Accidental Encounter
WC: 232
Mentions: @Ginny Angel, @Silas Vance

It's kind of funny how you can see everything in the halls. Really, when Bella was walking back to her common room that one day, she has already passed two students dancing, teachers screaming, some people playing tag, others racing, some reading, others doing homework, and of course the occasional screams of joy (or horror).

Bella shook her head in amusement and delight as she hoisted her heavy bag on her shoulders and fast-walked through the halls. However, as she was preparing to turn the corner, she heard voices she thought seemed familiar.

Bella tilted her head, curious, when she saw a boy sitting on the ground and a girl leaning down to talk to him. She realized that she recognized them, upon a closer look!

"Oh, hi Silas! Hi Ginny!"


Bella recognized her friends: Silas from the Hogwarts Grounds and Ginny from the library.

"How are you guys? What are you...umm...what are you guys doing here, in the middle of the hallway? Uhh, Silas, are you okay? I'm confused. But I'm really glad to see you guys! I love meeting people I know in the hallways!" Bella exclaimed, grinning. She waved as she walked closer, setting her bag down against her leg and listening to what they were going to say.

OOC NOTES: Hiii!! :D Thanks for letting me join! So amazing! 🤩

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Accidental Encounter
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


Silas goes to respond before jumping slightly at the additional voice. As he turns see it's Bella he chuckles a bit seeing her as she rambles on just a bit.

"It's good to see you again Bella unfortunately I bumped into Ginny here, I did my best not to run her over that would've been quite bad. I suppose we're just having a chat at this point."

He turns back to Ginny smiling a bit, he clearly feels a bit more comfortable not especially with her warmness to him. He has met a couple Hufflepuff at this point most of which have been mostly kind to him, he just assumed that all will though naturally that is quite naive of a though but this place has a tendency to let him open up a bit even if it's foolish.

"Yes I have sadly been there as well, it's quite easy getting lost in these halls. I swear some of these staircases move and if you have the decency to ask the paintings for information occasionally whether it's a forgetful memory or they simply choose to mess with you. Regardless my name is Silas Vance, as you can tell I'm familiar with Bella light. It's nice to meet you Ginny. If you need help of any kind and you see me feel free to ask me for anything. You don't plan to become a duelist do you? If so I hope we don't duel if I'm being completely honest you seem quite nice."

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Bella Light@Ginny Angel

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710

Accidental Encounter
Reducio
Mentions: @Silas Vance @Bella Light
Time: Afternoon
Location: Corridors, Second Floor, Hogwarts
Outfit: Standard Hufflepuff Uniform
I listen to Silas as he speaks, my smile growing wider with every word. There is something about the way he talks about Hogwarts that makes me laugh, especially when he mentions the staircases and paintings. I have already discovered that this castle is definitely not as straightforward as it looks.
"Honestly, I think getting lost is just part of being a student here," I say with a little laugh. "I'm pretty sure the staircases move around just to make things more difficult for us."
I glance toward one of the nearby staircases just as it begins shifting, and my eyebrows lift in amusement.
"See? Exactly what I mean!"
I turn my attention back to Silas when he mentions duelling. The idea makes me pause for a moment as I think about it.
"I'm not sure if I could become a duelist," I admit, giving a small shrug. "I mean, learning how to defend yourself would be great, and you never know what sort of trouble you might get into around here, but I just don't think I've got the right capabilities."
I can't help but smile at his offer to help me if I need anything. It's nice of him, especially considering we've only just met.
"Thank you, though. I'll definitely remember that if I get completely hopelessly lost."
I turn to Bella and address her question. "As Silas said, we bumped into each other. Literally. And then we've spent the last five minutes enjoying the pleasantness of one another's company."
I flash a grin at the boy before continuing.
"What are you doing? And how are you managing to navigate the castle so easily?" I ask Bella.

Accidental Encounter
WC: 275
Mentions: @Silas Vance, @Ginny Angel

Bella grinned as she heard Ginny's question.

"Well, I got lost SO MUCH the first few days when I went exploring. Also, these portraits are just..." she shook her head, but she was smiling. "Am I the only one?" Bella asked as she turned to the closest portrait, who was talking with another portrait further away and wasn't paying attention to their conversation.

"Hi! I'm Bella Light. Do you mind telling me where the library is, please? Thanks!" Bella asked cheerfully. The person inhabiting the portrait, a man with a bushy beard, turned to look at Bella.

"Oh, you again? Well, the library is here, or maybe there, or nowhere at all! Now stop interrupting our conversation!" he grumbled before turning back.

Bella shrugged, laughing.

"Yep! Happens almost every time! So, to answer your question, I don't actually know the castle that well. Every time I have free time, if I can, I just enjoy exploring and walking around, trying to find more mysteries and memories. Sometimes I do it alone, but many times I find others who are doing the same thing, and we become friends! You know what? Ginny, Silas, want to explore with me one day? Not today, of course, but later?" Bella asked. "And as for today, I was trying to get to the Slytherin dorms to grab something before heading out later for the library, dinner, you know, all of that!"


OOC Notes: Lol if you look at my RP thread history I've done so many secret-hunting threads :D It's so fun, maybe we should do one together one day! <3

"The sun rises and the sun sets. Then, it repeats."

Accidental Encounter
✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


SIlas listens patiently chuckling a bit at both of there responses, as they are pretty funny. Between the portraits just straight messing with Bella and the staircases essentially moving at the most opportune time he can't help but laugh even if it is a bit too hard... then again does it even matter if he laughs hard? probably not.

"I must say I have gotten a significantly better handle on the layout since arriving. Pairing essentially landmarks across floors and just memorizing what each one was to quickly determine my location no matter where I am... But you both don't need to hear me ramble. I saw a Hufflepuff girl the other day trying to run string by floor to follow. I found that quite amusing. Thinking on it though I am kinda just wander the halls today I do not really have much to do, reading is best on your feet or under a tree I think."

He takes some time now to really think on what Ginny said. Enjoy each others... Ah I see! I suppose we have haven't we. Normally we would just continue walking him did not think about that. You know the dinner in the dinning hall is always so stuffy and he feels forced to eat with the other Slytherin which is not necessarily bad but still. In truth he detests being told what to do. He turns to Bella.

"Bella, have you considered trying to eat with the other houses at all? It feels odd that we are.... segregated.. Maybe a harsh word. Grouped, there it is, we are grouped by house but what if I want to eat with Ginny here? Am I even allowed to.. I suppose I should ask a prefect on such a thing."

✦ ────────────────────────── ✦


@Bella Light | @Ginny Angel

Check out my page! You might be on there.
Encyclopedia link: viewtopic.php?p=1808710#p1808710